Coffee klatsch
February 25th, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. spacecalculus

DJ AstroMath®

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg&w=640&h=390]

February 25, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Reply
  2. JBJ

Yo. Happy post Oscars Monday everyone! I lost my signature... Did I miss anything fun last week?

February 25, 2013 at 10:56 am | Reply
  3. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I can't see the link to the Klatch! I just followed the one to who posted recently.

Berry, Berry Sneaky, Kat.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_O_2CSL_RY&w=640&h=390]

February 25, 2013 at 10:47 am | Reply
  4. spacecalculus

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEiPXAYE-U&w=640&h=390]

February 25, 2013 at 10:22 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Oh, Snap! SpaceMath just went all East Coast gangsta on us. Tupac disapproves.

February 25, 2013 at 10:41 am | Reply
      • spacecalculus

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdWXS3BPt_0&w=640&h=390]

NASA Hosts Media Teleconference About Black Hole Studies

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately I need to reserve the dial-in lines for recognized media. You can listen to the telecon at http://www.nasa.gov/newsaudio.

J.D.

Thanks,

P.D.

February 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  5. Truth™

Good morning all froma cold and snowy Denver. Got about a foot yesterday and I think the state is in the midst of their "Let's see how long we can ignore the roads" campaign. Driving yesterday was an experience. Glad i could take the bus this morning.

How is everyone doing today?

February 25, 2013 at 8:45 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Did your shipment arrive ok yesterday? I was wondering with the weather you were having if all would be ok.

February 25, 2013 at 9:10 am | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary

All is good. The trek out to DIA was less than fun, but all is safe and set. Will keep you posted.

February 25, 2013 at 9:12 am | Reply
  6. Sir Biddle

Morning crew!

Anyone in the market for a gently used outdoor patio table? It is in great shape other than the 18 in saw track I accidentally ripped into it as I was ripping a sheet of plywood this weekend. Lil Biddle's new bed is costing me a fortune in more ways than one.

February 25, 2013 at 8:35 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle

February 25, 2013 at 9:16 am | Reply
      • Turth™@Biddle

Ouch!
        Looks like a great way to cut yourself. Keep the gauze and tetnus shot handy.

February 25, 2013 at 9:30 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Oh, you noticed the perfect spacing for little fingers too. Mrs Biddle is never going to let me live this one down.

February 25, 2013 at 9:39 am |
      • Al

Nice job, Tim.

February 25, 2013 at 10:42 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Soooooo the sparks shooting off your saw wasn't a clue that you weren't cutting just wood? ;)

If you want to save the table, get a piece of clear acrylic cut to fit the outer rim of the table (and a hole for the umbrella if you have one). Use clear silicone to adhere it down to the outer rim of the table frame.

February 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Reply
      • Turth™@AleeD

That is a GREAT idea!
        There's more to you than just pure molten secks appeal wrapped in a coating of torrid, unadulterated lu$t...

February 25, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@Turth™

Thanks. Doin' Good for the Hood from the Gutter – or the dumpster as Sir Bid would have you believe. ;)

February 25, 2013 at 12:20 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

I guess my circular saw cuts aluminum pretty easy. Good idea on the acrylic rim job if I can't find a decently priced replacement. Figure with spring coming, places will have stuff on sale.

February 25, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@Sir Biddle

I thought you'd pick up on the rim comment. :) It would be worth comparison shopping cuz a piece of acrylic can cost as much as a new table – depending on what you want and how long you want to take ribbing from Madame Biddle. ;)

February 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I missed it. I must be losing it. =(

February 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Great minds. Likely just as best to get a new table than patch it and be reminded of it.

Jdizz – What did you miss?

February 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

The rim job thing. I was looking for the south park clip where eric asks his mom what it is, then decided what was popping up in my searches was bordering NSFW. Funny clip

February 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
  7. RichardHead

So you need something Lively you say.....How about some Spotted Dick from a Real London Pub? Orrrrr--I hear Ikea has a Special on Swedish Meatballs--Neigh I Say. Have a Good Day.

February 25, 2013 at 7:58 am | Reply
    • HarleyGirl

Richard-I think they have medication for that. Rub it on briskly, and say ah... lol...

February 25, 2013 at 9:12 am | Reply
  8. AleeD®

G'morning all! *yawn* Had a great weekend. Didn't sleep worth a, um, poo last nite. Someone toss me something lively around 2pm, k? In the meantime, this should help:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTuD8k3JvxQ&w=640&h=390]
    SO, how was YOUR weekend?

February 25, 2013 at 6:56 am | Reply