Coffee klatsch
June 30th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. AleeD® @ JBJ, hanging on & RichBro

JB, go furniture, etc. shopping! You can just have fun simply looking at stuff. Nothing says you have to buy anything.
    Rich, what reality show? >;-> JB's got a reality show? Unless you misspelled it and meant "realty". ;)

July 4, 2014 at 11:29 am |
  2. RichardHead

Happy Birthday America……Just put a 13 lb. Brisket on the smoker,the 2 knuckleHeads are searching out frogs,and I'm watching the Hurricane coverage. Hopefully,The Spatula Twins will be able to grill out today while dodging rain pellets. Enjoy your day Kidz,just be safe.

July 4, 2014 at 5:37 am |
  3. MicheleG™

Howdy ho y'all. I have not been posting like I used t. I feel like I can't contribute much that'd be entertaining.
    Singular: Y'all,
    Plural: ALL Y'all!
    I know some stuff 'cause my mama talked Texas talk every day when I was little. S'long fer na-ow.

July 3, 2014 at 6:06 pm |
    • RichardHead@MG

A Texas GOLD Star for You. Well Done and keep in touch.

July 3, 2014 at 6:11 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Why, thankee! I'll doer.

July 3, 2014 at 7:23 pm |
  4. Mary Shannon

Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th! No playing with anyone's fireworks but your own! :-)

July 3, 2014 at 10:54 am |
    • AleeD®

HA! That is exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow: be a voyeur watching someone else's fireworks. Might even join in at some point. ~_~

Happy Fourth y'all!

July 3, 2014 at 11:05 am |
      • AleeD® @ Kat

Was it voy eur that got me moderated?

July 3, 2014 at 11:16 am |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

What's the plural of Y'all ??

July 3, 2014 at 2:49 pm |
        • AleeD® @ RichBro

MicG said it right. Course in the dungeon, it's usually followed by "SsssssssssssssCRACK."

Today, that's a firecracker sound. ~_~

July 4, 2014 at 11:25 am |
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

I Gotz my Sparklers…I Gotz my Spatula…and I Gotz 2 Female dogs that love to play outside. Hmmmm-perhaps BBQ'd squirrel for dinner ?? HA–between these two,it's a keystone cops comedy. So it's grilled chili cheese hamburgers and chili dogs with honey butter Buns for tomorrow. Of course we will have to take a break to watch the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest tomorrow afternoon. I'm putting my money on Sy O. Narra,a young Chinese lady raised by Kobe Beef cows along the Great Wall. She looks Hungry. I hope you and the Furries survive Arthur 2,and at least get to grill. Enjoy….

July 3, 2014 at 11:32 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary S & RH

Back atcha! Enjoy your BBQ and playing with your um sparklers...ha ha. If I can get out of this funk I'm in I will try to go shopping for new bedroom furniture, ceiling fans, washer/dryer...but I can't give a delivery date so not sure if it's worth shopping for now. Ah well, this too shall pass. Week 6 and hanging on.

July 3, 2014 at 11:49 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Don't be FUNKY or I'll tell Everyone about your new reality show-I mean it….

July 3, 2014 at 11:55 am |
  5. ∞ Weeds ∞

Omar Gonzalez is a Phenomenal goalie. This last half he's been a one man team. Belgium has been the big bad wolf, huffing and puffing trying to pound our goal down but Gonzalez won't let their ball in, not by the hair of his chinney chin chin. What A GAME!

July 1, 2014 at 5:53 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

correction Tim Howard is the greatest goalie. Omar is a fantastic player too, I was watching the game and what I was thinking was not exactly what I was watching.
      What a game, I'm missing too much just typing this.

July 1, 2014 at 6:18 pm |
  6. Mary Shannon

Sigh....get online at 7 for a 7:30 call that lasts....5 minutes. Yuck.

To Kat, I do have a story idea (and maybe you've already covered it) but when I went on vacation last month (already!), whenever I ate out, especially for dinner, as a female eating alone I had to constantly reassure the waitstaff that I was indeed alone....they thought this was such a strange thing. I thought maybe JBJ could add something based on her weekend in Hawaii....why is it so odd for women to travel alone to certain beach locales?

July 1, 2014 at 8:10 am |
    • TNT

Oh me gosh! That hap'd to me, too. I wasn't on a vaca, but, I was Christmas shopping. Ended up at the mall. "Hmmm, getting hungry & need a break", so I went into TGIFridays for an app & a marqurita. Hostess says hello & I'll seat you when the rest of your party arrives. I told her this was my party. She laughed & said how many will be in your party. Ok, I'll play along & told her, "3. Me, myself, & I." She said , "really?" Seriously? Why is that so hard to believe? Well, I got seated & ended up having 2 marquritas. Lol!

July 1, 2014 at 8:42 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MS

Agree, but I think it is more prevalent in foreign countries, or that beach locales/resorts mostly see couples or families. I was thinking about this on my trip too, wondering if there are "singles"resort destinations...

July 1, 2014 at 8:52 am |
      • Mary Shannon

I wouldn't mind such a destination as long as its not targeted to the typical "singles" lifestyle, I prefer my vacations to be stress free!

July 1, 2014 at 9:01 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MS

Agree x2! I don't mind the dining for 1 comments, but they could be more tactful....now my other phenom is traveling with a walker...my bad leg wasn't working so great this trip and I brought the walker, so they go to seat me at the restuarant and walk me through a maze/landmine of tables/chairs to the very back of the restuarant. Really, they couldn't have made it more inconvenient!

July 1, 2014 at 10:53 am |
        • AleeD® @ Mary S & JBJ

JB, don't put up with that obstacle course BS. The next time you get walked thru the "forest" like that, the first empty table you snag your walker on, stop and say, "How 'bout this table? It already has my attention." If they tell you no one is assigned to that table, sweetly ask for a manager. I'm sure, if the manager wants your business, s/he'll assign a server to, um, serve you.

To both, I eat alone alot. I figure I've only been questioned once because I always take something with me to read. The one time I was questioned was when I walked into a strip club, alone, to meet up some engineering co-workers after work. I was dressed for the office, so I didn't think anything about walking in like I would any bar. The bouncer who posed the question wanted to make sure I wasn't a trolling pro – because I came in alone. My fellow engineering guys vouched for me and I was left alone, by mgt, the rest of the nite. Fascinating.

July 2, 2014 at 7:38 am |
        • RC @AleeD®

B-b-but, I thought you WERE a pro......

July 2, 2014 at 10:28 am |
        • AleeD® @ RC

proFESSIONAL ~_~

July 2, 2014 at 12:12 pm |
  7. California Home Inspector@JBJingles

Dear Ms. Jingles,
    Below is a list of items that MUST be repaired before further work can be done…..
    1.Toilets MUST flush in synchronicity–these couldn't dispose of a Chihuahuas discharges.
    2. The grill on the patio must be Charcoal…
    3. Your Home Owners Association has filed a grievance against your paint scheme-Mellow Yellow and Marshmallow Fluff are NOT approved.
    Due to a National Up Coming Holiday, I will NOT be available for an Re-Inspection until after the November Elections.
    Best regards and watch out for the sunshine blowing upwards.

June 30, 2014 at 2:50 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@CHI aka RH

The charcoal grill gave you away, HA! I have a friend at work who also happens to be in the legal profession who gave me advise last week on what to do next if no response today...my finger is on the 'send' button while I wait for a response!

June 30, 2014 at 3:15 pm |
      • AleeD® @ JBJ

Is it your "special" finger? ^_^

June 30, 2014 at 3:20 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeDx3

You are mighty fiesty today Missy! Someone have a good weekend?? ~_~ back atcha

June 30, 2014 at 4:23 pm |
      • Nancy Pelosi@JBJingles

Wash that Finger First…Think of The Children.

June 30, 2014 at 4:45 pm |
        • Nancy Pelosi@JBJingles

children = chicken

June 30, 2014 at 5:03 pm |
    • mellowpages

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38w40mC83DU&w=640&h=390]

June 30, 2014 at 4:01 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

JUST GOT WORD, WE PASSED INSPECTION!! Now...another 8-10 days for utilities.

June 30, 2014 at 5:16 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

So I can FLUSH ??

June 30, 2014 at 5:31 pm |
      • AleeD® @ JBJ

WAHOOOOOOOO! Congratulations!!!

Utilities? You want fries with that? 0_o

July 1, 2014 at 6:46 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH and AleeD

Flush, yes. I have water/sewer. Waiting on electric and gas meters...told construction dude I need electric before move in...I can tolerate a few a few cold showers, but NOT warm beer! :))

July 1, 2014 at 7:35 am |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ & RichBro

Are the gas meters tied to your sewer lines – or is that just at Rich's house?

July 1, 2014 at 7:57 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Aleed & RH

Just Rich's place! ;)

July 1, 2014 at 10:54 am |
      • TNT

Finally! Will this work out with your Mom's surgery?

July 1, 2014 at 8:44 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Not sure yet, will be moving out of hotel when I leave for moms regardless. Had to pay for another month of storage already, but would love to have a home to come back to and not a hotel again!

July 1, 2014 at 8:56 am |
        • TNT

Fingers, oh hec, all parts crossed for ya! 😃

July 1, 2014 at 9:32 am |
    • AleeD® @ California Home Inspector

JB's yellow & white color scheme wasn't approved. What would y'all do with black & red ... with a touch of Goth for flavor?

July 1, 2014 at 6:49 am |
  8. MicheleG™

Howdy ho and I'm looking forward to 2.0! Will stay tuned!

June 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm |
  9. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Kalua Pig, Kalua Pig, Kalua Pig! Smokey pork goodness. I'm keeping my "Hawaii Glow" a few more days I tell ya, oh wait, that's my sun burn...

June 30, 2014 at 9:06 am |
    • AleeD® @ JBJ

Had Selmon's brisket special this weekend. Brisket was dry & tasteless. However, their BBQ sauce, RIGHT up my .... alley. More smokey than sweet. Yum! "I'll order different meat next time," she said with a smirk.

June 30, 2014 at 3:32 pm |
  10. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Nice quiet weekend here as planned....3 1/2 day work week ahead....what's new?

June 30, 2014 at 8:39 am |
    • TNT

Quiet weekend here, too. All tho, I did buy some new flowers for one of my flowerbeds. They're coneflowers that bloom in multi-colors! Sooooo pretty!

June 30, 2014 at 9:42 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Love flowers!!! I live in a townhome so I can only container garden, but I make the most of it.

June 30, 2014 at 10:49 am |
        • TNT

Container gardens are pretty. Many flowers to pick from for those, too!

June 30, 2014 at 11:41 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Crazy week here in Eatocracyland. SLT is on vacation, and I'm holding down the fort *and* running the Living section and building Eatocracy 2.0 (which should be fun for all). It might seem like things are a little quiet, but that's just on the surface.

June 30, 2014 at 10:05 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Best of luck, its always hard to cover for someone as well as doing a new project!

June 30, 2014 at 10:48 am |
      • TNT

Eatocracy 2.0?

June 30, 2014 at 11:38 am |
        • RichardHead

AleeD has a minimum of 6.0-

June 30, 2014 at 11:43 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

Yup! Changes are afoot, and they're awesome. We'll keep you apprised, but it's some things that SLT and I have been wanting for a long time - it'll let us sink our teeth into bigger, better stories and present them in a way that allows more flexibility of presentation. We both work on other sections in addition to Eatocracy, but this is our baby and it's a joy to continue to see it grow.

June 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Kat

Sounds like JB's toes suffered afoot change. :)

June 30, 2014 at 2:52 pm |
      • Thinking things through

Sounds awesome, and looking forward to it!

June 30, 2014 at 5:39 pm |
        • TNT

Me too!

July 1, 2014 at 9:34 am |
  11. Thinking things through

Hey, Charles, what we doing today?

Dunno, but that wine glass is empty. Let's go direct from coffee to vino.

June 30, 2014 at 8:05 am |
    • Caption America

"We've dirtied all the dishes, so I'm drinking OJ out of the thermos lid from my Fat Albert lunchbox."

June 30, 2014 at 3:36 pm |
  12. AleeD®

G'morning. Monday ... or Tuesday if you prefer. Hmmm. That does sound better. Now for coffee. Where ... ? I know I left it in the dishwasher. Rich, did you hide my IV setup again?

June 30, 2014 at 6:53 am |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Wait a minute….We have a dishwasher ?? I checked the surveillance video and easily recognized JBJ absconding your hook up-–must have been a Loooooooong flight from Hawaii. BUSTED !!

June 30, 2014 at 8:56 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH and AleeD

I could use it today, 3 hr time change is kicking my butt this am.

June 30, 2014 at 9:08 am |
        • TNT

Oh but it had to be worth every jet lagged minute of it. Welcome back safely & exhausted. Lol!
          Did ya pack anyone or anything exciting in your suitcase to bring home?

June 30, 2014 at 9:37 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

LOL – Sadly no cabana boys to be found...the only thing packed in suitcase to come home were some new luggage tags (retro Hawaii ones) to replace the ones I have now with old addy and one with a pic of hubs and I in Hawaii a long time ago. :)

June 30, 2014 at 11:38 am |
        • TNT

JBJ, out with the old....😃
          @Kat, Don't know why, but, my "publish" button is invisible.

June 30, 2014 at 11:45 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Yeppers! And yes, it was worth every minute of my jet lagging! :)

June 30, 2014 at 12:41 pm |
      • AleeD® @ RichBro JBJ & TNT

Our dishwasher used to be DJCP, but he's gone to pursue a music career. When we last remodeled the dungeon, I installed the dungeon's old dishwasher in the Lounge. Ya know ... sanitized for her pleasure.

Welcome back JB. Got some aloe for that "glow"? ~_~

June 30, 2014 at 9:47 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I'm gonna need some Aloe! I looked at my toes this morning and the ones on the right foot are burnt bad, but not on the left...not sure how that happened!? o.O

Wish me luck with the inpection today pleeeeeeeze!

June 30, 2014 at 11:44 am |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

BEST OF LUCK with your inspection today.
          I told you to keep your feet inside the car when doing "activities" like that. I hope you used enough protection so you wouldn't get a V-burn. Thems hurts!

June 30, 2014 at 2:49 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Thanks...waiting to hear from them now, just left 1st message... And regarding the *cough cough* activities, you know this hurts how? ;) No V's were hurt during my activities, I assure you!

June 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

We have myriad toys in our dungeon ...

June 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm |