Coffee klatsch
May 5th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

May 8, 2014 at 3:25 pm | Reply
    • Truth™

Everybody's getting into the act...

May 8, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Reply
  2. Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man

Why didn't I think of that? I'm currently growing croutons in my border garden.

May 8, 2014 at 10:30 am | Reply
    • RC

Lol! I could never get 'em to sprout.......

May 8, 2014 at 10:45 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

What did you plant to get croutons? I know when you plant Cheerios, you'll get garden-fresh bagels ....

May 8, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Reply
  3. RC

Happy S.H.I.T. Day everyone! Another week almost gone and it's been a long one. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Time to fire up the smoker. Maybe a brisket? Also finishing up the raised garden so I can grow my own salad ;)

May 8, 2014 at 10:20 am | Reply
  4. AleeD from Home Sweet Home

Doing a security scan on my PC. For tonite's excitement, I'll go watch some paint dry.

May 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Aaaahhh yes, life in the fast lane.......

May 9, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  5. Mary Shannon

Hi, everyone. Looks like its a little cleaner in here now, great work, Kat.

Anything new? We had a case of dumb criminal around here yesterday. Guy filled his car up with gas, paid but forgot his wallet. Nice person finds said wallet, opens it and finds illegal substance stashed inside wallet. Calls police, who return wallet and arrest guy.

May 7, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Reply
    • Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man

At least he got his wallet back; I'm sure that made him happy. I hate it when I lose my wallet.

May 7, 2014 at 2:55 pm | Reply
    • Thinking things through

Guy could always claim, "oh, that wasn't in there when I lost the wallet! Someone's trying to frame me!"

May 7, 2014 at 4:40 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yep. And what kind of douche bag does that crap?

May 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  6. JBJingles

Ahh, this is better! I stopped by yesterday and saw the mess and left. Just glad my post from Monday didn't take, too personal for the kind of spew flowing yesterday.

Now, Himalyan Pink Sea Salt, yes or no? I need ideas on what to do with some I got from mom please...

May 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Reply
    • Thinking things through

I love my pink Himalyan salt. I grind it as desired on meats and roasted veggies. Either before or after the cooking. Since it costs more, I use it more often on fancier dishes, but since you got it as a gift, your miles may vary.

May 7, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Reply
    • AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

Definitely yes. My bro-in-law experiments with different salts and this is one he recommends.

May 7, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Reply
  7. Cameron

Three cheers for Katty Kin. All the klatschies are safe and sound now, from those mean ol' trolls.

May 7, 2014 at 12:52 pm | Reply
  8. Kat Kinsman

Siggghhhhh. This is what we get for leaving our desks and going out into the world reporting. I'll get the mop.

May 7, 2014 at 10:10 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Thanks Kat.

May 7, 2014 at 11:24 am | Reply
    • Truth™

Ain't it nice to be needed?

May 7, 2014 at 11:38 am | Reply
      • AleeD®

I prefer being kneaded. ~_~

May 7, 2014 at 11:40 am | Reply
        • RC @AleeD®

Sure beats being kneed O_o

May 7, 2014 at 11:47 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

lol

May 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm |
    • Thinking things through

I missed the excitement, which is probably just as well.

May 7, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  9. Shirley U. Jest

I've always considered her doing that a violation of the 1st amendment, censuring free speech, if you like it or hate it, is very bad. mmmkay.

May 6, 2014 at 10:04 pm | Reply
    • +

Nobody cares what you think.

May 7, 2014 at 6:44 am | Reply
    • Bugger

You take care of your house your way – the editors will take care of their house their way.

May 7, 2014 at 7:15 am | Reply
    • Thinking things through

I figure if someone sprays grafitti on my personal physical home, I have the right to remove it. This web site may be out in the public, but it is still private property.

May 7, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Reply
  10. Shiley U. Jest

Ohhhh.... The Eatocracy of it all!

May 6, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  11. It was nice while it lasted

Well, it looks like this neighborhood is going downhill...

May 5, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Nice

Sometimes the last person out leaves the Lounge door unlocked and *poop* out come the trolls. S'ok. The editors usually take care of them when they get unruly. >;->

May 6, 2014 at 7:11 am | Reply
  12. Mary Shannon

My weekend in a word: FLOWERS. I started slow on Saturday, just a few plants, but then Sunday I went crazy. My deck and front yard will be purty.

May 5, 2014 at 8:39 am | Reply
    • Christopher Walken

Flowers don't scare me. Marsupials do.

May 5, 2014 at 9:15 am | Reply
  13. RichardHead

Good Monday Morning Kidz….Hope everyone had a Great weekend. My last day of Freedom before getting back behind the wheel of Big Blue. So after getting stuck in the Yankee Triangle for 2 weeks,the shop called me yesterday and gave me the Bad News regarding Big Blues injures….New shocks,a ruptured air bag,a cracked leaf spring and all of this thanks to New York City roads. Jeez,you get $80.00 per commercial vehicle to cross the G W Bridge and YOU can't fix your damn roads?? Somebody's getting rich and it ain't the road crews.
    Anyway,had some excellent Rib Eye steaks yesterday and have been relaxing,which I hope all of you got to do this weekend. Have a Great and Safe week Everyone.

May 5, 2014 at 7:08 am | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Much Bigger Bro'

Morning Big Bruddah! $80 for comm vehicles? AND shiiitty roads to boot? Sounds like old school New Yoahkah-style shilling to me. Just think about that smooth-as-a-baby's-tush ride you're going to have once Big Blue is repaired.

Relaxing weekend? Not this time. Ran errands & got stuff done so hubby could get to a trade show this week. 2:30am is just too early to get up to catch a flight.

May 5, 2014 at 7:23 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

1. Welcome back. 2. Sorry about the NYC roads, it is a real problem because they're just too congested to close for repairs. 3. WHAT???????? You were here for two weeks and didn't reach out to me for a visit with me and the furries???

May 5, 2014 at 8:37 am | Reply
  14. Photo Capatin®

Jerv enjoying his first cuppa the day in Pops garden. Ahhh, the life.

May 5, 2014 at 6:41 am | Reply
    • Photo Caption

A young Chris Elliott enjoys a cup of tea while wearing a lady's blouse.

May 5, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yep

May 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Reply
      • Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man

Good catch - Chris Elliott there is holding a tea cup, and a teapot is clearly visible in the lower left side of the picture. What gives? This is supposed to be the Coffee Klatsch, not the Tea Klatsch.

May 7, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Reply