February 6th, 2014

Pink goop? Not in this McNugget! CNN's Jeanne Moos reveals the making of McNuggets that McDonalds wants you to see.

Posted by:
Filed under: Fast Food • McDonald's

1. swansonite

top tip:

These things make fantastic left overs. Buy the 20piece at a significant discount then freeze the rest, reheat in a 400 degree oven and they come out like new. Make sure they give you enough sauce, they always give you much less sauce when you order a lot of nuggets.

February 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm |
  2. Richard

Truth is, most fast-food chicken is ground, processed junk, it isn't real intact meat. A combination of meat, fat, skin, and cartilage. Only KFC and a handful of fast-food places use unprocessed chicken meat which of course costs considerably more.

February 9, 2014 at 8:25 pm |
    • ribmeat

Still not as bad as Tyson products, those processed chicken abominations are foul. A McNugget has the right consistency for normal ground chicken, a Tyson Nugget has the consistency of something that could only have been from something pulverized into a fine paste.

February 10, 2014 at 2:10 pm |
  3. Ronald

This was the CANADIAN recipe and the american one uses a slightly different mix.

February 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm |
  4. RC

It's all beaks and a$$. Plus they did away with the hot mustard dipping sauce. No more Mcnuggets for me.....

February 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm |
  5. David

I don't believe any of that for a second..

February 8, 2014 at 12:14 pm |
  6. Arturo Féliz-Camilo

Reblogged this on Mr. Feliz's Blog (Teacher Arturo).

February 8, 2014 at 10:38 am |
  7. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Think I'll go get a ten piece meal for lunch today.

February 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm |
    • ∞ Weeds ∞

I swear, from my experience, they are more addictive than any drug I've taken. I'm on the wagon, I haven't had Mcnuggets in several years. But after many years of staying off the stuff, looking for a fast food fix, this Christmas holiday I broke down and went to Mickey D's a couple of times. I'm in withdraw now. I get the late night cravings, thinking about It. Even knowing that IT could some day take my gall bladder out. I swear McDonald's puts addictive chemicals in their junk. Why else would I crave their fries? I grew up with and love healthy wholesome food....

February 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yep. Aside from an egg mcmuffin now and again it's really the only thing I get from McDizzle's. I'll get the ten piece, fries, and a powerade about once a year.

February 7, 2014 at 4:26 pm |
  8. Country switcheroo

Interesting that this report and video is based on McDonald's CANADA and not US. Why aren't processing plants in the US sharing their videos of how McNuggets are produced?? Given our differing food and drug laws I have a very hard time believing the manufacturing process is the same in both countries No matter what my family will never eat at McDonald's again.

February 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm |
  9. Never

I find that method of production disgusting anyway. I will never eat any of McDonalds gross processed awful food ever. YUCK!

February 7, 2014 at 9:15 am |
  10. Sleight of Hand

Let us recap what McDonald's showed us.
    1: Starts with picture of skinless, boneless chicken breast.
    2: This gets ground up into chicken burger.
    3: Not shown but described, chicken skin and its attached fat is ground and mixed in with the breast meat in order to control the fat to meat ratio.
    Conclusion: This processed chicken product has a much greater fat content than the mechanically separated chicken goo.
    Watching the nuggets get pressed into shapes it is obvious that they are still made of goo; a more constructed goo.

February 7, 2014 at 6:57 am |
    • Wendy

I bet Mcnuggets and play-dough have a similar amount of salt.

February 7, 2014 at 3:34 pm |
  11. no kidding

This was obviously never chicken. Chicken isnt pink and even if you believe theres no chicken in a mcnugget then when was the last time you saw a red mcnugget?

Anyone who has ever had a chicken mcnugget should have known that this emulsified something or other can in no way make a chicken mcnugget. I wouldnt be surprised if its not even meat, if it is then its emulsified beef like a hot dog.

February 6, 2014 at 10:35 pm |
    • Food Junkie

I have. They taste like chicken skin.

February 7, 2014 at 6:58 am |
  12. Thinking things through

No, I didn't think they put pink slime in there - that's a beef product. But they do throw in lots of extenders (they call them seasonings, but that's a loose name for it) that I'm really not interested in eating. (And since they're now only using the white meat, they really DO need to add stuff to it to make it taste (apparently) good. Oh, note: I've never eaten a chicken McNugget. Not remotely curious.

February 6, 2014 at 3:09 pm |