Crumbs cupcake chain calls it a wrap
July 8th, 2014

That's the way the pricey cupcake crumbles.

Crumbs Bake Shops has closed its high-end cupcake stores after its stock was delisted by Nasdaq and it defaulted on about $14.3 million in financing.

Shares of Crumbs were as high as $3.49 in early 2013, but collapsed to 11 cents on June 30, its final day of trading. Employees were notified of the shutdown on Monday, according to published reports. The company had 165 full-time and 655 part-time employees as of the end of last year.

Read - Crumbs closes as cupcake craze cools off

Posted by:
Filed under: Business and Farming News • Cupcakes • Dishes • News

1. youtube.com/losewithbam

I've only ever had one cupcake from there, it was pretty good but not anything phenomenal. Sad to see so many people losing jobs though!

July 10, 2014 at 4:23 pm |
  2. www.woliahao.com

It's going to be end of mine day, except before end I am reading this impressive post to increase
    my knowledge.

July 10, 2014 at 6:49 am |
  3. Trace

I have a few issues with crumbs.

-The cupcakes are HUGE. I know "Bigger is Better" in America....but I want a normal sized cupcake, not a small cake.
    -The location near us gets the cupcakes shipped in so the employees don't know the ingredients. My SO wanted to share a cupcake when we passed by the location one day but I have an almond allergy so I always have to ask bakeries if they put almond extract in certain items. The employees couldn't tell me what was in them...so we left.

I don't think the cupcake craze is dying down, personally. I just think that cupcake chain shops are less successful than a small business cupcake shop.

July 9, 2014 at 8:47 am |
  4. Never Understood

So the cupcake craze is finally waning. Tried a couple, but never got into 'em. Always seemed like an excuse to eat more icing. Meh. I wonder what will be next. Whatever it turns out to be, I hope it involves bacon .... wrapped in bacon.

July 9, 2014 at 6:41 am |
  5. Thinking things through

Never heard of them. Not that it matters; I've scaled back on sugars and low-nutrition carbs. Which really works well for me.

July 8, 2014 at 6:45 pm |
    • Sean

It's all about YOU, isn't it?

July 8, 2014 at 8:31 pm |
      • JellyBean

No is not. Buy a NEW pair of shoes. Do you like turtles?

July 8, 2014 at 9:35 pm |
  6. Frank

Darn. they made the best soft black and white cookie ever. Will you share your recipe???

July 8, 2014 at 2:47 pm |