Eatocracy: We're going there
August 7th, 2014

Dear readers,

Fix yourself a plate, grab a drink from the cooler and sit down with us for a minute. We've got some exciting news to feast on.

Like the rest of our colleagues at CNN, Eatocracy is gonna Go There. Uh - over there, actually, to our new home on CNN.com.

We'll still cook up the same robust blend of food news, culture and politics, opinion, cooking tutorials, heartfelt essays, goofy musings and eye-rolling food puns that Eatocracy has been serving on the blog for the past four years. But expect an extra helping of slow-braised, bigger, badder, deeper stories that might even (gasp!) take us away from our desks every once in a while and out into the unknown.

We're hungry for this new adventure and we invite you to join us at the table.

Cheers,

Kat Kinsman and Sarah LeTrent

Our new home: Eatocracy on CNN.com

Go There

p.s. You'll still be able to find older stories right here on the blog, but make sure to bookmark eatocracy.cnn.com to get here.

« Previous entry
  1. maryshannonrocks

Hi, everyone. If you're a regular from the old Klatsch and still want to stay in touch with us, send me an email to coffeekornerblog@gmail.com.

The ID will stay up as long as possible but if it gets taken over by trolls it will be put down, much like a rabid animal.

November 10, 2014 at 2:14 pm |
  2. thewaiterreview

we talk about diners. http://thewaiterreview.wordpress.com/

November 10, 2014 at 3:13 am |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

And the award for The Most Boring Troll on the Internet goes to..... *yawn*

October 22, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
  4. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Oh, forgot – another reason I wandered away from here was the inability to post. I see that still applies to me for some reason about 60% of the time

October 22, 2014 at 10:58 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Already had a reply to RH not post.

October 22, 2014 at 10:58 am |
      • JBJingles

It's RH, he's rubber nothing sticks. Welcome back!

October 22, 2014 at 11:26 am |
      • RC

Every once in a while that happens to me. If I hit f5-refresh, the post shows up.

October 22, 2014 at 12:52 pm |
    • maryshannonrocks

Come visit us at our other location...you got an email.

November 10, 2014 at 10:19 am |
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Well, well. I take a while off and Kat leaves? Pfft!!11!!!1

Been busy at work and all my time is spent on the 49ers forum now that it's football season and I also have 5 fantasy leagues, 2 of them with money involved. Also moved to the next town over about 2.5 months ago. Will try and catch up on all the gossip, but am working with someone I always have to pick up the slack for today. Arrg.

October 22, 2014 at 10:23 am |
    • RC @Jdizz

Doooooooood! Man it's good to "see" ya. Thought you'd dropped off the face of the planet. Looks like both our teams are struggling a little bit this year. Hopefully we can back on track at Carolina this weekend.
      Yeah, it sucks having to pick up someone's slack. I hope the move to (?) was a positive one.
      Drop by "over there once in a while so we know you're still around, yup?

October 22, 2014 at 10:32 am |
  6. TNT

Good morning! How's everyone doing on this "humpy hap day"?
    RC, Just heard on our local news that there will be a solar eclipse tomorrow. See, you were right! 😃

October 22, 2014 at 7:02 am |
    • RC @TNT

See? the voices in my head were right!
      Apparently, the farther north and west you are, the more spectacular the eclipse will be.
      Yay for being in the PNW!

October 22, 2014 at 10:20 am |
      • RC @TNT

Correction: Looks like the Midwest will have the best view. Jdizz?

October 22, 2014 at 10:40 am |
    • maryshannonrocks

If you're interested, look for the post above and come visit at our new location.

November 12, 2014 at 12:18 pm |
  7. Don Meredith

Turn out the lights,The Party's Over…...

October 21, 2014 at 6:40 pm |
    • Thinking things through

Yep, definitely miss this place!!

October 22, 2014 at 7:33 am |
    • RC

Well, apparently the switch hasn't been thrown yet.
      We're still partyin' baby!

October 22, 2014 at 10:24 am |
  8. Poo Ping

One last POOP for the road.

October 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm |
  9. Kat Kinsman

It's my last day at CNN! It's really freaking weird!

October 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Wish we could be there for your farewell party.
      Here are some balloons and your favorite virtual tunes to makes this a great happy/sad- but in a good way day.
      Where is all that confetti coming from?

October 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good luck Kat!! If you happen to walk by the supply room on your way out and spot an Eatocracy cutting board laying around, well, you know what to do. :))

October 21, 2014 at 12:29 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Awww, I just noticed you cleaned up the poop for us one last time...how sweet! Hugs and best wishes to you in your new endeavors...

October 21, 2014 at 12:34 pm |
      • JBJingles

Wrong again. It's called being a nice and decent human being...

October 22, 2014 at 8:24 am |
    • Digital Dom

Best of fortune in all your future endeavors, Kat. Thank you for putting the Klatsch together. It has been quite an experience.

October 21, 2014 at 1:12 pm |
    • Droppa Deuce

So long, Ms. Kitty, from your favorite 'poop troll." Best of luck in your new endeavor. No hard feelings?

October 21, 2014 at 3:37 pm |
    • TNT

Good luck to ya, Kat! I'm sure you'll drop in & say hello from time to time...right?
      Btw, can I keep the locks? Lol!

October 21, 2014 at 4:56 pm |
    • Thinking things through

Just was dropping by (which I haven't done much, lately), and discovered, Kat, that you're leaving us... but for a new opportunity, so enjoy it and have a round of your favorite cake and wine on me!

October 22, 2014 at 7:29 am |
  10. RC

Sooo....we're still here I see.
    What's everyone up to this week?
    Still trying to get Halloween done, so it can all come down the next day. *Sigh*

October 21, 2014 at 10:16 am |
    • Digital Dom@RC

Hey. Check your email lately?
      This week, I'm cramming 5 days of work into 4 to take Friday off with a straight face. Having work done on the casa.
      We decorate for Halloween because we're home to participate in it. The rest of the "holidays" we pack up the plantation and go visit relatives. If we aren't even home to enjoy the decor, why bother?

October 21, 2014 at 11:00 am |
      • RC @DD

Thanks, I'll check it tonight when I get home.
        Yup, if you're not there to enjoy decorations, then there's no point. Although I think the wife would still decorate. It's just her thing.
        Whatcha havin' done to the casa? Dungeon improvements?

October 21, 2014 at 11:26 am |
        • Digital Dom@RC

Improving the dungeon's Dark Garden with some trim .... trees that is. One will be removed once the city bends to my will .... and grants the permit. ;)

October 21, 2014 at 12:04 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Well, I am one of those people that decorate for Christmas, even though I go up to WA every year...where I also decorate! LOL I just love the tree in the house and the decoration, makes a home more homey! I stopped decorating for Halloween/fall a few years ago, no Easter décor either, just Christmas now. Up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and it all goes away on 1/1 now matter what! :)

October 21, 2014 at 12:28 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

This week almost everything I touch seems to be possessed by daemons. Phones in particular and I mean any phone. Strangers talking in the back ground that can't hear me. Unexplained hangups. Speed dialing a long time tried and true number and reaching not a stranger but someone who I'd rather avoid and don't even have their number in my book. Terrible connections with weird voice distortions, or sounds of large animals in the background – that aren't there. Even several odd single phone rings – in the middle of the night.
      Sheeeez, its enough to think that maybe there is something to this thing called Dios de Muerto.

October 21, 2014 at 2:21 pm |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

Of course the daemons are having a partying in my keyboard.
        Correctlon: it is dias de los muertos.

October 21, 2014 at 3:28 pm |
        • RC

Too funny!

October 21, 2014 at 3:36 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@weeds

I have just one thing to say about this....Give Squirrel a Whirl!! LOL

October 22, 2014 at 11:57 am |
    • TNT

Keep an eye on your pumpkins, squirrels are ripping mine apart. Little sh!ts...

October 21, 2014 at 4:58 pm |
      • RC @TNT

I had no idea that squirrels would get, well, squirrelly on pumpkins. I wonder what the attraction is.

October 22, 2014 at 10:14 am |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

last year I left 1 pumpkin whole on my steps. I discovered a squirrel had eaten a hole just big enough to crawl in it and had cleaned it out nicely.

October 22, 2014 at 11:51 am |
  11. You

really are someone I will never remember. Fade quickly, please.

October 20, 2014 at 10:20 pm |
  12. UR

posts are dumb and childish...at least try to be creative, original, or funny, just pick one.

October 20, 2014 at 3:59 pm |
  13. TNT

Monday morning, oh yay! My favorite day of the week...not.
    @JBJ, I was asking about your Mom. I understand what ya mean about getting tired, my Moms tired, too. Does your Mom play the slots?

@RC, Is that really an e-mail for you? The troll alert comment made me nervous. Lol! Oh yeah, (snickers) I do still have the locks. They are with that remote.

@DD, Got worked up for nothing, hate when that hap's. Lol!
    Good weekend?

October 20, 2014 at 9:45 am |
    • RC @TNT

Yup, it's me. Glad to see you still have the locks.
      And yeah, Monday suques. Good thing I only have to deal with it every other week.....this being one of 'em. *sigh*

October 20, 2014 at 10:22 am |
    • JBJingles@TNT

If you want to join us in an email group offline, give me a temporary email and then I'll send you a test email to get the real one...RH used to do this for us, but he has been a major slacker of late...just sayin'

October 20, 2014 at 12:15 pm |
    • JBJingles@TNT & Co.

Dang, these look good! My daughter posted on FB, might have to give them a try...

October 20, 2014 at 2:15 pm |
      • Beavis

Heh-heh. The recipe said "baller" Heh-heh.

October 20, 2014 at 2:45 pm |
      • TNT

Oh yum! Fun site! When I have more time, I will go back & look at it more. Thanks for that!
        I need to email RC, yet. Bare with me. 😃

October 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm |
  14. Turth

(Shuts off lights and locks door one last time)

Sighs deeply.

October 20, 2014 at 8:08 am |
  15. RichardHead

Good Luck Kitten and Sarah--Thanks for Everything.

October 19, 2014 at 5:12 pm |
    • JBJingles@RH

Dear Mr. Head,

You have email that has not been responded too and you know what that means? You will need to take a few lashings...AleeDD can take care of it for you. :)

Anyone seen JDizz? We have an email group going and trying to see if he wants to take part or is that partake?

Guess, they haven't figured out how to shut us down yet??

October 20, 2014 at 12:12 pm |
      • Digital Dom@Rich & JBJ

Maybe we're entertaining enough that they don't want to shut us down.

Lashings? It would be my ~_~ pleasure. C'mon down to the dungeon immediately for your badboy package of 10. For every minute you delay, one more will be added to your total. I wouldn't wait for more than 30 minutes if I were you.

October 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

RH has my email address. Would love to keep in touch with "the gang."

October 20, 2014 at 1:52 pm |
        • JBJingles@Ms Frammar

Alriiight then, as soon as he gets off his retired duff, I'm sure he will share with us....*tapping toes waiting patiently*

October 20, 2014 at 2:04 pm |

October 17, 2014 at 12:38 pm |
      • JBJingles@DD

Uh huh, do too. :p

October 17, 2014 at 1:15 pm |
  18. TNT

Happy Friday!
    Hmmmmm, where's RC? He likes to poke trolls. Lol!

October 17, 2014 at 9:26 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT and Co.

TGIF! Any plans for the weekend? I just got a new buffet/hutch for the kitchen, so looking for some of my more vintage-type kitchen stuff to display...first up is grams' circa 1950's salty and peppy shakers. :)

October 17, 2014 at 10:19 am |
      • RC @ JingleBells

I have My Grandmothers set of Desert Rose china. I add to it anytime I find a piece for sale. I remember it being displayed in Grandma's hutch when I was a kid. Some day It'll go to my daughter.

October 17, 2014 at 10:47 am |
      • TNT

Oh how fun! I have some things of my Gmas, too. Like RC, my girls will receive them later...much later I hope. Lol!
        No plans for the weekend. We're pretty sporadic people tho, anything is possible. 😃
        How is your Mom doing?

October 17, 2014 at 11:27 am |
      • JBJingles@TNT nRC

Not sure if the question on mom was to me, but she is OK, not very happy and skipping treatments here and there...it's sad because what she loves most is travel and she is not wanting to put in the effort to make that happen. I think at some point we all just get tire, but hoping her mood improves. I'm going to PHX on the 30th for some cheer up time and casino time, her 2nd favorite thing! :)

If you guys have email you want to share before we get closed down, there is a way to do it with a temporary one, then shut it down in case a troll or two takes notice...

October 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm |
        • RC

partsgenius@myway.com

October 17, 2014 at 2:19 pm |
        • JBJingles@RC

you've got mail...

October 17, 2014 at 8:35 pm |
        • RC at work @JingleBells

Cool! I'm at work, so no email here. I'll hit you back (in a nice way) when I get home.
          BTW. Looks like TNT still has the locks :)

October 18, 2014 at 10:30 am |
        • Digital Dom@RC

Wow. "Partsgenius?" Hmm ... oh crap. You worked in an auto parts store. Crap.

For a minute, I got so ... worked up ... ~_~

October 20, 2014 at 7:28 am |
        • RC @DD

I have that effect on people.........:)

October 20, 2014 at 10:26 am |
    • RC @TNT

Here I are!
      Poking trolls? Yeah, I'm there.
      I remember a few months ago, when you posted that you felt you were not not welcome in the Klatsch. I can't tell you how much I, and I'm sure the rest of the motley crew have enjoyed your "company". I wish "over there" wasn't so difficult to use, but I'll be there as much as I can.
      I really hope you find a brand of PB that sticks, "cuz I'll miss your cheerful banter.
      A special shout out to J Dizz-for some reason, you got me hooked on the Klatsch. A special kind of humor I guess.
      @ Digital Dom, AKA AleeD, you are a riot. And I mean that in a good way.
      @Turth. Always a voice of reason in a sea of madness.
      I know I've not mentioned all of you, like JBJ, RH, Weeds, Mary S. Oh, let's not forget the Queen Of Everything and things 1 through 3. Jerv, your there too.
      So to all of my fellow Klatschers, as far as this site goes.....Good bye old friends.........
      See ya on the other side.

October 17, 2014 at 10:38 am |
      • RC

Krap! I forgot the most important one of all. Thank you Kat for everything you've done for us. Thanks for putting up with us and our resident trolls. The Klatsch would never have survived without you.
        Good luck and best wishes on your new venture. Pop in once in a while "over there" so we can say hi.

October 17, 2014 at 11:19 am |
      • TNT

Awwww, thanks for saying that! I think ya made me blush...or it was a hot flash. Lol! (kidding)
        I'm really discouraged with "over there", but, I'll continue to try. I'll get some gorilla glue, that should be better than pb. Until then, the locks stay hidden! 😁

October 17, 2014 at 11:23 am |
        • RC @TNT

Gorilla Glue. I love it!
          They also make Gorilla Tape. Duct tape on steroids. That should work.

October 17, 2014 at 11:30 am |

It did work...WOOT!
          Jerv needs to try it.
          (hopefully they got the bugs worked out & everyone can go there) 😃

October 17, 2014 at 11:43 am |
  19. Digital Dom

Do me a small favor. Post an acronym. I'll start:

Tardis

[BTW, you will be graded and it will not be on a curve, so do your homework first.]

October 17, 2014 at 7:25 am |
    • Turth™

I've never seen Dr. Who...He is not in my plan.

October 17, 2014 at 9:33 am |
    • RC @ DD

WITTDTJR
      Good luck!

October 17, 2014 at 10:40 am |
      • Digital Dom@RC

Those were very nice things you said about the Klatschers. Unfortunately, I can't let that effect your grade: F.

An acronym is a word made up of letters of other words. What you posted is known in contemporary English as an "initialism." Old folks would call it an abbreviation. ;)

October 17, 2014 at 10:57 am |
        • RC @DD

Nope. Not buyin' it. Definitely an acronym.
          A perfect fit for the dungeon.
          What
          It
          Takes
          To
          Do
          The
          Job
          Right

October 17, 2014 at 11:25 am |
        • Digital Dom@RC

There's nothing to buy. If the letters do not spell a word, it's not an acronym. SCUBA, LASER, ASCII, SNAFU POTUS are all pronounceable words. FBI, FCC, POS, DOD, JFGI, don't qualify.

October 17, 2014 at 12:23 pm |
        • RC @DD

Ohhhh........I get it now. Didn't know it had to be pronounceable.
          Guess I had it fubared.
          It is actually Pronounceable. Witiger.

October 17, 2014 at 12:57 pm |
  20. Well

the Marquee Blog BM commenter is here. Dry out in the hot sun, troll.

October 16, 2014 at 8:08 pm |
    • It's

reality. Shrivel up and go away like a lousy lay. Troll.

October 17, 2014 at 6:13 pm |
    • It's

Peewee's Playhouse all over again. I know you are but what am I?

October 20, 2014 at 11:57 am |
    • I'm

Teflon, Baby!

October 20, 2014 at 12:19 pm |
  21. TNT

Good morning! @DD I posted a comment over there & it disappeared on my end, again. The weird thing is, I broke out the laptop & I can't find that at all. I can see the new Eatocracy, but, not the "lounge". (the one with the guys sitting up high on the beams) I say, "wth"? I even used new pb. Lol!

October 15, 2014 at 7:52 am |
    • Digital Dom

Maybe switch to Jif Extra Crunchy?

October 15, 2014 at 8:08 am |
  22. Listening

to some smooth jazz. Check it out.

October 14, 2014 at 7:30 am |

already listening to classic punk. take your smooth jazz and shove it.

October 14, 2014 at 9:19 am |
      • "Nice"

chatting with you troll. Have a happy life.

October 14, 2014 at 9:44 pm |
        • Are

you JBdingleberry-whatever, sans moniker? Your comment seems typical of that reknob's.

October 15, 2014 at 1:54 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Nope, wasn't me, I don't hide behind multiple handles like trolls do.

October 15, 2014 at 6:38 pm |
        • @JBJ

LM AO! Silly trolls fall for it every time.

October 16, 2014 at 6:53 am |
        • @JBJingiles

This new troll can't seem to get a handle on how to write a full sentence either. First word of the sentence is their moniker. Weird.

October 16, 2014 at 8:10 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@@JBJ

And what exactly is a reknob? Am I supposed to be offended by that? Not happenin'

October 16, 2014 at 8:25 am |
        • @ Hootenanny

UD sucks. Have a fantastic life. Troll.

October 16, 2014 at 8:01 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

doofus
          /ˈduːfəs/
          noun
          (informal, mainly US) a slow-witted or stupid person

October 17, 2014 at 10:15 am |
    • Make it Stop

Elevator Music
      All aboard... First stop, sub-basement of the "it all sounds the same" music department.

October 14, 2014 at 11:51 am |
  23. Turth™@KAT

Many congrats and I know that you will do great with this!

Will this table be in a Klatch type setting? (hint, hint...)

October 13, 2014 at 4:40 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Lisiin to your family... don't make us whisper in your head.
      Hey! Its Halloween. There's no spooks controlling me. I don't listen to none' o' that jive, radio.
      oh, hint hint.

October 14, 2014 at 1:58 pm |
  24. Kat Kinsman

Hey there! You may notice this hasn't shut down yet. Y'all have another week and then...I'm saying goodbye. A little more about that:

October 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm |
    • Random Troll

Kat, I will miss getting troll-slapped by you and the other editors, but I wish you the best on your new venture. Congrats!

October 13, 2014 at 12:54 pm |
    • Digital Dom @ Kat

Kudos on the new responsibility! Is this in addition to what you do at CNN or is this a new position?

October 13, 2014 at 1:05 pm |
    • TNT

Hi Kat! How's your "puppy"?
      Is this new one a blog or just some good reading material & info? I see it asks us to join. Is it necessary to join to participate? (it doesn't appear to be a CNN site)

October 13, 2014 at 1:34 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

Totally different entity than CNN. I'll be editor in chief of this puppy: http://www.tastingtable.com/index.htm

October 13, 2014 at 2:45 pm |
        • TNT

Oh wow! Congrats! You're not done with CNN tho, are you?
          Is your dog ok?

October 13, 2014 at 3:36 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Yup! Moving on from CNN. It's been home for a long time, but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

October 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm |
        • TNT

Sorry to see ya go, Kat. It's bittersweet for you, I'm sure. Gotta look out for #1, tho.
          I noticed when I saved the site, they use the same "egg timer" as Pillsbury...coincidence?
          I didn't get to "know" you like the rest, but, I do wish you well.

October 14, 2014 at 10:30 pm |
    • Shirely U. Jest

When you were talking about a change of format a month or so, was that a cryptic hint of your new place of employment? Well, you've certainly changed the the definition of "We're Going There".

Good for you and congratulations on your new employment.

Job well done here on all fronts. Thanks for everything, including keeping the Coffee Klatsch alive. I've come to enjoy the eclectic group of regulars here. That includes you too RH.

With Eatocracy having a million or so unique visitors each month it has been unique how friendly and active the regular group here at the Klatsch is and that is what has given this place a small town feeling. That's what made this place curious and special.

Best of Luck. I think Tasting Table is a wonderful place for you land, have fun!
      FLAMENON!

October 14, 2014 at 1:23 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Congratulations Kat! Good luck and take care.

October 15, 2014 at 6:48 pm |
  25. TNT

Howdy! How's everyone on this fine Monday? (fine, yeah right. Lol!)

October 13, 2014 at 11:59 am |
  26. Well

it was fun while it lasted. So long Klatcherz.

October 13, 2014 at 8:31 am |
    • Weller

That wasn't very deep.

October 13, 2014 at 9:46 am |
      • Wasn't

meant to be. Lighten up Nancy Pants.

October 13, 2014 at 5:34 pm |
        • Weller

Neither was mine, Priss Bucket. Lighten up yourself.

October 14, 2014 at 6:56 am |
        • Well

that was pretty funny : ) C'est la Vie. Later folks.

October 14, 2014 at 7:15 am |
  27. RC

Hot damn-it's Friday boys and girls! 3 day weekend on tap and Seahawks and Clownboys footyball, (sorry RH), some nekkid grillin' and halloween decorating.
    Anyone gotz cool weekend plans?

October 10, 2014 at 10:26 am |
    • Doozer

Working, working, working....

October 10, 2014 at 11:08 am |
      • RC

Aw man, that sucks. I get the 3 day every other week and work 6 days the other week.

October 10, 2014 at 11:52 am |
    • Digital Dom @ RC

Halloween decorating in the dungeon for us, too. LOVE this time of year. It's the only holiday that hubby & I can enjoy without having to pack suitcases and visiting family. It's just us .... and 58 million kids. ^_^

October 10, 2014 at 1:46 pm |
      • RC @DD

Yup. It's the wife's favorite holiday too. Lights and ghosts in the trees, blow-ups on the lawn, house completely decorated. even gotz costumes for the dogs.

October 10, 2014 at 2:01 pm |
        • TNT

Halloween is my all time favorite! I deco the yard & all that jazz, too. I plan on carving some pumpkins this weekend & using a gift card for a local pub. Hmmmm, caramel apple martini? Yes, I think so! 😃

October 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm |
    • RichardHead@RC & Mary Shannon

Nothing to be sorry about RC…just let me say this….'HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS ?? Eli's next…:)))))

October 13, 2014 at 8:32 am |
      • RC @RichardHead

Yeah....crow is a dish best served cold.
        Your boys played a great game. the Hawks? Not so much.
        Ah well. There's always next week! Look out Rams.

October 14, 2014 at 10:19 am |
  28. RC @ QOD

So......I know some of you collect cook books. What other food related items do y'all collect?
    While not exactly food related, for me it's martini glasses. I have over 50 of them. And yes-I use 'em :)

October 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

I don't mean to collect them, but there they are, knives, old and new (love good steel), cutting boards with character (the right tool for the job) and old used hand carved wooden serving bowls.

October 9, 2014 at 1:26 pm |
    • Digital Dom @ QOD

Shot glasses.

October 9, 2014 at 2:44 pm |
      • RC

Yup. I have a ridiculous number of those too.

October 9, 2014 at 3:09 pm |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

Hod Tamn, party at RC's
          I want the perfect martini.

October 9, 2014 at 4:47 pm |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

Better still,
          Shots at Digital Dom's. Can you "whip" me up a slippery ni pple?

October 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

We all know you meant whip out, not up. ~_~

October 10, 2014 at 7:04 am |
        • Digital Dom @ Dang

That should have been @ Weeds, not TNT.

Note to self: posting comments pre-coffee is wrong ... very, very wrong.

October 10, 2014 at 7:05 am |
        • RC @DD

We all know the Digital Dom is never wrong............

October 10, 2014 at 10:17 am |
    • TNT

Have Ya ever had a caramel apple martini? Just like dessert!
      I have a couple gallon sized zip lock bags full of recipes that people wrote down for me. Ya know, you go to some gathering & there's that 1 thing that was so good, Ya had to have the recipe? Funny thing is, I can always find the one I'm looking for. Lol!
      I, also, collect shot glasses. They're only from places I've been, like on vaca or a road trip of some kind.

October 9, 2014 at 2:59 pm |
      • RC

I pretty much stick to the classic "very" dry Gin martini. I have a lot of Lolita martini glasses though, so every once in a while I'll try one of their recipes.

October 9, 2014 at 3:12 pm |
        • TNT

Lolita's? Cha Ching! Those are nice ones!

October 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm |
      • Digital Dom @ TNT

I too collect them as souvenirs from places I've been. However, I have one from someone who "picked one up for" me on HIS trip. o_0? Nice of him, but not the point. I'm not collecting them to increase inventory – they're keepsakes for the memories.

My sister tried to collect tea cups at the same time I was trying to collect coffee cups. "Trying" meaning we both made the mistake of telling our family that we were collecting. They "helped" by getting more for us for birthdays & Christmas presents. Thanks but, again, not the point.

October 9, 2014 at 3:41 pm |
        • TNT

Thank you! I feel the same way about mine. My daughters each got me one with my name on it from diff trips THEY (lol) took. I explained quickly that's not what I was collecting...they stopped. The ones with the names on it are on the bar & the keepsakes are on a shelf behind the bar. It's all good. 😃

October 9, 2014 at 5:00 pm |
  29. TNT

Good morning all! Question...
    I recieved a new Sony, for my car, for my bday. Bluetooth & all, am I cool now? Lol, that's not the question. My question is...why does it come with a remote? The stereo is right in front of me. Isnt it easier to just push a button on the face of it? Thoughts?

October 9, 2014 at 8:42 am |
    • Jerv

Maybe it is for folks in the back seat?

October 9, 2014 at 9:22 am |

HA! I dare them...
        Where have ya been?
        Now going to RC 👣👣👣👣👣

October 9, 2014 at 10:36 am |
      • Digital Dom @ Jerv

Or for the guy in the trunk. Sh-h-h-h.

October 9, 2014 at 12:02 pm |

Lol!

October 9, 2014 at 3:00 pm |
    • RC @ TNT

I think the reasoning behind the remote is, you don't have to take your eyes off the road to adjust the stereo. That is, of course, after you memorize all the buttons on the remote. Then there's batteries, and where the hell did I put the remote......
      I guess that's why most newer cars have the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

October 9, 2014 at 10:18 am |
      • TNT

That's it, the remote is going with the lounge locks. Lol!
        As for the newer cars, I'll never know... lol!

October 9, 2014 at 10:40 am |
  30. TNT

RC, haven't heard about a solar eclipse, but, that could be. Lmk if ya hear & I will do the same. Oh, & I did use creamy pb. 😆
    DD, That was the only comment I made over there today & it's gone on my end...? Do ya think Kat is messing with me cuz I hid the locks? Lol!

October 8, 2014 at 3:49 pm |
    • RC @ TNT

Geez, was I off. Looks like the next total solar eclipse we'll see is Aug. 21st 2017.
      My bad......

October 8, 2014 at 6:43 pm |
      • TNT

Lol! You weren't off by too much.
        The next 2 lunar eclipses will be April 4th & September 28th. Hope the weather cooperates for ya.

October 9, 2014 at 8:36 am |
  31. TNT

Good Wednesday morning! No wait, humpy hap day! lol
    Did anyone see the lunar eclipse/blood moon this morning?

October 8, 2014 at 7:33 am |
    • RC @TNT

No, dammit! I was all puckered up for it, then the weather went to sh!t. I even got up around 3am, but the fog was so thick I almost couldn't see across the street. The worst part was I couldn't get back to sleep. It's gonna be a long day......
      What aboutchoo?

October 8, 2014 at 10:11 am |
      • TNT

Awww man, RC...bummer! I did see it. Woke up & saw part of the eclipse, went back to bed, & when I had to be up, I saw the blood moon. Call me weird, I like that stuff. Lol!
        I think it's supposed to hap again in April.
        Btw, I can't comment "over there", evidently my peanut butter quit working. sigh

October 8, 2014 at 10:43 am |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

A comment you posted 3 hours ago seems to have stuck. Wassupwiddat?

October 8, 2014 at 10:48 am |
        • TNT

Really DD? It disappeared & reappeared then. It vanished after I posted it. So weird...

October 8, 2014 at 10:52 am |
        • TNT

DD, I just went "there" & I don't see it...wth?

October 8, 2014 at 10:55 am |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

The post starting with Hi Mary S? I see it. Was there another one?

October 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
        • RC @TNT

Well, that stuff dries out after awhile. Maybe creamy instead of chunky?

October 8, 2014 at 12:54 pm |
        • RC @TNT

Oh-and I'm glad you got to see the eclipse. I like that kind of thing too. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in April. I think there's supposed to be a solar eclipse sometime later this year?

October 8, 2014 at 12:57 pm |
        • RC @Bonnie Tyler

Well played.........

October 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm |

Lol @ Bonnie Tyler!

October 8, 2014 at 3:50 pm |
  32. TNT

Happy tootsday all! Over the weekend, we stopped at an orchard. They had a bakery with many different kinds of donuts. Bringing trays of fresh donuts out, non-stop. I kept hearing people in the line in front of me saying they wanted a dozen maple bacon donuts...huh, bacon on a donut? Well, like many, I love bacon. I had to try one & it was delicious! It had a hint of maple flavor in the iceing & freshly fried bacon cut into small pieces on top. Sounded so weird to me, but, I get why people were buying them by the dozens! (& I only got one to try...sigh)

October 7, 2014 at 6:59 am |
    • Digital Dom @ TNT

I'd eat that! There's nothing that can't be improved with bacon: donuts; salad; filet. It would probably give an octane boost to gasoline. ;) The only thing better than bacon? Bacon-wrapped bacon!

Nice to see you're still here, T. Nice to see we can post comments here, too. What's your take on this D!ckus change?

October 7, 2014 at 7:06 am |
      • TNT

Hey! D!ckus? Idk, can't comment on all the stories, no comment section. The layout is very diff & I'm not too sure I like it. I'm on a phone so maybe that's why. I should check on laptop sometime...when life isn't so busy. Been house shopping & that in its self is time consuming. (on top of life in gen) Plus, too many are having a hard time posting over there. I think I'll just keep the locks hidden. Lol! I hear Ya have some good hiding spots in the dungeon. 😉
        Bacon wrapped bacon, too funny!

October 7, 2014 at 7:15 am |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

Best of luck shopping for a casa. That is definitely a time-consuming task. Fortunately, it's a buyers market with people bailing out of houses they shouldn't have been approved for in the first place. I know you'll find the right one soon.

No commenting sounds like CNN's on the way to becoming a strictly news medium with none of that social aftertaste. Bitter? Me? Nah. Just very, very sad to see it all go.

October 7, 2014 at 7:29 am |
        • TNT

The house shopping is for my daughter, her hubs, & kids. They just sold their house & want to be in a diff school district. After going to many houses, the prices they want, the work they needed, it was getting very discouraging. So last night we went to a model home & well, fell in love with it! They sign papers to build Wednesday! The best part, they will still be close to me!
          Can you comment "over there"? Not the new lounge, but, the stories.

October 7, 2014 at 7:58 am |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

Yes, on some of them. They stay open for a short time, then get closed off from commenting. Maybe after CNN is sold, things will change. Fingers crossed.

October 7, 2014 at 9:45 am |
      • RC @ Digital Dom & TNT

Hi youse two. Well, you both know how I feel about Disqust. I can't do anything but look from work, so I'm glad we can still post here. Who knows how long it'll last though.
        On another note, Wa. just voted to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day. What do think of that?

October 7, 2014 at 10:17 am |
        • Digital Dom @ RC & TNT

I think you shouldn't wish someone well on that day with a mouth full of food.

October 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm |
        • RC @ Digital Dom

It's a mouthfull all right.........

October 7, 2014 at 4:57 pm |
  33. Why

don't they just close the comments section and be done with it?

October 6, 2014 at 9:26 am |
    • Thinking things through

Looks like we can comment on Paula Deen (been there, done that); or on diet soda. How about something interesting?

October 6, 2014 at 7:39 pm |
      • TNT

I don't even see those 2...? Where are they?

October 7, 2014 at 7:26 am |
        • Digital Dom @ TNT

On this page, click on the "go there" link above the list of "recent comments." It takes you to the new main page for Eatocracy. The links for the two stories are both under "fresh food news." The one headline uses the phrase "diet soda, " not diet coke.

October 7, 2014 at 7:51 am |
        • TNT

Thanks DD, I'll check it out.

October 7, 2014 at 7:59 am |
        • TNT

No luck DD. I can go there. 1st story is "fresh punch". No fresh food news or diet soda story. I need to break out laptop & try that way I guess. Which sux cuz I very seldom use it. My phone goes everywhere with me, not the laptop. sigh

October 7, 2014 at 8:19 am |
        • TNT

Correction...not fresh punch, in praise of punch. I'm still trying to figure it out. Lol! Need to get motoring, tho. I'll try on laptop later. Good day to ya!

October 7, 2014 at 8:34 am |
  34. RC

It's National Taco Day!
    Damn I love tacos.........

October 4, 2014 at 7:52 pm |

Mmmmmm, tacos...
      (no I didn't gurgle & drool like HomerSimpson. Lol!)

October 7, 2014 at 7:06 am |
    • Oh yeah

I had tacos last night. Awesome.

October 7, 2014 at 8:23 am |