Coffee klatsch
January 29th, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. spacecalculus

Coffee, music and the news...☆☆☆☆☆

January 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning and happy Tootsday (nod to RH)! Brrr, low of 42, high of 58 today. Dreaming of warmer weather somewhere...AleeD I may have to make a visit to your fine state in the next week or so... Super duper busy here, but good to be back at work, less dizzy. Vertigo is the pitts!

January 29, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
    • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

"Have to" because it's cold where you live in sunny CA? ;)
      Sorry about the vertigo. I'll cut the motor on the Cold Stone so it'll stop spinning, too. Deej, will just have to settle for the rack this afternoon.

January 29, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Yes, it's cold in sunny So. Cal! We do have winter here once in a while... Although I've been in FL in Jan/Feb where you are just as cold...

January 29, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
        • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Amen Sistah. February is our worst month in Floridor: rainy, cold, miserable is the rule. Hopefully you'll be able to visit during a good stretch of weather.

January 29, 2013 at 2:34 pm |
  3. Truth™

Example number 1,536,051 of people acting the fool on social media. I have to say, that I have no clue what drives people sometimes...

January 29, 2013 at 10:55 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I'd hit it.

January 29, 2013 at 11:19 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Love how they publicly post her phone number and email address.

January 29, 2013 at 11:27 am |
  4. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

I see spacecalculus is still passing out bad acid. What gives with that stuff man, this isn't an exclusive group by any means, but you're getting in the weeds with the random videos.

January 29, 2013 at 10:44 am |
    • MoooHammad HairyBack

May 10000 camels poop in his breakfast cereal.....

January 29, 2013 at 10:58 am |
    • spacecalculus

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvohMXgcBo&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2013 at 1:14 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

Now you're getting the hang of it!

If you're a geography kind of guy, check this out, nothing political intended and safe for work: http://www.rethinkingschools.org/just_fun/games/mapgame.html

January 29, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
        • spacecalculus

You are the best, thank you.

January 29, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
        • Truth™@Biddle

Speaking of bizarre clips, here's a flashback. Would have given me nightmares as a kid...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgWn7zbgxZ4&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@Truth

I'm not even going to ask where you found that.

January 29, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
    • spacecalculus

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0K_n3VLG4&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Isn't that Sarah's dog or something?

January 29, 2013 at 9:55 am |
  6. RichardHead

Good Morning Kidz from the Hot and Humid Valley of the Great State of Texas ( Please remain standing and remove your hats until "All my Exe's Live in Texas has finished playing...Thank You )....I got lucky this time by not being in Little Mexico–but Edinburgh,Tx, where the Senorita's are HOT and the Salsa is Hotter. My little Mexican food place is still here and open...best food this side of the Border. I'm waiting on my trailer to be loaded with Fresh Avacado's so all the East Coasters ( that means YOU Mary Shannon ) can have their guacamole for Super Bowl Sunday. The only downside to this.....it's going to WallyWorld Distribution center in North Carolina--a waste of a whole day while they try to decide when they will unload the trailer. Oh well-at least I should be home in time to watch the Big Game. Anyway, enjoy your Tootsday everybody..stay safe and warm since I'll be relaxing with the air conditioner cranked up. :))

January 29, 2013 at 9:26 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Dang. You're WAY down there. I bet the food must be pretty good that far South. I love Mexican food. My fave.

January 29, 2013 at 9:37 am |
      • RichardHead@Jdizz

That's what She said......How 'ya doin' Bro?

January 29, 2013 at 9:43 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Good. Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep. Waiting for Sunday. Today is media feeding frenzy day. I wonder who the first numbskull will be to guarantee a victory.

January 29, 2013 at 9:56 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Safe travels and watch those NC drivers, a lot of them are transplants from NJ!!

January 29, 2013 at 9:52 am |
      • RichardHead@Mary S

My map seems to be missing some pages with any State that starts with N on the east coast.. I shall keep a vigilant eye open for anyone that eats chili with beans.

January 29, 2013 at 9:58 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Since you mention chili....my new favorite is white chicken chili. I know, its not at all Texas style but dayum was it delicious.

January 29, 2013 at 10:21 am |
  7. Mary Shannon

Morning! Not much going on here today, a couple of calls and that's about it. Have a good one.

January 29, 2013 at 9:12 am |
  8. spacecalculus

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgr26CiTiCk&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMOzvmgVhc&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2013 at 8:31 am |
  9. Truth™, with a Public Service Announcement

Attention all drivers:
    Just because you have four wheel drive, does NOT mean you necessarily have four wheel traction. Nor does it mean that your vehicle will have ANY traction on ice. If you insist on driving too fast, you WILL skid off the road. That means the other cars you were in such a hurry to pass will ultimately arrive at their destinations ahead of you.

Thank you, and you may now return to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

January 29, 2013 at 8:30 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Someone didn't take the bus today, I presume?

January 29, 2013 at 9:12 am |
      • Truth™@Mary

Nope, it is audit week, so I need to have the car for the mandatory lunch meeting.

January 29, 2013 at 9:19 am |
        • RichardHead@Truth

How many pencil pushers can you cram into a Prius?

January 29, 2013 at 9:29 am |
        • Truth™@RichHead

I don't let them IN the vehicle, rather I srap them to the roof and hood, Bambi-style.

January 29, 2013 at 10:12 am |
        • Mary Shannon

There's a visual for you....your car driving past Mile High Stadium (or whatever its called these days) with a couple of suits on top of the car.

January 29, 2013 at 10:48 am |
        • AleeD®@Mary S

Those suits would create alot of wind ..... resistance. Turth's gas mileage would drop under the US Standard rating for Priuses (Priusii? Priusae?). Hmmm. What would the plural of Prius be?

January 29, 2013 at 10:54 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Bambi tastes good. Just don't strap him to the hood. The heat will spoil the meat.

January 29, 2013 at 11:20 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Where's Ms. Grammar when we need her? All I can think of is Pinto or Corvair....

January 29, 2013 at 11:30 am |
        • AleeD®@RichHd

If you squeeze several of them together, you get a Humvee with really good gas mileage.

January 29, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
  10. spacecalculus

“It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

January 29, 2013 at 7:43 am |
  11. AleeD®

Morning Turth™. What's snow? Sounds nice to play in, but I would I want to live with it? Hmmmm.
    Morning everyone. High of 82; low of 65; no rain expected 'til late mañana. Hope y'all have a "Going to California" kind of day.

January 29, 2013 at 7:41 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Did you remember all your necessary accessories today, ma'am?

January 29, 2013 at 9:11 am |
      • AleeD®@Mary S

Yes I did. Thank you for asking. All"s right with the world this morning. ;)

BTW, if he accepts the offer, we may soon have a new engineering manager.

January 29, 2013 at 10:33 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Yippee, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Only problem is that its a "he" and not a "she".

January 29, 2013 at 10:46 am |
        • AleeD®@Mary S

Ah, it's ok. I've been working under men for years.

...hmmm ...

January 29, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
        • Truth™@AleeD

Well, now THAT explains a lot...;)

January 29, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
        • AleeD®@Turth™

Why suh, whatever do you mean? *blinking big blue eyes innocently*
          ~_~

January 29, 2013 at 2:37 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Watch out for those eyes, they're like tractor beams, they'll suck you right in.

January 29, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

A harmonic resonance pulse should provide enough feedback to disengage the tractor beam.

January 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm |
  12. Truth™

Good morning all!
    Busy day ahead here. Denver woke to three inches of snow from last night. Makes for a fun commute.

How is everyone doing today?

January 29, 2013 at 7:25 am |
  13. Photo Captain®

"Ah ha! There's my waitress. Yo biotch. Refill. Here. Thanksyou'regreat."

January 29, 2013 at 7:21 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,045 other followers