April 28th, 2014

After a one-year stint in the number two spot, René Redzepi's Noma in Copenhagen, Denmark, has been declared the best restaurant in the world - marking its fourth time as the top seed.

Restaurant magazine announced the honor as it unveiled its "World's 50 Best Restaurants" list at London's Guildhall on Monday. The annual event, sponsored by  S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, is a celebration of the crème de la crème of global gastronomy.

The list, now in its 12th year, is curated by 900 restaurant international leaders, including chefs, food critics and restaurateurs.

As for how the list is created, each of the panelists casts seven votes for their best restaurant experiences in the last 18-month voting period. To attempt to keep the awards on a truly "world's best" scale, at least three of the panelist's votes must be for a restaurant outside their respective geographical region.

"There is no pre-determined checklist of criteria; for example an interesting experience in a simple establishment, where exceptional innovation was discovered, could be judged better than a more opulent meal from a widely feted restaurant team," notes the academy's manifesto.

The ceremony comes on the heels of the announcement that a few of the chefs on the list are taking their restaurant concepts beyond their home turf: Redzepi announced Noma (No. 1) would be moving the entire staff to Tokyo for two months at the beginning of 2015. Meanwhile, Heston Blumenthal announced he and the staff behind The Fat Duck (No. 47) would be flying south from Bray, England, to Melbourne, Australia, for six months in February 2015.

In addition to the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List, a variety of supplemental awards were given out throughout the evening, including the "One to Watch" award for Saison in San Francisco, California. Seven other restaurants from the United States were honored this year: Alinea in Chicago, Illinois; Daniel, Le Bernardin, Per Se and Eleven Madison Park in New York; The French Laundry in Yountville, California; and Coi in San Francisco, California.

These are the world's 50 best restaurants for 2014:

1) Noma (Copenhagen, Denmark)

Shrimp and ramsom. Shrimp and bam, son.

A photo posted by Sarah LeTrent (@sarahletrent) on

2) El Celler de Can Roca (Girona, Spain)

3) Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy)

4)  Eleven Madison Park (New York)

Would that I'd had this available when Marriage Equality passed in Maine.

A photo posted by Kat Kinsman (@katkinsman) on

5) Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (London, England)

6) Mugaritz (Errenteria, Spain)

7) D.O.M. (São Paulo, Brazil)

8) Arzak (San Sebastián, Spain)

9) Alinea (Chicago, Illinois)

10) The Ledbury (London, England)

11) Mirazur (Menton, France)

12) Vendôme (Bergisch Gladbach, Germany)

13) Nahm (Bangkok, Thailand)

14) Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)

15) Central (Lima, Peru)

16) Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)

17) Gaggan (Bangkok, Thailand)

18) Astrid y Gastón (Lima, Perú)

19) Fäviken Magasinet (Järpen, Sweden)

20) Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)

21) Le Bernardin (New York)

22) Vila Joya (Albufeira, Portugal)

23) Restaurant Frantzén (Stockholm, Sweden)

24) Amber (Hong Kong, China)

25) Arpege (Paris, France)

26) Azuremendi (Larrabetzu, Spain)

27) Le Chateaubriand (Paris, France)

28) Aqua (Wolfsburg, Germany)

29) De Librije (Zwolle, Netherlands)

30) Per Se (New York)

31) L'Atelier Saint-Germain de Joël Robuchon (Paris, France)

32) Attica (Melbourne, Australia)

33) Nihonryori RyuGin (Tokyo, Japan)

34) Asador Etxebarri (Atxondo-Bizkaia, Spain)

35) Restaurante Martín Berasategui (Lasarte-Oria, Spain)

36) Maní (São Paulo, Brazil)

37) Restaurant Andre (Singapore)

38) L'Astrance (Paris, France)

39) Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)

40) Daniel (New York)

Frog legs. Happening. To my face! (@kkrader)

A photo posted by Kat Kinsman (@katkinsman) on

41) Quique Dacosta (Denia, Spain)

42) Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)

43) Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)

44) The French Laundry (Yountville, California)

45) Hof van Cleve (Kruishoutem, Belgium)

46) Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)

47) The Fat Duck (Bray, England)

48) The Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa)

49) Coi (San Francisco, California)

50) Waku Ghin (Singapore)

Related A sense of place in Copenhagen cuisine

1. rmac

Arnolds from Happy Days?

April 28, 2014 at 11:37 pm |
  2. rmac

Alligator Soul in Savannah Georgia.
    outstanding!!

April 28, 2014 at 11:34 pm |
  3. USA

Where is Olive Garden. This is a sham.

April 28, 2014 at 11:03 pm |
  4. multiversatile

I think it's safe to say that I never have and never will eat at any of the 50 best restaurants in the world. I think it's also safe to say that I'm not missing a thing. Those idiotic "delicacies" don't even look appetizing. More importantly, I can eat for a month for the price of one serving of some of them, and in some parts of the world a whole family could eat for three months. The attitudes toward food reflected by this article, those restaurants, and food snobs in general is not just unhealthy and decadent, it's immoral. Bon appetite.

April 28, 2014 at 10:45 pm |
  5. Kish

Typical British snobbery – not one restaurant reflecting South Asian or Afghani cuisine.

April 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm |
    • WorldTraveler

Perhaps, or maybe they are just really constipated, as I can't imagine how they can't digest the garbage that they call food ;)

April 28, 2014 at 11:04 pm |
    • AzC

Gaggan in Bangkok is of Indian cuisine

April 28, 2014 at 11:48 pm |
  6. gord

have not been to any of these places however have been to a few of what i like to call 'art food' restaurants. food is good, however i always seem to leave wanting a burger. one pays for the ambiance i guess.

April 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm |
  7. kz

No one from New Orleans, try again.

April 28, 2014 at 10:34 pm |
    • Dagan

I agree kz – New Orleans is not taken seriously ( it's considered good southern comfort food ) but the last thing we are is a southern food culture.... Underestimated and appreciated

April 28, 2014 at 10:52 pm |
  8. ibreathefootball

This should be called "world's 50 most overpriced restaurants for 2014". I'm certain the food is good, but is it worth the price?

April 28, 2014 at 10:15 pm |
  9. WorldTraveler

Correction, NYC was a typo. Sorry, I am not going to trust a list from a British magazine on the World's 50 Best Restaurants, they have no taste buds. The only thing I can agree with is that several Spanish restaurants are among the top 10, but how could there not be a single restaurant from France, California, Asia, or Latin America, in the top 10, yet there are two from the UK? They claim to have polled critics, chefs, etc., but clearly there is some major bias, and I am willing to bet most of those polled came from the UK, as something is clearly very wrong with this list!

April 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm |
    • Chris

Typical ignorant insular American. You probably think you have the best health care in the world too. Only the filthy rich 1% would agree.

April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm |
      • Chris

Oops, should have been against the comment below. Sorry.

April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm |
        • WorldTraveler

No worries, besides, I am a citizen of three countries, two of which are in the EU, lived in Asia, and Europe, for more than 1/3 of my life, and ran several restaurants in Europe. Despite ignorance in some areas, Americans still have a far superior palates when compared to the English. What is truly ignorant is how the English say they have good food in England, and they call it Indian, LOL! The Indians were wise enough to bring their food with them. Saying that England has good food because you can find Indian food there, if you go out of your way to look for it, is like saying that Dubai knows skiing, because they built an artificial ski slope there; or Spain has bad food, because someone built an English restaurant there.

April 28, 2014 at 10:33 pm |
        • Snit26

No worries. It was stupid in either place. How could you possibly pivot from food to health care (with a nice dash of anti-Americanism thrown in)!?

April 28, 2014 at 11:02 pm |
    • Paul

did you even look at the list? #49) Coi (San Francisco, California)

April 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm |
      • Rwol

He said none of those places are in top 10....

April 28, 2014 at 10:57 pm |
    • Marden

Check again. Brazil is a latin american country.

April 28, 2014 at 10:47 pm |
  10. WorldTraveler

Are you kidding me? Sorry, I am not going to trust a list from a British magazine on the World's 50 Best Restaurants, they have no taste buds. The only thing I can agree with is that several Spanish restaurants are among the top 10, but how could there not be a single restaurant from France, NYC, California, Asia, or Latin America, in the top 10, yet there are two from the UK? They claim to have polled critics, chefs, etc., but clearly there is some major bias, and I am willing to bet most of those polled came from the UK, as something is clearly very wrong with this list!

April 28, 2014 at 10:08 pm |
  11. Pats or Genos

whiz wit

April 28, 2014 at 10:06 pm |
  12. sixthromeo

There is a great deal of beautiful food, well presented and, I am certain, delicious. Some of the food requires technology for presentation; some down to earth food critic once gave points for "Bread and Circus." How to rate restaurants on the magnitude of the extraordinary infinity of the clients' shallowness is difficult and I see that in some of the "conversation" in these comments. Food as entertainment should be served with a 100% gratuity to children of a starving nation.

April 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm |
  13. Rokku

French cuisine is considered to be the best but not the restaurants which is mainly due to their services Non-Frenchs....

April 28, 2014 at 9:50 pm |
  14. cayisa

Reblogged this on Cayisa's Blog and commented:
    50 Best Restaurants in the World!

April 28, 2014 at 9:46 pm |
    • Carn E. Vore

Re-blahhed this on blahblah blah and said "Cayisa's Blog stinks like dog log!".

April 28, 2014 at 9:51 pm |
      • NO IHOP's

Back off Carn. That's a wordpress auto-post. Grow up.

April 29, 2014 at 7:40 am |
        • Carn E. Vore

I'm going to back off and grow up, thanks for the advice. Let me get your mom's face out of my lap and I'll get started.

April 30, 2014 at 2:07 pm |
      • cayisa

Thank you for your input :). We will always welcome feedback good or bad. We hope that we are able to capture your interest with our upcoming article this week. Have a great day!

April 29, 2014 at 1:06 pm |
      • cayisa

We are always open to ideas and suggestions to help us be the best we can be for our viewers. Let us know if you have any suggestions :)

April 29, 2014 at 1:14 pm |
  15. Bill Thompson

41, i.e. 82%, of the "world's 50 best" happen to be in Europe and its former colonies in the Americas? One restaurant in China and that in the former British territory, now Special Administrative Region, of Hong Kong? How about where the other 1.3 billion Chinese people enjoy fine dining for over 5000 years, or where the other 76% of the globe's population outside of Europe and the Americas cook and live? This elitist Euro-centric list is a travesty, an insult to fine restaurants and diners outside of Europe's cultural sphere and a reflection of poorly traveled reviewers.

April 28, 2014 at 9:40 pm |
    • Carn E. Vore

You come to a Western news web site and whine about its western bias? Call the Waaaahmbulance.

April 28, 2014 at 9:44 pm |
      • Bill Thompson

Madame Vore, the bias here I find objectionable is not so much the website's in reporting this news, but rather the magazine's which deems the list it created the 50 best restaurants in the WORLD, when clearly these are not.

April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm |
    • Norm

Just because 2 billion people think squatting around a fire shoveling rice into their faces is 'high cuisine' doesn't make it so. Save your self loathing for your therapy sessions. Fact is white, Europeans have done more for the planet over the last 300 years than all your little hut dwellers combined.

April 29, 2014 at 12:23 am |
      • Bill Thompson

Norm, it's unfortunate to find a racist such as yourself on this site where food seems to be the main point. Go ahead, visit Shanghai and look for hut dwellers, you'll be sorely disappointed. I lived and worked from China for 30 years and ran companies there and from there in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan and have happily repatriated myself free of 'self-loathing', but man, I sure ate well and locally during much of my ex-pat tenure, often from recipes refined thousands of years ago. You ought to get around a bit more, look around Norm, the world is round.

April 29, 2014 at 2:26 am |
        • Bill Thompson

Dear Moderator, it's difficult to understand how my most recent post is awaiting moderation while the post I was replying to is allowed to stand as posted, if I were you, I'd strike them both and get things focused back on food. IMHO, regards.

April 29, 2014 at 2:41 am |
  16. Mcnasty

I don't see any of LA's Koreatown BBQ's on this list. Clearly it is a poor list. Kang Ho Dong Baek Jeom in LA is one of the few experiences I would actually fly to in order to just eat there.

April 28, 2014 at 9:35 pm |
  17. Fran S

The Copper Door in Hayesville NC. And The Murphy Choqp House Murphy NC.

April 28, 2014 at 9:28 pm |
  18. Nader

So after one eats from these restaurants, where does one go to actually to eat?

April 28, 2014 at 9:26 pm |
  19. Fritze Flink

Reading the list all that is missing are a few pancake huts and MCDs.

April 28, 2014 at 9:26 pm |
  20. Michael

I did visit some of them, but most of them can't even compete a 3 star Chinese restaurant. Chinese food is one of the top in the world. If you want to see the atmosphere, well...open a restaurant in an Art gallery...........

April 28, 2014 at 9:24 pm |
  21. VirtualInsanity

Wow! Only 7 U.S restaurants on the list...

April 28, 2014 at 9:20 pm |
    • casey

All the US restaurants in SF, NY or Chicago. Been to the SF ones, and while good there have to be at least 100 around the country just as good.

April 28, 2014 at 9:58 pm |
  22. bobareeno

Great restaurant, fast food, friendly diner, greasy spoon, home cooked meal....it all turns into the same thing.....

April 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm |
  23. Donna

I wanna know what. Bourdian has to say about this pretentious list. I don't want his public response. I want one over cold beers at the river, chatting, real talk.

April 28, 2014 at 9:11 pm |
    • Patrick

Did you see the Copenhagen episode of "Parts Unknown"? The entire episode was (practically) about Noma. What René Redzepi is doing there is groundbreaking.

April 28, 2014 at 10:25 pm |
      • Donna

No, we stopped getting his show here for some strange reason. I will see if I can download it, thanks!

May 1, 2014 at 12:04 am |
  24. Jeff

What part of New York state are 4, ,21, 30, and 40 located in? Stating New York is very non-specific. Or, I could assume it is the NYC bias coming out even though NYC is only 0.64% of the land mass of New York State. Fracking NYC arrogance!

April 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm |
    • David R

Wow, get off the cross, someone needs the wood

April 28, 2014 at 9:21 pm |
    • NYCTokyoLondon

Yeah....and NYC is also 2.6% the population of the entire COUNTRY.....wonder why there may be greater emphasis placed there?

April 28, 2014 at 10:11 pm |
  25. Andrew

Woops. My eyes are going. The link didn't work though.

April 28, 2014 at 9:09 pm |
  26. April

High quality food done well in the home kitchen is sublime......

April 28, 2014 at 9:09 pm |
    • Cheryl

you got that right!

April 28, 2014 at 10:00 pm |
    • Frugal Hausfrau

You're absolutely right! I can't tell you how many times I've been out to places and found myself upset over the quality – and nice, acclaimed places at that. It's sad when one eats out and then thinks the best thing about the meal was "At least I didn't have to do the dishes..."

May 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm |
  27. DeezNuts

#CNN #Fail

April 28, 2014 at 9:08 pm |
  28. Andrew

Noma, not Norma.

April 28, 2014 at 9:08 pm |
  29. bobhamiltonchicago

I don't see Jimmy's Hot Dogs at Pulaski and Grand in Chicago on this list. I don't see Goose Island Shrimp, or any IHOP's?

April 28, 2014 at 9:04 pm |
    • NO IHOP's

Probably no IHOP's because the judges don't like their unused utensils sticking to their hands.

April 29, 2014 at 7:36 am |
  30. patrick

dorsia is the best restaurant of all time

April 28, 2014 at 9:00 pm |
  31. Semper Cogitatus

No 49 is the only one within a thousand miles of me.

April 28, 2014 at 8:57 pm |
  32. Needs to eat soemthing

Where is the FN food in pic of #1?

April 28, 2014 at 8:52 pm |
  33. computojon

Having dined at quite a few of these outstanding restaurants, I'd have to say that the best dinner I have ever experienced was Ko in Manhattan. Exquisite.

April 28, 2014 at 8:37 pm |
    • pierre

well, la-de-frickin-da!

April 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm |
    • Semper Cogitatus

Fanciest and most pretentious does not equal best.

April 28, 2014 at 8:59 pm |
    • Donna

On expense account??? ;)

April 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm |
    • Jo

Ko is ok. There was an onion seltzer with lavendar ice cream that I will never forget, because it was absolutely nasty. I think there is better food out there than Ko. Good, but not top 50 in the world.

April 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm |
  34. DaFuq

Guess I have a new bucket list. Wow, how out of touch is this article and the folks that wrote/published it. That is actually the top 50 eateries for the potus and his wife, weather they travel together or not while spending our money on "business trips". This article is a waste of cyberspace.

April 28, 2014 at 8:34 pm |
    • Phred

I guess you are more comfortable attending Tea Parties. I sense an angry white man. Maybe you can dine with Donald Sterling, and commiserate together.

April 28, 2014 at 8:47 pm |
      • bobareeno

I commend you for your gentle and kind reply, Phred

April 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm |
      • Dafuq

You actually are wrong about my race and affiliation. Regardless, race has nothing to do with it. but now That you brought it up: I sense you are an Angry Black Man, who believes that everyone, but yourself, is holding you back. Enjoy your dinner with King Race Instigator A Shar p T O N. BTW: Just because folks disagree with p0 t us, does not make them a racist, it only shines the light on morons who make comments like yours. Have a nice night. :)

April 28, 2014 at 11:11 pm |
    • Rizzzod

it's whether, Mr.Uneducated conservative. More school, less hate is my moto

April 28, 2014 at 9:21 pm |
      • Carn E. Vore

It's "motto", and you forgot the period at the end of your sentence, moron.

April 28, 2014 at 9:47 pm |
        • Dafuq

Though I misspelled "whether" Vore comes in for the win. Phred and Rizzod are the reason for my screen name.

April 28, 2014 at 11:02 pm |
  35. Scott Gifford

Looking at the price of a meal for one person – $200 , this list should be renamed – Top 50 restaurants for the 1%.

April 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm |
  36. RPTX

Hilarious that practically every restaurant is within one of the megacities of the world. I'm sure they visited every restaurant in the world to make their determination. Useless list.

April 28, 2014 at 8:31 pm |
    • Tippsy-D

Your world geography knowledge is offensive. I'm guessing your palate is too.

April 28, 2014 at 8:45 pm |
    • nap

If you were a world renowned chef, where would you open your restaurant? Near major cities where people wiill appreciate it and can afford it

April 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm |
    • ypw510

No. Quite a few are located in quiet towns in the countryside. For example, The French Laundry is in Yountville, which is a town surrounded by vineyards for miles in every direction. A decent number of these restaurants are in similar countryside settings.

April 28, 2014 at 9:22 pm |
  37. Kit7kat

It is so so subjective. The best food I have eaten is my home food. I am a cook and enjoy cooking. Yes I have not been those listed restaurants, but have been plenty of highly rated restaurants across the globe. These restaurants on the list perhaps are some of the better ones who pays the magazine to be listed. Remember the scientific study about the taste of wine.....even experts thought most expensive is better although it was same wine labeled differently. Old saying – appetite is the best sauce, carry much of the weight in delicacy.

April 28, 2014 at 8:30 pm |
  38. Fiona

The games you have to go through to get reservations at The French Laundry are ridiculous, and really off putting. I dined there early in their existence...when reservations were normal. But I haven't returned because I will not jump through the hoops. Not worth it.

The last time I reserved at Daniel, on the other hand, it was easy and pleasant. The prime times were not available, of course, but I have no problem dining on a non-chic day and a bit early or late. As long as the restaurant treats me with respect.

April 28, 2014 at 8:26 pm |
    • Otis

Spot on. They should change their name from the French Laundry to the Arrogant Bistro. Not only are the reservations a game and you have to book two months ahead but the service and portions are a laugh. We went once with another couple because they wanted to go but never again. There are way too many good restaurants in the Napa Valley and in Healdsburg to put up with their nonsense.

April 28, 2014 at 8:37 pm |
  39. Islander

What happened to Ronaldo McDonaldo!

April 28, 2014 at 8:26 pm |
  40. Name*Scott k

Hard to beleivee there are so few in the USA. I smell snobbery

April 28, 2014 at 8:25 pm |
  41. Rob

I didn't see Hot Head Burrito on there??

April 28, 2014 at 8:22 pm |
  42. farsight

Dos Salsas in Georgetown, Texas.

April 28, 2014 at 8:17 pm |
  43. Dino

This list is wrong. Obviously Taco Bell should be number one.

April 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm |
  44. Wallaceboy

While I like to think that I want "the best", it is often at the judgement of others who are the "high priests" of the discipline. While I am a "car guy" I have no desire for a 200 mph super car. While I like to look good, I have no desire to look like those overly handsome, too skinny, fashonistas in the mags. While I like to eat good food, none of these places make me hungry. I want a good cook, not a chef. I want good food, not a "creation". I have no desire to stand in line, pay a fortune and bow in umbrage to some boy/girl wonder of a chef. Ladies, would you ever wear the fashions you see on the runway? Same with food.

April 28, 2014 at 8:12 pm |
    • Jo

I would wear Runway, and I do. Runway does end up in department stores, and is easily accessible. So are some of the food creations, really. Take Wylie Dufresne of wd~50. He is famous for eggs and deconstructing/reconstructing food. Super basic ingredient, but so many ways to prepare. They say that if you can master (I mean really master, not Bob Evans scrambled eggs master) all the different ways to cook an egg, you can cook anything. wd~50 didn't make the list of top 50, but highly regarded as a top restaurant in the US. The creations are incredible with various techniques, but at the end of the day quite comforting. Take a look at the menu right now...shrimp grits and cookie dough ice cream. Not so scary, but good food. Creation or not.

Many restaurants are taking those creations and interpreting them at various price points. It happens for a reason, because these restaurants serve good food that inspires. Take truffle fries. You can find truffle fries at many "pubs" or restaurants across the US. Good food, but likely didn't start at one of those places with your "good cooks." It likely started with a chef who was using truffles.

Fancy cars and runway clothes go through the same thing. It starts with the inspirational/aspirational product and then gets "re-interpreted" for a different price point, by good brands and good designers. For example, the Lexus SUV vs the Hyundai Tuscan. The Isabel Marant Runway wedge sneaker (the Bekket) vs the Nike Sky HI, or even just the Steve Madden Copy. Good design by nameless designers.

So yeah, give me runway. Give me chefs. I enjoy the creative and the innovations. I like to try the original concept before it gets regurgitated for the masses. My senses are bored with just ok good food. I want something a bit more interesting.

April 28, 2014 at 9:36 pm |
  45. jamie

best

April 28, 2014 at 8:09 pm |
  46. GlobalFoodie

My favorite place- Swagath in Chandigarh, India. AND Saravana, Connaught Circus, New Delhi, India. Go figure!

April 28, 2014 at 8:08 pm |
    • Jo

You should also try Sangaam in Dhaka, Bangladesh. One of my favorite dosa spots on the planet, even if Bangladesh isn't the dosa originator.

April 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm |
  47. Laura Lee

So where the heck are the woman? Hard to believe only men can create the finest restaurants in the world. How many men where in the voting group of 900?

April 28, 2014 at 8:03 pm |
    • Carn E. Vore

It's "50 Best Restaurants", not "50 Best Kitchens in Which Sandwiches are Made".

April 28, 2014 at 9:49 pm |
  48. dot8

Top favorite Restaurants in America:
    1. McDonalds
    2. Burger King
    3. Taco Bell
    4. Popeye's
    5. Pizza Hut

April 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm |
    • donna

How funny! Don't forget Kentucky Fried Chicken and Dunkin' Donuts!

April 28, 2014 at 8:21 pm |
    • pierre

you must be a frickin' Euro-snob a**hole

April 28, 2014 at 8:54 pm |
    • xmxm

Thanks for listing the most money making restaurants in the world. If you think that is easy, try it yourself.

April 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm |
  49. a. waters

This is a slap in the face of Alice Waters.

April 28, 2014 at 8:01 pm |
    • pierre

her restaurant burned down, so it's not on the list dum**ss

April 28, 2014 at 8:53 pm |
      • Wingtips

She repaired and reopened Chez Panisse several years ago. It's open for dinner at this very moment.

April 28, 2014 at 9:55 pm |
        • ypw510

The fire was last year, and it reopened after three months.

April 28, 2014 at 10:14 pm |