[Update: A representative from the Food Network has issued a statement saying: “Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month.”]
Celebrity chef Paula Deen apologized Friday for "the wrong that I've done," a move that follows revelations this week that she admitted to using a racial epithet in the past.
"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done," Deen said in the video statement. "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness."
Deen said earlier in the day she would release a video. Her office would not officially confirm the video and it has since been removed from YouTube.
Read more at CNN Entertainment
A second video, also unconfirmed by Deen's office, was posted today.
Next entry »And the bride bore a bacon bouquet
« Previous entryToday's food-delivering drone: The Burrito Bomber