Coffee klatsch
January 16th, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Just watched RichHead get chased down on national TV at lunch.

January 16, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Sheesh. This page is full of joy. This is your neck of the woods, Rich?

January 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Link to the page might help, LOL

January 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

In other news, I'm thinking of heading to Southern Spain for my birthday with mom and girlfriend...I have a timeshare week banked with the exchange company and it's expiring in April... There are day trips to Tanzier, Morocco – so question is what spyce(s) would you shop for there? The flying carpet probably not, but a snake charmer, belly dancer, and camel ride are on my list of things to do... :D

January 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Turmeric,Saffron and cinnamon....plus 3 belly dancers for me.

January 16, 2013 at 12:18 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Only 3? Can I send them to you on a flying carpet? Jeannie (nod to Truth) style?

January 16, 2013 at 1:05 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

Since this is a family food blog, I shall refrain from such snarky ( Nod to AleeD ) remarks as tenderizing the meat during Naked Grilling Season,etc.. Plus gotta watch the blood pressure...so yeah, 3 would be good.

January 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

Not a spice, but PRESERVED LEMON! Absolutely wonderful in savory dishes, especially tangines and other stews!

January 16, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning class! I think I forgot to check in yesterday (Tootsday), so here I am this morning. 40 degrees going up to 70, 30 degree spread!!?? No wonder so many are sick around these parts.

RH – I soooo know what you mean on the tomato thang, I hate them, ask them not to put them on, they do, I pull them off, then the slimy little seeds are left. YUCK

Off to Phoenix to see mom on Friday for the long holiday weekend...we get Monday off. :D

January 16, 2013 at 11:14 am |
    • RichardHead

I hear 'ya Babe....Seriously-I'm tempted to say.."No Redo Thingos on my chicken samich". What really pizz's me off is I always order this samich with cheese and they hide the tomato under it. YUCK indeed !!

January 16, 2013 at 11:40 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

That is soo wrong to hide that thing under cheese! Hubs likes tomatoes (and ketchup) so when he goes or orders a samich for me, he conviently forgets to tell them no tomato so he can have an extra....wrong wrong wrong.

January 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

HMMMM–Perhaps a Ripe tomato throwing contest is in order...with you know who as a target. :))

January 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
        • Truth™@JBJ, RichHead

Denver actually has one of those every summer. Never seen it, as I think it for the younger (and inebriated) crowd...

January 16, 2013 at 12:27 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH & Truth

OK, so the secret plan is to take hubs to Denver and put him in the tomato throwing event, with a white shirt on...

January 16, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
        • AleeD®@Tomato Chuckers

...and nothing else. ~_~

January 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  4. Truth™

Good morning all, and I thinnk it time to get things kicked off on the horse DNA thread...

January 16, 2013 at 11:10 am |
    • HarleyGirl

Hey Truth and to everyone else! I just left the first comment on the horse thread. This is something dear to my heart. I'm a total animal lover. As a matter of fact, I'm dealing with 2 sick cats right now. Just before Christmas, one of my barn cats got an eye infection. She is now totally blind, and is now a permanent resident of the house. She is doing pretty good learning to navigate the house. I also have an indoor/outdoor cat. He must have gotten whacked in the eye by another cat. Now, I'm dealing with his injured eye. Although, I got him neutered, too. I hope that takes the "battlecat" out of him. By the time I'm done with all the medical aspects, I will have a $1000 bucks into 2 cats! Yeah, call me crazy!
      So Truth, heard it is pretty cold in your parts. My boss said it was too cold to ski yesterday! Is it ever too cold to ski? lol..I know I have skied in blizzards with 30 below wind chill. Again, call me crazy! We have a cold snap coming with snow. It has been a very strange winter. Have a great day everybody!

January 16, 2013 at 11:24 am |
      • Truth™@Harley

I can appreciate...I've usually had a cat for most of my adult life, and it is amazing just how much you bond with and love the little critters, even when they are bad. best of luck with yours.

As to too cold to ski, I think it is all a matter of age. In my twenties, I was the guy who was there at the lift when it fired up first thing in the a.m., and would go all day until the lift stopped running. Now, I like to go up midweek, and am content to call it a day by two or so. Maybe it is old age, so I can understand the boss's reluctance to brave the cold. Down here in Denver we just finished a cold snap, with highs in the teens. The mountains saw worse, so I can understand your boss's thinking.

On a related note, I am scheduled to teach a friend to ski this weekend, which is often an EXCELLENT way to kill any relationship. Should be interesting.

January 16, 2013 at 11:54 am |
        • HarleyGirl

Lol! I hear ya on that teaching thing! Good luck, and may it go smoothly, and your friendship survives. Besides, when you are done with your lesson, there is always alcohol to make it all better!

January 16, 2013 at 11:59 am |
  5. RichardHead

Can I axe y'all a question? Is that Lance Armstrong in today's picture...cuz he's wearing " Pedal Pushers "...:)) Yes I crack myself up at times. I may need to borrow a couple of Vegans to throw under the trailer tires to get some traction and get me out of this Mississippi podunk town. I like ice...but only in my drinks. Make it a Great Hump Day All, I'll be here awhile from the looks of it.

January 16, 2013 at 8:45 am |
    • AleeD®

Yo Bro! GoodONya. You managed to do what I couldn't: make a comment about the man-in-capris without sounding snarky. KUTGW.
      Now I have a question for you: since when have you ever been able to get any traction with vegans?

January 16, 2013 at 9:01 am |
      • RichardHead@My Sista'

Thank You,Thank You...I'm here all week. Vegans actually are excellent just for this purpose. I can roll them up and keep them in the side box...they don't eat much,an occasional Tomato from my #7 Homestyle chicken sandwich at Wendy's–(and why is it soooooo hard to hold the tomato when requested by the customer at ordering time? Guess I should learn more Spanish ) plus I can breeze thru the weigh station without the extra weight.

January 16, 2013 at 9:20 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Its hard to hold them cause tomatos in their cut form are slippery.

January 16, 2013 at 9:50 am |
        • RichardHead@Mary S.

Everybody's a comedian on hump day. How's the Furries doing?

January 16, 2013 at 10:07 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Furries are good, very happy with the newly fallen snow, they love to play in it and eat it. Be safe out there!

January 16, 2013 at 10:41 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

I saw that pic and it made me laugh hysterically. I couldn't not share it.

January 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  6. Mary Shannon

Morning! MT, i hope you're feeling better today. AleeD, better pull out the thermals with those temps!

We got about 5 inches of snow, its sort of heavy but not too bad to shovel yet. We'll see what the rest of today brings, the original forecast was for freezing rain during the day today, so that could get tricky.

Ok, folks, already on a conference call right now, and several more throughout the day. Its Wednesday...enough said. Have fun, everyone!

January 16, 2013 at 8:37 am |
    • AleeD®@MTN & MaryS

Oh, I forgot to mention that hubby & I are heading to N.FL (that is not a nose-picker's thing) this weekend. The temps there are forecasted to be two to three degrees COLDER than at home.

Now where did I put those wintersilks .... ? ^_^

January 16, 2013 at 9:07 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Have a great weekend, I hope its a get away for fun!

January 16, 2013 at 9:19 am |
        • AleeD®@MaryS

It's for the matriarch's surprise 80th gathering. "Fun" is a relative term (see what I did there?). But thank you for the well wishes.

January 16, 2013 at 10:44 am |
  7. AleeD®

G'morning MTN and all the happy Klatschers. Today's high is expected to be 80 with a low of 65. Tomorrow is going to be brisk: high of 69; low of 48. Brrrrrrr. Humpy Hapday to all!

January 16, 2013 at 7:25 am |
    • M T Nest

Hi AleeD! We're hovering at about 22 degrees right now, wanna trade? (I didn't think so. :) ) No funny remark about your highs for tomor? I'll just leave that 1 for someone else...lol! Have a good day!

January 16, 2013 at 8:24 am |
  8. M T Nest

Good am! Looks like the guy in the pic is drinking an iced mocha...YUM!

January 16, 2013 at 7:15 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,295 other followers