Coffee klatsch
March 21st, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

1. Jean Matricaria

" Author Seeks Poems, Stories Supporting
    People with Intellectual and Developmental Differences"

"I'm asking people to send me poems or short stories that are about
    people with special needs," "Hopefully, I would like
    them to be stories of inclusion or how our friends have excelled."

I'm hoping people will send me poems and stories of how people have stepped

up to help those with intellectual and developmental differences by

including them somehow or creating an opportunity for them. There was

a story online recently where three high school seniors gave a crown

to a special needs boy. I want happy things like that.

100% of the Proceeds will go to The Rhythmic Arts Project (TRAP)

The TRAP program has been successful in addressing basic life skills
    concerning cognitive, emotional, and physical disabilities. Through
    inventive exercises, the program teaches and enhances basic life
    skills, such as: maintaining focus, using memory, socialization, turn
    taking, developing leadership, recognition and use of numbers, shapes,
    and colors, spatial awareness, fine and gross motor coordination,
    following instructions, and communication. Group teaching occurs in an
    environment that is supportive, cooperative, and fun, and members
    naturally develop confidence and a positive self-image.

If they don't have a story and want to be a part of the book, they can

donate, and they will be included on a page in the front of the book.

Send submissions to Jean Matricaria, 9715 W. Broward Blvd. P.O. Box 199, Plantation, FL

33324. Include the submission, plus an email address or a

self-addressed, stamped envelope. All proceeds from the sale of the

book will benefit The Rhythmic Arts Project. Visit http://www.Traponline.org..

The Rhythmic Arts Project is a 501 ( c ) 3 Non- Profit Organization
    and all donations are tax free
    Please made your donation payable to: The Rhythmic Arts Project.

March 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Reply
  2. buongiorno

here

March 22, 2013 at 12:08 am | Reply
  3. JbJingles from moms pueblo

*raises hand*. HERE!

March 21, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  4. Truth™

Good morning all!
    How is everyone doing today?

March 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Reply
  5. AleeD Ghost Posting®

Yo.

March 21, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Hi there, nice lady, where have you been?

March 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Reply
  6. MicheleG™

PRESENT! and accounted for......

March 21, 2013 at 10:31 am | Reply
  7. HarleyGirl

Good morning all! It's a balmy 23 degrees here, and has been snowing for 3 days now. Yeah, spring my butt! We have these birds, Killdeer, that lay their eggs on the ground. I can see two of them out there sitting on their eggs in the snow. Boy, did they get the spring thing wrong. Here's my take on the pic. I don't know why she broke up with me? I told her I was gonna give her the ride of her life. Guess the ferris wheel wasn't the thing she had in mind. I'm such a loser!
    Have a good day all!

March 21, 2013 at 10:05 am | Reply
  8. Breaking News!™

This just in, North Korea is continuing their ongoing campaign of sukkin around for a butt whoopin.

March 21, 2013 at 9:21 am | Reply
  9. spacecalculus

DJ AstroMath®

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIXyKmElvv8&w=640&h=390]

March 21, 2013 at 8:18 am | Reply
  10. Mary Shannon

Good morning...another grey dreary day here, high of 38. I heard a rumor that its spring but can't substantiate.

On the bright side...tomorrow is Friday.

March 21, 2013 at 8:15 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Mary S.

We could always audition to become the Cadbury Bunny-nothing says Spring like a chocolate egg. I guess I'm still in time out by the ModBotz....Sigh.

March 21, 2013 at 9:06 am | Reply
  11. RichardHead

Is Everybody in a Sleeping Sequester? My MIA list includes-–
    Sir Biddle,Jerv, Two,JB Jingles,AleeD,Ms.Grammar,and My Brother-Truth. Did Peter Pan throw too much sleepy dust?
    WAKE UP EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!
    On a more jovial note-I got an e-mail yesterday from change.org ( they got my address when I agreed to sign a petition against Pink Slime....which actually worked–imagine that-) wanting me to sign demanding an apology from CNN for the coverage of the Ohio teen rape case. Well,it is CNN and Poppy Harlow and Suzanne Malveaux are still HOT-I can see the outrage concerning this networks coverage of the trial. Ohhh,and Jeff Zucker is Still a PUTZ !!!. Yeah,I signed it. The only two that work at this place with ANY Common Sense are our Fearless Leaders. Just MHO.
    Enjoy your Day Everyone.

March 21, 2013 at 7:53 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Moderated again???? Was it something I said--Hahahahahaha!!!

March 21, 2013 at 7:57 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Thank You Fearless Leaders.....

March 21, 2013 at 9:46 am | Reply
    • Ms Grammar

Present and accounted for. Pulling 50+ hour weeks lately – already have 47 this week, and have to work on Saturday. Ah, well, at least is makes paying the bills easier. However, I believe I might KILL for an extra 2 hours sleep in the AM (at work by 5:30 am). Enough about me...how's WD?

March 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Reply