July 18th, 2013

1. NYC Fitness Events

I always over tip. I don't ever tip bad. If the waiter is doing a poor job i ask them to come back every 10 min's to check on the table. If he does that usually everything turns out well.

January 29, 2014 at 8:09 pm |
  2. Phebe Blas

WOW! Wonderful and well deserved.

September 5, 2013 at 12:42 am |
  3. rolls eyes

Yes because spending the money on the food itself means nothing. it's totally worth losing a customer base.

August 8, 2013 at 3:59 pm |
  4. David Hoffman

Unless you get bad service from the server, tip well. If you get bad service from the server, ask to speak to the manager about the situation in a calm manner, as soon as possible. Do NOT punish a server for a kitchen mistake by decreasing tip amount, talk to the manager.

I hope the living wage movement grows and is successful. When I was a child, a reasonable good tip was 10% of the total bill. Easy to calculate. Almost all of it went to the server. Some went to the busboy, if applicable. Not a nickle to anyone else. Today the customer is expected to provide the server with enough of a tip for not only the server's actions but also for the busboy, barkeep, kitchen help, hostess, and almost manager. Total is about 33% of the entire bill. Enough already. Forced tip sharing has gotten out of hand and is usually illegal.

August 8, 2013 at 2:15 pm |
  5. ticketmaster phone number perth wa

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this subject, it may not be a taboo topic however usually persons are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

July 23, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

What?

This reads a lot like those "Nigerian Prince in financial straits" e-mails I get.

July 23, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
  6. Asha

I always leave at least a 20% tip (I know how it is, I've worked in the food industry), but what if the service is exceptionally horrible? I suggest that whatever restaurant is making a tipper "blacklist" look at their customer service and not just blame the patrons.

July 18, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
  7. Felix

A successful restaurant can be incredibly lucrative. Head chefs driving expensive sport cars to work... I've know owners who drive an average car to work because their Rolls would send the wrong message and this car they hide in one of their garages at home because it would be an embarrassment to have it parked where it could be seen. Oh, the Rolls owner, she only owns two mediocre New Mexican restauants selling essentially tacos, burritos, beans and rice – an upscale TV dinner in my personal opinion. So a restaurant owner doesn't need to run anything fancier than a McDonalds to make bank.
    Washington D.C. is center of a great new concept called "living wage". They are going to requirelarge businesses like Wally Mart, to pay their employees a living wage so they won't have to rely on food stamps and government handouts like the majority of their employees must do.
    All stores, including food stores (aka restaurant) should pay a living wage.
    Tipping should return to it original intent which is to show gratitude for acceptation service and not to augment an underpaid employees wage.

July 18, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
    • Felix

moderated? for what?

July 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
    • sally

Greedy restauranteurs just don't want to pay their employees. They want their customers to do it. They love sitting in their cushy offices while their servants make them money and their customers pay the servants. It borders on fascism.

July 26, 2013 at 6:47 pm |
  8. taco bender

Tipping should be outlawed. Along with lobbying.

July 18, 2013 at 2:50 pm |
  9. Voter

Tipping is a very liberal concept...Consider the mindset: "I get paid, but I think I don't make enough, so I want you to gimme gimme gimme, so I can make more." Nothing more than income redistribution.

July 18, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
    • Jane

Considering most waitstaff receive WELL under minimum wage to deal with rotten people like you, I think the tip is usually well deserved. If you have an issue, take it up with their boss.

July 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
  10. Steves

No table? No business for you.

July 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
  11. Bad Tipper

If I left that bad a tip, chances are I'm not coming back anyway.

July 18, 2013 at 11:25 am |
    • Weeds

10-4

July 18, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
    • Bill

Exactly this.

July 22, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,054 other followers