Coffee klatsch
December 28th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. hosting stron gdansk

Amazing issues here. I'm very glad to look your post.
    Thanks a lot and I am having a look forward to contact you.
    Will you please drop me a mail?

January 8, 2014 at 3:17 am |
  2. mary shannon

Good morning! The snow is done, I'm gueesing about 5 inches, just enough to mess up a whole Sat. JBJ I hope you feel better soon!

December 30, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • Nana bee

Hello to all of you shivering folks up north.....from sunny 58 degrees Tampa!!! While not exactly our usual warm city, it's cold and crisp great time to make my corn smoked ham chowder!! Just rest and get ready to see the old out and bring in some much needed fresh air with 2013!!!

December 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  3. JBJingles_from the casa

Good morning fellow flamenons! Well it's morning anywho. I started feeling better yesterday, sore throat was easing, then it came back with a vengence last night...*sigh* 4 days off work and the only party I'll be having is a germ party... Maybe I can postpone the new year until next weekend. Klatsch On!

December 30, 2012 at 9:31 am |
  4. Craig

SOUTHERN for the NEW YEAR Celebration – I produce an indie cooking series called Real Food Real Kitchens and by far my favorite episode was one featuring a woman named Sabrina sharing her families Southern Sunday Dinner. Just today I thought, 'Perfect menu for New Year's Day family gathering.' You can check the episode free on Hulu http://www.hulu.com/watch/413599

December 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
  5. AleeD®

Bon Après-midi Mes Amis! Hoppy New Year to all! Made it home from DE with all parts in tact. Rained like a biotch on the drive from the airport, rained this morning on the way to a hair appointment, slipped while getting into the truck and jammed the bejesus out of my big toe. Nothing but steel-toed stilettos for a week. Nothing broken, but I can't stop on a dime for a while. ^_^

As the proctologist said to the constipated patient, "This too shall pass."

December 29, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Applause! Well said! Compliments Word for the day: Tippy toes........!

December 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  6. Mary Shannon

Good afternoon, all, from the cold snowy northeast. The snow started in earnest around noon, and has been coming down steadily ever since. I just got my new integrated modem set up, so that was my plan for today. Can't go out...I'll probably read.

December 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
    • Truth™@Mary

At least with it being a weekend, more people should be home to participate in the "Car Rodeo"...:)

December 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
      • mary shannon

Oh yes, just what I need, more idiots getting in the way.

Todays adventure was seeing a sheriff car, multiple fire vehicles, elec co and plumbing truck next door (on the other side). The woman who hasn't been home in a year came back and found her home flooded. Luckily nothing made it to my side.

December 29, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
        • RichardHead@MS

Find your ice skates and go next door. Nothing better than an inside ice rink. :))

December 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
      • mary shannon

Just took the girls out and let them chase each other around in the snow, should tire them out for a bit.

I also baked bread but it didn't rise very much, we'll see how it tastes.

December 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  7. TX4UREXKARLENE

A very nice man in overalls from MG&E Mo gas & electric just left / we have yet to change our name on the bill & the heater is on it's last leg ... Idk , I'm just waitin for Spring !

December 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  8. Truth™

Good morning all from a warm and balmy Denver. We are enjoying 14 degrees right now, but we're lucky considering that the northeast is getting ready to get pounded again.

How's everyone doing today?

December 29, 2012 at 11:21 am |
    • JBJingles_from the casa

And I'm whining about an arctic 39 degrees....stay warm!

December 29, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning or early afternoon,which ever applies. What's your plans for the weekend?

December 29, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
      • Truth™@RichHead

At the office all day today, then the usual errands tomorrow. And you?

December 29, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
        • RichardHead@Truth

Year end stuff,Huh? Waiting to get a load to Houston,without having to go to Arkansas to pick something up. The life of a truck driver–Sigh. Enjoy the weekend Bro. :))

December 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  9. JBJingles_from the casa

Wake up little fishies, it's Saturday! Brrrr, we have another storm coming in and it is coooold. What's for breakfast??

December 29, 2012 at 10:11 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

I just had the Sausage Slam at Denny's. Not bad. What's on tap for the weekend?

December 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

"on tap"! LOL Coors light please. Actually I still have the sniffles, slept most of yesterday, and plan on being a slug today too... I see HGTV and Food Network in my immediate future... Are you home now??

December 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

Nope, sitting in Granite City,Mo....waiting on dispatch to get me something to Houston. Drink a Cold one for me.

December 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Drive safe my friend! Granite City, Missourah huh? If you fly by Winona, give my peeps a honk! :)

December 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  10. JBJingles_from the casa

Anyone have any cooking plans for New Years?? I usually make Beef Wellington bites with bearnaise sauce and some shrimps coc.k.tail, maybe a cheese ball and crackers...yummy finger foods!

December 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • MicheleG™

The party, I mean Party! is at your house!

December 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the casa

Sure! Since hubs doesn't really care for anything I cook...he would rather have mac n cheese or pizza... *sigh*

December 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
        • RichardHead

Meat and Taters,Meat and Taters for The New Year. A finely smoked Texas Brisket ( with my secret ingredients ) Double baked potatoes and a fine ice cold BEER!! Send Hubs over,we can watch the NEW TV together. It's a MAN Thang, :))

December 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Actually that sounds pretty good, but too much like a Sunday dinner. SirB, we will do some pierogies (sp) for hubs Pollak roots, and he has to have herring for good luck (yuk). And for my love of all things bacon....some bacon wrapped shrimps stuffed with pepper jack cheese. :)

December 28, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
        • Truth™@JBJ

Bacon...wrapped...shrimp...?!?!

take me, I'm yours!

December 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • RichardHead

Do YOU know where that finger has been?

December 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

Sounds delish...what time does the party start???

December 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

Gotta do something with cabbage for good luck, prosperity and all that jazz. Not sure the real meaning, but just our family tradition.

If I don't talk to the crew before then, I hope everyone has a Hap Hap Happy New Year! Thank you Kat and SLT for another year of putting up with us on the Klatch.

December 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  11. Mildred

I have to check... but we got about 6" of snow, with more expected over the weekend, then a dry cold blast. Wow... it's actually winter....

How's everyone today?

December 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
  12. Mary Shannon

I just saw a Facebook post that our old friend, AngryBabyKitty, lost her dog last night, it was hit by a car after getting away from the person walking it. Very sad.

December 28, 2012 at 11:47 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

I am so sorry to hear this :,-(

December 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  13. MicheleG™

Howdy ho! LIKE the cheery photo! HUGS to you!

December 28, 2012 at 11:02 am |
    • JBJingles_from the casa

I know, isn't it the best!?

December 28, 2012 at 11:52 am |
  14. Mary Shannon

Oh, and I LOVE the photo today, nice job Kat and SLT.

December 28, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  15. Mary Shannon

Good morning and Happy Friday! Pretty chilly here, too, but not as cold as Denver, we're about 26 with wind chills bringing it down to 21. More snow and yuck expected here over the weekend, and that doesn't count the Giants game. :-(

Last evening's big excitement here was someone (by accident or not) set a dumpster on fire. With all of the holiday wrappings in there, that thing lit up! Since this is a good, safe area, despite the idiots, I have to presume someone threw in fireplace ashes or a cigarette, took the fire dept about an hour to put it out and make sure there were no flare ups. Fun, fun.

Have a nice Friday, all.

December 28, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  16. JBJingles_from the casa

Morning. I feel like the grandma that got run over by the reindeer...had a slight sore throat and headache yesterday, which worsened overnight...ugh. Oh and looks like I started a fire storm over on the 6 must haves yesterday, geez, I'll stop trying to be funny as these people have no sense of humor!! Happy Friday!

December 28, 2012 at 9:26 am |
    • Dr. RichardHead

You Needa my No fail remedy........Ice cold chocolate milk with a big shot of Jack Daniels plus,Chicken Noodle soup with a few splashes of Tobasco sauce. You don't need to be sick. Getta Wella Soon. :))

December 28, 2012 at 9:38 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa

What? No bacon?? ;)

December 28, 2012 at 10:06 am |
  17. Truth™

Good morning all, from a chilly Denver. 9 degrees this morning, but at least it is a sort-of long weekend.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

December 28, 2012 at 8:35 am |
  18. RichardHead

It's FRIDAY KIDZ,IT'S FRIDAY........YAY!!!! I don't know what I'm happy about 'cuz Big Blue and I are in Chicago--NOT my kinda town...SIGH. Well I see that AleeD is STILL Naughty and that Sir Biddle made it home to finish off the case of scotch I got him. Just a couple more days and I'll be home n WARM Katy,Texas. Now that makes me HAPPY. Have a Great Day my friends. I'll be in and out today. Hopefully Kat,Hubs and the whippet got some heat for some great cooking.

December 28, 2012 at 6:25 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

I left Chicago in 1992 ! I never liked it ...

December 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
      • RichardHead@TX4U

Hahaha,I Must concur. How's things in MO? I'm sitting in Granite City waiting on a load home. Seems as if dispatchers could figure it out Tyler,Tx is Nowhere near Houston. Guess they'll figure it out. Have a Great weekend.

December 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
        • TX4UREXKARLENE

Have a safe trip ! I Love it it Is Beautiful / not fond of paying personal property tax on the things I own :( !! Hope everyone on here has a Prosperous New Year & a mild hangover ;-)

December 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,377 other followers