Nigella Lawson: Saatchi threatened to 'destroy' me
December 4th, 2013
09:30 AM ET
Share this on:

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson told a London court Wednesday that ex-husband Charles Saatchi had threatened to "destroy" her, as she testified in the trial of two former personal assistants accused of fraud.

The former aides, Italian sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, deny embezzling hundreds of thousands of pounds on company credit cards while employed by Lawson and Saatchi.

Lawson's comment about her ex-husband came as she was asked about her reluctance to attend court as a witness in the assistants' trial - a case that has gripped the media as claims emerge about the couple's troubled personal life.
FULL POST



November 29th, 2013
04:15 PM ET
Share this on:

Charles Saatchi, the millionaire ex-husband of celebrity chef Nigella Lawson, said Friday he believed his ex-wife had taken drugs but had no evidence of it, as he testified at the trial of two former assistants accused of fraud.

The former assistants, Italian sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, deny embezzling hundreds of thousands of pounds on company credit cards.

Allegations of drug use by Lawson were made in a pre-trial hearing for the case earlier this week, when an e-mail sent by Saatchi to Lawson in October was read out by the defense.
FULL POST



November 29th, 2013
11:30 AM ET
Share this on:

Charles Saatchi, the millionaire ex-husband of celebrity chef Nigella Lawson, took the stand Friday at the trial of two former personal assistants accused of defrauding the couple.

The former assistants, Italian sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, deny embezzling hundreds of thousands of pounds on company credit cards.

Saatchi described the sisters' roles as housekeeping, organizing the household and helping out with any tasks needed by the family. They were first employed by Lawson and then by his company, he said.
FULL POST



France's food system invaded by rogue horse meat
February 14th, 2013
01:00 PM ET
Share this on:

French prosecutors are investigating how horse meat was sold as beef, the country's consumer affairs minister said Thursday.

The announcement comes as UK inspectors said that horse carcasses contaminated with an equine painkiller harmful to humans may have entered the food chain in France.

A number of meat plants that handled the horse meat as it made its way through the food chain are facing questions about what they knew and whether fraud was involved.
FULL POST

Posted by:
Filed under: Food Safety • Horse • Meat • Politics • Taboos


Pinterest
| Part of
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,309 other followers