Asking for a friend: Which country has the best food?
January 15th, 2014

Editor's note: Our pals at CNN Travel take a great global view on food culture. They'd like for you to weigh in with your favorites.

We love to write about food. We love to celebrate the good stuff and lambaste the bad.

But there's a debate we've avoided, if only to save computer screens the world over from the liters of spittle that will fly from the mouths of irate readers as they vent incredulously about our "ignorant, biased, un-researched and unreasoned" choices.

Which is why, having taken the plunge, we want to turn this particular piece over to you, and ask: which country has the best food?

We've started the (dough) ball rolling with our own ranking here. Read it through. Try not to choke on your burrito.

But we really do want to know what you think too. So tell us, in the comments below, and also vote on our Facebook poll.

It's time to find out once and for all, which cuisine is king.

Read "Which country has the best food?" on CNN Travel

Posted by:
Filed under: Lunchtime Poll • Travel

1. goatsandgreens

I love just about everything Asian, Middle Eastern, and seafood-ian. What little I've tried of Peruvian, I've loved, too. There is no one best. There may be a few "worst" cuisines, but probably in most countries one can find a few great items to enjoy.

January 20, 2014 at 11:21 am | Reply
  2. Marama

New Zealand, clean fresh and surrounded by the sea.

January 17, 2014 at 1:43 pm | Reply
  3. foodfight

Belgium!

January 16, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Reply
  4. augusta loers

I cant see Peruvian food its the best....

January 16, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Reply
  5. VladT

Living in the United States but planning my first out of country trip, I can only say I love the very different cultures represented in the U.S. I plan on visiting Scotland too, and reading menus ahead of time is making my mouth water. Lamb, Salmon, Scotch, and yes, I will try haggis

January 16, 2014 at 2:53 am | Reply
  6. Pacific Merchants

I feel like a lot of things were overlooked on that CNN Travel list. None of Africa or the Middle east featured, none of South America? And referring to foods that people look at as staples of their culture as "dumb" is just mean-spirited. My favorites? Vietnamese food (Pho, Bahn Mi, Spring Rolls, EVERYTHING.) Italian (especially that "flavorless" buffalo mozzarella mentioned in the CNN travel article,) and Israeli (the stuff of my childhood!)

January 15, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Reply
  7. Non Facebook User

No one ever mentions Africa, but it's a huge continent with a lot of great food. My personal favorite is Liberian Jollof rice.

January 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Reply