Coffee klatsch
May 12th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Mr. Bob Dobalina

Never mind the furthermore, the plea is self defense.

May 16, 2014 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  2. JBJingles@WWKD

Looks like I'm soon to be homeless, so I have a questions for the What Would Klatschers Do...I'll be moving out of my house in about a week and new place won't be ready for 2-3 weeks approx. so I'll be in a hotel for 10+ days or so.

Packing up the kitchen and want to empty the spyce/oils/vinegars cabinet. WWKD – What spyces could you not live without for week? I'll keep those out until the last moment. Thanks!

May 16, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Reply
    • RC

Well, there's the obvious ones like salt and pepper. I think I'd keep granulated garlic (though fresh is always better), minced onion, paprika, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and maybe some allspice.

May 16, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@JBJ

The answer-salt,pepper,Saigon cinnamon and red pepper flakes. BTW–left you an answer somewhere on this page. I 'm surprised AleeD didn't jump on it–:))

May 16, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@RH

Welcome back/home! Where where?? I've seen the other comments unless you were incognito...

May 16, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Reply
        • RichardHead@JBJ

Sitting in Cheyenne,WY–the Real Wild,Wild West.Taking a day off 'cuz i gotz a cold and because I CAN. :))

May 16, 2014 at 2:38 pm |
      • AleeD from Home Sweet Home® @ JBJ & RichHd

Look out beloooooow!

May 16, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@WWKD

OK, here's what won out: Garlic Salt, Peppercorn grinder, Canadian Steak Seasoning, a can of Spam, my olive oil bottle/dispenser thingy, and Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning (the best in the world IMHO). Now on to the vinegar/condiment cabinet...

May 16, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@WWKD

Make that a can of PAM spray! o.O

May 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  3. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

What's wrong with humans?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPjUyVtTQw&w=640&h=390]

May 16, 2014 at 7:47 am | Reply
  4. AleeD®

Took a nice-sized chunk of flesh out of my little finger this morning. Do you know how hard it is to type with a bandage on your pinky?

BTW, TGIF. :)

May 16, 2014 at 7:26 am | Reply
    • JBJingles from the casa

Ouch! Yes, pinkies are important in typing, not as much in cooking. How did this happen?? And yes, insomnia has hit the left coast, maybe it's the full moon...

May 16, 2014 at 7:46 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Youch! Yes, it hurts a lot. I cut the base of my thumb about a month ago and its still not right. Best of luck!

May 16, 2014 at 11:52 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@My 'Sista

When replacing batteries in your favorite toy,please keep all pinkies pointed upward.

May 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Reply
      • AleeD from Home Sweet Home® @ RichHd

Battery installation via tea drinking position. Thanks for the head

's up.

May 16, 2014 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  5. Morlock

My balls itch. :(

May 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Reply
    • Morlock's Mother

Yes, they do.

May 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Reply
    • Weena

My cootch is itchy. What did you give me?

May 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Reply
      • Little Birdie

Chirpies

May 15, 2014 at 3:09 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@Kat

Clean up on aisle 9 please... :)

May 16, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Reply
      • Awww...

^ whiny-aśś bïtch got offended, and tattled to mommy. :(

May 16, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Reply
        • JBJingles

What happened, did they kick your azz off the Marquee Troll Blog?

May 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm |
        • BJDingleberry

No. More fun fûcking with you food losers over here.

May 16, 2014 at 4:29 pm |
        • JBJingles

Grandma's calling you up from the basement...time for din din

May 16, 2014 at 5:53 pm |
        • LOL (not)

Ah, the old 'basement dweller' insult. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

May 16, 2014 at 6:04 pm |
        • Snuffleuppagus

Truth hurts – when he has a mind to.

May 16, 2014 at 6:07 pm |
        • Shakespeare

Truth might hurt were it so. Alas, it is not.

May 16, 2014 at 7:53 pm |
        • JBJingles

No, but I do picture you as a pimple faced teen sitting in your room trying to bully people online because I refuse to believe an adult could post such nonsense...have fun at the mall today. :D

May 17, 2014 at 9:06 am |
        • Wrong again..,

Stooge. Believe what you like, but you're wrong, wrong, wrong. Have fun watching Matlock reruns.

May 17, 2014 at 4:23 pm |
    • Thinking things through

Ummm. TMI.

Carry on. Umm.

May 16, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Reply
  6. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Anyone see the hero cat video?

May 15, 2014 at 9:24 am | Reply
    • TNT

I did. Someone give that cat some nip! That dog would have done some serious damage to that little boy. Thankfully, they decided to keep that cat!

May 15, 2014 at 10:10 am | Reply
      • Truth™

I showed the clip to mine and he looked at me and yawned...

May 15, 2014 at 11:14 am | Reply
    • Thinking things through

Awesome cat video - and it turns out the kid's mother who "apparently" abandoned the child in the video was off to stave off another potential dog attack, since that creature might return. Humans, though, aren't as fast as cats.

May 16, 2014 at 8:38 pm | Reply
  7. Truth™

Good morning all, and two words describe this weekend:
    ROAD TRIP!

Will be VERY nice to get out of Denver (nods to Bob Seger)

How is everyone doing these days? Has brother RichHead weighed in yet on the BBQ thread? I would think he would be all over that one...

May 15, 2014 at 8:41 am | Reply
  8. AleeD®

Got a 1/4" of rain yesterday. More is on it's way today. Must be Summertime in Floridor.

May 15, 2014 at 7:16 am | Reply
    • RC @AleeD®

Remember dat code you had in your doze? Now I gotz it. Just friggin great.........

May 15, 2014 at 10:28 am | Reply
      • AleeD® @ RC

Holy blown noses, Batman. That took a long time to get to you from here. That is one well-traveled doze.

May 15, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Reply
        • RC @ AleeD®

Yup. Takes a code a long tibe to get to Wa. frub Fl. BTW, you can hab it back anytibe.

May 16, 2014 at 10:27 am |
  9. Breaking News®

Radio icon Casey Kasem has been found in Washington state, a representative for his daughter told CNN late Wednesday night. "We have received confirmation that Casey Kasem has been found in Washington state," said Danny Deraney, who represents Kerri Kasem. "The family has grave concerns about his medical care. The Kasem family will do everything in their power to bring their father home."

You may now resume your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

May 15, 2014 at 7:13 am | Reply
  10. JBJingles@TNT

Not the start of the catalog, but some fun stuff this same week in 2011...a fun list posted by SirB on this one, but I think it might be moderated nowadays...

May 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Retro JBJ

Good times.

May 15, 2014 at 6:41 am | Reply
    • TNT

2011? You guys have been chatting for a long time. I think that's just great!
      I will, defiantly, check that out. Thanks!

May 15, 2014 at 8:57 am | Reply
    • TNT

Oh man, those were good! I'll never remember all of them, but, good laugh!

May 15, 2014 at 10:06 am | Reply
  11. TNT

Lol! Send me one of those catalogs!
    (How long did it take to come up with that? I need that much free time!)

May 14, 2014 at 11:57 am | Reply
    • Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog

That is the catalog. I could use that much spare time, too.

May 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@TNT

Those were some fun times, it started out small and we kept expanding it...kind of like the modbotz list. Give Squirrel a Whirl and Whirled Peas I think were some posts a while back. Would be fun to look back at when we started the catalog, but have no idea on dates.

May 14, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Reply
      • Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog

There are some reference dates towards the end of the catalog.

May 14, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Reply
      • TNT

That's too funny! I'll be laid up in the near future & will have time to go back & look. It will be a good laugh, I'm sure! 😃 Thanks, JBJingles!

May 14, 2014 at 1:23 pm | Reply
      • Kat Kinsman

Hrm...I'll see if I can do a search. Hang on.

May 14, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Reply
  12. JBJingles@AleeD

GGF – our new word/phrase for the commando thing, I'll let you figure out what it stands for! :)

May 14, 2014 at 10:49 am | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Commando Word Raid

Girls
      Go
      Free

May 14, 2014 at 10:55 am | Reply
      • JBJingles@AleeD

I was thinking Girls Gone Free, but they both work...other option is TGF (kinda like TGIF) tatas gone free LOL

May 14, 2014 at 11:27 am | Reply
      • AleeD® @ JBJ

How bout going "Cheetah"? They're justa swangin ...

May 14, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Reply
  13. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Looks like I missed some fun here yesterday...work, work.

Getting ready for a visit this weekend....Truth is coming to town! Yay...its been a year since we"ve spent time together and I'm really looking forward to it.

May 14, 2014 at 9:06 am | Reply
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

sweet. my first advertisement drive by on Eatocracy ever. mark this day on the calendar.

May 13, 2014 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  15. Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog

For the low, low price of $29.99, you can create your own
    KREATIVE KLATSCHER KIT!
    Select 5 from our extensive list of products for only $29.99 (plus shipping & handling) for you & your friends!
    Select from ...
    1. WWKD (What Would Klatschers Do?) bracelets, rings, necklaces, body jewelry (lead-free guaranteed)
    2. "Keep Clam & Klatsch On!"
    .....posters
    .....aprons
    .....t-shirts
    .....bandanas (for pets, too)
    .....potholders
    .....dish towels
    .....bedding
    3. Eatocracy Kutting Boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Klatsch cookware
    5. Klatsch dishes and flatware
    6. Eatocracy Pet products
    .....food dishes
    .....water dishes
    .....chew toys
    .....collars (also see item 14)

And NOW! For a limited time only!!!! Special Editions of the
    7. Men of Eatocracy Calendars
    8. Women of Eatocracy Calendars

Butt weight! There's more!!
    9a. Eatocracy Codpieces
    9b. Eatocracy Home Vasectomy in a Can
    10. Klatsch Thongs (in styles for both he AND she)
    11. Klatsch feminine hygiene products (sorry, only hers)
    12. Klatsch Kups for Men
    13. Klatsch Shortee robes for Men
    14. Klatsch Dungeon accessories (mustbeaminimumof18yearsoldwithanapprovedcreditcardtoviewthissection)

Fill your cart and submit … your order NOW!
    Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog Supplement
    !!!SPECIAL SALE!!!
    With every WWKD bracelet sold, you get a free matching SPORK! Sharpen it, polish it, look your best while wielding your very own Klatscher SPORK.

Latest addition: TI TANIUM Sporks
    T-Shirts Slogans:
    No (red circle with diagonal line through it) "Tree Huggin, Bunny Thumpin, Vegans"
    "All I want is Whirled Peas"
    "I like my Flamenon Rare"
    Hi-heat Spatulae
    Whirl-a-Squirrel Fridge Magnet
    Copper Sporks
    Copper WWKD bracelet
    Aprons:
    Full, knee-length apron. Similar to the one Rich wears when he's not naked grilling. He says it helps keep the embers off his felt codpiece.
    Pink, leopard print eye-patches

Item 14 Sub-category:
    The mini. They're made from the same pattern as the Creepy Pedo robe (item 13), the Sassy French Maid & the Na ug hty School Girl outfits. The latter are both offered in the item 14 sub-category.
    Felt codpieces
    Furry codpieces
    Pullet Please Neon Condoms-They Glow in the Dark
    colors: tangerine
    key lime
    whipped cream white (best viewed under black light)
    Clockwork Orange Soomka clothing (reference posts on 4/6/12)
    REQUESTED COLORS
    camo
    pink camo
    hot pink
    pink slime
    blue raspberry (new)
    pink raspberry (new)
    lemonade (new)

The Official Klatscher Motto: "We're not just a blog, but a collection of people with WAY too much free time on our hands"

May 13, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Reply
    • RC

"but a collection of people with WAY too much free time on our hands"
      I was just gonna suggest that........

May 13, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Reply
      • Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog @ RC

There was a time when, um, time was plentiful. Now ... not so much. Fortunately it is now just a case of maintenance.

May 13, 2014 at 2:43 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Does wooly jockstrap come in steel wool?

May 13, 2014 at 3:06 pm | Reply
      • Klatsch Products, Unlimited, LLC Catalog @ Mr. McHammerpants ♫♫

Special orders are always accepted.

May 13, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@KP Unlimited

Well done, good memories here!! Put a smile on my face on an otherwise blazing hot day.

May 13, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Reply
    • Thinking things through

NOW, I really see why those two people are holding their faces in their hands...

May 13, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Reply
    • Uncle Scuzzy

Uhm, got a question.

Just met a nice girl, and I want to set the mood...what color hood and b@pkg@g would you suggest? I want her to know I am serious about her...Uhm.

May 13, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Reply
    • Sunflower

I'm a tree hugging, bunny thumping liberal vegan. What have you got for my crowd?

May 13, 2014 at 9:27 pm | Reply
      • RC

Blatant derision.

May 14, 2014 at 10:32 am | Reply
  16. JBJingles

Happy Tootsday (nod to RH) everyone!

OK, so I'm looking for a new cutting board for my new home (my current ones are at least 14 years old and have seen better days)...any ideas? Bamboo, plastic, butcher block, Eatocracy?? (hint hint)

May 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Play-doh. 1. That way, you have something to play with then you're finished cutting and b) it adds a distinct flavor to your meals.

May 13, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@AleeD

Well that was a big help... How are you feeling? All healed up?

May 13, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Reply
        • AleeD® @ JBJingles

All healed up and ready to go. Thanks for askin'.
          Who you callin' wise guy?

May 14, 2014 at 6:40 am |
    • Dog Lover@JBJ

I need to get new collars for my four legged friends. If only there was a place we could find all of these products in one catalog...

May 13, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

You've got mail.

May 13, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@Wise Guy

I was looking for real home cook/chefs opinions on cutting boards...a lot of talk on wood vs. plastic, etc. Now, if anyone really has way too much time on their hands, can you help me find this bed?

I've been searching the internets for a week or more and not having much luck. thankyouverymuch

May 13, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Reply
    • ∞ Weeds∞

I have 3 bamboo boards. Two are cheap ones and spared no abuse. So far they have survived an over night soaking and a couple of hot pans right off the burner placed on them with no ill effects. They seem to hold some vegetables in place better when cutting than the plastic ones, I'd call them more toothy. I like them.
      I have many plastic cutting boards. They are my work horses. Just don't use them as a hot pad/ trivet and they will do fine. They are a little slippery on my counter surface but a couple of silicon hot pads or a kitchen towel placed underneath them makes them well behaved.
      My favorite is a heavy 2 inch thick maple butcher block board. Its mass makes it a little unwieldy but it takes a heavy knife and a meat cleaver better than the rest. It's the go to board when you have to hammer out thin cutlets. I'll often use it as a stand for my other boards as it is stable and puts my knife at just the right cutting height and this way I am not constantly cleaning that heavy thing during prep.

May 13, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

My pops made some pretty sweet cutting boards back in the day. Nice butcher block type stuff. Worked at a place literally called Doors and Windows so spare wood was plentiful. Made many things out of that stuff.

Including a paddle that would make Jesus shake. =(

May 13, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Reply
        • RC @Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

"Including a paddle that would make Jesus shake."

Oh Lord does THAT bring back memories.......

May 14, 2014 at 10:38 am |
      • JBJingles@∞ Weeds∞

Ah thank you! I was thinking bamboo, but good thought on also having the heavy duty butcher block for the um pounding of the meat! I love tenderizing chicken breasteses by pounding out thin cutlets before cooking.

May 13, 2014 at 6:22 pm | Reply
        • AleeD from Home Sweet Home® @ JBJ & RichHd

Ahhh. The pounding of the meat. Sure fire way to put a smile on many faces. ~_~
          Handling the big bamboo isn't ... hard ... to take either. ~_~

May 16, 2014 at 3:36 pm |
  17. Bill Cosby

With the fizzum fazzum and the bizzle bazzle and errbody walkin' and nobody talkin' and the thing with the face and the Jello pudding pops...

May 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yeah, buddy. Think that was a scene in Family Guy, wasn't it?

May 12, 2014 at 3:20 pm | Reply
      • Mushmouth

Waba hapbin, Fatba Alburtt?

May 12, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  18. JBJingles

Hola! We are heading into a scorching week with a forecast of 1oh1 on Thursday. Break out the kiddie pools please.

May 12, 2014 at 11:33 am | Reply
    • Weeds

You can keep the heat. I'm heading way north for the summer. In cool weather you can always add another layer but in the heat of a southern summer, there is only so much you can take off with getting arrested.

May 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Reply
      • Weeds

without, not with

May 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm | Reply
        • The Beatles

Within You, Without You

May 15, 2014 at 2:49 pm |
    • AleeD®@JBSingles

101? Mui Caliente! Eso apesta! Mantener fresco, mi amiga!

May 13, 2014 at 7:55 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Let the chi-chis be free, then.

May 13, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Reply
  19. RichardHead

Good Morning Kidz from a Beautiful Auborn Washington…Who says it rains all the time in Seattle?? Nice mountains on the way up and down–Big Blue is better than ever,and it's a Great Day.
    At JBJ–You've got Mail and a Present…Enjoy. Be Safe Everyone…I'm gonna work on my tan while getting unloaded. :))

May 12, 2014 at 11:31 am | Reply
    • JBJingles@RH

Mail, check, present, not yet... If you happen across some Cougar Gold White cheddah, you must give it a try! Be safe.

May 12, 2014 at 11:39 am | Reply
    • Weeds

Hey Big Guy,
      They having a saying in in that neck of the woods; People don't tan, they rust.

May 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@RH

Very cool present my Bestest Food Friend (BFF)! A truck size winged pig hood ornament, perfect for my new grill when I get it, or the worlds largest and heaviest paper weight...LOL Now about that keychain...not sure what to do with that one! Thank you.

May 12, 2014 at 6:07 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

I would have loved to seen your face when you opened up the keychain-only a Real,Strong Woman can handle a Gold Bull Balls Key chain. I remember you saying that you collected pigs and when I saw that at Iowa 80 I knew it belonged to you. Happy Birthday and your Welcome.

May 12, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Reply
    • RC @RH

Welcome to my neck of the woods. You couldn't have come at a better time. The weather is awesome right now. Enjoy it while you can and rock that tan!

May 13, 2014 at 10:23 am | Reply
  20. Gross

I like his sweater. L.L. Bean?

May 12, 2014 at 11:04 am | Reply
  21. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Sunny Sunday here, and today too. Sorry Truth had to deal with late spring snowfall, but they do need the water. I hope all the mothers here (human and furry alike) enjoyed their day.

May 12, 2014 at 9:40 am | Reply
    • ConMeo

I can haz cheezeburger Auntie?

May 12, 2014 at 9:50 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

You can haz anything you want, sweet kitty....tell your Daddy I said so.

May 12, 2014 at 11:13 am | Reply
  22. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

^ The general public's reaction to anything Sarah Palin says

May 12, 2014 at 8:53 am | Reply
    • TNT

Lol!

May 12, 2014 at 9:17 am | Reply
    • JellyBean

Palintwit will love this comment.

May 12, 2014 at 9:32 am | Reply
  23. Photo Captain®

"Was that you or the dog?"

"It was me."

May 12, 2014 at 6:41 am | Reply
    • No, No, No

That pic says, "Oh, gawd, that stupid waiter gave us decaf!

May 12, 2014 at 9:01 am | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Or possibly heartburn.

May 12, 2014 at 9:11 am | Reply
    • TNT

Or possibly, "pregnant?"

May 12, 2014 at 9:16 am | Reply
    • El Disgusto

It looks like the 'before' section of an erectile disfunction ad.

May 12, 2014 at 10:06 am | Reply
    • Thinking things through

They're in the Witness Protection Program.

May 13, 2014 at 6:39 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

No Need. Was the dog.

May 13, 2014 at 11:21 am | Reply
  24. Photo Caption

But it all seemed so harmless when she found her high school sweetheart on FaceBook...

May 12, 2014 at 6:33 am | Reply