Coffee klatsch
December 26th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@funny stuff

Funny tweets on the Netflix outage on Christmas...my two favorites:

Aaron Zamost (‏@zamosta)

"Amazon Web Services crashes on Christmas Eve, taking out Netflix but not Amazon Video. Somewhere, (Amazon CEO) Jeff Bezos reads "The Grinch" to his kids."
    #Vanityreloaded2k13 ‏(@GeorgeJalloh)

"Some kid probably asked Santa for #Netflix to be down so his parents would pay attention to him. Leave me out of your problems, kid."

December 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Oooh, and something for RH, unnerwears for his Boones Farm...

Accoutrements Vinderpants

December 26, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
    • RichardHead

Nice choice....I would look like a French chef while smoking my brisket. BTW-when your insurance guy gets there,accidentally knock over the ladder while he's on the roof. Then play the poor helpless housewife that can't put the ladder back up. Betcha that roof gets fixed right this time. That will be $ 10.00 plz. :))

December 26, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Ha, nice one! But hubs is home alone (well almost Odie is there) with said insurance guy, probly talking nonstopblahblahblah to the guy and will forget to even tell him the roof is still leaking, *sigh*, why do I have to do everything!?

Oh, and here's another gift idea to mull over... LOL

Accoutrements Emergency Underpants Dispenser

December 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
        • Mary Shannon

I love their suggested add-on sale item: Maybe You Touched Your Genitals Hand Sanitizer.

December 26, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MS

Yes, they do like to 'bundle' the goods up! LOL AleeD could have some fun with this stuff...

December 26, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I think I just found a new ornament for me tree next year... :D

Accoutrements Ornament – Bacon

December 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

I love the description: Color – Bacon

December 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
  4. Queen of Everything

Happy day after Christmas! We're currently experiencing a blizzard in our fair city and of course, I'm at work. :( I've already got a bed reserved on one of our closed units since it doesn't look like I'll be making it home tonight.

December 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning class, and yes I made it home yesterday without incident at either airports...only to find our internet and phone out, again, at home. Ugh. Seems TWC can't get their act together on their "bundled" services...maybe time to unbundle, although that sounds cold. Woke up to pouring rain and the familiar sound of that one big DRIP in my attic, that they said they repaired. Insurance guy coming over this morn to see damage to compare estimates. Hmmm.

Back to work today, but another short week, and then next week too! We get New Years Eve off this year, a first for us, so it will give some time to put away the Christmas stuff and clean up the house.

Anyone have plans for New Years??

December 26, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

I had to do the same thing to my cable modem, power had gone out and the modem (and the phone box and the wireless too) all had to be shut down and powered up in sequence. Isn't technology fun?

December 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  6. Mildred

I hope everyone survived yesterday and had a good time!

Things were good for me... except for... a friend of my brother's who attacked us (my brother, my Jewish fiance, and Pagan me) on Facebook for engaging in gross exploitative greed by taking out our 79 year-old mom (who couldn't have made it up the stairs to either of my brother's or my apartments) out of her nursing home and to the movies followed by a Japanese restaurant because we didn't ask the people who were working at the movie theater or the restaurant if they been pressured to work on the holiday by their profit-loving employers.

I mean, I get it that there are corporations out there that force people to work on holidays with threats of disciplinary action or outright job termination. Apparently, she's worked for some of those companies and I feel sorry for her. But isn't it a bit much to assume that anyone working on Christmas is being oppressed by their employer? I've worked for a big corporation and a state agency where we had 24/7 coverage. Since Christmas isn't a holiday for me, in those jobs I worked Christmas so someone else could be with their families.

*sigh* Sorry to dump on people here... but I'm just so frustrated and there's no use in trying to reason with her. Because we didn't ask every employee we encountered yesterday, we were supporting corporate greed.

December 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Truth™@Mildred

My condolences. I have long believed that FB's motto should be: "Destroying marriages, families, dignity and careers since 2006". I swear that before all is said and done, that site will wreck more lives than drugs, booze and gambling combined.

December 26, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mil & Truth

Ouch, that's a little harsh and unneccesary (inho). I wonder too if people actually want to work the holidays for the extra money (if they get the OT)? I know when I was younger and struggling, I volunteered to work holidays any chance I got...another agle for that.

December 26, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

That sounds like an excellent example of why they created the "unfriend" capability. Jeez, talk about lack of holiday spirit and good will.

December 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  7. Ms. Grammar

Belated Merry Christmas greetings! Is it me, or does it appear the cream has curdled in the cup in the photo? Or, maybe it's a cup of soup.

Well, first Chrismas without Mom...and it went suprisingly well! Don't get me wrong; there was a Mom-sized hole in all the preparations and festivities, but were all enjoying ourselves – something she would have wanted.

I hope 2013 is a MUCH better year for ALL of us. Love to all!

December 26, 2012 at 11:51 am |
    • Mildred

I think it's supposed to be cream in that "just poured and allowed to bloom in the cup, but not stirred in yet" state of making coffee.

December 26, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • RichardHead

$5.00 says it's either Grits 0r oatmeal...maybe. I could sure use a couple Rutt's right now...my stomach is growling.

December 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
  8. RichardHead

Good Monday Morning Kidz from a snowy,sleeting Columbus,Ohio. What a mess and Stooooopid people are driving way too fast for road conditions. At least I'm at the company yard away from the dummies. I wonder if JBJ and Hubs made it home yet on Cheapo Airlines? Stay Safe and Warm Everyone. Ms P. this stuff is headed your way and it ain't pretty. Prepare the Furries....:))

December 26, 2012 at 11:17 am |
    • RichardHead

OOOOOOps,I mean wends day morning,it just seems like Monday.

December 26, 2012 at 11:23 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Thanks for the warning! Our winter weather advisory starts in less than 2 hours, can't wait. Stay safe out there and watch out for the chronically stooopid.

December 26, 2012 at 11:23 am |
  9. Mary Shannon

Good morning! I echo MT's sentiments about everyone having a good day yesterday. Now I'm back to work after having been off two weeks and have 400+ emails to deal with, woo hoo. Storm's headed our way in the northeast, so batten down the hatches.

December 26, 2012 at 8:51 am |
  10. M T Nest

Good am all! I hope everyone had a merry day, yesterday...I know we did...thanks sis! I read your comments the other day, how nice that you all became such good friends! (I feel out of place here, like I invaded your privacy) My sis & I were fortunate enough to make a new bff from a blog, too. (well over a yr now) There's nothing we wouldn't do for her, she's the best! Any hoo, good day all!

December 26, 2012 at 8:34 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,657 other followers