Coffee klatsch
July 14th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. Caption This!

She could not contain her joy at finally marrying her husband, whom she adores.

He could not get his last sixty minutes in the dungeon out of his mind...now what was her name again? Alice, Alison, Andy?

July 19, 2014 at 12:14 am |
  2. CSI Boston

We have DNA from said Horse and are also running it's license plate through our DataBase. You Will be Caught.

July 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm |
  3. PairAzz Hilton

I Don't get It ??

July 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm |
  4. Disturbing

"joke."

July 17, 2014 at 12:03 pm |
    • Derp

Wuss

July 17, 2014 at 1:31 pm |
      • Sticks

and stones...

July 17, 2014 at 1:45 pm |
      • AleeD®

What a bunch of comedians – or comediennes. Welcome to Finally Friday.

July 18, 2014 at 8:01 am |
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Dayum, it's hot here! 107 today...hoping to break mom out today... :)

July 17, 2014 at 8:44 am |
  6. AleeD®

WAAAAAAAAKE UP!

July 17, 2014 at 7:00 am |
    • Slackers Anonymous

Damn…My Obamma Phone quit working and I'm late to cash my Welfare check. Must be thursday..sigh.

July 17, 2014 at 7:25 am |
      • AleeD® @ SA

There's a disturbance in the dungeon and I must attend. As penance for your lame, politically-based excuses, you get to make coffee for the Lounge today – all day. Get to it or you'll be the next disturbance with which I deal. ~_~

July 17, 2014 at 7:42 am |
      • Big Ben @Slick Sick Slacker

Funny thing;
        The Federal Government gave States control over how welfare is distributed in 1992. Blame your governor for your phone. And also for your hand out not being paid automatically to a debit card like most every state does – working this way keeps you from signing over your check to a street shark and keeps you from going into another drunken whine binge with your bag buddies.

July 17, 2014 at 1:11 pm |
  7. TNT

Good morning all!
    @JBJ, Sounds like things are getting back on track, I'm happy for you! Is your mom still doing good?
    @RichardHead, Send those beavers this way when you're done, ok? We (our area) can use all the help we can get. *sigh*

July 16, 2014 at 8:00 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Thanks for the encouragement and asking about mom...her recovery in the hospital not going as good as the surgery unfortunately. Less pain yesterday, but her counts were too low so they were going for a transfusion last night, hoping for better news today and hopefully let her come home. Prayers and positive thoughts welcomed here.

July 16, 2014 at 8:43 am |
      • TNT

Awww, I'm sorry. Not sure what type of surgery she had, but, I'm sending many wishes for a speedy recovery. Nobody should hurt...😔

July 16, 2014 at 11:28 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Positive thoughts headed your way!

July 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm |
  8. Echo

Hellooooooo? Helloooo? Hello?
    Echooooooo Echoooo Echo

July 15, 2014 at 12:23 pm |
  9. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mom Casita

1oh9 when I arrived Sunday, then a monsoon hit that night! Moms surgery went good, doc said she might get to come home today... Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Hugs

July 15, 2014 at 9:09 am |
    • AleeD®

Wahoo! I'm so glad things are finally going well for you. Also very glad things went well with your madré's surgery. When you get back, there will be a "special" appointment set up for you in the dungeon.

July 15, 2014 at 9:17 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mom Casita

Why thank you, I could really use a massage...I also mostly finished the kitchen and master bedroom at my new place, beeutiful if I do say so myself, posted some pics On fb Sunday... :)

July 15, 2014 at 9:35 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

You've got mail, and my iPad is about to die... :))

July 15, 2014 at 9:39 am |
        • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Got the pix. Verrry elegant Mi'lady. You have done a great job.

A massage ... in the dungeon? Well ... we do manipulate various parts of the human body to, sometimes, climactic endings. Sometimes not depending on what they ask for. But no one has ever referred to them as massages. ~_~

July 15, 2014 at 9:56 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Very good news on your Mom's surgery....and your pics were lovely on FB. Enjoy the cool while it lasts!

July 15, 2014 at 11:08 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD and MS

Thank you! Still a lot of work to do...kitchen cabinets are cavernous and not very space efficient, searching for organizing products so I can reach everything! I need a good sturdy step stool! :)

July 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm |
  10. AleeD®

Yaaaaaaawn. Coffee's brewing ... I've got my head on the counter ... caboose on a stool ... waiting for the first drip ... THERE IT IS! She whips her mug under the dark liquid-fall-of-goodness .... because Rich hid the IV bags again. :p

July 15, 2014 at 6:48 am |
    • Train Conductor

Move along people,Nothing to see here…and move that caboose Lady !!!!

July 15, 2014 at 7:51 am |
      • AleeD®

That's "caffeinated caboose" to you mister.

July 15, 2014 at 8:27 am |
  11. Photo Caption™

She thinks..."A plus sign! All our our joys are coming true! This will bring such happiness to our lives".

He thinks. "well, so much for retiring at fifty"...

July 14, 2014 at 3:02 pm |
  12. caption this

Ted's morning routine usually involves taking his coffee in front of the bedroom mirror while taking his big-boned wife from behind.

July 14, 2014 at 1:59 pm |
    • Ralph Nader

Things in the mirror appear Bigger than normal….She is Now realizing this fact.

July 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm |
      • That Explains Alot

He wondered, "She was choking on her toothbrush but never on me. Hmmmm."

July 14, 2014 at 2:47 pm |
    • El Caption

Ted never misses an opportunity to remind his double-chinned wife how much prettier he is than she. "Don't fret," he tells her on this particular occasion, "at least you make a decent cup of coffee."

July 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm |
  13. ∞ Weeds ∞

For your Lunch reading pleasure.
    http://www.dweebist.com/ and please look at the photo titled "Calm"
    Another good on is on page 17 where I first landed searching for ghetto pools and I found the Lab Dogs – a classic

p.s. Jerv, I am not weeds, I am shrubs, yeah, that's the ticket.

July 14, 2014 at 1:39 pm |
    • Jerv

Okay, shrubs. What's your favorite recipe?

July 20, 2014 at 4:49 am |
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Well now what? I always feel like this when the World Cup and the Olympics are over.

NFL preseason in just a few weeks!

July 14, 2014 at 10:20 am |
    • Baseball R Us

MLB all star game is tomorrow.

July 14, 2014 at 10:24 am |
      • Chico Escuela

Beisbol has been berry berry goo0d to me…...

July 14, 2014 at 12:36 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

20 days to first pre-season football game (Bills v. Giants)...go BILLS!!!

July 14, 2014 at 1:33 pm |
      • Jimmy Hoffa

I gotz Front Row seats…Grab me a couple Rutt's cremators plz.

July 14, 2014 at 1:36 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Yeah and the wiffle ball championship was this weekend too. Guess there's nothing else to do now but work the tan until football season. Tanning booths in a Vegas casino – my million dollar idea. Baseball and tanning are about the same speed. A great multi-slacking pair.

July 14, 2014 at 1:45 pm |
  15. RichardHead

YAWNNNNNNN--Must be Monday--Guess I'll make coffee.

July 14, 2014 at 5:52 am |
    • AleeD®

Mornin' Bro
      Thanks for the joe.
      How'd your weekend go?

July 14, 2014 at 6:39 am |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

She's a poet & Didin't know it…Weekend was good till last night,had a BIG storm roll through and now have a downed tree branch on the porch over hang out back. Glad it's back there so people won't hear me cuss while trying to get it down. Rain due all week,SIGH. On the bright side…we should break the drought in the Houston area,for at least a week anyway. How was Yours ??

July 14, 2014 at 6:50 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

Maybe your neighbors will appreciate larnin' gnu woids. You never know.

Weekend was ok. Went out with a friend on Sat. and found a cool Warhol bedecked chocolate shoppe: Ashworth Artisan Chocolate. Good eats, but the guy behind the counter acted like someone p e e d in his granola. The chocolate itself was equal to what you get at Godiva but you get much better service at Godiva. We won't be back.

The rest of the visit included lunch at Piquant. Had the Chiorizo, goat cheese flat bread with pesto & balsamic vinegar glaze. It's alot more phoo-phoo sounding than I usually eat, but was VERY tasty and filling.

Bee careful with that chainsaw. Would hate to have to use a new moniker for you: RichardHalfHand

July 14, 2014 at 7:31 am |
        • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Hmmmmm…Good point. Perhaps I'll rent a couple Beavers,put 'em up in the tree and let 'em have at it. Gotz to think outside the box some times.

July 14, 2014 at 7:56 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Or, attach ropes to the puppies and let 'em run around like usual, the branch will be pulled down immediately with no danger to anyone! :-)

July 14, 2014 at 8:50 am |
        • AleeD®

Puppies? Beavers?
          *head explodes*

July 14, 2014 at 9:53 am |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

Yep chainsaws, ropes and ladders... better off juggling kitchen knives. Be careful.

July 14, 2014 at 1:50 pm |