Coffee klatsch
April 14th, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. JS

That racist Sterling guy, it's a free country, he said it to his girlfriend, not in african-americans face, he can believe what stupid backward things he wants to – remember it's a free country, even for people that are racist.... what is his fine for? what law did he break? did he stand up in the stadium and say no more black people, or did he just say what dumb thing he believes to his "girlfriend" – i'm not a racist i'm a constitutionalist that believes in freedom of thought, even for backward thinkers

April 27, 2014 at 4:41 pm |
  2. Truth™@Let's all go back in time...to 1983

Hey, I have an extra ticket to a concert for this new band called U2, performing at Red Rocks tonight. Who's with me? This band could be big someday...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UjQtqimCAw&w=640&h=390]

April 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm |
    • Weeds

I first saw them in a small (ish) college basketball court stadium. My wife says all I listen any more is old music. Someone please make music with as much energy as this band so I can listen to something new.

April 18, 2014 at 4:22 pm |
      • Weeds

Dog Gone, I'd almost pay for a plane ticket for that show. Should have given me more notice.

April 18, 2014 at 4:23 pm |
      • RC @ Weeds

Volbeat!

April 18, 2014 at 4:32 pm |
  3. AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

-TNT recommends the rub 'n' grill method. Interesting ... ~_~
    -A very happy, belated birthday wish to Madame JBSingletary. Congrats on the sudden "weight loss."
    -RC, how did your smoking experience work out? Could you find the right sized papers? ^_^
    -Mary S everything went well on 4//9. 4 hours garnered me the 2 week stay-cation – not 6. Thank you again for the listening. :)
    -To all who have to work this and next week, TGIF!

April 18, 2014 at 10:48 am |
    • Ringo Starr@AleeD

No, no, no, no, I don't smoke it no more. I'm tired of waking up on the floor...

April 18, 2014 at 10:56 am |
    • RC @AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

Actually, I prefer a bowl ;) The chicken and brats turned out great however. Enjoy your time off-spring cleaning in the dungeon?

April 18, 2014 at 11:09 am |
    • Weeds

Rubbing meat before putting it to the "fire pit"? What's so new about that?

April 18, 2014 at 4:29 pm |
  4. TNT

Hello?
    Here's hoping everyone has a "hoppy" Easter!

April 18, 2014 at 10:42 am |
  5. Truth™

This is a great idea!
    What more do you really need?

April 17, 2014 at 8:54 am |
  6. Breaking News!™

What some guys won't do to avoid paying child support...

April 16, 2014 at 4:03 pm |
    • RC

Johnson severed his johnson.
      Priceless.

April 16, 2014 at 5:39 pm |
      • TNT

Lol!
        Seriously, wth was he thinking? While he's laid up (or down 😊), he has time to think about that.

April 17, 2014 at 9:32 am |
  7. JBJingles w/Public Service Announcement

And this is where my refund is going again this year, for hubs 1984-85 tax bill...*sigh*

April 16, 2014 at 10:54 am |
  8. Mary Shannon

Two days ago it was 73 degrees, sunny and me and the furries had lots of time out on the deck. This morning there are two inches of snow out there blanketing the chairs and tables....will this winter ever end? Oh, and I had to put the heat back on since it was 27 degrees this morning.

How's your weather?

April 16, 2014 at 9:09 am |
    • TNT

Morning Mary Shannon! I woke to the same 2 inches yesterday. Friday I was working in my yard with a tshirt on & today I have my winter coat on. Craaaazy weather! I don't get too excited till May. Hang in there. Have ya still been feeling good? All recuperated?

April 16, 2014 at 9:40 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Feeling great, thanks for asking. The recuperation went very well and I'm back to normal (less about 15 pounds, always a positive thing!).

April 16, 2014 at 9:43 am |
        • TNT

Good for you! I'm happy everything went so well! 😃

April 16, 2014 at 9:45 am |
  9. Sir Biddle

Midyear review done. Check. Did fine, but boss is still a loon with little or no actual management skills. Peter Principle at its best.

April 15, 2014 at 1:38 pm |
  10. Truth™

This is just tragic...What in he!! is wrong with people???

April 15, 2014 at 12:06 pm |
    • RC @Truth™

Geez-did you see her mug shot? Woman has to be bat sh!t crazy!

April 15, 2014 at 6:39 pm |
  11. RC

Good morning all! Spent yesterday tending the smoker. Whole chicken with homemade BBQ sauce and brats(no AleeD-not the kids). Man it was good. I Really want to try a brisket next time, although I've heard it's one of the hardest to get right.....

April 15, 2014 at 12:00 pm |
    • JBJingles@RC

What type of smoker? I want one...oh and RH skooled me in brisket a few years ago..Dr Pepper and Saigon cinnamon come to mind.

April 15, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
      • RC @ JBJingles

It's a Brinkman. Kinda looks like a black(not being racist here!)R2D2. It's only the 2nd time I've used it. Seems thew trickiest part is keeping the temp regulated-low and slow baby:) I've heard about the Dr. Pepper before, but not Saigon cinnamon. Sounds interesting......

April 15, 2014 at 6:36 pm |
        • Mr. T®

Ah pity da fool that don't smoke his chicken right!

April 15, 2014 at 8:01 pm |
    • TNT

Yum, any smoked meat is good! I'm doing a beer can chicken for supper tonight. It's cold out so it will be nice to have the oven on.

April 16, 2014 at 9:44 am |
    • TNT

There's a brisket recipe on thread before this one.

April 16, 2014 at 9:58 am |
      • RC

Yup-saw that. The rub sounds really good. I'm not sure about finishing in the oven though. Kinda sounds like cheating.....

April 16, 2014 at 10:24 am |
        • TNT

Skip the oven. Use the rub & just grill. (drooling 👅) I will gladly be your "seal of approval", just let me know what time to be there. I'll bring the potato salad. Lol!

April 16, 2014 at 10:39 am |
  12. Sir Biddle

Hey Kids and a belated happy birthday to JBJ!

April 15, 2014 at 11:06 am |
    • Truth™@Biddle, Sir Biddle

Welcome back! How's life and the family? Did you ever get your grill figured out?

April 15, 2014 at 11:22 am |
      • Sir Biddle

Doing well and back from Beantown. No Union Oyster House but did eat well.

Got the grill all together and broke it in this past weekend. Takes a bit longer to heat up, but I like the larger cooking space and it will get mucho use this summer.

Whats new in the MHC?

April 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm |
  13. JBSingle

It's official, closed on the sale of my house and paid hubs a settlement to go away...fly home tomorrow. Still kind of sad, but then not so much.

To the trolls-not all blogs are exclusive to teens and basement dwellers, go fish somewhere else.

April 15, 2014 at 10:33 am |
    • Truth™@JBSingle

Always remember that he is not taking anything that you cannot earn again. And losing 185 lbs. of a poor spouse is priceless...!

April 15, 2014 at 10:45 am |
      • JBSingle@Truth

Never thought of it that way...though he hasn't weighed that since we got married.. ;)

April 15, 2014 at 10:49 am |
  14. JBJingles

Failed my first test of grandma school...took The 8 year old to school an hour too soon....it was just a trial run, that is my story and I'm sticking to it...

April 14, 2014 at 1:23 pm |
  15. Jdizzle McConaughey ♫♫

All right, all right, all right.

Day two of an 8 day period of no work (took a me-cation). Spent yesterday with some buds I haven't seen in fifty-eleven days. Gots some trout to be had tonight (YES!), spent the rest of the night playing Mario Kart until wee hours of the morning until they finally all passed out from Mr. Budweiser, lol. Therefore, I was the first one up with the hot coffee ready to go.

Should be a good week of food and video games capped off by a Volbeat road trip concert on Friday and capped by an Easter with the Kid. I shall not shave, I say. Jdizzle McGruff.

April 14, 2014 at 11:26 am |
    • Dats

what I'm talkin' bout.

April 14, 2014 at 1:31 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

Ha! Mario Cart. Let's a go! Whee. Still one of the best games ever.

April 14, 2014 at 4:02 pm |
  16. RichardHead

Good Monday Morning Kidz-It's a SPECIAL DAY in the Klatsch. Our very own JBJingles is having a BIRTHDAY today-Nice timing since it's Pre-Tax Man Cometh Day or as I call it-The King wants his MONEY DAY. I would sing but my allergies have kicked in and sound more like Alvin from the Chipmonks….so I'll just say-HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLONDIE. I hope it is a Grand Day for 'ya.

April 14, 2014 at 8:06 am |
    • JBJingles@RH

Awww, thank you! Grandson requested I make chicken cordon bleu for my birthday tonight. Last night I made this and it was the bestest meatloaf EVER.

April 14, 2014 at 10:34 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Nice!

April 14, 2014 at 11:20 am |
      • ∞ Weeds ∞

Cordin Bleu! What time should I be over for dinner?
        Happy Birthday and congratulations on your taking another lap around the Sun. Don't stop.

April 14, 2014 at 3:30 pm |
      • @Jbjingles

How old are you cow?

April 15, 2014 at 5:41 am |
        • Jerv

That's a Marquee blog troll. JBJ, ignore the POS.

April 15, 2014 at 8:56 am |
        • El Disgusto

Yay! Marquee Blog trolls! I miss 'em all.

April 15, 2014 at 9:28 am |
        • JBSingle@Jerv

I'm utterly unimpressed with said troll! :)

April 15, 2014 at 10:47 am |
        • TNT

Cow? Really? How old are you?
          I thought spring break was over.

April 16, 2014 at 9:49 am |