January 3rd, 2014

In the wake of the newly-legal marijuana economy in the state of Colorado, businesses featuring pot edibles are suddenly a great big hit.

CNN's Denver correspondent Ana Cabrera visited some budding bakeries, markets and confectioneries - such as Love's Oven, Ganja Gourmet and Canyon Cultivation - to explore the world of cannabis cuisine.

Previously:
Even celebrity chefs get the munchies

Posted by:
Filed under: 420 • Marijuana • Taboos

1. AleeD®

If I partake in any form, I run the risk of losing my job due to drug testing. Sometimes working in manufacturing sux. However, I support those who do imbibe and the legalization of herb in all its forms.

April 28, 2014 at 9:21 am | Reply
  2. Johnc925

I like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll. cdaeecgebkce

April 28, 2014 at 1:45 am | Reply
  3. Maggee

Wow...Lots of drug addicts on here.

January 7, 2014 at 10:18 am | Reply
    • Drug Adick

Right. Anyone who posts on a blog is clearly agreeing to support the topic. Dipshizit.

January 7, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Reply
    • chrispy

Using the words "drug" and "addict" to describe pot and the people who smoke it. I lol'd.

January 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Reply
  4. patches

Many years ago living in bush Alaska I made a batch of brownies and brought them into the bar. Everyone was aware of the special treats except for the state troopers who arrived later that evening for a unrelated event. before any one could do any thing they were eating the treats. No one dared to take the brownies out of their hands. The remaining evidence was soon scarfed down by the other patrons. I made a hasty retreat back to my home for a bit of house cleaning.

January 7, 2014 at 2:42 am | Reply
  5. Middle aged Mom

I have a medical marijuana card for migraines. I make healthy edibles and have been able to stay off of the meds I've been taking for my headaches by consuming a low dose of my homemade treats. I don't get high and my headaches have vanished.

January 7, 2014 at 1:40 am | Reply
  6. Dooh

So...9 months from now, will there will be a slightly HIGHER population increase than normal ?

January 6, 2014 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  7. Name*Wendi

I have chronic pain after numerous surgeries on my neck and would hope that it would be better pain relief than pills

January 6, 2014 at 7:49 pm | Reply
  8. Timmy

While I don't partake in substances, I think this is a wonderfully dynamic use of pastry/baked goods, doing what they're supposed to do, making people happy.

January 6, 2014 at 6:32 pm | Reply
    • Sandie

You have a nice attitude! Thank you for sharing it!

January 7, 2014 at 12:22 am | Reply
  9. jay

"Want something to eat?,"

"No thanks I'm driving."

January 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Reply
  10. M.E.

Protip: read the directions. I once downed 2/3rds of a bottle of marijuana iced tea only to discover that the whole bottle was four or five doses. I don't partake very often so my tolerance is pretty low and I was just hopelessly, uselessly stoned. All I could do was lay on my couch, watch several episodes of Star Trek and hope nobody called me or anything. I'm pretty sure the pop tarts in my apartment didn't make it out alive. Either way, learn from my mistake, read the label and follow it or lose your entire Saturday afternoon, the choice is yours.

January 6, 2014 at 5:20 pm | Reply
    • Janet

Thanks for the giggle.

January 6, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Reply
    • RealDeal

Now imagine instead of doing it one time and losing your Saturday afternoon, you do it all the time, for years, and lose your whole LIFE. Idiot stoners.

January 6, 2014 at 10:57 pm | Reply
      • Bob fromple

You must be fun at parties.

January 7, 2014 at 4:21 am | Reply
      • Carn E. Vore

I'd rather be around idiot stoners than holier-than-thou judgmental morons who hate the concept of individual freedom.

January 14, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Reply
  11. K10

The edibles you do have to be really careful with. You eat too much and don't enjoy the high, you get all paranoid.
    Thankfully the only time I've ever had any the guy I was with told me to only eat one, and boy am I glad I did. If I would've been by myself I would've eaten too many because I didn't start to feel it until hours later.
    I think they're great for people that use medical marijuana and can't smoke, but me personally I'd just much rather smoke it. Virginia, when are you going to legalize it? That's right, never, because we live in the stupid bible belt! We don't even have medical marijuana for cancer patients, something's wrong there.

January 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  12. VegasSmitty

There too stoned to know they are being ripped off!

January 6, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Reply
    • Mel

Even stoned they probably know it is "they're".

January 6, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  13. Professor Wake N. Bake

Now class, it is like I was saying.
    Err, what was I saying...?

January 6, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Reply
  14. Burbank

I ate pot brownies once and got a case of the trots so bad it wasn't even worth trying to get off the toilet for about 3 hours. Don't particulary want to repeat that experience. Like to smoke it though.

January 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  15. budgreen420

Jessica Catalano makes high-end cannabis cuisine in Colorado, as well. She does very interesting strain-specific recipes which are Colorado-specific. Very interesting stuff! Thanks for this article! Jessica's work can be seen here: http://theganjakitchenrevolution.blogspot.ca/

January 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  16. Stacey

Yay Colorado. Need to pass it here in fl

January 6, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Reply
  17. Uncle Al

Government solves the paradox of want amidst plenty by destroying the plenty.

January 6, 2014 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  18. HGBongs1

I'm rec user and prefer hexane hash. It is for sipping. I think edibles are ok for someone that wants to experiment to get the dosage and effects correct.

January 6, 2014 at 12:59 pm | Reply
  19. RC

It is easy to eat too much and get too high. One must be careful. ERs see alot of new users because they didn't feel the first or second brownie and ate three more only to get so paranoid they went to the hostpital.

January 6, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Reply
    • Al

Hey now, I thought it was impossible to OD on pot. Right?

January 6, 2014 at 1:57 pm | Reply
      • The Witty One

I'm pretty sure millions of people have died from injecting the marijuanas.

January 6, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Reply
      • Moseph

It won't kill you, but the experience of being "too high" can be really unpleasant, especially if you have never had it or you are in an unfamiliar enviroment.

January 6, 2014 at 2:10 pm | Reply
  20. Mancee Graice

My chocolate chip cookies are the only thing that helps my arthritic hips. Two cookies for dessert, and I wake up the next day pain free! Though they are a bit strong for newbies, so I don't share very often.

January 6, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  21. The Witty One

yummy.

January 6, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Reply
  22. RD

It's about time marijuana is legalized, 2014!!!, We're living in a new century, well, already 14 years into it but you get my point. Alcohol and tobacco both are legal but cause a tremendous amount of death within our population. Hopefully we can move forward as a people and mellow out.

January 6, 2014 at 11:53 am | Reply
  23. Homer10

Edibles are too good. You have to be careful with edibles. It's easy to over do it, and then it's not so fun. I'd rather smoke it unless I wanna get real hammered, then yeah bring out the cannabutter. But the length of time the high can last is too long for me. You want to be up and Adam the next day, and you realize Woo! that your still high. For long term pain relief edibles could be a good thing.

January 3, 2014 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  24. Truth™

I think I need to add a signature line to all my emails, saying "No, I cannot send you an ounce"...

January 3, 2014 at 4:08 pm | Reply
    • RC@ Truth™

Aww...c'mon dude! No one will know.......

January 3, 2014 at 4:27 pm | Reply
    • AleeD® @ Turth™

HA! See if you can create a signature line that also "houses" an acronym. NICSYAO.

January 3, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Reply
      • RC@ The acronym misstress

I got nuthin this time! I give.

January 5, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Reply
  25. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I think you know where I stand. Or sit, when things start spinning.

January 3, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Reply