Coffee klatsch
May 26th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Day 1 at my temporary digs...just OK, feel like I'm missing about 2000 sq ft! Oh I am. At least I have somewhat of a kitchen, the place is clean, but right off a freeway so noisy. Ordered a George Foreman grill last night, so hoping to use that for cooking while here... Either that, or RH can Fed Ex me some of his BBQ

June 1, 2014 at 8:42 am | Reply
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Wake up little fishies! It's moving day...one trip to storage left, then clean out the fridge and finish a load of laundry...then wait around for the new owners to arrive. Any fun plans this weekend?

May 31, 2014 at 6:35 am | Reply
    • Name*

Good luck!

May 31, 2014 at 11:46 am | Reply
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Slooooooooooooow day in the CK! TGIF! Counting down the hours until I can leave and finish up packing...tic toc tic toc

May 30, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Reply
  4. Sir Biddle

Thanks for the unneeded moderation!

FACE PALM!

May 30, 2014 at 9:46 am | Reply
    • suj

Oh, it was needed. You need much more moderation. Especially with the things you think. You don't believe Kat can pick up on those vibes?
      Oh, yeah, It's troll week and I'm casting out my first bait. Lets see how long it takes to get a bite.

Photo Caption: Ernie is glued to watching the Klatsch this week, its so fun to see the regulars behave like the kids just let out of school. LOL trolling each other too. Wheeee!

May 30, 2014 at 9:11 pm | Reply
      • Jerv

Just go pay your bills.

June 1, 2014 at 5:51 am | Reply
  5. AleeD® @ RC doormat

Were my minions well-trained for your full-service pun ishment or do I have to start the re-training early?

May 30, 2014 at 6:53 am | Reply
    • RC @AleeD®

The minions ministrations were sufficiently severe. The pun ishment was exquisite.

May 30, 2014 at 10:09 am | Reply
  6. Turth™@JBJ, AleeD

My apologies...I was the second "Your Stuff" positing at 6:00 p.m. yesterday. Was not a troll attempt, but was rather trying to carry on the positive sentiments of your moving into a new place. I've moved, and I've ended relationships, and I can appreciate what an unholy PITA it is. No harm intended. Best wishes for the new living situation.

May 29, 2014 at 9:55 am | Reply
    • AleeD® @Turth™ Jdizz & JBJ

It's been mentioned here before, so I'll paraphrase: I'll bet Kat & Ko get a real laugh out of watching us unknowingly spoof on each other.

May 29, 2014 at 11:00 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Turth

No problemo my friend! I didn't think it was bad enough to be trollish (new WOD) in my opinion. And thanks for the well wishes! Now, my temporary home away from home will have a fridge, microwave, and a 2 burner stove, no oven....so what quick meals can I make with that!? I use my grill and oven more than the microwave and stove top, oh and it's elecrtic burners not gas, boo.

May 29, 2014 at 11:02 am | Reply
      • RC @™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Oh come on. You know it doesn't get any better than Totinos' Pizza Rolls. Microwave heaven........

May 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RC

I don't think I've had those since there was a 2 in front of my age....but I may be reduced to that!

May 29, 2014 at 12:28 pm |
    • you sound

And alee is still a ho

May 29, 2014 at 4:04 pm | Reply
      • you sound

like an idiot, school finally got out??

May 29, 2014 at 4:10 pm | Reply
  7. Sir Biddle

Happy Phlem Thursday curiosity of the Lil Biddle Disease Vectors. How is everyone? Looks like there were some interesting visitors here this week.

May 29, 2014 at 9:34 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Eww, but I prefer to refer to them as Germ Vectors instead of 'disease'! Feel better.

May 29, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @Diseased HorseBeast

There was a troll in here. Now we've taken on cracking on each other for fun.

May 29, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Alley Slag and The Jinggle

Nothing Sudafed and a box of tissues can't solve.

How is the golf ball er I mean baseball – have you had it bronzed yet?

May 29, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Reply
      • AleeD® @ HorseBiddle

HA! No bronzing 'cuz it wasn't the first baseball they found. If we keep this up, in another 7 years, we'll probably have to go back in and spelunk another one out. I told the doc if there was a 3rd surgery for something like this, I'd make him put in a zipper.

Good to know pseudo-fed cures what ails ya. That reminds me, I need to bleach my monitor .....

May 30, 2014 at 6:48 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Rumor has it keyboards and the kitchen sink are dirtier than Jerv's favorite video booth at DDD.

May 30, 2014 at 8:32 am |
        • Jerv@SirB

LM AO! So dirty my shoes stick to the floor.
          How have you been?

May 30, 2014 at 9:11 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Jerv

Trucking along and just keeping my head above water most days. Headed camping this weekend with the wild bunch. Likely bring home poison ivy, bugs bites and an errant raccoon back with us but it will be fun either way.

May 30, 2014 at 9:45 am |
        • Jerv@SirB

I love it, dude. Watch out for AleeD. : )

May 30, 2014 at 2:55 pm |
  8. Mary Shannon

Good morning! I added a new FB friend yesterday, someone right here on this very blog....that makes 2 connections from here into the "real world" via FB, and others via email.

This has been a very busy, very crazy week for me. Tomorrow is Dad's moving day back to his house, and I've been busy getting ready. I'm taking a cake to the assisted living place today so he can thank all the nice people who've taken good care of him over the past 6 months.

Wish us luck with the move!!!

May 29, 2014 at 9:34 am | Reply
    • TNT

Nice of you to take them cake, I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
      Did ya get your shopping fix in at the mall?

May 29, 2014 at 9:38 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Yes, I did. Unfortunately when I got around to unpacking my puchases last evening I discovered that one blouse I purchased wasn't in the bag....arrgghh. I need to see if I was charged for it, and if so, try to fit in time to go back. Did you get your fingers and toes prettied up? I found time for a pedicure myself.

May 29, 2014 at 9:51 am | Reply
        • TNT

Oh no! I hope you didn't get charged, what a hassle.
          No, I didn't get my fingers & toes pretty. I got beach sand on them, instead! 😃
          I think it's cool that y'all are friends outside of the lounge. Seems to be a good group of people here!

May 29, 2014 at 12:30 pm |
    • RC @M.S.

Glad to here your Dad's coming home. It make a world of difference being in your own environment.
      Best wishes!

May 29, 2014 at 10:27 am | Reply
      • RC @myself

"makes"

May 29, 2014 at 10:28 am | Reply
        • AleeD® @RC & yourself

Talking to yourself, eh? Would you like some time with yourself in the dungeon? We have a 2pm, um slot, available.

May 29, 2014 at 10:57 am |
        • RC @AleeDeMisstress®

Yes we would please!

May 29, 2014 at 12:10 pm |
        • AleeD® @ RC self-deprecating slave

Then so shall it be. Unfortunately for both of us, I have leave at 1:30 to meet with my, uh, toy ... vendor. Take heart in the fact that my minions are very well-trained and will give you the self-deprecating pun ishment you so desperately deserve. Scream as loud as you like as the dungeon is sound-proof.

May 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

I've connected via FB now with two of us and I've seen Jdizz' FB page but didn't send friend request because he is waaaay cooler than me and I didn't want to embarass him! Ha ha

May 29, 2014 at 11:05 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

OH, and I think I am the one and ONLY person here to meet TWO Klatsch members in person....still waiting for my Eatocracy cutting board as a prize for that one. :)

May 29, 2014 at 11:09 am | Reply
  9. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Now you've got mail...

May 29, 2014 at 8:47 am | Reply
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Waaaay ahead of you. :) And back atcha, too.

May 29, 2014 at 8:57 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

To answer your other question about the BOB...RH posted his resuarant review about Matt's El Rancho in Austin last August..I'm not having luck searching for the link tho.

May 29, 2014 at 11:07 am | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@

Found it! http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/08/19/coffee-klatsch-656/

May 29, 2014 at 11:15 am |
        • AleeD® @JBJ

HA! I've been looking for that thread. That's the same one that Horsebeast introduced us all to Slagbuckets. Cool!

May 29, 2014 at 12:16 pm |
        • RC @™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Just went back and read both your reviews. Good stuff!

May 29, 2014 at 12:55 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Now there are two words you don't hear together very often...horsebeasts and slagbuckets! I liked Kat's response when RH posted there was a secret meeting of the CK in Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

May 29, 2014 at 2:22 pm |
  10. TNT

Good morning! For being a long weekend, it sure did go quickly. Did plenty of grilling, tho! (kabobs were excellent, AleeD. Thanks again for that idea!)
    JBJ, Sounds like ya need some R&R after all that work. Good luck with your move.
    RC, Happy belated (AARP called on me 2 years ago. Lol!) & congrats on gaining a son! Next thing ya know, some little person will be calling you Grandpa! Best name ever, next to Gramdma that is. (I wouldn't trade that title for anything!) 😃
    Jdizzle, Is everything ok at your Mom's?

May 29, 2014 at 7:41 am | Reply
    • TNT

"Your comment is waiting moderation"
      Now what did I say wrong? Lol!!!

May 29, 2014 at 7:42 am | Reply
      • Modbotz Wordkeeper

I don't know. Did you use any of the following?

alt!tude
        circ umvent
        C0cker Spaniel
        c0ck
        c0cktail
        compet!tion
        const!tuents
        const!tution (notice a pattern?)
        c00ter
        vib rat or
        w@nker
        W T F
        W T H

May 29, 2014 at 7:48 am | Reply
        • TNT

Yes I sure did...t!tle. Lol!
          I'm sure my comment will arrive soon. Until then, good day! 😃

May 29, 2014 at 9:01 am |
        • Trisa

Hello tnt

May 29, 2014 at 4:10 pm |
  11. Your Stuff®

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything but that, please we'll be good!

May 28, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Go f u c k yourself, troll.

May 29, 2014 at 5:53 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I realize I broke a rule, but we were all thinking it.

May 29, 2014 at 5:54 am | Reply
    • Your Stuff® @ Fake Stuff

Mimicry is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery. In your case, it's a cheap imitation. Give originality a chance.

Yeah, I broke the rule, too. We all do it occasionally. Gotta blow off stress somehow ... or other. ~_~

May 29, 2014 at 6:52 am | Reply
  12. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

So very very tired...this waking up at 3:30 am is for the birds, and I don't even think the birds wake up this early!

I thought of the positive of my new home not being ready for a few weeks! At least staying at a hotel, I won't have any thing yelling at me "pack me" "pack me" "no pack me" for 3-4 glorious weeks. Then the unpacking will commence, ugh.

May 28, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Reply
    • Your Stuff®

Pack me!!! No I want to be packed! No me! Pack me! Pack me! Pack me! Pack me! Pack me! Pack me!
      Lounge in the lap of hotel accommodations while you can. Enjoy! :)

May 28, 2014 at 3:44 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@My Stuff®

See what I mean!? I'm leaving you in cold, dartk storage, all alone with no lights on!

May 28, 2014 at 5:26 pm | Reply
        • Your Stuff®

I like cold, dark storage. It's where my mistress visits me. ~_~ BTW, you've got mail.

May 29, 2014 at 6:47 am |
  13. Jerv

I'm surprised Kat does not have a link to this from the travel section "9 of the world's most controversial foods." Very good read. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/travel/controversial-foods/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

May 28, 2014 at 10:11 am | Reply
    • RC

I know it's mostly a cultural thing, but I can't even imagine wanting to eat any of those things.

May 28, 2014 at 10:45 am | Reply
      • Jerv

I completely concur.

May 28, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®

The closest I've come to any of them is having eaten shark. The guy who caught it soaked the meat in milk, then breaded & pan fried the 2-bite nuggets of goodness.

May 29, 2014 at 7:13 am | Reply
        • RC

I've had shark many times. Mako is probably the best I've tried. It's best straight from the water to the grill, but I've eaten shark in restaurants as well. I have no problem with eating shark, as you're using most of the animal. Finning however, is just irresponsible and selfish (see what I did there?).

May 29, 2014 at 10:35 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I don't think I would even keep the Giant Ditch Frog as a pet, one ugly amphibian!

May 28, 2014 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Oh, I will. I'm just having a really busy day and Sarah is traveling.

May 28, 2014 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

My entire neighborhood is on fire in AK. Talked to my mom's last night, fortunately, no trees for 100 feet before the house.

May 28, 2014 at 9:20 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫
      May 28, 2014 at 9:21 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz

I hop mom is OK!

May 29, 2014 at 8:48 am | Reply
  15. Truth™

Good morning all...I hope everyone is having a great, if shortened week, and enjoyed a nice Memorial Day.

How is everyone doing? Wish I was there to help with the move Miss JBJ...Don't stress too much. Sometimes a move is a good time to do some purging of the old and outdated. And not just clothes.

May 28, 2014 at 8:22 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

Thanks! I just can't believe how much there is to do, especially since I've been packing for months, and purging even longer (and not just clothes)! The good news is I estimated everything purrfectly yesterday, 3 men, 1 truck, 3 hours, 10×15' unit (inside climate controlled)! Carpets look amazing, I didn't realize until they moved out stuff, that hubs never, ever, vacuumed behind or under anything, in 14 years...we live in a very dusty area and it was all there on the carpet.

Only thing left is one more load to the Veteren's Donation Center, one more trip to storage for a few items that didn't make it on the truck, cleaning lady comes Friday, then Saturday pack my suitcases and empty the fridge/freezer which is mostly barren now.

May 28, 2014 at 11:56 am | Reply
  16. Dick Longwood

Well, it looks like the kiddies are out of school this week. And right on schedule...There goes the neighborhood...Perhaps the Coffee Klatch needs a kiddie table.

May 27, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

I have a good spot for that table: right over the camouflaged trap door. It connects at a junction to the drains for the dungeon.

May 28, 2014 at 6:58 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Don't fall for it, unless you like weed-whackers.

May 28, 2014 at 9:18 am | Reply
  17. JBJingles

Movers done, yay! I can walk across the room without tripping on a box. Now to vacuum and get ready for my window washer/carpet cleaner, house cleaner coming on Friday. Am I the only one who cleans their house before moving out??

May 27, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Well ... every apartment I've moved out of I've cleaned. This is my first house. Not sure how I'll leave it when I go. I suppose it will depend on whether or not the realtor brings the luminol. ~_~

May 28, 2014 at 6:52 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Tanks for posting my name with my trademark back! Yeah I've always cleaned rentals back in the day to get that deposit back...but now not sure I should have spent $350 on windows/carpets! Oh we'll, it looks great. Question – how much do you tip movers, window/carpet cleaners/ house cleaners?

May 28, 2014 at 7:14 am | Reply
        • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

You are welcome nice lady.

I would tip 20% – in cash.

May 28, 2014 at 7:44 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Cash yes, but 20%, really? That seems high for this...

May 28, 2014 at 7:59 am |
        • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

It's what we tipped the movers when we last moved. Keep in mind, any tip would be appreciated by true professionals. Google it and see what pops up.

May 28, 2014 at 8:22 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I always tip at least 20% when it's personal (mani, pedi, hair, food server), I know hubs was a cheapazz so I'm sure my tips yesterday looked generous, but I felt like I didn't tip enough. Anyone else want to weigh in on this please??

May 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

I feel better now... :)

May 28, 2014 at 12:02 pm |
        • RichardHead

I tipped a cow once,in an Indiana corn field.

May 29, 2014 at 6:26 pm |
  18. RC @Kat

Thanks for the clean-up!

May 27, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Siiigggghhhhh. I wish it weren't necessary, but there you go. Would that we all had the spare time and wherewithal to make taking a dump on someone else's day part of our priority, but we all have our hobbies, I guess. I like gardening.

May 27, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®

Way to bring the topic back around.

May 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  19. JBJingles with a lesson for the day

Do not post anything online or on social media that you wouldn't want your mother or future employer to read. Stay Clam and Carry On!

May 27, 2014 at 11:28 am | Reply
    • Jerv

Hear, hear!
      Hope you and everyone else had a great holiday weekend. I worked but will get the time back later.

May 27, 2014 at 11:35 am | Reply
      • JBJingles

Good for you! I worked, just not at my job...packing, cleaning, and more packing. Can't wait til the boxes are gone.

May 27, 2014 at 11:43 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

I recently had a similar conversation with a friend of mine about work ethix: don't do or say anything at work that you wouldn't do or say in front of your mother.

About the other issue, please don't worry about being temporarily homeless. Rich told me you live in the best refrigerator box in the alley. :)

May 27, 2014 at 12:38 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

She's as bad as I am.

May 27, 2014 at 4:11 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles

I would think that with your obvious intelligence you would be required to attend summer school, just say in'

May 27, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles

It's an inside joke the regulars get... No, you are the one who talks about poop, which btw I know 12 year olds who don't even think that is funny. How old are you guys anyway?

May 27, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Another good one...."say it forget it, write it regret it".

May 27, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Reply
  20. JBJingles@the casa

Naw, wouldn't want to catch anything...

May 27, 2014 at 9:47 am | Reply
    • Ahh...

the infamous Marquee blog feces troll. Too bad you can't login there to post your non sense anymore. Haha!

May 27, 2014 at 10:38 am | Reply
    • Ahh...

Not a chance. By the way, you are not as anonymous as you think.

May 27, 2014 at 10:57 am | Reply
      • JBJingles@the casa

+100. I would love to know one day that these posts come back to haunt someone....

May 27, 2014 at 11:26 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@Ahh...

Why? Do you know who the troll is? Does s/he, per chance, sniff corks?

May 28, 2014 at 6:48 am | Reply
  21. JBJingles@the casa

Tell us again how mature you are...your parents must be so proud to know you post this garbage online.

May 27, 2014 at 9:25 am | Reply
  22. AleeDJ®

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2UF1xwGP4&w=640&h=390]
    And a big Congratulations to RC's newest family member!!

May 27, 2014 at 9:10 am | Reply
    • RC @ AleeDJ®

Thankee noice lady!
      It was a very special day.

May 27, 2014 at 10:32 am | Reply
  23. JBJingles@the casa

Good morning and congrats to RC! MS – yes, I say thanks every day, dad was career Army and served in Korea and was even a POW for a while...May he RIP, Movers coming in a couple of hours to put my stuff in storage, then I will be officially homeless on Saturday, sigh.

May 27, 2014 at 8:18 am | Reply
    • RC @JBJingles@the casa

Thank you, thank you!
      A salute to your father and all our service men and women.

May 27, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  24. Breaking News!™

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were married in Italy over the weekend. Las Vegas bookies are still torn between placing bets on when the divorce will be filed or when he will first beat her. Further word is that Taylor Swift declined the invite to sing at the ceremony.

May 27, 2014 at 8:10 am | Reply
    • Jerv

LM AO! I heard on the radio this morning he gave a twenty minute speech. Imagine how boring that was.

May 27, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Reply
      • The Worst Itinerant Comedian Ever

Kayne and Kim...a joke in itself.

May 27, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Reply
  25. RC

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I echo M.S.'s sentiment.
    On another note, I got my daughter married off on Saturday. It was an amazing day and one I'll never forget!
    Oh yeah, I turned 55 today......yay AARP......

May 26, 2014 at 5:09 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Happy birthday and congrats on the wedding, too. Lots of fun in one weekend!

May 27, 2014 at 9:43 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Happy birthday, ya ole faht! :) AARP had you spotted 5 years ago. Did you forget? :)

May 27, 2014 at 9:54 am | Reply
      • RC @ AleeDJ®

Aww crap..........

May 27, 2014 at 10:34 am | Reply
  26. Mary Shannon

Thanks to all who served in our military, today and always.

May 26, 2014 at 11:49 am | Reply