Coffee klatsch
December 18th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

Next entry »
« Previous entry
  1. mary shannon

Hi all, late post for today. I hope you've all had a great day!

December 18, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
  2. Kat Kinsman

Juuuust in case anyone's wondering - I'm still in Vegas and Sarah is mainly on Newtown reporting duty, so Eatocracy updates may not be fast & furious. Miss y'all!

December 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • Sarah LeTrent

Ditto - hope our favorite flamenons are hanging in there during this tragedy. I have a special treat for you all tomorrow as we *try* to get back to normalcy. Get your cookie tins ready.

December 18, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
      • Truth™@SLT

If you need to get away from the media invasion of Newtown, drive down I-84 west to exit three and have dinner at Chuck's steak house, just off Lake Avenue. Worth the drive. From anywhere.

December 18, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
  3. Sir Biddle

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2f35Jlb3Go&w=640&h=390]

December 18, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  4. Queen of Everything

Howdy folks!

December 18, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • Truth™@Queen

How goes it your highness?
      I was speculating earlier if The Royal Family was in today's photo...

December 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@Truth

Ummmm....no. White fabric in our house doesn't stay white for long, certainly not long enough for a picture to be taken. Also, the boys would have fought over who got to carry the tray to the bedroom and it would have ended up dropped on the floor about halfway down the hall.

December 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  5. Mildred

Hey all... I'm here for the long haul (application release, I'm at work until at least 8....).

December 18, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • mary shannon

Are you the app owner or the developer?

December 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

T-G-I-F – Let the Ninjabread Men baking begin! We are heading up to WA tomorrow early morning flight to play for the holidays. I really need a break right now.

What is everyone's plans for the holiday?

December 18, 2012 at 11:55 am |
    • AleeD®

Flying out Sat. to DE for Christmas to visit hubby's side of the fam. Half packed already – top half that is. ~_~ Yew Near's will be at our casa. Joo gats famblee in WA, Mi'lady?

December 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Yes indeedy. My two daughters, sons-in-law, and their broods! Hoping for a white Christmas...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (except at the airport please).

December 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Mildred

Asian food and a movie (probably Les Miserables) or two with the fiance, and probably my mom and brother.

December 18, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  7. Sir Biddle

I can't believe the sick *@%$ at the Westboro Baptist Church plan to protest funerals in CT today? That is just wrong on some many levels.

December 18, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • Truth™@Biddle

Where's a good bolt of lightning when you really need one?

December 18, 2012 at 9:41 am |
      • MicheleG™

Good comment. How much of this %$#^&* must we have to deal with before the fools go away?

This particular set of funerals should be left alone.

Has any one of those twits ever heard of or learned about courtesy, respect and simple decency?
        There IS a time to simply keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself.

December 18, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
        • AleeD®@MicG, Sir Bid, Turth & JBelle

Protest? What's there to protest? If ignorance is bliss, these mo-fo's must be euphoric.

December 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

As they say, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one....

December 18, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

This is a new all time low for humanity! I wouldn't be surprised if they were met with some "resistance", this has struck so many accross the nation as so horrific. Really? 5, 6, and 7 year olds at Christmas time!! I made the mistake of looking at the profiles of them on the main site yesterday, then sat here sulking and wiping away tears of saddness. I have 4, 6, and 7 year old grandkids...

December 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Agree. Mine are 2 and a half years old and 6 weeks old.

December 18, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • Truth™@Biddle, AleeD, JBJ, MicheleG

One of my building tenants is the Anti Defamation League, who routinely is in the news for controversial things. As a result, Westboro staged a protest outside the building last year. Now my building has a balcony off of the seventh floor, so I basically hung out during the protest and was able to spit on them unseen for twenty minutes. I only wish it could have been done with other bodily wastes.

December 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
      • AleeD®@MicG, Sir Bid, Turth & JBelle

You could have, but they'd nab you with DNA testing no matter which fluid you used. D@mn 21 century technology!

December 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

I like your style. Would have taken it a step further than spit, but understand the pickle it would have put you in. I've where some anarchist group has hacked into the WBC and public release all the members public info including SSN, addresses and phone numbers. Also read that a few motorcycle gangs and a nazi group will be protect the town to keep them out. Amazing.

Wish the whole WBC group could get one-way tickets to our secret floating prison ships.

December 18, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  8. The Witty One

Top of the morning folks! How are all the Flamenons doing this fine Tuesday morning? Happy holidays to everyone!

December 18, 2012 at 9:20 am |
  9. Truth™

Good morning all...I hope everyone is enjoying their week. Cute pic. It the Royal Family?

December 18, 2012 at 8:41 am |
    • HarleyGirl

Good morning all! Yeah, that is a cute pic. In reality, the kid on Mom's back, falls on bed, tray goes flying, and coffee and orange juice stains are shared by all, and all smiles turn to frowns. That is probably not the best idea when kids are involved. I hope everyone has a great day! Happy Holidays!!!

December 18, 2012 at 8:53 am |
    • The Witty One@Truth

I'm going to go with no for one reason. Queeny would be having hubby rub her feet and thing one and two would be dressed in little butlers outfits, serving her the coffee :)

December 18, 2012 at 9:21 am |
  10. Sir Biddle

I applaud the suburban couple above for slipping the kids Valium in order to take a calm and clean picture. If only breakfast in bed could be that simple. At Biddle Mansion, the white sheets would have coffee stains within minutes and there would be tears soon to follow for someone jumping on someone else's head.

Morning crew!

December 18, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • Queen of Everything@Sir B

The coffee and OJ wouldn't have even made it down hall in the Castle.

December 18, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  11. M T Nest

Good am! Pecan, cinnamon pancakes for all. Of course w/bacon on the side. The girl in the pic, see that smile on her face? Yeah, that was me yesterday when I filled my car up for $3.12 a gallon! Now let's see how much of it I use while power shopping today..& I'm not coming home till its done. (I hope I get done today. Lol) I say, "Good day"!

December 18, 2012 at 7:34 am |
  12. Jerv

I scored gas for 2.95 a gallon yesterday. Boo-rah! Grilled bacon, egg and cheese biscuits with hot chocolate. Let's have a great day!

December 18, 2012 at 7:27 am |
    • M T Nest

Hey Jerv! I guess we were typing about the same time. We can save my pancakes & bacon for tomorrow. Low gas prices, what's up w/that? Not complaining at all cuz tis the season to be broke! (Haha)

December 18, 2012 at 7:38 am |
      • Jerv@MTN

Can never have too much bacon. And cinnamon pancakes sound wonderful, thank you very much. Interesting how we both had food and gas on the brain this morning. I'm sure SirB will have something to say about that. Hehe.

December 18, 2012 at 7:48 am |
        • M T Nest

Oh too funny! Well, food & gas do go hand in hand sometimes! Have a great day, Jerv...I'm off to finish my Xmas shopping. Thanks for the chuckle!

December 18, 2012 at 7:54 am |
        • M T Nest

Btw, (speaking of gas. lol) I tryed that WolfBrand chili (it was talked about the other day here) yesterday, good stuff for something out of a can. Just enough heat, but not too hot. Ok, now I'm outta here. :)

December 18, 2012 at 8:00 am |
    • The Witty One@Jerv

What's up man? How is pops doing?

December 18, 2012 at 9:23 am |
Next entry »
« Previous entry
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,651 other followers