Coffee klatsch
June 2nd, 2014

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. RichardHead@Our Fearless Leader--KAT

Good Saturday Evening,Kitten. I've e-mailed everyone but you…and a couple others. Effective Monday,June the 9th….Big Blue and I will NOT be on the road again. I guess you can say that because of Federal Regulations,States BS and a Congress that has NEVER been in an 18 wheeler before-know Better than a Driver. It's time….As I have told others here in the Klatsch….I Don't Trust Myself Anymore. It's something an Old Skool Truck Driver will understand. I will be around…maybe Not as Happy as before,Driving is something I always enjoyed,It is Time. Thank You All,My Family for being there for me. BBQ time at the house in Katy,fixing things up around the house,and keeping an eye on my Family.
    Love You All,
    Jim

June 7, 2014 at 9:16 pm |
    • MicheleG™

I always enjoy reading your comments. Hope to "see" you for a long time. I will start visiting the Klatch more often as well. REGARDS, M

June 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

It must be a tough call to make your decision. I feel for you having to give up something you enjoy. To make light of this subject and with the understanding how you like driving, have you and Ol' Blue considered getting into the pizza delivery business? Or hooking up a food trailer to Ol' Blue and follow the festivals in Texas; take your grill and smoker with you and show people what real BBQ is all about.

June 8, 2014 at 2:28 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Oh hon - that's got to be such a loss and a shift. Let us know how to help you. We're here for you.

June 8, 2014 at 5:31 pm |
    • Mary Shannon Vacation mode

Wow...big change for you. Email to follow soon.

June 8, 2014 at 6:31 pm |
  2. Sir Biddle

Marinating about 2 dozen brats tonight and doing some serious grilling tomorrow afternoon.

June 6, 2014 at 11:09 am |
    • RichardHead@Sir B

MMMMM--Beer. Watch your weather tho Bro,helluva storm headed your way.I finally did something I've wanted to do for many,many years,had a 5 hour wait for a trailer repair at The Iowa 80 and went through the Truck Museum. Original Trucks from the 1890's thru today. Learned a lot and even learned How the rock group REO Speedwagon got their name. I think the Lil' Biddles would enjoy it,they just ask for a small donation to walk around.Enjoy the weekend and don't burn the Brats.

June 6, 2014 at 11:37 am |
      • Sir Biddle

No storm headed our way anytime soon. Looking at mid-80's all weekend. Cool you went to the truck museum – haven't been there but good call if we ever get the Lil Biddles back out there.

Grab RCc and swing by with Ole Blue around 5 and I'll hock a brat your way. Mustard, Onion? peppers?

June 6, 2014 at 11:46 am |
    • RC @Sir Biddle

Awesome! what time's dinner?
      I'll bring the beer.

June 6, 2014 at 11:38 am |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

2 dozen brats? Does your neighbors know you have their kids? :)

June 6, 2014 at 12:07 pm |
      • AleeD®

You took the words right outta my mouth.

June 6, 2014 at 2:04 pm |
  3. RichardHead@My 'Sista

You've Got Mail….

June 6, 2014 at 10:24 am |
    • AleeD®@Me Bro'

That's funny, so do you!

June 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm |
      • RichardHead

Not No Mo…..your turn.

June 6, 2014 at 1:30 pm |
  4. AleeD®

LSIHOTRBCITW
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCrlyX6XbTU&w=640&h=390]
    Last song I heard on the radio before coming in to work. Happy TGIF, unofficial acronym day.

June 6, 2014 at 6:52 am |
    • RC @AleeD®

Glad you spelled that one out.
      INWHGI*

*I never would have gotten it.
      Happy TGIF indeed!

June 6, 2014 at 10:25 am |
  5. Truth™

Ok, the "Childless and Cat Lady" thread is heating up! Get a good seat folks!

June 5, 2014 at 2:23 pm |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Best Beer Koozie Sayings (BBKS)

My favorite one is up in WA, "I miss my ex, but my aim is improving"...another fave from Wisconsin a few years ago, "nothing tips like a beer" picture of a cow on its back swigging a brewski.

June 5, 2014 at 10:55 am |
    • Truth™@JBJ

"I would never want to be a part of any group that would have someone like me as a member" – Groucho Mark

Come to think of it, that is why I like the Klatch so much

June 5, 2014 at 11:46 am |
      • Truth™@JBJ

And that should be Marx, not Mark...Danged autocorrect.

June 5, 2014 at 11:47 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

I like that one! I was wondering if you were in Aruba too since I haven't seen you around. AleeD and I have been trying to keep the place tidy by ourselves here....ifyouknowwhatImean.

June 5, 2014 at 12:08 pm |
        • AleeD®

Kat or SLT handled the last clean-up on aisle 9. If I had Rich's "leetle frien." I'd give them a shot. Uh, I mean give IT a shot.

June 5, 2014 at 1:15 pm |
      • AleeD®

It's not on a koozie (who comes up with these words?), but my current catch phrase for hubby is, "I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it."

June 5, 2014 at 1:13 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@Slaggus Bucketious

BAM! That's a winner and I'm going to use it as soon as I can.

June 5, 2014 at 1:58 pm |
        • Slaggus Bucketious @ Equum de Troglodytae

From what you've told us, how much of my paycheck have I lost in betting that you've already used it on someone?

June 5, 2014 at 3:02 pm |
        • Weeds

I found early on it is impossible to understand anyone of the female persuasion, so I gave up a long time time ago. Yes dear...
          [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1RBu04p7FI&w=640&h=390]

June 5, 2014 at 5:47 pm |
        • AleeD®

Dang. The quote is "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

June 6, 2014 at 6:59 am |
      • Shirley U. Jest

Same here.

June 5, 2014 at 1:25 pm |
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Thought For the Day

The number of people staring at you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions. :)

June 4, 2014 at 8:59 pm |
    • AleeD®@TFTD

*hands on hips, tapping food*
      What did you do young lady?

June 5, 2014 at 6:44 am |
      • TNT

Lol! I thought the same thing.
        Care to share, JBJ?

June 5, 2014 at 7:19 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Alee n TNT

Ha, moi? Nothing! I saw this on a beer koozie at Rite Aid on my way home, I swear. :D

June 5, 2014 at 8:03 am |
        • Sir Biddle

My koozie is from a dive joint in Iowa that specializes in fried chicken. "To get a better piece of chicken, you have to be a rooster!"

June 5, 2014 at 9:03 am |
        • TNT

My favorite koozie says:
          "Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain thing?"
          I bought it at the gift shop in the Coronado (?) Museum in Liberal Kansas.

June 5, 2014 at 9:48 am |
        • RC @TNT

Liberal Kansas? Isn't that an oxymoron?
          Anyway, I have a koozie that says "Put something cool between your legs". Must be for when you're driving.......

June 5, 2014 at 10:17 am |
      • Sal Mo. Nilla

Don't be tapping my food lady, You don't know where that finger has been !!

June 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm |
        • AleeD®@ Sal

Yeah. Picked up on that did ya? Shoulda been "foot" 'cuz I know where my fingers have been. ~_~

June 6, 2014 at 6:45 am |
  8. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Wholly Guacamole Batman! Happy Hump Day. Today I am one day closer to moooving into my new home..

I had a frozen burrito with pepper jack cheese, tortilla chips and an individual wholly guacamole, first time in have tried that, not bad. My grill arrived yesterday but I haven't opened the box yet...not sure what's for dinner tonight yet.

AleeD I brought in some Fabreeze, that stuff is magical.

June 4, 2014 at 8:33 am |
    • TNT

How about some chicken tatas?

June 4, 2014 at 10:56 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Yes, I will probably be making some chipotle marinated chicken breasteses soon for tacos! I also have a bacon wrapped filet waiting patiently to be grilled...and an artichoke waiting to be steamed. Sorry to hear you are laid up, you missed Mary's flight to Aruba!

June 4, 2014 at 11:13 am |
        • TNT

Mmmm, chipotle, one of my favorite sp ices. (I remembered this time. Lol) My youngest daughter came across a crockpot recipe for pork tenderloin tacos. So good!
          Yes, I missed the flight. Oh well, can't have any alcohol right now anyways. (won't mix well with meds) Can't go & not have rum, I guess. Lol!

June 4, 2014 at 11:36 am |
        • AleeD®@JBJ & TNT

I recently had the opp to sample a fried artichoke horses' ovaries with garlic aioli.@ BJ's Brewhouse. Very tasty indeed.

June 4, 2014 at 12:36 pm |
        • TNT

AleeD, I do believe I'll take your word on that. Lol!!!

June 4, 2014 at 1:47 pm |
    • Thinking things through

Congrats on the new home!! When's the moving date?

June 5, 2014 at 7:55 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Thinking

Thanks! Waiting on inspections eta is 6/20 right now..

June 5, 2014 at 7:59 am |
        • Tommy Chong

I thought 420 was the new slang for gettin' .... never mind. Pass that over here....

June 5, 2014 at 8:10 am |
  9. AleeD®

Good morning all. Humpy Hapday! [insert camel here] Ahhh. Smell that? All fresh & clean. No lingering troll-odorousness. Many thanks to Kat & Krew for the clean-up on aisle 9.

June 4, 2014 at 6:54 am |
    • RichardHead@Kat

Thanks Kitten…Aisle 9 must be the Beer aisle or the Feminine Hygene Products aisle,it's always in need of clean-up. I hope your doing well and SLT took enough Captain Crunch cereal with her for her trip. :))

June 4, 2014 at 7:59 am |
  10. Mary Shannon Vacation mode

Wake up! I've been awake for 3 hrs with only about 2 hrs sleep. Safely at the airport and at the gate. See ya on the other side!

June 4, 2014 at 5:27 am |
    • AleeD® @ Mary S Vm

Have a boring flight, Sweet Lady! (don't need that kind of excitement) Have a relaxing, lazy, tropical Arubian drink for me. BTW, what's a traditional co cktail in Aruba?

Oh and please do give the nice pool attendant a, um, squeeze or three while you're there. Living vicariously and all. ~_~

June 4, 2014 at 6:51 am |
      • Mary Shannon Vacation mode

Bring flight, no drama and 1/2hour early arrival. I was first on the plane and 3rd off.

June 4, 2014 at 5:38 pm |
        • Thinking things through

Hey, there, I could stand a bit of Aruba! Enjoy it up!

June 5, 2014 at 7:58 am |
      • Mary Shannon Vacation mode

Oh they brew a beer on island called Balashi but the other local fav is an Aruban Ariba. Never had one...yet.

June 4, 2014 at 5:40 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary S

Safe travels, and have fun! I'll take a Rum Runner please with a little pink umbrella. :)

June 4, 2014 at 8:36 am |
      • TNT

Wait for me! I'm officially "laid up" (since Monday) & I could lay around a beach with ya.

June 4, 2014 at 10:54 am |
        • Mary Shannon Vacation mode

Come on down!! All are welcome cept t-rolls

June 4, 2014 at 5:35 pm |
        • TNT

Oh how I'd love to "come on down". Just what the dr ordered, R&R.
          Have a great time & enjoy the sights...& not just the pool boys. Lol!

June 5, 2014 at 7:23 am |
      • TNT

Sorry, hit wrong reply button. I'll blame it on the pain med. Lol!

June 4, 2014 at 10:55 am |
      • Mary Shannon Vacation mode

I'll ask the pool boy to deliver one to you.

June 4, 2014 at 5:41 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Pool boy? Yes, please.

June 4, 2014 at 9:00 pm |
  11. Mary Shannon

Ok, 2 more minutes and I'm outta here. You all have a couple of weeks until "see you" again. Have fun, I plan to.

zzzzzzzzzzz

June 3, 2014 at 4:58 pm |
  12. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz

time to move to Seattle!

June 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm |
    • RC @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Yeah, just great. As if Seattle isn't already expensive........

June 4, 2014 at 10:09 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yep. Between that and recreational use laws. =p

June 4, 2014 at 10:12 am |
  13. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Do you really think that by changing your screen name for every post, the editors cannot tell it is the same person/device posting?? Really?

June 3, 2014 at 3:01 pm |
    • and you are...

pathetic...why come to a food blog where a bunch of people are friends here and post garbage that no one wants to read, you must be lonely...like crashing a party you weren't invited to and no one will talk to you. sad really

June 3, 2014 at 4:02 pm |
      • @and you are...Did you even bother to read what this part of the blog is about?

"Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. "

June 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm |
  14. Sir Biddle

F selfies!!!!!

June 3, 2014 at 1:52 pm |
    • Turth™@Biddle

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a television show premiering this fall called "Selfie", that is about a young woman, who lives more through Facebook than in real life. My guess is that the show won't last, but will spawn a whole lot of "That's not me" reactions.

Reason number 4,189 of why I avoid most social media like the plague.

June 3, 2014 at 2:15 pm |
  15. Turth™@What's for lunch

Blackened pork chops and mashed potatoes. Life does not get much better on a Tuesday.

June 3, 2014 at 1:49 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Turth

BBQ chopped chicken salad with cilantro dressing, yum.

June 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm |
  16. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD & RH

You've got mail, I have a meeting...

June 3, 2014 at 1:19 pm |
    • AleeD® @ JBJ & RH

You've got mail and I do not have a meeting.

June 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm |
      • Turth™@AleeD, JBJ, RH

I don't have mail, nor meetings. Hoo-Ray!

June 3, 2014 at 1:46 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™

You do now. [:-pppp

June 3, 2014 at 2:16 pm |
  17. Here's one for the modbots...

Add to the banned words list:

Jeff Spi coli. (FTARH character)

June 3, 2014 at 11:20 am |
    • Wordkeeper

Yeah ... it's got that darned s p i c root. Kinda like all the words that have c u m and t i t in them, too.

June 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm |
  18. AleeD®

Good morning. Sarcastic Tuesday here already? Goody.

June 3, 2014 at 6:55 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Good morning back atcha!

June 3, 2014 at 8:05 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Yea, I like sarcastic day. Its like Christmas for me everyday!

June 3, 2014 at 8:52 am |
  19. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Talked to the service manager for my new place, bestest cas scenario is 6/20 which probably means that won't happen, but he told me anyway because he "didn't want to blow sunshine up my skirt"! That's a new one I haven't heard. :D

June 2, 2014 at 6:26 pm |
    • RichardHead

You might think about using some Coppertone Oil just in case…..

June 3, 2014 at 7:06 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Took me a minute to get that one! *yawn*

June 3, 2014 at 7:42 am |
      • Sir Biddle

Astro glides right in and can fix or mend any tough situation.

June 3, 2014 at 8:51 am |
        • AleeD®

I think you're mixing the function of your lubes there horsebeast.

June 3, 2014 at 10:39 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Prefer water-based over synthetics. Sometimes you gotta stick with the classics.

June 3, 2014 at 11:07 am |
        • @You people...

Lighten up Nancypants.

June 3, 2014 at 3:26 pm |
  20. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

So we had one t-roll playing nice this morning, how refreshing, now the other kids must be out of school. *sigh*

June 2, 2014 at 4:20 pm |
  21. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

I'm in moderation Monday, please help. Not sure what food words I used that are banned...but really? People can post about poop, but we can't post normal food words!? Thanks.

June 2, 2014 at 11:29 am |
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

C'mon. You know the ModBotz are vegan and how much then heat bacon. You're teasing them with your delicious, savory cafeteria selections.

By "them" I mean "me."

June 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Ha ha, there was a bacon thrown in there wasn't there!? Yes, our cafe is pretty good, they also have a full salad bar with lots of chopped up veggies, meat, beans, etc. I have 'shopped' here before when I just need a few ingrediants for dinner and didn't want to stop at a store on my way home!

June 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm |
  22. Mary Shannon

Vacation countdown t-2 days...by this time on Wednesday I'll be in flight....fingers crossed, toes crossed!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was crazy getting things done for Dad, work and oh yeah, me. Still have to pack but I do have a list :-)

June 2, 2014 at 9:16 am |
    • AleeD® @ Mary S

You said the "v" word! Congrats on being able to get away. Where ya headed?

June 2, 2014 at 12:21 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

Vacation!? YAY for you! Anywhere fun, tropical, relaxing?? My next vacation will be mooving again, and unpacking, but that will be much more fun than packing and mooving out.

I had a 2 1/2 week vacation scheduled in August to cruise around England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, etc. but mom can't make it now so we cancelled that. :(

June 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm |
      • Mary Shannon

To AleeD & JBJ: Yes, absolutely somewhere fun, relaxing, tropical and windy...Aruba. I'm finally going to use the vacation I put off for the past year, that's part of the fun, most of it was already paid last year and has been held, so this is practically free! Thanks for asking.

Ladies, you're in charge while I'm gone...well, wait, our mistress of the dungeon is always in charge. Hold down the fort and keep these guys in line....so to speak.

June 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm |
        • AleeD®@Mary S & JBJ

Keep the guys straight. That's my goal – always. ~_~

Take pictures. I want to see that Turth™ looks like in a bikini.

June 2, 2014 at 3:11 pm |
  23. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Good Monday morning class. So nice not to have to do anything yesterday, butt boring! Hotel tv has about 10 sports channels and not much more..need to download some books to the iPad or take up knitting (NOT). Watched forensic files for 3 hours yesterday, not good for sweet dreams, just sayin'

June 2, 2014 at 8:53 am |
    • RichardHead

Butt Boring-Ummmm,I'm NOT going there. So,got in this morning,and waiting on my Favorite Mexican Food place to open so I can get my fix, and then onto the Hacienda. Gonna buy my Brisket tomorrow–do the DrPepper marinade over night and then start the smoking process. Gotta find some post oak wood chunks tho–then start the 18 hour low and slow cooking. I don't think you can do a Brisket on the George Forman. Taking a couple weeks off,go fishing for two mermaids since I need someone to hold my beer while I smoke the Brisket. Also will need to purchase a pool so they don't expire. This could get expensive-But what the hell-when Naked Grilling a Man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do. Hope the move went well. Happy Monday to Everyone–

June 2, 2014 at 9:41 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Nice to see you back, enjoy your time off!!

June 2, 2014 at 10:10 am |
        • RichardHead@Mary S.

Thanks Ms.P…..I hope you have fun on the beach. Glad things with Dad went well–You done Good. :))

June 2, 2014 at 10:28 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Welcome back! How much do you think it would cost to Fed Ex some of your brisket over here?? ;)

It's a challenge cooking on a 2 burner electric stovetop and no oven. I made some chicken in white wine sauce with brown rice and green beans last night, not the best dish ever but OK.

It's nice that we have a full cafeteria here at work, easy to pick up veggies, dinner to go, salads, etc. So I may go that route today. Today's menu at our cafe (I omitted the vegetarian options):

Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
        Split Pea with Bacon
        Turkey Avocado Burger with Roasted Anaheim Chiles, Melted Jack Cheese and Salsa Mayonnaise
        Garlic and Herb Roasted Chicken Breast with Rice Pilaf, Roasted Vegetables and Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
        Chef Salad with Boston Lettuce, Swiss Cheese, Ham, Turkey, Eggs, Avocado, Tomato, Cucumbers, Croutons and Blue Cheese Dressing
        Italian Combo with Turkey, Ham, Salami, Provolone, Pepperoncini, Lettuce, Tomato and Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil

June 2, 2014 at 11:13 am |
        • RC

Geez! That's a cafeteria? Sounds more like a better that average restaurant menu to me. Must be nice.........

June 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RC

It IS that nice and they built a brick pizza over on the patio last year, Wednesday is build your own pizza day. They also do breakfast and individual items both hot and cold everyday! AND the company subsidizes it, so it is more than reasonable!

June 2, 2014 at 4:18 pm |
  24. AleeD®

Good morning to all the ships at sea. Hope you had a great weekend all you mooooovers, campers & shakers.

I gotta plaque.

June 2, 2014 at 6:57 am |
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Teeth Plaque ?? Brush longer,sing Happy Birthay to me for 3 minutes-that should do it. How 'Ya feeling ?

June 2, 2014 at 9:59 am |
      • AleeD® @ RichBro

10-year, not teeth, Funny man. ^_^ Feeling great! Looking forward to being baseball-free (internally) for the NEXT 7 years. Saaaaaay. If you're off for two weeks, would you like to get in some target practice? Alice Cooper's progeny have been running rampant 'round here and Kat could probably use the break this Summer. Nothin' extreme. Maybe just use your pellet gun and shoot 'em in the a$$.

June 2, 2014 at 11:08 am |
        • RichardHead@My 'Sista

OK--Wait for it……….SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND. That should scare the elementary minded Kids.

June 2, 2014 at 4:59 pm |
  25. Ms. Grammar

Morning, everyone! It's been a long time since I was the first on the site. 6:04 a.m. in Sunny So. NJ. Beautiful day on store for us and I have a window seat at work. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is ready to go this week. Take care and have some fun! We only go around once!

June 2, 2014 at 6:06 am |