Coffee klatsch
December 23rd, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Consider the weekly Coffee Klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic.

You can always find it from the link in the left rail, or by bookmarking http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/.

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. RC

Wow. Colorado beats Washington to the punch. Pot goes legal for sale Jan. 1st. We have to wait till 2014.

December 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm |
    • Truth@RC

Uhm...January 1 is 2014...
      But to be honest, mj is not my thing...and if I hear one more "rocky mountain high" joke, I'm going to take a life...

December 28, 2013 at 9:29 pm |
      • RC

Sorry, meant *later* in 2014. And yeah, not my thing either. Just thought it was interesting.

December 29, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
        • Truth™@RC

My guess is that it will be a non-event, though I've been wrong before. Not sure many people will start the habit if they've not picked it up previously.

December 29, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
        • AleeD® @ Turth™ & RC

I wholeheartedly support the legalizing of an organic substance that is less harmful & addictive than booze. Sadly that's not going to change any corporate factions anytime soon. Until THAT happens, those of us in manufacturing who want to keep their jobs will have to continue to abide by da man's rules and abstain.

SIGH.

December 29, 2013 at 4:18 pm |
        • Turth@AleeD, RC

Not to politicize a food blog, but in some ways, I am very much a libertarian...go ahead and smoke crab claws if that does it for you...

"You do your thing, I'll do mine" – Montgomery Gentry...

December 29, 2013 at 6:42 pm |
  2. AleeD®

Good morning Saturday Klatschers! Whew! After a very long nite, RC finally learned his lesson. Thing is, he can't seem to stop smiling ... 'magine that. ~_~

December 28, 2013 at 10:16 am |
    • RC@AleeD®

Whew! is right. Yes, I learned a thing or three. After I crawled up from the dungeon, I felt sooooo much better than when I was led down. That smile? Ain't goin' away any time soon:)

December 28, 2013 at 10:33 am |
  3. AleeD back from N.Fl.® @ Our Festive Editors

Love, love, love this week's photo. Merry New Year and Happy Christmas to all.

December 27, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
  4. RC

It's Friday, it's Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!
    God I hate that song! Hope everyone had a great Holiday and were all good boys and girls (except YOU AllyD :). Anyhoo, back to work with an eye toward some football this weekend and New Years Eve next week. Woohoo!

December 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
    • RC

Ohhhh-I'm in so much trouble. *AleeD* My apologies, Misstress!

December 27, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
    • AleeD back from N.Fl.® @ RC

Why yes ~_~ yes you are in trouble. ~_~ Last time we spoke, there were hot & cold treatments going on in the dungeon. Follow me young man and we'll start with cold ... then heat things up. ~_~

December 27, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
      • RC@AleeD

Hmmm....It's gonna be a long night......

December 27, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
        • AleeD® @ RC

Oh...yes It is. ~_~

December 27, 2013 at 7:27 pm |
        • Truth™@RC, AleeD

Well, I was going to stop in and say hello, but I think I will leave you two kids alone...Enjoy yourselves...;)

December 27, 2013 at 7:56 pm |
  5. Mary Shannon

Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know about all of you, but all my days are mixed up this week. Thursday felt like Monday, etc. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

December 27, 2013 at 9:21 am |
  6. RichardHead

TGIF–TGIF….Wait a minute, It's the last Friday of 2013 !! Guess we better make it a good one. My Footyball picks for this weekend are--Drum Roll plz….Broncos, Cardinals,'Da Bears and Eagles. And just to make everyone feel better on the East coast…( I can't believe I'm saying this ) The Giants.
    Eat 'Mo Beef and enjoy your weekend.

December 27, 2013 at 7:54 am |
  7. Ms. Grammar

Hope everyone's Christmas was as nice as mine. Not to change the subject, BUT...lots of trolls over on the McDonald's Website story. I would like to feel sorry for or pity them, but they make me SO MAD. And, by the way, how the person in the photo for that story can put food in their mouth with those filthy hands and disgustingly dirty fingernails is beyond me!

OK, that's out...feeling better now.

December 26, 2013 at 2:55 pm |
  8. The Witty One

Merry Christmas All!

December 26, 2013 at 9:09 am |
    • RichardHead@TWO

Merry Christmas my friend…I hope Santa treated you well.

December 26, 2013 at 9:19 am |
  9. RichardHead

Merry Christmas to my Friends and Family.

December 25, 2013 at 5:04 am |
    • Truth

And back at 'cha Bro!
      May we all see many, many more in the best of health and happiness...

December 25, 2013 at 6:59 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Merry merry happy happy to all you lovely people!

December 25, 2013 at 10:05 am |
      • RichardHead@KAT

I hope you realize that You and SLT have been our Christmas presents since you launched this Blog. Thank You.

December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am |
      • MicheleG™

Merry back at you two! Thank you for your kindness to us all! Cheers to you!

December 26, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
    • mary shannon

And to you! I hope you had a good day.

December 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm |
  10. Truth™

Good morning one and all, and peace on earth to all! Many Happy Returns to our own Ms. Grammar!

How is everyone doing today? Looks like brother JDizz got an early present...

December 24, 2013 at 8:34 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Merry Christmas,Bro…..Here's a vision for Everyones Christmas Eve enjoyment-I'm Twerking and Wassailing at the same time. They said it couldn't be done….HA!!! As for Jdizz and his early Christmas present…I have 4 Fresh cow patties wrapped in a Tony Romo jersey, ready to be lit on his front porch. That's the only QB that the niners will take down in the playoffs. Wipe your feet and enjoy the playoffs without them.

December 24, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yeay, boy! Let's see if I can post. Nothing seems to work today.

NINERS! Good way to send off Candlestick

December 24, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
        • RC

I agree. The end of an era and a great way to say goodbye to an icon.

December 24, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
  11. RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

Lalalalalalalala-cough,cough……HAPPY BIRTHDAY to You,HAPPY BIRTHDAY to You,HAPPY BIRTHDAY DearANDREA…..HAPPY BIRTHDAY to You, and MANY MOoooooooooooore. May Your Day be filled with Smiles,Hugs and Much Happiness.

December 24, 2013 at 6:30 am |
    • TNT

Bravo! Take a bow!
      Happy bday Ms. Grammar!
      Merry Christmas Eve day everyone! Have a merry Christmas! :)

December 24, 2013 at 7:04 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

Thanks everyone!! I had a blast! Got me a furry for my new place. It completes the place and feels like home! My home! She's a 4-year old rescue Silver Tabby that I've named Sophie!

December 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  12. RichardHead

Rumor has it that Tony Romo is OUT vs The Eagles on Sunday.

December 23, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
  13. RC

Wow. Talk about humbling. I think the 'Hawks have the intestinal fortitude to bounce back from their loss to the 'Cards, but that was the worst showing in 2 years. I think the NFC West is about to get VERY interesting!

December 23, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And with that, the NFC West is up for grabs and possible that three of the four teams make the playoffs.

Final game at Candlestick before moving into Levi Stadium next season, where Super Bowl 50 will be played in the next year or two. Can't remember which one it is, lol.

Niners VS Falcons 8:30pm EST on ESPN, be there!

December 23, 2013 at 9:23 am |
  15. Mary Shannon

Good morning, everyone! Up early once again on calls. I hope everyone had a good weekend and finished their shopping in time to enjoy some quiet.

December 23, 2013 at 6:58 am |
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

Good Morning--And a Christmas Miracle happened for Eli and Tony yesterday. Not so much for the SeaBirds against the RedBirds. Stay Safe and Warm Everybody.

December 23, 2013 at 8:29 am |