Coffee klatsch
December 20th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Kat Kinsman

I heart you, Jeann. Can always count on you to shake up the can.

December 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
    • Jeann@Kat

Some days are too quiet here in Europe and it is fun to watch the fanatics froth at the mouth. Kind of like walking into a Whole Foods and proclaiming loudly that Dumbya was the best president ever...:)

December 20, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
  2. Truth™@Kat

Thank you for a thoughtful, sensitive and all too perceptive essay. I know exactly what you mean, as I have been there and done that. I also used to have a relative who threw around the "Scrooge" and "Grinch" slurs with uncanny ease, not having the first clue just how hurtful it comes across.

While nothing here can alleviate the gravity of what you are feeling, please know that there are many who love and support you. Please know that you are not alone in this. Keep the faith and Klatch on!

December 20, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  3. mary shannon

Morning, all. Just two more days here then I'm homeward bound. It'll be good to see the flurries again, and to talk to dad and truth. Wishing everyone a great holiday in case you're all away after tomorrow.

Who knows, none of us might be here tomorrow :-)

December 20, 2012 at 8:39 am |
    • Truth™@Mary

And look at it this way, if the world has to end, you may as well see it go from where you are. Not a bad way to finish things off, imho.

On a somewhat related note, a balmy 13 degrees this morning in the mile high city. Will wamr to 45 later though, so yesterday's slop will go. Hopefully the forming midwest blizzard will not hamper anyone's plans...

December 20, 2012 at 9:00 am |
      • HarleyGirl

Good morning all! Season's greetings! So Truth, is there snow up in the mountains. My boss just left for Colorado ready to get some skiing in. He has a house in Winter Park. Do they have many runs open yet? That storm is headed our way, but I think the worst of it is going to hit north of us. It is raining today, but supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Probably will get a lot of slop, ground is still fairly warm. I was hoping for a white Christmas, but I don't think this is going to stick around. In case I don't post again before Christmas, I wish you all, your family, and friends the merriest Christmas ever!

December 20, 2012 at 9:45 am |
        • Truth™@Harley

WP has just over half their terrain open, and the mountains got hit hard this week, so the trip should be good. Don't forget the sunblock!

December 20, 2012 at 10:00 am |
        • HarleyGirl

Hey Truth! Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll be talking to him today. He drives out there, so he's bored, and I'm just the person he likes to call. Lucky me! Have a great Christmas!

December 20, 2012 at 11:01 am |
  4. JbJingles_aka Mrs. Claus

BRRRRR...made it to snowy Moses Lake just fine, but sooooo cold yesterday. Snow melted now though. :(

Waiting for Mr. Sun to get up, then hitting up Wally World for food provisions and lots and lots of cookie supplies!

December 20, 2012 at 8:35 am |
  5. Alee D Alarm Clock®

G'mornin' Rich. Santa sent me an email last nite and said you should watch for a special reindeer treat in your stocking. I'm not sure what that means, but I'd focus on the "special" part.

Ya think this'll wake up the rest of the crew?
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTuD8k3JvxQ&w=640&h=390]
    Happy Thirsty to all!

December 20, 2012 at 6:54 am |
  6. RichardHead

Good Thursday Morning Kidz....The Company wanted me to rescue a load headed for LaCross,WI.....HAHAHAH-Ain't No way. Big Blue would freeze her oil Nutz off...besides it's no fun driving in a blizzard. I hope JBJ made it up north ok for Xmas and that everyone has that last minute shopping done. Gonna make a short run down to Southaven Ms,then who knows where. Stay warm and safe all. Santa's watching YOU !! :))

December 20, 2012 at 5:30 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Stay safe, yourself! Good thoughts for everyone out on the road.

I'm back. Dreading the holiday, but back.

December 20, 2012 at 9:15 am |
    • Jerv

Yup, Pops can tell some truly terrifying stories of driving in blizzards in Canada. Stay safe Texas Chaser. Kat, loved the read. I openly opt out of Christmas and it saves me a lot of grief with the family. I love your coping tool, " crafting multiple pitchers of rye sours made with freshly-squeezed lemons and clementine juice." Um,..are we gonna get directions on how to make those?

December 21, 2012 at 7:46 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,987 other followers