Coffee klatsch
March 31st, 2014

Pssst! Got a sec to chat? We are utterly thrilled when readers want to hang out and talk – whether it's amongst themselves or in response to pieces we've posted. We want Eatocracy to be a cozy, spirited online home for those who find their way here.

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic. You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. JBJingles@QOD

TGIF! It's official, I am now one week closer to retirement....well I will be after making it through today!

Quiz of the Day – Next week I have a conference in the land of trout and potatoes...where will I be?

TROUT TROUT TROUT! I can't believe how excited I am to be able to get some fresh trout....they don't grow them down here in So Cal. :D

April 4, 2014 at 10:50 am |
    • RC @QOD

That would be Idaho. Wait-who you callin' a ho!?

April 4, 2014 at 11:35 am |
      • JBJingles@RC

ding ding ding, a winner! Yep, Coeur d' Alene, to be exactomundo, and no I will not be calling anyone a ho up there. :)

April 4, 2014 at 12:21 pm |
    • Truth@JBJ

One word: blacken....you can thank me later...

April 4, 2014 at 11:39 am |
      • JBJingles@Truth

I'll thank you now and later! I love me some blackening seasoning, so that will be one choice if I can find it...

April 4, 2014 at 12:28 pm |
    • AleeD® @ JBJ

Maybe they don't grow them in So Cal because you did it backwards. It's tails down for fish; tails up for ex husbands.

April 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm |
      • AleeD® @ JBJ

By "did it" I meant "planted"

April 4, 2014 at 12:33 pm |
      • JBJingles@AleeD

OK, I still don't get it... o.O It's been a stressfilled week and my brain isn't working so well...

April 4, 2014 at 4:57 pm |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

A good. A foot of snow on the Jeep. Guess I better get a move on. Should be nice and slow at work today.

April 4, 2014 at 8:30 am |
    • RC

Had 3 beautiful sunny days, now back to rain, rain, rain. Beats a foot of snow though.
      Just pick her up by the wiper blade and let her shake the snow off ;)

April 4, 2014 at 10:23 am |
      • AleeD®

And here I thought that's what Northerners used leaf blowers for in the Wintertime.

April 4, 2014 at 10:35 am |
  3. RichardHead@Truth

Happy Birthday My Brother. I'm stuck in Edison,NJ–What a Krap Hole–waiting on a load due in Ohio tomorrow morning.Enjoy the Day and drink a Cool one for me.

April 3, 2014 at 1:52 pm |
    • Truth™@RichHead

Thanks Bro – Stay safe out there. The best part about NJ is leaving it...Watch that weather!

April 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm |
    • JBJingles@RH & Truth

RH – Ha, NJ is a krap hole? Hmmm, seems fitting that a certain someone might be going there soon....

Truth – Many happy wishes to you for your birthday week!

April 4, 2014 at 10:53 am |
  4. Mary Shannon

Today is a special day here in the Klatsch....Truth's birthday! Let's all sing together.........

Wishing my terrific brother a wonderful day!

April 3, 2014 at 8:27 am |
    • AleeD®

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROOF™!!
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iP9mCM0ZyM&w=640&h=390]
      Stay with it 'til the end ... trust me. ;)

April 3, 2014 at 8:42 am |
    • Truth™@Alee, Mary

Thank you Ladies! Never had minions sing to me before...Hard to believe where the years go. Definitely speeding up the further into life. Makes me thankful for life's blessings...

April 3, 2014 at 9:10 am |
  5. Truth™@Mom

Here's looking at you Lady...You are missed!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs&w=640&h=390]

April 2, 2014 at 11:48 pm |
  6. AleeD®

Whatup Homies?

April 2, 2014 at 12:24 pm |
    • Truth™

Not much Darlin...Waiting on my IT guy to finish up here, so I can get back to work...You are home this week taking it easy? Hopefully you can make some good use of the downtime...

April 2, 2014 at 1:07 pm |
      • AleeD®@ Turth™

You are a sweetie. I'm still at work this week trying to wrap things up.
        My time off start on the 9th. It's getting close! ;)
        Tell your IT guy the ON button is on the left; the reboot is on his foot. ;)

April 2, 2014 at 1:19 pm |
  7. Mary Shannon

We made it!!! 56 degrees, yay!! Today I will perform the time honored ritual of putting the snow shovel away in the basement, not to be seen again until next winter. Be gone, snow, welcome flowers!

April 1, 2014 at 2:15 pm |
    • AleeD®

Congratulations! Does that ritual involve the words Be & Gone?

April 1, 2014 at 2:24 pm |
      • Mary Shannon

Abso*******lutely!!!!

April 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

We're supposed to get a foot of snow tonight.

April 3, 2014 at 9:54 am |
  8. Photo Captain®

DJCP's thought cloud, "It's hard to surf Triple D's website with one hand and enjoy my Raspberry Shooter's cereal with the other. Ahh, but I'll stop everything for my beloved hot chocolate. Mmmm"

April 1, 2014 at 12:53 pm |
  9. Mary Shannon

Happy tuesday!!! And it is happy because its going to be over 55 degrees here today (yes, to those of you who live that regularly its not a biggie, but to me, its heaven!!). No meetings for a change and I end the day with a massage....all these add up to a happy day for me!

April 1, 2014 at 8:57 am |
  10. TNT

Good morning! All Fools Day, be careful out there today. Lol at the comments since I was here yesterday!

April 1, 2014 at 8:07 am |
  11. AleeD's theme song this week®

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNYKxiRJ2LA&w=640&h=390]
    I'm going to be out of the office from 4/9 thru 4/25. The boss was nice enough to NOT load me up with a bunch of projects – just finish up with the ones I had. I finished last week ... so here I sit ...

April 1, 2014 at 7:13 am |
    • TNT

Enjoy that time off! 😃

April 1, 2014 at 8:07 am |
    • Mary Shannon

I hope all's ok, Alee. Shoot me an email if you want to talk. Ever.

April 1, 2014 at 9:25 am |
      • Meg Ryan@Mary S

You've got mail

April 1, 2014 at 9:51 am |
  12. macksmith345

Many people do the same thing like "Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running."

................................................

Corporate Catering Service Melbourne

April 1, 2014 at 6:05 am |
  13. JBSingle@Kat and other Farmland Types

OK, so I'm wondering if there is a good source book to tell me what types of veggies and/or herbs to grow in So Cal with our very special climate, soil and critters? Unlike AleeD, rosemary seems to do very well in my current backyard/soil, but we have been plagued by rakoons, gophers, and bunnies so I've never attempted a garden and I'm moving not too far away in similar terrain... Thanks for suggestions!

March 31, 2014 at 4:35 pm |
    • TNT

I had a garden 2 years in a row, the bunnies, squirrels, & all the other critters loved it. I gave up. Lol!

April 1, 2014 at 8:10 am |
    • Jerv-Check this out.

April 1, 2014 at 8:11 am |
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Just realized I been posting as McHamperpants.
    Too much pp in my pants

March 31, 2014 at 2:27 pm |
    • AleeD® @ Jdizz

Some people carry with them too much, um, laundry.

March 31, 2014 at 2:39 pm |
    • JBSingle@McHamper

Now that got me literally laughing out loud and spewing iced tea at my monitor...

March 31, 2014 at 4:30 pm |
      • AleeD from Home Sweet Home® @ JBSingle & McHamper

I caught your name change Madam Singletary. Verrrrry clever.
        Now that I'm looking at it with my homey eyes, McHamper sounds like a receptacle into which one would throw a bad McNugget.

March 31, 2014 at 8:42 pm |
        • Thinking things through

But.... is there a good McNugget?

April 1, 2014 at 7:20 pm |
  15. Cool song.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQjC5zVnt8&w=640&h=390]

March 31, 2014 at 12:00 pm |
  16. JBJingles

Good morning class! All this talk of BBQ's and Grillin' has me thinking...as you know I sold my house with my built in gas grill right off the kitchen on the patio and I'm soooo going to miss that, so I will be shopping for a new one soon and need recommendations! Do I get a combo grill/smoker, or just a grill? Also, thinking of installing a raised bed garden at the new place...the last thing I grew was in 6th grade, pumpkins on the side of the house...so I will be asking for advice on that one too. Make it a great day!

March 31, 2014 at 11:32 am |
    • The Smart Aleck@JBJ

I think you may have to go hang out in the news section, or just email Kat directly, as NOBODY among the regulars here know a thing about grilling, or BBQ. Just to give you a heads up.

March 31, 2014 at 11:53 am |
      • AleeD®

That moniker used to be my alter ego when TWO was posting here. However, I did not post this comment from TSA.

March 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm |
        • JBJingles@AleeD

Thanks for confirming mi amiga! Now about my garden...any ideas on what to plant and when? I figure I will be all moved in by the end of May...Lowes has a nice raised bed garden that I've had my eye on...I've been partial to fennel lately, and love me some fingerling potatoes, cukumbers, and red bell peppers.

March 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBJ

Aw that's ok. When that special someone who likes to use my monikers needs a Midol, they rear their ugly heads and play their games. It doesn't matter. They're just small-minded putzes. :)

My seester has 4 veggie beds in her back yard in Charlotte. At last count, she was growing 6 or so different types of lettuce, beans, field peas, peppers, squarshes and different kinds of 'maters. Sounds like you're got a good start on what you want to plant. Being in CA, I would imagine brings it's own set of growing challenges. Just know that with herbs, they need more water and sun than other plants do. I killed 2 rosemary bushes ( ~_~ to Turth™) before I learned that tidbit.

March 31, 2014 at 1:44 pm |
        • Turth™@AleeD

Really? I never connected you as TSA...I always figured Photo Caption and Sara Bareilles, but not TSA. Learn something new every day!

March 31, 2014 at 2:00 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™

Never been Sara or Photo Caption. Been Photo Captain, tho. Look for the ® after the moniker and you're 99% guaranteed it's me in the lounge..

March 31, 2014 at 2:17 pm |
        • MissWhip®

I love all the Klatch men and lust for them daily!!!

March 31, 2014 at 3:27 pm |
        • AleeD®

MissWhip® isn't me.

March 31, 2014 at 3:30 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@AleeD

Should we be calling you Sybll?

March 31, 2014 at 3:34 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Sir biddle

Why not? I seem to be posting BS in my sleep. Knock yourself out.

March 31, 2014 at 3:39 pm |
        • Truth™@AleeD

That is ok Darlin...Anyone who knows you and loves you (and how can one not follow the other?) can tell apart the imposters. Fear not, my dear!

March 31, 2014 at 3:45 pm |
        • JBSingle@AleeD

I just realized why traffic was so light this morning...must be spring break, thus your fans are home in the basement posting... o.O

March 31, 2014 at 5:17 pm |
        • AleeD® @ JBSingles

I have FANS? *blink, blink* How cool is that?! Is there a name for this fan club? Something like ...

Dwelling
          Under
          Mother's
          Basement
          Seldom
          Having
          Intelligence
          Thru
          Sentience

April 1, 2014 at 6:50 am |
  17. Truth™

Good morning all, and Happy Monday!

How is everyone doing today? Nice to see Baseballs is back. Go Mets!

And to celebrate the kickoff of Obozocare, I am going in for an oil change and tire rotation next week. Will be interesting to see what is not covered.

How is everyone's week starting off?

March 31, 2014 at 11:07 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

METS!

March 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm |
  18. AleeD® @ Jdizz

They get it done for me, too. Saw them live in Jax, FL in '11. Sang "Whatever" at the top of my lungs with some guy in the audience. That started the singing ball rolling thruout the concert. By the time we left, I was so hoarse I sounded like Sully. ;)

Harassment for drinking at a concert is BS. Would be nice if they could just let sh!t like that alone for everyone at a concert instead of playing their "catch who they can" crap.

March 31, 2014 at 10:38 am |
  19. RichardHead

Good Monday Morning Kidz from the CheeseHead State–Wausau,WI. It's a balmy 59 degrees with rain and sleet heading in tonight. GIT ME OUTTA HERE. Looks like I'll be having a Charcoal vs Propane Throwdown with Sir B one of these days. Glad Mary S. and TNT are feeling better. My 'Sista is still Rockin' which is a Good Thang. Hope Everyone had a Great Weekend,and Hang in there–Spring is near…I think. :))

March 31, 2014 at 10:07 am |
    • AleeD® @ Yo Bro

Good Monday to ya, Rich! Spring done sprung down here in Floridork. A month ago, our trees were brown & nekkid. Now everything is lush & green and you really WANT to be outside. SIGH!

I'm wtih Jdizz: BBQ season is all year 'round. We've got some Nothren relatives who Q in the dead of winter. Snow on the ground and all! More power to them!

March 31, 2014 at 10:24 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

You're two hours east of me. Nice weather, eh? My room mate is in Wausau today on business.

March 31, 2014 at 10:24 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Just take 29 and go west for two hours. We'll go get some lunch. XD

March 31, 2014 at 10:26 am |
        • RichardHead@Jdizz

It's tempting "Bro. Got a 1:30 unload time here and then having to go 10 miles down the road to get rid of the rest of it. These Paper loads are Heavy and a pain in my AZZ. We'll ALL get to together one of these Days.

March 31, 2014 at 10:45 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Someone round here needs to win the lottery and purchase an all inclusive Klatsch party at poseidonresorts.com

March 31, 2014 at 11:00 am |
    • JBJingles@RH

Must-get-fried-cheese-curds....

March 31, 2014 at 11:34 am |
  20. Sir Biddle, PhD In Grill Studies

To all that may be purchasing a new BBQ, save the extra fee for assembling it in store and just bring it home in a box. After yesterdays 2+ hours, on-the-job, self-taught session, I am now a certified BBQ grill assembler and will happily come over and do it for you. Actually it was not that bad and I enjoyed the 2+ hours free from distractions of Mrs Biddle and the Little Bids.

It rained all weekend so I haven't been able to try it out but when I return from Boston on Sunday, I'll be putting a hefty side of Brontosaurus on it.

March 31, 2014 at 9:26 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Have fun in Boston, that's one of my favorite US cities!

March 31, 2014 at 9:30 am |
      • Sir Biddle@M S

Hitting the North End at some point, but any recommendations?

March 31, 2014 at 9:31 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Its been a couple of years since I've visited, but definitely the North End, especially for Italian food and desserts. Even just a walking tour along the Freedom Trail will provide lots of places to get a delicious cup of coffee and a cannoli.

March 31, 2014 at 12:53 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Mary S

Mmmm, looooove cannoli .... hard on the outside, creamy goodness on the inside.

March 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm |
        • Truth™@Biddle, Mary, AleeD

Ok Alee, calm down...maybe time for a cold shower, no?

Boston is a great city. I love the Union Oyster house. Give it a try if you have the chance.

March 31, 2014 at 1:19 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Good reminder for the Oyster House Truth! Thank you.

AleeD – Do you like vanilla or chocolate cannolis, not all the big ones are chocolate you know.

March 31, 2014 at 1:36 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Sir Biddle

Ohhhh yesss. The perfect example was my first husband. He was 6ft 7in tall (measured him myself), well & p0rn st@r proportioned and had no idea what to do with it. Sadly he was.untrainable and completely vanilla in more areas than his skin-tone.

I like all colors of cannoli. White ones dipped in chocolate can be tons of fun. Dark chocolate ones dipped in white chocolate are ... fascinating. Color & size have no bearing on pleasure – provided the bearer knows what they're doing ... or is willing to learn. ~_~

March 31, 2014 at 2:07 pm |
        • Confucious@AleeD

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world looks like a nail...

March 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm |
    • TNT

I'm so ready to grill. I can almost taste potato packs in my near future. One of my faves! (along with many other things) Note to self...make sure to pick up more charcoal!!!

March 31, 2014 at 9:36 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Grilling knows no seasons. It is always grilling season. -10? So? Fire that thing up!

March 31, 2014 at 10:11 am |
        • TNT

Tell that to the stores who DON'T carry charcoal in the winter. My own fault for not stockpiling in the Fall. I've thought about a gas grill, but, there's something about coals that make it taste so good.

April 1, 2014 at 8:13 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Last year it took me 2 partial assemblies, 2 dis-assemblies, and a third successful attempt over two 4 hour sessions to put mine together. Kept thinking I put the legs on the wrong side as things weren't matching up right. Turned out one of the legs was BENT, either due to shoddy manufacturing or damage during shipping. I bent it back into shape by hand and it was smooth sailing from there.

Still had one left over part, but it was irrelevant. It was a small chain for something. Who knows. I am pretty darn good at directions, but this was almost hieroglyphics. MADE IN CHINA, I bet.

Still works good, though. :D

March 31, 2014 at 10:11 am |
      • Sir Biddle

HAAA!!! I have the same *^#@^*#@ chain hanging off the side with no apparent use. Was thinking I missed something.

Agree with you of no grilling season. Grilled brats in the rain Saturday night in honor of Wisconsin and the NCAA playoffs.

March 31, 2014 at 1:34 pm |
  21. TNT

Morning girls! (guess that's safe to say since you 2 are the only ones here. Lol!) Last week was the pits, so sick. Better now & enjoyed a 60° day yesterday! Temps are gonna be like a yoyo, but, I'll take anything above freezing!
    How was your weekend, AleeD?
    Chin up, Mary Shannon...we're almost there!
    How are you feeling?

March 31, 2014 at 9:21 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Glad you're feeling better, TNT. I'm doing well, too, thanks for asking. Now if spring would only make an appearance.....

March 31, 2014 at 9:30 am |
      • TNT

It will, I see light at the end of that long winter tunnel! 😃

March 31, 2014 at 9:33 am |
    • AleeD® @ TNT

Our weekend was great! Got some things sorted with me hubs and put a mini-project put on hold for lack of info on teflon tape ... don't ask. ;)

Since we got about 2+ inches of rain Sat, we set out to go see Noah on Sunday. However, I read the movie times wrong *doh* so we'll go next weekend instead.

March 31, 2014 at 10:12 am |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

It's called Plumber's Tape and I Highly recommend it .

March 31, 2014 at 10:19 am |
        • AleeD® @ Yo Bro

Capeche. Any reason why using it on plastic threads would negate a warranty?

March 31, 2014 at 10:25 am |
        • AleeD® @ RichHd

Wait! Isn't plumbers tape what you use instead of spackle to seal up plumbers crack?

March 31, 2014 at 12:24 pm |
      • RichardHead@My 'Sista

Because of it's chemical compounds it could eat away at the threads and cause major leaks. Use PVC Glue–normally Blue in color to get a tight fit. Your Welcome.

March 31, 2014 at 10:33 am |
        • AleeD® @ Yo Bro

You know how I feel about tight fits. Thank you. ~_~

March 31, 2014 at 10:39 am |
  22. Mary Shannon

Good morning! My weekend was soggy. It rained all day both Saturday and Sunday, and it was a chilly rain with temps in the 40s. Woke up to a coating of freezing rain this morning, but hopefully by tomorrow that will all be gone since we're expecting a day in the high 50's.

Anything new out there in CK Land?

March 31, 2014 at 9:07 am |
  23. AleeD®

Broke this out of my collection this morning. WAKE UP!!!!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalsdrAPXEw&w=640&h=390]
    How was your weekend?

March 31, 2014 at 7:11 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Godsmack was my favorite band for a long time. Still love em. Saw them in concert in Albuquerque about 12 years ago. Got a Minor in Possession that night, my friend got Contributing. LOL, plainclothes cop. My friend got pretty vocal about it and was booted and I was let back in. Listened to a few songs and got annoyed cause everyone was smoking weed around me and I was the one that got popped for a cup of JD Down Home Punch. So I left and met up with my friend and we got lit in the parking lot with a bunch of other castouts. Was ok cause we could hear the rest of the concert from outside as it was an out door amphitheater.

March 31, 2014 at 10:23 am |
      • AleeD®

Testing .. test i es. No posting here?

March 31, 2014 at 12:15 pm |
      • AleeD®

We saw Godsmack in Jax, FL in '11. Great show. Sang "Whatever" with some guy in the audience and didn't stop singing 'til the end of the concert. As we left, I sounded just like Sully. ;)

March 31, 2014 at 12:18 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammperpants ♫♫

Volbeat and Trivium tickets came in the mail on Friday. Yay!

March 31, 2014 at 2:25 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Jdizz

Oooo-rah!! After listening to GS this morning, there are alot of sound similarities between the 2 groups. Have a good time for bofus.

March 31, 2014 at 2:37 pm |
      • Truth™@JDizz, AleeD

A lot of years ago I was at a Grateful Dead show with a SO...Third Row seats at Fiddler's Green Ampitheatre. No more than 40 or so feet from Bruse Hornesby. During one of the sets, some kids sneaks in next to us. No big deal, as everyone is standing anyway. He lights one up and hands to me. I declined. Not my thing. He again hands to me, saying, go ahead man, but I told him, no, I cannot. He tries a third time, and asks me why I won't. I leand over and said, "I am a city of Lakewood undercover detective"...Kid does the Macauley Culkin "Home Alone" face and disappears...My So laughed and told me "You are going to be the life of He!! someday."...

March 31, 2014 at 12:30 pm |
        • RC@Truth™

"A lot of years ago..." Hehe. Actually I saw The Dead years ago also-at Anaheim Stadium. With Bob Dylan of all people. The Dead were great. Dylan-not so much. He was sooooo awful, he had to either be doing it on purpose, or he was stoned out of his f-ing mind. I'm going with the latter........

April 1, 2014 at 12:46 pm |
      • RC@Jdizzle

Saw Godsmack with Metallica on the Nightmare Before Christmas tour in '06. It was frickin' awesome! Between the two bands, they played for 6 hours. The only downside was this was right when Hetfield decided to get sober, and they stopped alcohol sales after Godsmack played.

April 1, 2014 at 12:53 pm |