Coffee klatsch
January 3rd, 2013

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Truth™

Hey, did we just get a new virtual paintjob here in the Klatch???

Like it, but will take some time to get used to. I don't do change well. Still writing 1985 in the date line of all my checks...

January 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

We have a new food service company in our cafeteria, and I have now discovered tasty Kennebec Potatoes! Today was a tunafish sandwich with lemon and capers on a brioche bun, and Kennebec potatoe chips with cajun seasoning. Yummm

January 3, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Reply
    • Unidentified Hipster with worn out vocabulary@JBJ

Kennebec potato chips with cajun seasoning?

Nom!

January 3, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Unidentified Hipster with worn out vocabulary

What-everrrr! :D

January 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  3. Mary Shannon with a Question for Today

What word or phrase do you hope not to ever hear in 2013?

One of mine would have to be using "yw" instead of typing "you're welcome". If you mean it, take the time to say it.

January 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@Mary's Question of the Day

Where to begin...So many are so annoying...
      – "Whatever" Self Explanatory
      – "Co-Inky-Dink" – Often used by a woman trying to be cute in explaining a "coincidence"...Here's a hint Honey, it is not cute, and that is NOT a coincidence.
      – "Downsizing", "Rightsizing" or any other corporatespeak for layoffs. Call it what it is.
      – Absolutely ANYTHING uttered by a Kardashian, Cast member of "The View", member of congress, or Ryan Secrest.
      – Any argument that is supported by the phrases "But it's for the children" or "But if it saves just one life..."

January 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

YOLO
      Swag
      Nom
      Pimp

January 3, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary's Question of the Day, Kat

Wow, I am old...had to look a couple up...

January 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@Kat

You don't want to hear the acronym for
        Person
        In the
        Management
        Profession?
        ^_^

January 3, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

My doctor saying "I'm so sorry, you have terminal cancer."

January 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@MicG™

Wow. What made you think of that? That's definitely on my list of what not to hear, but I was going in a much lighter vein. Like Mary's yw, mine is TY in place of "thank you." One department uses that like you breathe.

Definitely don't want to hear, "You were only one number off from winning PowerBall!" Something would have to die.

January 3, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

Tote-ally, Dude!

Another tedious phrase: "What-ever!"

(And the Doctor would say "Joking! Just joking!" And I'd do something rude and abrupt to him.)

January 3, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Oops! Apologies to JBJ!

January 3, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

No apology needed, it was just a quinkie dink that I was using a word from Turth's list! :)

January 3, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MS_QforT

I think we have a new generation of texters entering the work force...I see some (not a lot) of "text" language being used in email and other communications...BRB, ty, yvw, 4u, 2day... Makes you wonder if these will ever become the norm (like norm)?

January 3, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Reply
    • M T Nest

No question..."I know, right"...just annoys me to no end!

January 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Reply
      • Kat Kinsman

Where the hell did that start and can someone rill quick invent a time machine to go back and make it stop?

January 3, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  4. Truth™

Interesting perspective from the other side of the pond on how we are dealing with our issues...

January 3, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Reply
  5. Mary Shannon

I am really proud to live in the NY county that has made national news for denying a Freedom of Information Law request to provide the names and addresses of registered gun owners to the local newspaper for publication.

January 3, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Really. Wish the bone heads would allow themselves to understand that it's defending ourselves against those who DON'T follow the rules is the big issue.

January 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Absolutely, can't agree more.

January 3, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Reply
      • Turth™@MicheleG, with a nod to Mary

Our family lived in a heavily wooded area, on a cul-de-sac, with woods all around. Dad was also an NRA hunter safety instructor. Had my first BB gun at age 8, a .22 at twelve, a .410 at fourteen and a 12 gauge at sixteen. One of my life's most timely coincidences wass bagging a buck on my first day of deer season in November 1981.

Now all that said, I have no clue why anyone needs to own an assault rifle. If you are thinking "Home protection", go with a twelve gauge loaded with buckshot instead since you will likely be in the dark, disoriented and hopped up on adrenaline during a break-in. Not to mention that the sound alone of a pump action being racked will catch an intruder's attention all on its own.

Gun control is pretty much completely analogous to illegal drugs. Those who obey the law will not use. Those who don't care about laws will do what they want. Columbine happened during a national assault weapon ban, btw.

What grinds my gears is just how quickly the politicians used Aurora, Columbine and Newtown to politicize a tragedy.

*steps down off soapbox*

January 3, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

"Like"

January 3, 2013 at 2:27 pm |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

It's Turdsday (nod to RH), that is all. This blasted bug I have is just not wanting to leave me...hoping to see the doc today and succomb to stronger meds, the Nyquil, Mucinex, Bendryl, and vitamins are just not doing it.

And did I read there was a Tazer sighting? Where??

January 3, 2013 at 11:13 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@JBJ

It's about time you joined the party–sorry your still feeling ill. TazerWarriorPrincess.com is the latest sighting. From the looks of it,she is back in full force. As for the Dr.......just breath on him and you'll get some Super Tylenol and perhaps some Thera-Flu. Just get some rest if at all possible.

January 3, 2013 at 11:22 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@RichHd & JBJ

And Rich's proven remedy: chicken noodle soup & chocolate milk. o_0 Hey, whatever works.

I still like my remedy of adding Vitamin C to bourbon. It doesn't necessarily knock out the cold, but it helps you give less of a cr@p about it. ^_^

January 3, 2013 at 11:58 am | Reply
  7. RichardHead

Well I'm batting 1,000-just got moderated on Tazer's website. Would that be considered an Oxy-Moron? :))

January 3, 2013 at 10:34 am | Reply
    • Truth™@RichHead

It was good to see her name in the inbox this morning, but I missed the memo about why she hates hybrids...

January 3, 2013 at 11:05 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

I must concur about the inbox-perhaps she will expound on the website. If I remember correctly her car was hit in the parking lot at work-being a Prius it couldn't have been traveling too fast to cause any damage. :))

January 3, 2013 at 11:10 am | Reply
  8. MicheleG™

I'm being moderated.....insult or honor?

January 3, 2013 at 9:28 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@MG

An Honor of course–a Badge of Courage to be exact. How's things on the left coast?

January 3, 2013 at 9:34 am | Reply
      • MicheleG™

Hi there! The Left Coast is cold and BLASTY windy! Gusts up to 70 mph! We are all tying everything down.

January 3, 2013 at 10:06 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Nice! Someone over ruled the mod bots...I'm "here" now!

January 3, 2013 at 10:09 am | Reply
      • Kat Kinsman

I wrassled that bot and broke its mean metal butt.

January 3, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Nothin' in the queue. Has it shown up?

January 3, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  9. MicheleG™

Howdy ho ho ho from a savagely windy southern Cal.

Temps in the 30's (overnight) and gusts up to 70 mph.

January 3, 2013 at 9:27 am | Reply
  10. MicheleG™

Howdy ho from a savagely windy southern Cal.

Temps in the 30's (overnight) and gusts up to 70 mph.

January 3, 2013 at 9:24 am | Reply
  11. Mary Shannon

Good chilly morning! Its 9:06 am on the east coast, and it is 7 degrees....yuck yuck yuck. My heating system isn't intended to deal with temps this low so its rather cold in here this morning.

January 3, 2013 at 9:07 am | Reply
  12. RichardHead

Hormel Foods to buy Skippy Peanut Butter brand from Unilever......Hmmmm..a bacon flavored Peanut Butter perhaps?

January 3, 2013 at 9:02 am | Reply
    • Kyle

Oooh... maple bacon maybe? Hopefully it has more flavor than their "chili" from a can...

January 3, 2013 at 9:19 am | Reply
  13. Truth™

Good morning all. A big news day here in the Klatch, as Tazer has resurfaced and is apparently the only person who hated 2012 more than I did. Let's hope she pops in. I miss her creative profanity.

January 3, 2013 at 8:41 am | Reply
  14. *****BREAKING NEWS*****

Tazer Warrior Princess admits in writing she wants to " Boost " a Wienermobile...Nancy Pelosi demands an immediate Congressional Investigation. Film at 11:00. That is all...

January 3, 2013 at 7:27 am | Reply
  15. AleeD®@Kat K

HA! FTR, moderated on 1/3. Which word(s?) did me in?

January 3, 2013 at 7:01 am | Reply
  16. AleeD®

Morning all! It's very froggy this morning. Some places 'round here have mere feet of visibility.

Couldn't resist the tat query, Rich. It's almost as interesting to hear/see where someone put their tat as why they got the one they chose. How are you feeling today? Are you mixing in plenty of bourbon with your vitamin C? Things are ramping up at work (vague food reference for Weeds). Still no eng mgr, but the Veep interviewed a candidate before the holiday break. So we'll see how this one pans out.

Happy Third-sday to everyone!

January 3, 2013 at 7:00 am | Reply
  17. RichardHead w/ Photo Caption

A younger Kat Kinsman with a sly smile on her face...has decided to buck the establishment and get her first tattoo.

January 3, 2013 at 6:10 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Where?

January 3, 2013 at 6:49 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

On an undisclosed area upon her person.......What's Happenin' Sista"? My chicken noodle soup and chocolate milk remedy did the trick......I feel 100 % better today.

January 3, 2013 at 7:00 am | Reply
        • AleeD®@RichHd

Welp, I had a reply to your question and a question about your remedy, but it got moderated. Glad to hear you're feeling better without it.

January 3, 2013 at 7:05 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Hahahahaha....they got me on 1/1 so my record stands intact. STOOOOOOPID ModBots. :)))

January 3, 2013 at 7:12 am |