December 27th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

(p.s. This post currently has no picture because I got home from the airport at 1:15 a.m. and have no heat and if I don't climb in bed this second, I will freeze to death. The fact that there is a Klatsch today at all is proof of my love for you. - Love, Kat.)

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™_with a PSA

This is a food blog, it is only a food blog, please act accordingly. If you found your way here thinking this was a political blog, please excuse yourself now. Thank you and have a nice day.

December 27, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Reply
    • ROMNEY 2016: WE MUST SAVE THE EARTH

Keep on fiddling while Rome burns!

December 27, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Bored with your Christmas toys already? It figures. How's grandma's basement by the way?

December 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  2. Santa Claus ~ Unclean Monster of GREED

HO HO HO
    You Americans have been VERY naughty this year, I'd give you all coal but you'd probably be happy for the free power.
    I think I'll just skip all you hosers because I don't want to get shot for coming down your chimney.

La 'ilaa-ha 'il-lal-laa-hu mu-ham-ma-dur ra-soo-lul-laah
    La 'ilaa-ha 'il-lal-laa-hu mu-ham-ma-dur ra-soo-lul-laah
    La 'ilaa-ha 'il-lal-laa-hu mu-ham-ma-dur ra-soo-lul-laah

December 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Reply
  3. Norquist Saves America

Democrats are driving the country off the fiscal cliff and all you hipsters care about is yippin' about your coffee?

GET A JOB

December 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@NSA

No, I believe you are the one driving off a mental cliff...we all have jobs thankyouverymuch. In case you didn't notice, this is a food blog. Just sayin'.

December 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

Nice try, but why bother? Trolls never listen.

December 27, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Reply
  4. Sir Biddle

Ho Ho Ho Ho HO!!! Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas. Flew back to DC last night and dodged the midwest storm last week as well as the nice little weather mixer yesterday. The little Biddles did great on both flights and Christmas was a mellow for a change. Father in-law comes in tomorrow so we get to do Christmas again with Mrs Biddle's family.

RH – Thanks for the Christmas well wishes. You've got away with words and hope you enjoyed yours.

December 27, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Reply
  5. Mildred

I'm only in a 5-9" predicted snowfall band... I hope everyone else is safe and warm!

Kat- my kitty was hanging out by the radiators until my fiance and I got home to provide snuggling body warmth.

December 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Reply
  6. Queen of Everything from the Castle

Morning, glories! I'm happy to report that I mae it home last night and did not have to bunk at the hospital. We got 14 inche of snow yesterday at our house but the Hubs was able to get the snowblower out and clear our driveway before I got home last night. Unfortunately, Thing 2 is sick and hasn't kept anything down for about 12 hours so we may be getting some IV fluids this afternoon. Happy Thursday to me :(

December 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Reply
    • AleeD

But 14 inches is impressive no matter what you're talking about. ~_~

December 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoE

Glad you made it home safe, but sorry about Thing 2! Oh how I remember those days...no fondly of course.

December 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Reply
    • Mildred

*hugs and healthy vibes*

December 27, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Reply
  7. MicheleG™

LOVE you, Kat for this post thread. No pic, certainly no prob!

December 27, 2012 at 11:41 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I'll provide todays picture... I don't have one of the Ninjabread Men, so this will have to do. :)

December 27, 2012 at 11:54 am | Reply
      • MicheleG™

NICE! "Like" it!

December 27, 2012 at 11:55 am | Reply
  8. Norquist Saves America

Is this the typical liberal blog party?

Are you serving freshly murdered fetuses dusted with bong resin?

December 27, 2012 at 11:23 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

And another poor child left behind Thanks to the Obozo administration. Skools out,let the kiddie trolls begin from Mommies basement.

December 27, 2012 at 11:37 am | Reply
      • Truth™@RichHead

Don't you just hate when people politicize a food blog?

December 27, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
      • MicheleG™

I mean, really......neither mules (or would that be donkeys? Burros?) nor elephants (Indian or African?) are edible.

December 27, 2012 at 11:54 am | Reply
        • AleeD

Donkeys? I was picturing a$$es.

December 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Nice, again.......

December 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
  9. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning fellow flamenons! Thank you Kat for freezing your little fingers to the bone for us this morning! :)

Insurance guy says he won't authorize any more work on the roof, and of course, hubs failed to tell him we still have a leak...but he did write us a check for $4k to cover the other stuff, now to see how much the Serv Pro peeps will charge...

December 27, 2012 at 11:16 am | Reply
  10. AleeD

Good morning fellow frozen flameons! It's 38 degrees in Felton, DE this morning. Brrr. And here I thought that number was reserved for men's pants sizes. Ha! Going to see The Hobbit later today. Has anyone else seen it yet?

December 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

If you've seen one Hobbit,you've seen 'em all. What's UP Sista' ?

December 27, 2012 at 10:49 am | Reply
      • AleeD

Hey bro! It's been so long since I've read the book, it'll be like a whole new story. Hv you de-iced Big Blue yet?

December 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Reply
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Bid Blue is hanging in there......once I start heading south for time off and hit the Texas line...a hot bath,wax and detail are in order....for both of us. Ohhhh My. :))

December 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Don't forget your mani pedi thingy...

December 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

Thanks for reminding me....it is time to trim those toe nails.

December 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

No problemo, don't forget the manscaping also, eyebrow wax, etc. We aim to make you bootiful! ;)

December 27, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  11. Mary Shannon - Car Rodeo Update

Happy to report that I was the first section of the parking lot moved and cleared with no casualty to vehicles or persons. That is all.

December 27, 2012 at 10:24 am | Reply
    • AleeD

What's a snow plow?

December 27, 2012 at 10:37 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon - Car Rodeo Update

I'm surprised you didn't see any in DE, although I guess this was more of a northern storm. Have a great vacation!

December 27, 2012 at 10:50 am | Reply
        • AleeD

Rained yestiddy like the world's coming to an end. No snow this time. Sorry you hv to be out in that mess just to move ur car. Vicious winds today. For the weather alone, i'm looking forward to getting back to Floridar.

December 27, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • RichardHead@MS

Did 'ya win a belt buckle and some cash?

December 27, 2012 at 10:50 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon - Car Rodeo Update

I wish. My prize was that I got to go back inside my warm house instead of standing outside in the freezing rain. I guess that is as good as a buckle. :-)

December 27, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply
  12. Truth™

Good morning all, and welcome home to Kat. Hopefully the heat situation gets resolved quickly. If it is any comfort, Denver woke up to eight degrees again today.

How is everyone doing today?

December 27, 2012 at 9:08 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

8 degrees??? I remember ONCE when I had a confrontation with 8 degrees and it won! Major YUCK to single digit temps!

December 27, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
    • AleeD

It's funny. Every time you tell us your temperature this time of year, it seems like you leave off a number. ;-)

December 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Reply
  13. Mary Shannon

Good morning. We had about 4 inches of snow followed by ice and now finally rain. The snow that hasn't melted is now heavy slush, pretty much impossible to shovel. My neighbors are away so I get to move their car as well as mine when the community plows come through.

If any of you have ever lived in a condo or townhouse complex in a snowy area, you know what i mean about how much fun it is when everyone tries to move their cars all at once, instead of doing it in a building by building orderly fashion. I refer to it as the car rodeo.

Have a great day, folks!!!

December 27, 2012 at 8:56 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@MS

I'm good for at least 8 seconds...that's what I've been told. :)) A car rodeo,sounds interesting. Are barrels involved?

December 27, 2012 at 9:16 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

I'll try to draw a picture for you. We've got 6 buildings, 10 townhouses in each (or so) in an oval configuration. There's one road that runs through the oval, with a median in the middle. Cars park facing the units and around the median, so there's maybe, maybe room for two cars to pass on the road. Add to this pickup truck driven snowplows who are zipping around, trying to get done fast so they can move on to the next house.

The way its supposed to work is the plow beeps his horn in front of a building, everyone rushes out and politely moves their car to somewhere on the complex out of the way. In reality, said people take their own sweet time, some never come out at all, and the plows are forced to plow around standing cars. When the idiots do move their cars, they might move 20 feet or so and sit idling in the driving lane and the plows have to avoid them, too.

We have designated parking spaces and heaven forbid an idling car move into someone else's space during the plowfest (which is what is supposed to happen, clear, move, clear, move), the owners come out and pitch a fit. I hate living in a communal atmosphere.

December 27, 2012 at 9:26 am | Reply
  14. RichardHead

Hmmmm,No picture today which means we get to use our imagination........Kat buried deep under the covers with her Whippet in between herself and Hubs,when she wakes and Yells.....I need some coffee Dammit. HA!! Thanks Kitten...We Love 'ya back. Still icy in Ohio,sooooo it's gonna be clean up inside of Big Blue Day. At least I have heat. Stay warm everyone.

December 27, 2012 at 8:27 am | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

My poor greyhound cried all night because he was cold! Nice boiler dude just left. Let's see if his magic worked.

December 27, 2012 at 11:00 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything from the Castle@Kat

Thanks for not freezing to death! That would have been a really crummy start to the new year.

December 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Reply