Coffee klatsch
December 24th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. wendy

hello folksies! been a loooong time since i visited this ole blog... how's everyone doing? been lotsa changes round these parts this past year... hoping that 2013 is nicer to my friends and I. but It's Christmas today, and i have my fuzzy red fleece on and my fuzzy black Uggs... so i'm warm and toasty here at work. Merry Christmas everyone!

December 24, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
    • RichardHead@Wendy

Well if it isn't the BBQ Queen herself.Merry Christmas,Wendy. How have you been? Last time I heard from you a new house was in the making. Stay warm and safe.

December 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  2. Truth™

Ok, since this is a CNN site, I will share this. I thought it was downright hysterical:

December 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  3. MicheleG™

in reply to RH: Going to visit my two wonderful daughters and my grandsons this Holiday and bask in familial warmth. Sounds trite to put it that way but it is still true and good. My cup does overflow!

LOVE to you all! Here's to making it last throughout the year! Let kindness be your first impulse rather than only after thinking about it.

December 24, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  4. Mildred

I hope everyone is having a good day, and good pre-holiday if you celebrate Christmas.

Tomorrow my fiance, my brother, and I are springing my Mom from her nursing home, going to a movie (probably Les Mis) and then to an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet place (with a kitchen menu to feed Mom from).

December 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
  5. Photo Caption™

Despite her inner resentment at being the only one left to staff the office, Stephanie gets an evil little smirk on her face at the thought o what she did to her colleagues' food in the common refrigerator...

December 24, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
    • MicheleG™

I'm going down memory lane on this one and the ever so pertinent caption.
      The "community" refrig is definitely in the cross hairs.....

Be careful what containers you open (and HOW you open them) upon returning after vacation....be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry careful!

December 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  6. Truth™@SLT

Can you check the moderation queue, please. Nothing bad in there, I a$$ure you...

December 24, 2012 at 10:46 am |
  7. Truth™

Good morning all, and please accept all the best wishes at this time of year. I always find myself on Christmas Eve feeling a little bit of joy, some sadness at the year gone by, and a lot of gratitude for what I've got. Mostly that means a job I like, good health, lots of friends and all the blessings that life in modern day America brings. Despite our issues and infighting, I still believe we live in the greatest nation on the face of the Earth.

I lack the articulation of my Bro RichHead, but suffice it to say, that I deeply care about those who frequent (and run) our Klatch. MANY thanks to all who keep this group going on a daily basis. This little corner of the interwebs is a quiet refuge (ok, sometimes not so quiet) where I can stop by and get a laugh, some insight, some food for thought (no pun), or just share a thought or problem. This year we have seen birth, death, joy, pain, loss, a wedding, new job opportunities and above all, hope. No small thing in these times. Much love and many thanks to all, and may 2013 bring us continued health, success and happiness.

December 24, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • MicheleG™

"LIKE!" 'DITTO!!!!!!!"

December 24, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
      • Mildred

Ditto Ditto!

December 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Please refrain from using such big words as articulation–sounds like something we could find in AleeD's Dungeon. It looks like Truck Stops of America and I have a Turkey Buffet lined up for Xmas Day. Bring it on....I'll be here until my hours catch up to me....Sigh.

December 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  8. RichardHead@Kat

Oh Fearless Leader–Please check the que as I have been moderated on Christmas Eve..:((( Thank You.

December 24, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • Sarah LeTrent

Kat is out, but I got you!

December 24, 2012 at 9:16 am |
      • RichardHead

Thanks SLT-may you and your family and friends have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

December 24, 2012 at 9:35 am |
      • Pepe LaPew

Sorry that I spelled your last name wrong-It must be something in the Indiana air.

December 24, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  9. RichardHead

It's Christmas Eve–Yay !! So it looks like I will be celebrating Christmas in Queenies backyard–Indianapolis IN. There could be worse places I guess..:)) SOOOOO–as a yearly tradition I normally have my Dear Santa Letter,but this year I'm doing something different. I shall call it my Thanks for The Gift letter,so here it goes....
    @ Kat Kinsman and Sarah LaTrent–Your gift to me for the past few years has been a place to call Home while I'm out on the road. I've made so many close friends on this Blog that you both have given me a Very Special Gift. Thank You so much.
    @Truth...To My True Brother...Not only have you taught me Patience,but your wisdom and sincere advice have helped me immensely this past couple of years. You Will always be The Smartest Man in the Room. May you have a Merry,Merry and a Happy Happy.
    @JBJingles–You My Dear have taught me Strength–how to roll with the punches of everyday Life and continue on. Your a Very Strong Woman with a positive attitude,plus Your The Worlds Greatest GrandMa. Thanks for always checking on me when I haven't posted in a few days. Your Where's Waldo E-Mails crack me Up. Thank You and may You,Hubs,Odie and The Family have a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy.
    @Tazer Warrior Princess–" She's THE Purrtiest Woman That I've Ever Seen " in A Wonder Woman sort of way. You My Darling have given me the gift Of Laughter throughout the years. Thanks for being there for me.....Note to self...Renew Tazers WatchTower newspaper subscription so they can continue to ring her doorbell at all hours of the day and night. I Love You,Babe..Thank You.
    @AleeD–I have seen Santa's Naughty List this year and even though JDizzle again made #1–You My Dear cracked the top 5. You Naughty,Naughty Girl. :)) You are an inspiration to all the pole dancers at Dick's Den of Delight. I can remember when you first started posting here..so shy,so innocent-Damn,you had us fooled. AleeD,Your gift to me this year was the Greatest of them All...Your kind words in the E-mail you sent me after the passing of WD will be something I can Never forget...They lifted a great burden of sorrow and grief from my shoulders and for that I am eternally grateful. I Love You,Sista'.
    @Sir Biddle-You BoneHead-The case of scotch is on it's way to Iowa. You Sir gave me the gift of Life with the picture you sent me of you holding Lil' Biddle 2. I can see a Very Proud Poppa in your eyes and I know in the coming years Lil' Biddle will make you very proud. Have a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy.
    @Jerv,My Lil' Buddy-You have taught me how to laugh at myself..I really don't know what the Klatch would do without you being here. Thank You my good friend-I'm working on a Lifetime pass to Triple D's for 'ya But it does NOT include Balcony access...You remember what happened last time. May You and Pop's have a wonderful Holiday and please give Jack a couple extra hugs and treats for me.
    @QOE--My BFF even though she takes her sweet time in answering E-Mails. You haven't taught me squat–because your The Queen..:)))) Thanks M...your always there for me.
    Well folks that about does it for another year–I wish I had a Gift to give back to each and everyone of you. The only thing I can do is try to be a better person in 2013 and learn from each of you.
    Merry Christmas,My Family......Jim

December 24, 2012 at 9:00 am |
    • mary shannon

Stay safe out there, and find somewhere to grab a Christmas dinner! I know I'm a newbie (sort of) here so I will try not to be hurt by not making your list. :-)

December 24, 2012 at 10:41 am |
      • RichardHead@Mary

You DID make the list....I'm sending you a separate e-mail if these flunkies can ever get me unloaded after sitting here for 3 hours. I'll send it from the Truck Stop. Merry Christmas Ms P. Is Barbie Eli crying on Christmas Eve?

December 24, 2012 at 11:00 am |
        • mary shannon

Barbie Eli deserves to cry, as does the rest of the pathetic team. Two weeks in a row of bad play, guess there's always nexy year. But Dallas lost too...

December 24, 2012 at 11:26 am |
        • Truth™@RichHead, Mary

Not to put too fine a point on things, as I don't get to see too many NYG games, but between the hurricaine and Newtown, I am thinking that ANY team from the area would have a hard time keeping their heads in the game this past season. Scary times we are living in.

December 24, 2012 at 11:49 am |
        • mary shannon

I'm sufficiently ashamed, thanks for the reality check Bro.

December 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Love you, sweet thang! MERRY!

December 24, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
      • RichardHead@MG

Love YOU right back my dear. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday and Thank You.

December 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,044 other followers