Coffee klatsch
May 19th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Filed under: Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. RichardHead

So Memorial Day is Monday,and your eyeing the grill…A thousand recipes twirling around in your head. Want some help ?? Well,Do YA' BUNKIE ??? Try smoking a VEGAN on the grill. When done correctly,they are mighty Tasty. Though they are thin,consider smoking two–Help the Environment !! Enjoy your weekend Kidz…I'm running in JDizzle territory--WizzzConsin. Have Fun and be Safe Everyone.

May 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  2. TNT

Morning & TGIF! I'm off today & it's a long weekend, too. Yay! Any fun plans for anyone? I plan on hanging out at this place, it seems, I rarely get to be at...home. I know, that sounds boring, but, I'm really happy about that. Lol! Now, to figure out what to grill.

May 23, 2014 at 9:39 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Enjoy!! My plans are similar, be at home. I am craving a trip to the mall for some reason, though, so I might have to indulge in a bit of shopping therapy.

May 23, 2014 at 10:43 am | Reply
      • TNT

You're thinking about the mall & I was thinking about treating myself to a mani/pedi. Lol! Seems how I have Tuesday off, (5 days in a row!) I might just hang at home & do that Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

May 23, 2014 at 11:47 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Chillin' at the casa. When you don't get to do it that often, it can feel like a vacation. Relax, & as Mary said, enjoy!

Since you'll be home, marinate some sirloin tips or chicken bressesses in your favorite marinade, then chunk up some veggies for make kabobs on the grill. I'll bring the Merlot. ;)

May 23, 2014 at 11:27 am | Reply
      • TNT

You enjoy, as well! Mmmm, kabobs. What a great idea, haven't done that in a long time! Merlot? Sure! 😃

May 23, 2014 at 11:50 am | Reply
  3. AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Youse gots mails.

May 22, 2014 at 12:57 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Mi mail is at home...no access at work per the super-duper security mods.

May 22, 2014 at 5:35 pm | Reply
  4. Sir Biddle@AleeD

OK I know I've been out for a bit but I feel like a heel for being out of the loop of your recovery. Wha happen!?

May 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Baaad Biddle

It's off to the dungeon for you – and you've got mail.

May 22, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@AleeD

Back at ya Mistress

May 22, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Reply
        • AleeD® @ Biddle

Backachoo, too!

May 22, 2014 at 3:12 pm |
  5. AleeD®

Good Morning. As I was wading thru the Lounge's swamp, I found this. Enjoy!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS1JZOAI-vo&w=640&h=390]

May 22, 2014 at 7:01 am | Reply
    • Turth™@AleeD

Morning Darlin', and thanks for one of my faves...Some good stuff there.

So are you now completely back up to speed? Many wishes for a fast and full recovery.

Seems like some of the schools have already let out. Hopefully not a sign of thing to come.

May 22, 2014 at 8:29 am | Reply
      • AleeD® @ Turth™ & Kat

Thank you for asking. I am up and running @ full speed.

Those trolls are quite challenging, aren't they? I wonder if it would be a feasible idea for Kat & Ko to bring in an intern whose function, likely among other duties, is to clean up what the trolls leave behind. It would free up the staff to do their jobs instead of being e-janitors.

Got any interesting plans for this weekend?

May 22, 2014 at 9:06 am | Reply
        • Turth™@AleeD

One of my least favorite activities...furniture shopping. Enough said.

How about you?

May 22, 2014 at 9:22 am |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™

What furniture are you looking for? A new bed? How 'bout a self-servicing, um, machine? Maybe The Rack? Stretches out the kinks and leaves one rather, uh, helpless. ~_~

So far, we're going to hit a couple of movies and a visit the new Tampa Trader Joe's. I've been to a different location once and he's a TJ's virgin. Should be interesting.

May 22, 2014 at 9:41 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

Sometimes the trolls are people who stride among us under other names and are nice sometimes. It makes it complicated because I am then hesitant to ban.

May 22, 2014 at 9:42 am |
        • Turth™@AleeD

Nah, the bed is good, but a new dresser is sorely needed. Something that can free up some closet space.

Trader Joe's is good, but I thought the one here was overrated considering that people camped out overnight to get in. But then again, Stew Leonard (google them) makes TJ's look like amateur hour...:)

Kat, I have often thought that your unique position here must feel a little like Santa Claus or God. Mercy though is always a good thing though.

May 22, 2014 at 11:56 am |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™ & Kat

Turth, you need to make room in your closet? Are you adding another person to your family?

Kat, noooooooooooooo way! Nobody here spoofs anyone else on the Eatocracy threads! Perish the thought!

Baaah-ha-ha-ha!

May 22, 2014 at 12:19 pm |
        • Turth™@AleeD

Checka you mail...

May 22, 2014 at 3:05 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™

Yoo, too.

May 22, 2014 at 3:21 pm |
        • AleeD @ Turth™

My first trip to Trader Joe's trip was a couple of months ago down in Sarasota. It was novel, looks like a tropical Aldi's for obvious reasons and I get why someone might miss it if they moved away. However I bought 6-8 items and only one was worth buying again: Gorgonzola crackers. Taking Hubby on this trip to the Tampa store may give me a different perspective. However, It's never going to replace Fresh Market for me.

Googled Stew's. Next time we're visiting hubby's family in MA or NH, we'll make an effort to go. It looks like a very stepped-up Fresh Market. Looks inviting. How would you describe it?

May 23, 2014 at 7:08 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Kat

Interesting. I was always under the assumption that a blue linked username was posted from a mobile device. And since that's rare amongst us regulars, I never would have guessed.

Blame me, it's me. I did it. lol =p j/k

May 23, 2014 at 9:13 am |
      • TNT

Uh oh, I post in blue & being the new one...it's not me.

May 23, 2014 at 9:54 am | Reply
  6. Cletus

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW – pusssy!!!! 'Merica!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

May 21, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Reply
  7. Truth™

Lunch today was a chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. Does life get any better?

May 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm | Reply
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Only with corn bread.

May 21, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Reply
  8. luziass46

Reblogged this on luziass46.

May 21, 2014 at 9:04 am | Reply
  9. Upleb

quit licking it and it'll smell better, well better than your mouth anyway.

May 21, 2014 at 1:37 am | Reply
  10. ∞ Weeds ∞

Google Translate experiment. Test phrase: Kitten with a whip
    1st translation into french: Chaton avec un fouet (okay)
    2nd into Spanish: Como en una pesadilla (problem already)
    3rd back into English: As in a nightmare (still significant :)

May 20, 2014 at 3:25 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@malas hierbas

It did fine in Spanish until you put the whip in it! LOL gatito con un...

May 20, 2014 at 3:39 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@malas hierbas

Darn moderators!
      It did fine in Spanish until you put the whip in it! LOL gat ito con un...

May 20, 2014 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  11. Mary Shannon

Good morning! I echo Truth's comments about the weekend, very nice time, calm, fun, no drama, no tension.....just wonderful. The furries enjoyed reconnecting with their Uncle, too and were very welcoming and affectionate with him.

Now we're back to reality....have a good week, all.

May 20, 2014 at 9:34 am | Reply
  12. TNT

JBJingles, I didn't know Pampered Chef made spices. I haven't been to one of those parties in forever. I get Tastefully Simple Italian seasoning, it makes the best garlic bread ever! Give it a try sometime. 😃

May 20, 2014 at 8:42 am | Reply
    • TNT

Oh man! Monitored again. I forget spi ce is not allowed. Your (JBJ) message should appear shortly. Lol!

May 20, 2014 at 8:44 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TNT

Never seen the tastefully simple ones? My daughter's do the PC once in a while and I stock up on the Italian one, sooo good.

May 20, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Reply
      • TNT

Howdy! When they 1st started out (TS), they were known for their beer bread. They carry many things besides spi ces. All of the spi ces come with recipes for great cracker spreads or veggie dips. (besides using for cooking) My fave is the Italian spi ce. Mixed with butter, best garlic bread ever! They have a website. Just search tastefully simple & check out their products. 😛

May 21, 2014 at 10:49 am | Reply
      • TNT

Wow! I just looked at PC site, they have a lot more stuff since I've looked at their catalog! It was all kitchenware the last time I was at a party. Lol!

May 21, 2014 at 11:45 am | Reply
  13. Truth™

Good morning all. Back after a long weekend with the family. Had a very nice time, and find myself not wanting to get back to the routine.

Cherish your loved ones, whomever they may be. Life is short, and far too fleeting.

May 20, 2014 at 8:25 am | Reply
    • TNT

Truth, I couldn't agree more! We have an illness in our family that's taking it's toll on all involved. We just never know what "cards we're dealt" & should treasure every moment with loved ones.

May 20, 2014 at 8:48 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

Welcome back and truer words have not been spoken about cherishing family...

May 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm | Reply
  14. Alee D Alarm Clock®

Wake up kiddies ...
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UtL6GDJwXQ&w=640&h=390]

May 20, 2014 at 6:24 am | Reply
  15. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Thanks, but a pain to get mail. I'll be moving into a guard gated community, safer than my gated community now, so I'll chance it on the mailbox. In other news, found some great finds at Michael's yesterday, who knew they had French inspired décor, loverly.

May 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Nice find! Have you tried HomeGoods for your decorating needs? They have an interesting cross-section of items, too.

May 19, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Reply
  16. JBJingles

Good morning klatschkies and unwanted troll. I got bored (*yawn*) playing with the troll this weekend, plus too much to do packing, shopping, then more packing. Movers are scheduled for a week from tomorrow, still need to figure out what to do with the mail...and now the spa waterfall is not working, grrrrr. Spa Man coming by today to take a look.

BTW – What is a Matt Lock?

May 19, 2014 at 11:09 am | Reply
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Another beautiful week. Keep 'em coming momma nature.
      Have post office hold mail for personal pickup while you are in between homes.

May 19, 2014 at 11:56 am | Reply
      • JBJingles@∞ Weeds ∞

Thanks for the USPS tip. As for Matt Lock, that was reference to unwanted troll's message yesterday... :D

May 19, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Reply
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

I figured as much, something a troll would sling out in frustration. Matlock was a TV series staring Andy Griffith as a crotchety attorney. Matlock is often used as slang for old person. I'd say you were agitating that troll :)

May 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm |
    • Oxford®

Mat Lock: n, hardware used to secure to one's front stoop a welcome mat.

May 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Howdy JB. Regarding the mail, have you looked into getting a P.O. Box? I've heard some single women do that for the sake of security.

May 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  17. Sir Biddle

Hey Slagbuckets. How goes everyone? Been busier than one legged man in a donkey kicking contest.

May 19, 2014 at 10:12 am | Reply
    • JBJingles@SirB

How are the lil' Biddle's doing? More important, how does your garden grow? I'm planning my first ever container garden when I get into my new place...

May 19, 2014 at 12:22 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle

We just found out last week that Biddle #2 has grown out of his allergies. A huge leap forward and so glad to hear as it makes things so much smoother. Never realized how different things would be when you have to exclude certain foods from a diet. The full garden went in yesterday. Tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, squash, cukes peppers, egg plant, basil, and some mystery plants that self seeds from last year that I'll be curious what comes of them.

May 19, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Eggscellent news on lil' Biddle #2!

I don't like tomatoes r zucchini, so I'm going to attempt leeks, shallots, carrots, some peppers, cukes, fingerling potatoes, garlic, fennel, and thyme, basil, parsley. Not sure about the critter population at the new place, but I've seen ground squirrels (to give a whirl), gophers, and the ever present coyotes (who like grapes btw).

May 19, 2014 at 2:33 pm |
  18. Unwelcome Troll

Waaaaaaazzzzzuuuuuuuuppppp?????????

May 19, 2014 at 8:51 am | Reply
    • TNT

Another Monday, need I say more? Lol!

May 19, 2014 at 9:26 am | Reply
  19. TNT

Morning all! Why is it the weekdays are so long & the weekends go so quick? sigh

May 19, 2014 at 8:03 am | Reply
  20. RichardHead

Good Monday Morning Kidz from small town Durant,OK. If anyone needs a reason to PARTY-How about 45,193 lbs of BudLight sitting in my trailer ?? Oh Yeah….Hopefully I'll be unloaded soon and on my way to Nebraska. Hope everyone had a Great Weekend and that Truth made it to Ms.P's house safely. @JBJ–SAVE THE MUSTARD :))

May 19, 2014 at 6:46 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@ RichBro & all the Klatschers

Norming Bro'. Rough weekend; bad dreams and an infection on the cottage cheese thread – or is that redundant?

Math QOD: If a truckload of BudLight weighs 45k+ lbs, how much does a load of regular Bud weigh?

May 19, 2014 at 6:55 am | Reply
      • TNT

Math QOD...lol!

May 19, 2014 at 8:04 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

An ounce

May 19, 2014 at 9:08 am | Reply
        • TNT

(snickering) What is that in grams?

May 19, 2014 at 9:25 am |
        • RC @TNT

28.349523

May 19, 2014 at 10:35 am |
        • Turth

No, I cannot send you an ounce....wish I could...

May 20, 2014 at 7:07 am |
        • TNT

RC, I think they should just round that up to 29. Lol!
          (I think Jdizzle McHammerpants would agree, too)

May 20, 2014 at 8:13 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Good morning! Yes, Truth arrived safely after a flight delay, we had a great weekend, our Dad was really happy to have both his kids in one place. We honored Mom yesterday and then had a good meal with our cousins. For those on FB who need a laugh, see my post yesterday with Dad's first selfie.

May 19, 2014 at 7:36 am | Reply
    • JBJingles@RH

If you need to lighten that load, let me know...I can take a 12 pack off your hands. Sadly mustard needs refrigeration, although hotel will have a small one, nothing to put said mustard on...no stove, no microwave, no nothin'.

May 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
      • AleeD® @ ∞ Weeds ∞

Excuse me. What was that last?
        Google translation = simply fits win. No help there.

May 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Reply
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

That is what I though was Latin for
          Improvise, Overcome, Adapt

May 19, 2014 at 1:39 pm |
        • AleeD® @ ∞ Weeds ∞

Interesting. It may be what that means and Google Translate sucks a large, green, donkey pr0ng.

May 19, 2014 at 3:05 pm |
        • ∞ Weeds ∞

I wouldn't be too surprised. When I've used Google translate to try to communicate to friends in their native language I've have moderate success but often been met with befuddlement to down right laughter. Even with Spanish translations. My conclusion is language is far mor complicated than it sounds.

May 19, 2014 at 3:28 pm |