Coffee klatsch
July 21st, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. Thinking things through

Okay, where do I find the Coffee klatsch on the new site? It was always hard enough to find it here - I simply relied on seeing the Recent Posts to find this thread, and often it wasn't listed on Recent Posts. Not going to be the case over there, as there are no Recent Posts listed.

I DID finally manage to get DISGUST (DISQUS) to stop sending my posts to my FB account (totally irrelevant and without context in my FB account!) Posted a couple things to test the waters; this all seems to be working for me. But I'd like to know where to find things like Coffee klatsch there.

Thanks in advance, Kat. You do do a tremendous job here.

August 8, 2014 at 7:54 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

There is a link on the new site that says "Chat with us," but you can also bookmark this: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/living/eatocracy-coffee-klatsch/

Boop.

August 11, 2014 at 3:55 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Thanks for that tip! It helps a lot, but still hard to navigate...some posts bring us back to the old site, some stay in the new one, and no recent comments are a bummer, hard to see where the 'action' is if you know what I mean. Still grateful that you kept the CK though...hugs.

August 12, 2014 at 8:57 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Ttt

I agree, it doesn't look like we are listed anywhere "over there", and with no recent comments section, and no listing of recent posts (stories), I'm finding it hard to embrace the new section...and it seems others are as well based on the lack of activity (at least that we can see)...sometimes change is good, but the jury is still out on this one for my anyway.

August 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™-Food Movies

With a new food movie coming to theaters near you today, thought I would ask the QOD, what's your favorite food movie(s)? I liked Julie and Julia, and was intrigued by Its Complicated...there was another based on a old farm house in Italy I think just can't remember the name. TGIF

August 8, 2014 at 8:50 am |
    • Dick Longwood@JBJ

I think you might mean "Under The Tuscan Sun"...my SO at the time loved it, but as a guy, I found it downright insufferable.

August 8, 2014 at 9:37 am |
      • WOD for the QOD

in·suf·fer·a·ble
        inˈsəf(ə)rəbəl/
        adjective
        too extreme to bear; intolerable.
        "the heat would be insufferable by July"
        synonyms: intolerable, unbearable, unendurable, insupportable, unacceptable, oppressive, overwhelming, overpowering;
        informal-too much
        "the heat was insufferable"
        antonyms: bearable
        having or showing unbearable arrogance or conceit. "an insufferable bully"
        synonyms: conceited, arrogant, boastful, c0cky, c0cksure, full of oneself, self-important, swaggering

August 8, 2014 at 10:11 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@DL

YES, that is the one! Under the Tuscan Sun...I think most of the food movies are considered "chick flicks" by the male species, soon-to-be-ex-hubs hated them all...

I think I will search for these and DVR them, food movie marathon!

August 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm |
    • RC

I don't know about my favorite, but Eat Drink Man Woman has to be the worst ever. Definitely looking forward to The Hundred Foot Journey though.

August 8, 2014 at 10:29 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RC

Me too! Will wait until it hits cable though. I saw Julie and Julia for the first time on a flight home from Paris years ago, I immediately began my obsession with all things French cooking and Julia Childs...

I'm having my first visitor at the new place Sunday and planning a French themed lunch for us, Croque Monsieur anyone?

August 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm |
        • RC @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I love Gruyère! And who doesn't like a grilled ham and cheese sandwich?

August 8, 2014 at 3:34 pm |
    • sherman

Hi, its a little off topic but I can't seem to find anyone that knows why this is occurring. Disqus disappeared from my cnn, not abc, not Al J, not the local paper, but only cnn. I can't comment, its not that I posted bad things... I am opposed to 96% of what cnn is for – but you know, that would be just cruel mean and a freedom of speech slap with a wet fish. I have been targeted before by one particular troll, she even called my ex job in 2011 and tried to get me fired, I said it was off topic. and yes she's a paid us gov troll... but her rights on the boards should not trump mine for all of that. – anyway I appeal to whomever I have to – I want to be reinstated. whatever it was I didn't do it.

August 28, 2014 at 3:48 am |
      • There's a Troll in Patroll

Yeah, pointing anything out to a troll is still feeding. Why abet their need for attention?

August 28, 2014 at 9:50 am |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Ah, that's better, got my name back. Happy youknowwhat Day.

Contractor came out yesterday to fix the dishwasher (no water going to it), simple valve thing, but I couldn't figure it out. However, I am becoming quite the handyman extraordinaire...replaced both the shower heads in the bathrooms, I know not a big deal, but I've never done it before, and the one in the master is the hand held one with metal hose and 5 spray options, installed this morning before shower, and it is mahvalous.

August 6, 2014 at 11:08 am |
    • AleeD® @ JBHandyperson

Doesn't matter who thinks it's a little thing. It's a big deal if you've never done it before. Good job!

August 6, 2014 at 11:59 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Yep, and I replaced the terlit seats too, much better when brand new shiny terlits... Now if I can just figure out how to get the caps on the new curved shower curtain in the guest bath...

August 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Shower caps? :) Maybe I can help. What kind of caps?

August 6, 2014 at 12:58 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Easy to put up and apply the tension, but the caps at the ends are supposed to 'snap' on but have an angle to them...I have the rod positioned according to instructions with the holes facing down...

August 6, 2014 at 1:26 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Are you talking about the holes for the set screws? 'Cuz the holes where the rod goes are shown pointing up.

August 6, 2014 at 1:43 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

No screws for this one...the holes are in the middle of the rod itself to adjust length with a little pop up piece to stop when it gets to the length desired (~_~), instructions say those holes go down, I made sure the ends (with the caps) were facing the right direction. I may try to adjust again tonight and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

August 6, 2014 at 2:09 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Just read one review..."The covers were challenging but they finally clicked in." Good, it's not just me! :))

August 6, 2014 at 2:12 pm |
  4. AleeD® @ Kat

FWIW, posted on the new site, shared, nada.

August 6, 2014 at 7:01 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Walk me through it. Shared what and where?

August 6, 2014 at 9:20 am |
      • AleeD® @ Kat

Ok. Here's hoping I'm simply leaving out a step and it will just out at you. ;)

Left comment on the new site, clicked on share and the little double diamond symbol, comment was marked "shared' with a yellow line on the left side of the comment. When I went back a few hours later to see what happened, that comment, like the rest I've posted, was gone.

To verify what I did, I when thru the same thing today – right before clicking "post" here. The comment on the new site says, "testing shared comment."

August 6, 2014 at 9:40 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

Juuuuust making sure - on the Klatsch post there? Gonna go check.

FYI, David is out until Monday, so some glitches may have to wait until then, but I thank you for your patience.

August 6, 2014 at 10:16 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

Right here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/living/eatocracy-coffee-klatsch/index.html#comment-1530048806

August 6, 2014 at 10:19 am |
        • AleeD® @ Kat

Yup. Specifically on ...

No worries. When troubleshooting, it's safest to as sume nothing.

August 6, 2014 at 10:28 am |
        • AleeD® @ Kat

Yes to your post with the path, too.

August 6, 2014 at 10:29 am |
        • AleeD® @ Nick Burns

It's definitely the squidgy bit on the keyboard.

August 6, 2014 at 4:04 pm |
    • JBJ@AleeD

FYI – Mine says "post as JBJingles" on the button...and it seems to be working.

August 6, 2014 at 10:58 am |
      • AleeD® @ JBJ

Mine says "post as AleeD®" and it doesn't.

August 6, 2014 at 11:57 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Hmmm, did you try removing the ® ??

August 6, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Yup. No change.

August 6, 2014 at 12:56 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Well lookee there. Maybe it made a difference when Kat & Co removed ®. No biggie. I think I'll survive not being registered anymore.

August 6, 2014 at 1:21 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

All working now, yah?

August 6, 2014 at 4:57 pm |
  5. JBJ_Thought of the Day

Handle Every stressful Situation like a Dog.
    If you can't eat it or play with It,
    Just pee on it and walk away.

August 5, 2014 at 11:41 am |
    • TNT

Oh hey! I was just asking about your Mom. We must have been typing at the same time. Lol!
      How's mom?
      I completely agree with what ya said, too! 😆

August 5, 2014 at 11:46 am |
    • RC

Hah! I have a card with that saying on my fridge (also has "hump it" in there).

August 5, 2014 at 11:51 am |
    • JBJ@TNT

Talked to mama bear yesterday, and she is doing FANTASTIC!! Rehab peeps say there is not much more she needs and could go home really soon, still has the dialysis M-W-F, so she was thinking maybe Saturday home...but I think sooner.

Thanks for asking, it was a rocky road (nod to ice cream).

August 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm |
      • TNT

Awe, going home, that's great! Does she have to drive to dialysis or does it come to her? I told ya my old neighbor did it at home twice a day, right? She's been doing it at home for over a year now. Everything she needs is delivered to her. I just can't imagine. 😔

August 5, 2014 at 1:23 pm |
        • JBJ@TNT

Right now she will go there, they haven't discussed the at home option with her yet...

August 5, 2014 at 4:17 pm |
        • TNT

JBJ, We never know what life will hand us. Sounds like your mom is pretty tough & can handle most anything. (that's where you get it from!) Sorry she has to do this, just doesn't seem fair.

August 6, 2014 at 7:07 pm |
  6. AleeD®

BSOD right off the bat this morning, coupled with 2 people pulling out in front of me on the way to work. Spectacular. If anybody needs me, I'll be in the dungeon ... enthusiastically "maintaining" the equipment.

August 5, 2014 at 7:05 am |
    • Mary Shannon

The BS must be everywhere, I got up early for an early conf call and no one showed. Arrghh.

August 5, 2014 at 7:39 am |
      • AleeD® @ Mary S

Frustrating indeed. Watch for inbound email.

August 5, 2014 at 7:55 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Duck.....its headed back your way!

August 5, 2014 at 8:34 am |
    • TNT

It's amazing how many people are allowed to have a drivers license, who probably shouldn't. Scary on the roads these days!
      So, have I missed anything? I've been mia cuz my BFF was in town. We were busy shopping, visiting, eating great food, hitting the beach, & just having a good time. Much needed! 😃
      Any more news on JBJ's mom?

August 5, 2014 at 11:44 am |
    • RC @AleeD®

Big
      Sack
      Of
      Diamonds?

August 5, 2014 at 11:58 am |
      • AleeD® @ RC

Ohgodifonly. ;) I certainly like the way you think.

Blue
        Screen
        Of
        Death

August 5, 2014 at 12:03 pm |
        • RC @AleeD®

Ah.

August 5, 2014 at 1:24 pm |
  7. Mary Shannon

Yay, the Giants pulled it off and won!! Good morning, everyone.

August 4, 2014 at 9:49 am |
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

Not much of a game and Buffalo kept pulling Mannings pantaloons down along the sidelines. Dallas is coming--:))

August 4, 2014 at 11:26 am |
  8. AleeD®

Good morning Klatschers. We had a hot, wet, sleepless weekend. ~_~ How was yours? Did you, Rich or JB do any grilling this weekend? I hear charcoal grilling is all the rage these days. :)

August 4, 2014 at 7:21 am |
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Sooo,late yesterday JBJ asked my recommendation on a Gas ( shudder ) grill…….Blasphemy says Hank Hill-–so she's going to use Pro Pane. Now everyone should be Happy. Grilled some cheeseburgers and sausages for the Ladies on Saturday. Still trying to get on the New Site….again. Sigh-

August 4, 2014 at 11:22 am |
      • AleeD® @ RichBro

Did you tell her that you have to eat alot of beans to light up a gas grill?
        Methinks the new site was put on hold 'til Madame Kat returned. Maybe she found a skeleton key in Vegas. I hear there are tons of peoples' skeletons out there – of one type or another.

August 4, 2014 at 12:17 pm |
      • JBJ@RH & AleeD

Yeah, but did you tell her what a badazz grill it is!??

Check out the rivets on this baby!

August 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm |
  9. Persona Non Grata® @ The Editors

Can anyone tell me why my posts won't stay posted on the new site?

August 1, 2014 at 9:34 am |
    • Sir Biddle

The new site is unfortunately going to turn some of the Klatchers away with access restrictions. My days are likely numbered as to being able to comment/have access.

August 1, 2014 at 11:08 am |
      • RC

I'm afraid I'm right there with you.....

August 1, 2014 at 11:12 am |
        • Jerv

Me to. Good thing it is football season.

August 1, 2014 at 11:20 am |
      • Persona Non Grata® @ Personae Non Gratae

Maybe when Kat gets back from vacation, things will be addressed. Some of the Klatschers' disappearances would make her sad.

August 1, 2014 at 12:42 pm |
        • RichardHead

Where's my Hammer–Me Fixy !!

August 1, 2014 at 1:08 pm |
        • Clevon Little

Stand BACK while I whip it out…...

August 1, 2014 at 1:13 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

*Crowd gasps

I need to watch that again soon

August 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm |
      • ∞ weeds ∞

disqus is that creepy man that follows you everywhere. He watches your viewing and purchases from Amazon, ebay and most other places. He follows you to your banking website and facebook. All the time he is taking notes. Disqus is a private eye for private eyes.

I have a proxy server that makes me appear in one place no matter where I am. I have multiple browsers, some used for specific purposes. One is great to quickly configure what whatever privacy I want. But still, I don't do Disqus, it is plain nasty as far as spyware goes.

Thus I not only will not be posting, I will not even view comments. farewell.
        PS every post I make about disqus has been deleted. I'll be surprised if this one isn't.

August 1, 2014 at 4:08 pm |
        • ∞ weeds ∞

wow, that got through!

August 1, 2014 at 4:09 pm |
        • RC

Aw crap! Why can't something just work without all the bullsh!t.

August 1, 2014 at 6:52 pm |
        • AleeD from home sweet home

That's why I created this persona for posting online. I suppose the right hacker can get thru anything, but I feel better about posting here. What's the harm in discus following you, weeds? I'm sure the are any number of programs that collect data on all of us. Is it a matter of dealing with the devil you know?

August 2, 2014 at 2:58 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Hrm. What an odd thing. Growing pains happen and I was out all last week and not looking at issues. Taking a peek.

August 4, 2014 at 12:30 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Kat

I've left 4 messages on the new site and none of them have stuck. Can you see that, Kat, or am I whining in the wind?

August 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm |
        • RichardHead@KAT

A belated Happy BIRTHDAY O Fearless Leader. I too cannot post on the new site-Gotz moderated by Dingus.

August 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

Dingus, eh? Funny I was thinking about dropping the "esses" and adding a specially placed "k" & a hyphen. >:-p

How's tings whichoo?

August 5, 2014 at 7:02 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

Can you try a test one now and share the link to it? I'll have David take a look.

August 5, 2014 at 9:12 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Howdy! I'm freshly back from vacation. Will look into it this morning. Made it a priority *not* to think about work last week, and I'm sure y'all understand.

August 4, 2014 at 9:17 am |
      • AleeD® @ Kat

Of course. That's what vacations are for. Thanks for checking into this.

August 4, 2014 at 9:38 am |
  10. Mary Shannon

Oh yeah, forgot to mention....FOOTBALL starts this weekend!!! My Giants are playing the Hall of Fame game in Canton, Sunday night. GO GIANTS!!!

August 1, 2014 at 8:59 am |
    • Tom Landry

Traveling all that way,just to lose.

August 1, 2014 at 1:18 pm |
  11. RichardHead

Hey Kidz, What day is it ?? I'll wait…..It's too damn early !! It's Friday-–YAY !!

August 1, 2014 at 6:04 am |
    • AleeD® @ RichBro

Yo Bro! Wasabi. Got any nekkid grillin plans for this weakend?

August 1, 2014 at 6:39 am |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

It's gonna be raining till Sunday–:(. Gotta get Sweet Pea used to Naked Grilling so she's NOT nipping at the sausage,if 'ya know what I mean. Tried logging into the new site but it won't accept me today…..I'm still in ModBotz jail :))

August 1, 2014 at 6:49 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

MBJail? Peeshaw. I tried to post over there this morning. After rebooting, the Discus (Disco?) big wheel keeps spinnin' around. I think it's confused.

Sweet Pea? Is there a new lady in your life? ;) You may have to invest in one of the Klatschers' Catalog's woolen banana hammocks 'til you get her trained. I recommend Pink camo to get her used to the color.

August 1, 2014 at 8:05 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Happy Friday to you, too! You know puppies will play with anything that moves, right?? :-)

Its going to be rainy here for the next few days, too, and humid. Gotta put the a/c back on. Oh well, it is summer, after all.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

August 1, 2014 at 8:55 am |
  12. Can you believe this?

"Kim Kardashian is famous for doing nothing. Now she's got a game that's pulling in $700,000 a day where players have to do, well, nothing."

July 31, 2014 at 1:48 pm |
    • Ray J

Oh, I wouldn't call what Kim did as exactly nothing...youknowwhatimsayin?

July 31, 2014 at 5:52 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Sure do. Champ. And so was Paris

August 2, 2014 at 7:30 pm |
  13. RC

Well, I can at least access the new site and see the comments. I can't access my e-mail from work though, so I can't verify my e-mail yet. "sigh"....

July 31, 2014 at 11:26 am |
  14. AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Hey Sunshine! How's your mom doing?

July 31, 2014 at 7:55 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I tried calling over there yesterday to talk to her but no luck getting her...they took her for dialysis again, so that's 4+ hours then I had meetings all afternoon???I am home today for a bunch of deliveries! groceries! and Home Depot stop so hopefully I can catch her this morning. Auntie has been over there, says it looks like a 5star resort!

Thanks for asking!

July 31, 2014 at 9:40 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Auto correct is not my friend...I guess it thinks I need many !!! To make a statement... o.O

July 31, 2014 at 9:42 am |
  15. Meg Ryan @ RichBro & MaryS

You've got mail.

July 31, 2014 at 7:47 am |
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Just got moderated on the new site for the first time…..HA--still laughing.

July 31, 2014 at 8:03 am |
      • AleeD® @ RichBro

Ditto. The operator has me "on CNN hold." How is that any different than posting here?

July 31, 2014 at 8:13 am |
        • RichardHead@My 'Sista

At least they are holding you-–Mine is the standard " hold on a minute ". Guess you can't use Joe C0cker,Bad Azz and Trans T in one sentence. ::((

July 31, 2014 at 8:21 am |
  16. Confused AleeD® @ The Editors

Any ides why my comments aren't sticking on the new site? D!ck Longwood posted this morning, but I can't.

July 30, 2014 at 11:00 am |
    • Sir Biddle

They brought in consultants. We're getting downsized.

July 30, 2014 at 11:47 am |
      • Peter Gibbons

Not now Lundberg, I have a meeting with the Bobs.

My condolences...

July 30, 2014 at 12:54 pm |
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Change your name to AleeDicklePickle ? I posted to Kat with no problem…..Once you got MAC ProYou never go back.

July 30, 2014 at 12:14 pm |
  17. AleeD®

None of the comments on the new site are sticking. Must be Teflon coated.

July 30, 2014 at 7:41 am |
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Of course NOT-CNN is part of the OMG…Obama Media Group. Nothing will stick…It's ALWAYS somebody else's fault. Joe Biden is the IT Manager. :))

July 30, 2014 at 7:46 am |
      • AleeD® @ RichBro

Wow. Hitting the political punching bag early. ;) Who or what got you all sparked up this early in the day?

July 30, 2014 at 7:56 am |
        • RichardHead@My 'Sista

2 KnuckleHeads and a Nancy Pelosi NIGHTMARE…..scared the Shiite out of me. :)) How's things in Floridork ??

July 30, 2014 at 8:01 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

What have they done now? My apologies for not keeping up with the 'Crats these days. We've been focused figgerin out how hubby can retire (eventually) without us having to move into an official state lightening attractor. Plus 2 of his seestors want to come down to visit the dungeon. A dom's work is never done.

July 30, 2014 at 8:09 am |
        • RichardHead@My 'Sista

WD's toys are scattered all over the house and they Party like ANIMALS all night long…Sigh.

July 30, 2014 at 9:34 am |

)))))))hugs(((((((

July 30, 2014 at 9:52 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Thanks, Obama.

July 30, 2014 at 1:42 pm |
    • TNT

Good morning! Is there anything else to that new site? More stories to read & comment on? (like here) I only see the new one we've been posting on. Maybe it's cuz I'm on my phone?

July 30, 2014 at 7:53 am |
      • AleeD® @ TNT

Probably, but I'm no authority on accessing Discus. I tried this past weekend to access Eatocracy on hubby's iPhone and couldn't see the "recent comments" list. Different accessing software = different formatting. I hope you and RC find a way to stay with us. I would miss you guys.

July 30, 2014 at 8:01 am |
        • AleeD® @ ModBotz

OhforChristsSake! What am I being moderated for?

July 30, 2014 at 8:11 am |
        • WWJD

Your wafers have NOT been toasted properly and Mad Dog 2020 is unacceptable during communion.

July 30, 2014 at 8:22 am |
        • AleeD® @ WWJD

This is what Jdizz would do?

July 30, 2014 at 9:10 am |
  18. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Found out last night that mama bear is going to a PT rehab place today (her birthday) for about a week to get some strength back, then home! Yay. Dialysis will continue for now 3x week.

July 29, 2014 at 8:48 am |
    • RichardHead

Happy Birthday Mom…..Why yes,I'll have a piece of that chocolate cake.

July 29, 2014 at 9:11 am |
    • TNT

I'm so glad to hear she's out of hospital! However, I'm sorry about the dialysis. What a hassle for her. 😔
      Happy bday to her, tho! 🎈

July 30, 2014 at 8:05 am |
  19. Sir Biddle

Testing: One. Two. Three?

July 29, 2014 at 8:46 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Sir B

Floor...welcome back!

July 29, 2014 at 8:50 am |
      • Sir Biddle

I finally got through and can post. I guess the monsters in the machine are making some changes around here. Looks like the Klatch may be marginalized on the new site but appears Kat is trying to work out something.

Hope everyone has been having a good summer.

July 29, 2014 at 8:54 am |
        • Carlos Danger

Get off your gas and GRILL……and don't beat your meat.

July 29, 2014 at 9:13 am |
        • Jerv@Carlos Danger

That siht was funny! Good to see ya SirB.

July 29, 2014 at 9:58 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Jerv

I'll be headed through your neck of the woods on the way to a week at the beach starting this Sunday. I'll honk the whole way through town for you. Listen around 8:00am!

July 29, 2014 at 10:43 am |
  20. Mary Shannon

Good morning, reading all of your new comments helped me to turn this conference call into background noise. Ha.

Beeotyful weather here this morning, high 50's, very low humidity, nice breeze. Its supposed to be like this for the rest of the week, in all, its been a fairly mild summer here, lots of humidity breaks. Anything new in your neighborhoods?

July 29, 2014 at 8:24 am |
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

It's hot and humid as Hades,the grass is growing,the knuckleHeads are chasing their tails and everything is '"cool " in my Hood. How 'ya feeling ??

July 29, 2014 at 8:34 am |
    • AleeD® @ MaryS

Humid, 50% chance of rain – and NO vampires today. Dang things snake bit me twice yesterday just to fill 4 vials. Sheesh.

Were you ill? What did I miss?

July 29, 2014 at 8:48 am |
      • Mary Shannon

I've had my own vampire experiences lately too. Email to follow.

July 29, 2014 at 9:23 am |
  21. TNT

Ok, I'm not liking the new one. I posted over there with questions & my comment is gone & now there's something about weight loss. It looks like I put that there & I did NOT! Wth is going on?

July 29, 2014 at 7:57 am |
  22. TNT

@RichardHead, Where do you see that Dukes mayo story? I only see the new one that we have posted on, nothing else...? I think I like it better here. I guess I'm a creature of habit & change isn't always so good for me. Lol!

July 29, 2014 at 7:49 am |
    • RichardHead@TNT

Look to the right of this page,scroll up and --OOOOps,you already found it. Yep,plenty of prob'S on the "new " page. Still waiting on the "new " announcement,LIVE from Lost Wages. :))

July 29, 2014 at 8:04 am |
      • TNT

Hey! I found the new one, but, that's all I see is the one I posted on. There's nothing else. (We have other things to read here & nothing else on new one for me)
        Then my comment disappeared & someone put a comment about weight loss in it's place. 😡

July 29, 2014 at 8:14 am |
        • TNT

The only reason I found the new one is from Kat giving us the link yesterday morning.

July 29, 2014 at 8:17 am |
        • CNN ModBots@TNT

We are extremely busy at this time-Blogs are sooooo Yesterday. Perhaps we can get to your problem in a week or so.

July 29, 2014 at 8:19 am |
    • RC @TNT

I'm with you. I can't access the "new" site at all from work. So if this site goes away, I guess I do too......

July 29, 2014 at 10:39 am |
      • TNT

It is a bit frustrating, isn't it? 😡

July 30, 2014 at 7:54 am |
        • RC

More than a bit I think.......

July 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm |
  23. ∞ Weeds ∞

Oh, I'm being moderated, not just what I say, but me? Last 3 posts have been moderated and deleted.

July 29, 2014 at 4:05 am |
    • AleeD® @ Weeds

Don't take it personally. CNN is going thru changes which occasionally interfere with our postings.

July 29, 2014 at 7:30 am |
  24. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Klatsch

I see how it is. I turned 33 last Wednesday, and no wool jock strap in the mail from ANY of you.

July 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@jdizz

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

I can't keep up with everything right now....let me know how to adjust settings on the other thingy too please.

July 28, 2014 at 6:02 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ JBJ

Oooh. Been a long time. Check your profile settings in the upper right hand corner of the screen, opposite of LOG OUT. Probably a good start

July 28, 2014 at 6:06 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ JBJ

Might have to go to the main page to see it.

July 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ JBJ

Disregard. To the lower right of your chat box is the settings option to change an already existing profile.

July 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm |
    • RichardHead@Jdizz

Because of the summer heat-ALL childs size wool jocks have been back ordered. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO'--totally my fault-a brain phart.

July 28, 2014 at 6:08 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Better not be synthetic. And Made In The USA.

I want my stress relievers resting in a nest only minorities/teenagers will make.

July 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm |
    • AleeD® @ Jdizz

Happy belated birthday.

July 29, 2014 at 7:31 am |
  25. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Had to share this review I saw last week when shopping for Euro Sham inserts which I couldn't find at BBB btw!?

"My pillows arrived very quickly after I ordered them. They look great on our King sized bed and the sure helped with my wife making the "Along Came Polly" bed with like elevendy pillows. Thanks Amazon for making stuff so easily obtainable."

This is now my bed, with "elevendy" pillows! LOL

July 28, 2014 at 4:39 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ JBJ

You should read George Takei's reviews. lol

July 28, 2014 at 5:54 pm |
  26. Can't Handle the Truth

Disqus = Big Brother
    Some commentators have noted the privacy issues inherent in the use of services like Disqus, which serve their content through third party JavaScript widgets.[10][11][12]

As with other embedded web widgets such as like buttons, the Disqus widget acts as a web bug which tracks a user's activities, even when they are not logged in, across different sites that use the Disqus commenting system. Information tracked by Disqus.com, which may be disclosed to 3rd parties, includes pseudonymous analytics data such as a user's IP address, their web-browser's version and installed add-ons, and their referring pages and exit links.[13] Although this data is referred to by Disqus as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information", such data, when aggregated, has been shown to be usable for de-anonymizing users

July 28, 2014 at 4:13 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

This stuff is pretty normal.

July 28, 2014 at 5:48 pm |
      • Can't Handle the Truth

Normal – if you don't mind giving up your constitutional rights to privacy. Not only NSA, but other companies are data mining Disqus, Facebook and others like it. Collectively, they know who you are, how much you make, what you buy, sexual preferences, your personal views towards enough topics that you have a psychological and medical profiles. The list goes on. Worst of all, the public, you, has no idea who has your personal information, what is being done with or how much it is being sold for. Yes, you are the commodity, generating income and you don't get one red cent.

July 28, 2014 at 6:05 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

They don't know where I hid the body, though.

July 29, 2014 at 10:36 am |
        • Thinking things through

Jdizzle, happy B-day. Can't Handle..., I have multiple browsers, each with their own purpose. This makes tracking a little harder (though admittedly not impossible). Opera hangs out at Eatocracy.

July 29, 2014 at 8:54 pm |
  27. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Registration not working for me on the new one...hope it's not blocked by workerbeesecurity.

In other news, I can't wait to try this one (nod to AleeD for the Florodora name)!

July 28, 2014 at 2:50 pm |
    • AleeD®@JBJ, TNT, RC & frustrated head hanger-downers

If it's not working, why not create a new login? It had been so long since I logged onto CNN, I had to. Worked like a charm.

July 28, 2014 at 3:11 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I tried that, it just hangs up on me...not sure I ever had a login with CNN except for my iReport...

July 28, 2014 at 3:20 pm |
      • RC @AleeD®

Sign up/sign in button doesn't even work. Like JBJ said, It's probably because it's a work computer and the "workerbeesecurity" is working all too well.
        I'd rather stay here and put up with the occasional troll than not be able to play at all.....

July 28, 2014 at 4:02 pm |
        • Thinking things through

I've noticed that some people are labeled trolls simply because they have a viewpoint different from the majority of the olther folks on the thread. Then again, Palintwit IS a troll...Hmmm.

July 29, 2014 at 9:01 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Palintwit is hilarious.

July 30, 2014 at 1:47 pm |
    • AleeD® @ JBJ

That drink looks interesting. Let me know if it helps your stool ....... building.

July 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I tried Hendrick's Gin for the first time in Spain last year...will never go back to any other! Personal stool jokes aside, my new vanity seat is loverly, but it's the slow close terlit seat that I am really excited about! LOL

July 28, 2014 at 3:22 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Congrats on your new vanity (sounds like you had some kind of epiphany).
          We've got one of those terlit seats in the guest bahth. It's particularly handy when hubby gets up at 2am and loses his, um, grip.

July 28, 2014 at 3:29 pm |
        • RC @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Hendrick's Gin is the bomb! If you like a lot of botanicals in your gin, this is it. Makes Tanqueray taste like water.

July 28, 2014 at 3:31 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RC

I know, huh? I haven't had Tanqueray (or any gin for that matter) since a particular weekend in Palm Springs...many moons ago...where somehow my bathing suit top went missing before the pool party even started and my face print was on the sliding glass door in the morning...oh never mind.

July 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

Gives a whole new meaning to Ha!Boobs,Huh ??

July 28, 2014 at 3:47 pm |
  28. TNT

I give up. Trying to post a comment on new one is next to impossible. It's been fun while it lasted. *hangs head & walks away*

July 28, 2014 at 2:01 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Don't give up! Are you on a mobile device? Maybe try to sign up when on a PC? I had to actually click the profile pic thingy to get the pop up to sign up.

July 28, 2014 at 3:44 pm |
  29. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I read. Cannot post. If this makes it through, would be ironic

July 28, 2014 at 11:40 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

lol.

I'm still around, but this site has been non-post friendly the last few months.

July 28, 2014 at 11:41 am |
      • RC @Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

It appears that it's about to get even less post friendly with the switch to Disqus format.

July 28, 2014 at 12:22 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I've had a Disqus account for a while. Always works. This current version here is hit or miss for a while now.

July 28, 2014 at 5:51 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz

Is the other site using your current FB profile picture? Just wondering as it is using mine...even though I did not login using FB!??

July 28, 2014 at 3:37 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ JBJ

No. It was when I first started but I adjusted my settings. Just shows my first name and an old profile pic of Kaepernick "Kaepernicking"

July 28, 2014 at 5:52 pm |
  30. RC

Happy Morning Monday everyone. Hope y'all had a good weekend.
    Now back to work! SSSSS-crack!

July 28, 2014 at 10:38 am |
  31. Kat Kinsman

PSSSST! You'll hear more later today about a very exciting change we're making, but just so you don't get worried that I forgot about you, bookmark this and start using it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/living/eatocracy-coffee-klatsch/index.html

xxKK

July 28, 2014 at 2:00 am |
    • Jerv

Bummer. I can't post even using a real email address. Same thing happened at the Marquee. Oh well, I'll try again later.

July 28, 2014 at 8:06 am |
    • RichardHead

I agree with my Lil Buddy Jerv. Pain in the AZZ just trying to log in. Why do I have to use my brain this early on a Monday morning ?? SIGH

July 28, 2014 at 8:33 am |
    • AleeD® @ RichBro & Jerv-i-licious

I was able to post using all fake info (WitSec regs & all). Hmmm, try again, but this time wear a shorter skirt.

July 28, 2014 at 8:47 am |
      • RichardHead

I finally posted on the sandwich article but it was a pain in the AZZ…Bigger than Moochelle's.

July 28, 2014 at 8:50 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

I'm lost. What sandwich article?

July 28, 2014 at 8:54 am |
        • RichardHead

On the new site about Duke's Mayo–The Best sandwich EHVA.

July 28, 2014 at 9:01 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

OIC. This seems like a much more impersonal way to post.

July 28, 2014 at 9:06 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

I must Concur--Don't want to sign up for Facebook,Twitter or any of the other sites where people need approval from others for whatever they do in their lives. BTW–I just dropped a stool. :)) Nod @JBJ.

July 28, 2014 at 9:41 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

Was it a hefty stool? I wonder how intense JB's stool was.

July 28, 2014 at 9:48 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Had to FedEx a plunger to her overnight with instructions on how to start it. :)

July 28, 2014 at 9:59 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Its not so bad, at least we didn't get thrown out with the bath water.

July 28, 2014 at 9:44 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

It was really important to me NOT to do that. We're figuring out how to Mackie this transition as smoothly as possible, but there are gonna be hiccups. I hope you will bear with us.

I'm actually about to head to Las Vegas for some very much needed relaxation and time to work on my book, but we have a post up later today explaining what we're up to. Basically, we want to be able to dive more deeply into stories than we can right now while we're feeding the beast that is a blog, so we're taking steps to make that happen. All of CNN.com is getting a huge redesign in the next few months, so for us, it made sense to start the transition now.

But you all have been loyal and supportive and really just special people, I didn't want you to go without a snugly Klatsch. So, you can keep posting here, or use the Coffee Klatsch link I posted earlier, or the one on the left side of the mainpage to get to the one we're testing out.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope you understand why we're doing this. I'm gonna go try to get a little rest (I was working until 5 a.m.) and I'll pop in later to see how you are.

BTW, I actually wildly prefer Disqus (the new commenting system) to the WordPress one. It may take a little getting used to, but I hope you will as well.

Kat

July 28, 2014 at 10:39 am |
        • RC @Kat

I can't access WordPress at work, where, as we all know, all good blogging is done. I'm afraid it'll be the same with Disqus. That would suqu.

July 28, 2014 at 10:57 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Enjoy your vacation and get some rest!!!

July 28, 2014 at 11:17 am |
        • AleeD®

It's all good. Just a matter of getting used to new stuff – with lots & lots of questions. :)
          Enjoy your vacation.

July 28, 2014 at 11:21 am |
        • RC

Okay, this does suqu. I can't access any of the comments or post on the other site.
          Guess this is the end of RC..........

July 28, 2014 at 11:23 am |
        • TNT

No luck signing up for disqus. Can't post any comments. Bummer...

July 28, 2014 at 12:15 pm |
  32. Mary Shannon

Happy weekend all. Quiet day here, last day in a 5 day series of b-12 shots that will continue next week and forever. Oh well such is life.

Why is something never enough for some people? Frustrating to me.

July 26, 2014 at 9:24 pm |
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

Eat MORE Carrots….What happened ??

July 28, 2014 at 9:04 am |
    • AleeD® @ Mary S

Seriously, not getting enough what? Wassup?

July 28, 2014 at 9:08 am |
  33. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™_assembler extraordinaire

So on Monday I had to assemble a vanity stool, no biggie right? 4 legs getter screwed in...well you know how they always say lay out all pieces first, count the parts, etc.? There is a reason for this..had to put those darn legs on (and off) twice! o.O

July 26, 2014 at 9:56 am |
    • RC @™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™_assembler extraordinaire

You know you've done it right when you have parts left over.
      Did you bug out of Phoenix before the 'haboob', aka sandstorm hit? that looked pretty wild.

July 26, 2014 at 10:32 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RC

They had 2 types of washers which was my mistakes using the wrong ones first, but the diagram of them looked identical, and no parts leftover! No, we were here in the middle of the Ha! Boob! (Nod to RH)...my first and yes it was wild. Fly home this afternoon, hopefully not in a HaBoob! :)

July 26, 2014 at 10:44 am |
        • RC @™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Hope ya didn't get any sand in your cracks O.o

July 26, 2014 at 10:58 am |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ & RC

(Don't you just hate it when people spell in front of you?) I hate getting sand between my hab00bs, too. Congrats on getting it done WITHOUT spare parts! However, there are usually one or two spares they put in. Did you notice any difference in your stool level this morning?

July 28, 2014 at 9:11 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

"stool level"?? *head explodes*

July 28, 2014 at 2:42 pm |
  34. Thinking things through

Howdy folks. Earlier this week I just had a 24 hour stint as a raw aquatarian (a diet that makes raw vegan seem self-indulgent). Indeed, I was ready to forswear food all together.

I am back among the omnivorous, but I really hate stomach bugs!

Hoping for a great weekend for all.

July 25, 2014 at 6:46 pm |
  35. AleeD®

Hope this link works. Funny read about the correct way to make burrito – or not. Enjoy!

July 25, 2014 at 2:32 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Funny. Rage against the burrito machine.
      Last weekend our family got on the subject of burritos. We live in cities so it was interesting that most of us experienced that same thing. Chipotle by our count is the biggest offender. While eating the thing you wonder where the sour cream you order was and in the last two bites you find it, with nothing else.

July 25, 2014 at 2:47 pm |
  36. RC

Anyone "seen" Sir Bid or Turth lately?

July 25, 2014 at 11:44 am |
    • AleeD®

Yep. They've been posting under other monikers. After hanging out here a while, you learn to recognize writing styles and/or familiar phrases from other Klatschers.

July 25, 2014 at 12:06 pm |
      • RC

Ah. Sneaky devils........

July 25, 2014 at 1:27 pm |
      • Thinking things through

And where is J Dizz with the musical note??

July 25, 2014 at 6:51 pm |
  37. Queen of Everything

Morning glories! Hope all is well on this beautiful Friday.

JB- Best wishes to your mom!

July 25, 2014 at 10:25 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoD

Thank you m'lady! Yay, the Queen is back! the Queen is back!

July 25, 2014 at 10:54 am |
      • Queen of Everything@JB

Rest assured, my loyal subject, your liege is always here. I just lurk nowadays. I only work 2 days a week now and when I'm home the 3 princes keep me too busy to post.

July 25, 2014 at 12:50 pm |
  38. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™_The Hipster

Thank you all for the positive thoughts, prayers, and 'vibes'! As RH told me to hang in there as "Miracles do happen"!

@TNT – we are still hoping it is temporary, I think it would break her spirit to know otherwise..

We are cautiously optimistic to see if this continues today...

July 25, 2014 at 9:43 am |
    • TNT

Hi JBJ! I hope it's temporary. My neighbor (who just moved away in the last 2 weeks) has to do dialysis twice a day at home (yes in her home) & life has become really tough for her. She can't maintain her home anymore & moved into an apt, her house is for sale. Her life is based around dialysis & doesn't leave time for much else. I saw her struggles & I certainly don't want that for your mom. I will continue sending those good "vibes" & keep your mom in my thoughts. Hang in there!

July 26, 2014 at 7:06 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Thanks again. They told her yesterday before we arrived that it was going to have to continue. :(

She was not happy, nor would I be. Not sure how this will play out just yet. The good news is they were moving her out of ICU last night.

I am flying back home late this afternoon.

July 26, 2014 at 9:50 am |
        • TNT

Ah man, I'm sorry she has to continue. Hopefully, it's not all the time like my neighbor.
          Getting out of ICU is a good sign, tho! I will keep sending those vibes to your mom & you.
          Have a safe flight home...YOUR home sweet home! 😃

July 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm |
  39. AleeD®

Ish Friday *yawn* and I still need kawphy. Happy EOW to all – and it's payday. Cool.

July 25, 2014 at 6:52 am |
    • TNT

*yawning* I just made a fresh pot, c'mon over.
      Any news on JBJ's mom?

July 25, 2014 at 7:10 am |
    • RichardHead

Slacker-already on my second cup of Java-Sumatra Blend. BTW….GOOD NEWS-MOM is doing much better,was on dialysis yesterday. JBJ says to tell Everyone,Many THANKS for the Positive Vibes. She's such a Hipster.

July 25, 2014 at 7:15 am |
      • AleeD®

Slacker indeed – if not in fact. ;) Good to hear JB's mom is doing better. Is she still fighting going to dialysis? How'd your branch lopping go? House still in tact or are you living in BB temporarily?

July 25, 2014 at 7:35 am |
        • RichardHead-aka Paul Bunions without Blue

Finally got it down,almost brought the gutter down with it. Then the KnuckleHeads had to supervise while I played Tree Surgeon. The City garbage men were Most impressed–NOT. As my ex girlfriend Roseann Roseannadanna says, " It's Always somethin' "

July 25, 2014 at 8:04 am |
      • TNT

Glad to hear her mom is doing better! I sure hope the dialysis is just a hospital thing & doesn't have to continue it when she's sprung. More positive vibes headed her way. (hipster, love it. Lol!)

July 25, 2014 at 7:36 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Great news!

July 25, 2014 at 8:40 am |
    • RichardHead

I'm Poster # 69…Thank "ya Very Mushhhhhhh!!

July 25, 2014 at 7:19 am |
  40. Ms. Grammar

Sorry – can't stop myself: A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack. So he says, "Ms. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat and go on a long vacation."

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow. The frog says, "$30,000." The teller asks his name and the frog says that his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad in Mick Jagger, and that it is okay; he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $30,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need to secure some collateral against the loan. She asks if he has anything he can use as collaters. The frog says, "Sure, I have this," and produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall. Bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult with the manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says, "There is a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. And he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephane. "I mean, what IS this?"

Wait for it

Wait for it

The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knick knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a rolling stone."

Like I said, "Sorry!"

July 23, 2014 at 2:39 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Nice and silly! "Like!"

July 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm |
    • Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Speaking of the Rolling Stones...

Some time back, Hugh Hefner threw a huge party at the mansion. It ran late, and everyone was having a great time. The theme this time was old Hollywood stars. Lots of guests were there, the Rolling Stone provided the musical entertainment and the festivities ran so late that even the famed Playboy Bunnies all got tired and went to bed.

The party rolled on though, and Hef himself was feeling randy. So he decided to sneak in and climb atop a drunkenly passed out Dennis Weaver.

So Hef is going at it, when Jagger walks in and in shock yells out...

"Hey Hugh, get off of McCloud!"

July 23, 2014 at 3:55 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

GROAN!!!

July 23, 2014 at 4:04 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

...that's what McCloud said. Ba-dum-bum!

July 23, 2014 at 4:05 pm |
    • TNT

Lol, that's cute! My youngest daughter is an assistant manager at a bank, I will have to send this to her.

July 25, 2014 at 7:12 am |
  41. RichardHead

Good Morning Kidz…Got an e-mail late last night from JBJ-Mom is not doing good. JB took the first flight out this morning heading to AZ. Thoughts and prayers to the family. :(

July 23, 2014 at 7:22 am |
    • AleeD® @ RichBro

Amen. Warm, loving thoughts for JB & her family. Thank you for the update.

July 23, 2014 at 7:40 am |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Just like your first attempt at cooking a Thanksgiving Turkey….Mom is a tough old Bird. I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

July 23, 2014 at 8:06 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

Hey, that turkey was perfectly fried. Not my fault you didn't have your teeth with you that day.
          Good to know Mom's a fighter. Now we know which side of the family JB gets it from.

July 23, 2014 at 8:17 am |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Sending good vibes her Momma's way.

July 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

Fingers crossed for our blog sister!

July 23, 2014 at 3:35 pm |
  42. RC Back from vacation

*SIGH*
    Sure was hard getting up at 5:30 this morning. Hope all are well.

July 22, 2014 at 11:40 am |
    • AleeD® @ RC

Hey Cola! Well come back.
      Sorry if you already posted this, but did you go somewhere or was it a stay-cation? Details, details.

July 22, 2014 at 12:08 pm |
      • RC @ AleeD®

Spent 3 days floating around on a lake in Eastern Wa. Then a week of stay-cay. One of those days at the lake was spent on a Sea-Doo. Damn those things are fun!

July 22, 2014 at 4:08 pm |
        • AleeD® @ RC

Sounds like a NW brand of heaven. Good4u.
          Do you look like the Coppertone girl now? Drink adult beverages? Fall asleep while afloat? ;)

July 23, 2014 at 7:03 am |
        • RC @ AleeD®

All of the above. Though I'll never pass for the Coppertone Girl :)

July 23, 2014 at 10:09 am |
  43. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I'll stop by now for a Heidi Ho as me thinks it will be another bizzy day.

Mom is still in hospital...kidneys not doing good. :( they were going to start dialysis yesterday afternoon, but docs wanted to wait a day, so we'll see how it goes today.

@AleeD – It kinda feels like home, but now TWC tells me 1st appt to turn on service is the 31st! No TV, no internets, no home phone...burning up my data plan on the iPad. I watched marathon of Forensic Files with auntie in Phoenix, gulp, so a little freaky to be living here alone, but super nice neighbors stopping by and passing by. Doggie park across from me so there's usually peeps around.

July 22, 2014 at 9:04 am |
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

TWC? The Worst Cable co? Ours is called Dim House for similar reasons.

An alternative to burning up the data is to see if a local internet cafe has PC's you can use. The li-berry can be another good alternative – depending on their restrictions. On the bright side, it's only 9 more days. Have you tried meditation? ;)

I know you're going thru alot of emotional adjustments right now. For what it's worth, I'll do anything I can to support you. Keep in mind, the biggest downside to living alone is there's no one else to blame for leaving the seat up. ;)

July 22, 2014 at 9:57 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Thanks so much and laughed about the terlit seat! I've already bought new ones with the 'soft' close...love those!

Some Dr. Humor – moms surgeon was Dr. Money, then her anestiaologist (sp?) was Dr. Nap...LOL

July 22, 2014 at 11:02 am |
        • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Ha! Occupational names can be such a hazzard, especially if you're a duke. Here are some fo' real ones:

Bill Gunn = Past CEO of Smith & Wesson
          Betty Shoot = His secretary
          Dr. Corn = podiatrist
          Dr. Hackett = Urologist
          Dr. Igel (pronounced "eagle") = Gyn

July 22, 2014 at 12:06 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Years ago I knew a Dr. Repair.

July 22, 2014 at 1:13 pm |
  44. TNT

Morning! I'm guessing the ads are part of the 2.0? Can't post videos anymore? How is AleeD supposed to wake us up?
    @AleeD, My weekdays are always long & weekends are always too short. *sigh* Whoever thought of this has it "back asswards"!

July 22, 2014 at 8:13 am |
  45. Mary Shannon

Happy Monday....I got scared off this morning by the posts that seemed to be trolll-ish....now it looks safe to enter.

What's gnu?

July 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm |
    • AleeD®

Gnu? ;) Apparently The Lounge 2.0 has been uploaded. No be afeared of the trolls. Most of 'em ain't gots no teeffses.
      Watts gnu witchoo?

July 21, 2014 at 3:44 pm |
      • Mary Shannon

Bless you, me thinks you sneezed.

Not much gnu here, nice weather this weekend but getting hotter and humid as the week goes on...probably nothing compared to your neck o'the woods, though. You?

July 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Mary S

Thanks for the hankie. Goes with the pankie. New stuff abounds here. I'm on the brink of getting a gnu project at work – and have no clue about it's technology. Gotta hit the Google machine & utube to get some larnin' on. Hubby & I worked out a vacation plan. We're not taking one this year. SIGH. He may to go see family, but I've burnt up my cache so I could – pfffftt – heal. Sheesh ;)

July 22, 2014 at 7:27 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Bummer on no vacay for you, maybe you can sneak in some long weekends to make up for it?

July 22, 2014 at 7:44 am |
        • AleeD® @ Mary S

That's about it. I have time enough for the holidays, two days for my birthday and our big trip next year. That's why we had to map it out – to make sure I had enough time. Hubby's going to have a ball taking his 4 weeks over the remaining Fridays & Mondays – assuming he doesn't get hold of his family and make plans. *snicker*

July 22, 2014 at 8:03 am |
        • Stevie "Wonder" Sboj

gnu is an open source project that focuses on providing a free open source operating system that incorporates. Most obvious to most users is gnu's GNOME project, a user interface that today makes Windows 8.1 (aka Curtains) UI archaic, stone-age like. Apple used GNOME as a model for it's current desktop OS UI.
          Apple has never had an original idea, it only knows how to market other peoples ideas better than anyone else. Did I just say that?

AleeD, eatocracy's technocrat and keeper of the spam-bot list knows this and has been holding back to maintain her non-geeky social-norm persona. Don't let her split skirts, high heels and sultry looks fool you. Her "house glasses" has white tape on the nose piece. She owns two sets of Google Glass, wears them everywhere, including the shower. She gets turned on anytime someone speaks in Klingon (tIn qamDu' Daghaj), C# and Python. The chains in her dungeon are really cables running to the numerous game controllers, she has them all, from the first Atari to Wheee (Wii). She likes to accessorize them all. She even has TV monitors on her ceiling for the times you just can't lift your head. There is a microwave and a mini fridge on the end tables of her sofa -er torture rack. I think Wired did an article about AleeD's dungeon a few months back.

July 22, 2014 at 2:40 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Stevie

Knowing and experiencing are two completely different things in the dungeon. Come .... down and let us show you. ~_~

July 23, 2014 at 10:21 am |
  46. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Wwwwhaaa happened? Where did everyone go?

July 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm |
    • El RicardoHead

We've all headed down to the southern border for some enchiladas,burritos and some target practice.

July 21, 2014 at 12:44 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@El RH

Wachoo smokin' buddy? Too much Matt's El Rancho BOB dip?? :)

July 21, 2014 at 12:50 pm |
        • El RicardoHead@JBJ

Checka ur e-mail for the answer…..

July 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm |
      • just saying

joining the 1000 guardsmen the governor is sending south to protect the boarder?
        As we used to say back in the day, kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out.

July 21, 2014 at 1:54 pm |
        • Grammar Patrol

Nice catch. Wondered that myself. Could be a VIPBoarder.

July 21, 2014 at 2:36 pm |
        • just saying

Fun reply, good laugh. touché

July 21, 2014 at 4:03 pm |
        • Bean Counter

Um, this isn't in the budget. We don't have the money to pay for what we are buying already. Who is going to pay for all this? Use corporate taxes? Ha hahaha, good joke, you know US corporations pay little to no taxes. If we reduce WICA, Welfare and SNAP programs by 84% we can funnel this money into private firms specializing in prisons sytems to build a kinder prison, er holding center.. Since we are dealing with children the fences don't have to be to high and we can lease the kids out to farms that need help harvesting crops to recoup some of the investment.. With the leftover money we can arm private militias to augment or replace some of the requested 4000 national guardsmen, and train them how to use ground to air missles to.... Wait, what boarder are we protecting again?
          Governor Perry, talk to Putin. I bet he can give all kinds of good ideas. Yeah, Texas should push into and annex a large swath of Mexico, put a big fence around it, hire a cartel to guard it and call it the Gaza strip... What, oh, that name is already taken?

July 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm |
        • Bean Counter

Um, this isn't in the budget. We don't have the money to pay for what we are buying already. Who is going to pay for all this? Use corporate taxes? Ha hahaha, good joke, you know US corporations pay little to no taxes. If we reduce WICA, Welfare and SNAP programs by 84% we can funnel this money into private firms specializing in prisons sytems to build a kinder prison, er holding center.. Since we are dealing with children the fences don't have to be to high and we can lease the kids out to farms that need help harvesting crops to recoup some of the investment.. With the leftover money we can arm private militias to augment or replace some of the requested 4000 national guardsmen, and train them how to use ground to air missiles to.... Wait, what boarder are we protecting again?

July 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm |
        • Middle School Student

I wrote my lesson again it's rote. She's making me wear out this pencil, that 'ol goat.
          What a great word, hirsute.
          The word of the day!

Thank goodness for dermal laser surgery, eh?
          Ya learn things in the strangest places.

July 23, 2014 at 8:05 pm |
  47. TNT

Good afternoon...am I in the right place?

July 21, 2014 at 12:23 pm |
    • Alice Cooper-ish

The sign over the door is right, but some of the names have been changed to protect the innovative.

July 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm |
      • TNT

I guess I read the wrong sign. I read the other one that said, "Bell out of order, please knock" Lol!

July 21, 2014 at 1:22 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

I know, I thought I clicked on the wrong link!? In other news, I'm no longer homeless...slept in my new bed, in my new house for the first time Saturday night/

July 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm |
      • AleeD®

Congratulations! Does it feel like home yet? I know it has to feel better than the motor inn.

July 21, 2014 at 1:03 pm |
      • TNT

Oh I'm so happy for ya! That's great news!!! How about your mom, good news there, too?
        Hi AleeD! How was your weekend?

July 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm |
        • AleeD®

Short. Thanks for asking. How was yours?

July 21, 2014 at 2:25 pm |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

Hip Hip Hooray! Your ruby slippers worked.

July 21, 2014 at 4:16 pm |
  48. WayOut-Man

We WILL control your Internets,We Will control your Googles,We Will control your vertical,horizontal and B-Bop…Why ???? Because We are CNN and We Can.

July 21, 2014 at 8:02 am |
    • Kripke

I am aware.

July 21, 2014 at 8:09 am |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Reminds of a Zappa song on "Joe's Garage" called The Central Scrutinizer
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljnT49jU9vM&w=640&h=390]

It's similar to Facebook's Like button, you can dislike something all you want, just keep that to yourself; If you aren't in the "Like" crowd, you don't count.

July 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm |
  49. Alice Cooper-ish

No more posting videos. Bummer

July 21, 2014 at 6:39 am |
    • Really?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kGxN4WnAKk&w=640&h=390]

July 21, 2014 at 7:44 am |
    • just saying

A upcoming feature of the "new and improved" 2.0

July 21, 2014 at 1:49 pm |
  50. *MCOKid

CNN–never knew you were sleazy liars until blackfish. No more CNN in my house ever. Love Seaworld. Despise you.

July 21, 2014 at 5:42 am |