Coffee klatsch
March 5th, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch • Uncategorized

Next entry »
« Previous entry
  1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

I have a trip planned for mid April to Marbella, Spain and we will be taking a day trip over to Tangier, Morocco...land of spyces!!

I just read that you can get an ounce of saffron for about $12. I've never looked at the prices, so not sure that is good or whether I should go for some other options...hoping to pick up a cookbook/recipes while I'm there as well.

Any ideas??

March 5, 2013 at 6:49 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Hrmmmmm...I'm gonna take that to Twitter for you. AND – the cup of joe was one of the best I had in ages! At Husk Restaurant in Charleston, SC last week. (What? You didn't notice I was gone?)

March 5, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles_from the casa

Sorry, I was feeling a little down yesterday and the coffee cup just looked sad to me for some reason...lonely maybe?

I was reading yesterday aboout the souks selling fake saffron over in Tangier, so next question would be how to check for that on the spot?? I've never bought saffron before, so I wouldn't know the difference. yikes

March 6, 2013 at 9:01 am | Reply
        • Kat Kinsman

I have a pile of spice books gathered, looking for answers!

March 6, 2013 at 9:13 am |
        • Donavan@J B Jingles

I'm just mad about Saffron...Saffron's mad about me...They call it Mellow Yellow...

March 6, 2013 at 10:12 am |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Greetings and good afternoon all. I see some things back to normal, now I can see if any of our flamenons are posting on other threads at least! :) Spring sprung here last week in the high 70's, low 80's, now dropping back into winter...highs in the 50's next few days.

And btw, that is one sad looking cup of joe.

March 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Reply
  3. spacecalculus

DJ AstroMath®

March 5, 2013 at 11:44 am | Reply
  4. spacecalculus

March 5, 2013 at 11:33 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

NO. Just NO. I must offset this badness

March 5, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  5. Truth™

Good morning all. Typical spring in Colorado. Yesterday we got hit with snow, tomorrow we'll be in the sixties.

Busy week at the office as well. Stay safe all!

March 5, 2013 at 9:23 am | Reply
  6. Mary Shannon

Morning! I'm with MT, need spring need spring. I feel like I have hardly seen sunshine since October (not counting vacation), I'm so looking forward to being able to sit on the deck in the evening with the furries again. Someday.

The storm is headed our way, maybe....forecasters aren't really sure and aren't willing to guess. So, Wednesday will be a surprise. Have a good one, everyone.

March 5, 2013 at 9:19 am | Reply
  7. Kat Kinsman

Hiiiiiii! I was in South Carolina for a few days and then was out for a bit yesterday. The tech team was doing something with the Twitter module and inadvertently took away the comments module in the right rail. I put 'em back.

Klatsch isn't listed in the right rail recent posts because the higher-ups asked us to try a few things to highlight other content, but you can always get to it with this link: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/category/buzz/coffee-klatsch/

xxKK

March 5, 2013 at 9:01 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Howdy ho! Glad you are back and things are looking good!

March 5, 2013 at 10:04 am | Reply
  8. RichardHead

Good Morning-How do we check for fever on garage door springs,window springs,slinky springs ? Stay warm...:)

March 5, 2013 at 8:06 am | Reply
    • M T Nest

With a thermometer, silly. Ezier to use the digital vs the old... we'll ya know.😉

March 5, 2013 at 8:43 am | Reply
  9. M T Nest

Good am, all! Is it just me or does anyone else have a major case of Spring fever? Gonna hit low 40's by the end of week, woo-hoo!
    @Jdizz, Did ya get slammed w/snow? The weather your way looked pretty wicked.

March 5, 2013 at 7:50 am | Reply