Coffee klatsch
November 30th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. seo

whoah this weblog is excellent i adore reading your posts. Keep up the fantastic work! You realize, many people are looking around for this info, you can aid them greatly. seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 11:49 am | Reply
  2. HarleyGirl

Good Saturday all! Hey Richard-drive carefully. I used to work for Steelcase. They called their trucks big blue's. You harken me back every time you talk about your truck. Ok, kids, t-bones on the grill for dinner tonight. Place your order now! Just would like to add, we grill all year long here in Michigan. Cold weather does not deter us from our grilling. Where ever you are, enjoy your weekend!

December 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  3. RichardHead

Good Saturday morning my Homies.....Well,Big Blue got to strut her stuff yesterday on a rescue load in N. Little Rock AR. We left Mt. Vernon,Tx with an empty trailer,swapped out for a loaded one in Little Rock, and made the delivery last night back in Tyler,Tx. This Truck Stop I'm at has a working oil rig right in the middle of the Truck Stop. No wonder Pilot is making money left and right.
    Sounds as tho JBJ will be having a tuff weekend,with instructing Hubs on proper bathroom cleaning,( a 2×4 works great to retain his attention ),setting up X-Mas stuff,and then playing Paula Deen with butter,Butter,BUTTER. Good Luck Ms. Amazing. Have a Great Weekend Everyone.

December 1, 2012 at 10:44 am | Reply
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I so want to try this one! From the American cookbook, ca. 1850, although I don't think I could beat butter for an hour!

An Orange Cake Twelve Eggs, leave out the Whites of four, beat them very well take a pound of Sugar, a pound of Butter, sift your Sugar and beat your Butter for an Hour, then mix them all together with the Rinds of three Oranges grated, of Orange Flower Water, or Brandy four Spoonfuls put into Tins and bake it.

November 30, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Reply
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Editors/Modbotz

poop – just testing to see if that word is acceptable where as culinary proper words are not.

November 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Editors/Modbotz

HA!

November 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

LOVE the transcribe culinary history story! There are links in the comments for the library, and having fun reading the transcribed recipes from American cookbook, ca. 1850:

Sausages

Firs chop and beat your Meat as small as possible, then season it with Pepper, Mace, and any other Spice you like, then add some white Bread crumbs, a few spoonfuls of Cream, and three or four Eggs, but the number depends upon the quantity you make, add also a good deal of sage chop'd, mix all well together then fill your Skins

November 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Editors/Modbotz

Your comment is awaiting moderation....really? Can't we fix the moderation of the word Spyce (spelled correctly of course)??

November 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Reply
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Well good afternoon folks! I got slammed with work yesterday and today, just taking a breather...pouring rain in Sunny So Cal today and much of the weekend. Like AleeD, will be busy much of the next 4-6 months...

I'm trying to train hubs to clean bathrooms, properly. You'd have thought I asked him to give a heart transplant, sheesh.

Weekend will consist of cleaning tomorrow, and getting Christmas stuff up on Sunday

November 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle

Headed to San Fran for a week on Sunday so tell any rain in the general California area to head on out before I arrive.

November 30, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Um, better check the flight before you leave...it was all over the news this morning about flight delays and cancels in SF! Have fun though, work or play or both??

November 30, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Both. I always find fun when I travel for work.

I'm outta here gang. Talk to you from the west coast next week.

November 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  8. Sir Biddle

Can anyone guess who the girl is in this video?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUfo-c6lQ3w&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Looks like Demi Moore, maybe its her daughter with Bruce Willis?

November 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@Biddle, Mary

Ding!Ding!Ding!

We have a winner!

November 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

November 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

God, I love this show. I've seen this episode before, I didn't know that.

I'd hit it, mos def.

November 30, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

I picked a chronic themed one just for you. New episodes start in January.

November 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Biddle

Hedonism, trying to buy pizz from kids off the playground to pass a drug test, grilling and making margaritas in the backseat during the Mantrip, having some kid charge 13 refridgerators to his mom's credit card to win the fridge with a TV so they could watch Wrestlemania......these are things that get me through the day.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is another great show. So was Arrested Development. I heard they're making AD movie to come out next year.

November 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Biddle

Oh, and the body building competition complete with rap song by wizards.

November 30, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

AD was hilarious and miss it. Portlandia is another good one on IFC but as they poke fun at hipster/liberal//treehugger types of Portland. Doubt you have too many hipster kids in Eau Claire though.

November 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Oh, God. I just Googled images of this chick and I retract my earlier "I'd hit it statement".

November 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

She does not appear to be as consistantly photogenic as others, but I'd still hit it.

November 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  9. Alee D Sometimes Absent Alarm®

Many thanks to Sir Biddle for helping MTN with her IT training. Next time you're in the dungeon, reserve an extra hour of "play" time on me. ~_~

Work is going to be busy for me probably thru March. So be bad & have fun – but then that's redundant, isn't it? ~_~

November 30, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Reply
  10. Sir Biddle

Your random laugh of the day:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply
  11. Truth™, with today's radio trivia contest...

53% of men admit not knowing how to do this...

November 30, 2012 at 9:58 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Wash clothes or dishes? Run a vacumn cleaner?

November 30, 2012 at 10:01 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

OHHHHH–Moderated...Was it something I said?? HA !!

November 30, 2012 at 10:03 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Cook?

November 30, 2012 at 10:07 am | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary

Nope...but it is something I know...and many men have to do this daily...

November 30, 2012 at 10:09 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Real MEN know how to use a can opener.

November 30, 2012 at 10:17 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle

Ask for directions or lift the toilet seat?

November 30, 2012 at 10:11 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Laundry?

November 30, 2012 at 10:12 am | Reply
    • Truth™@Here's a hint...

I have to do this from time to time. TWO, Biddle and Jerv as well. RichHead, not so much...

November 30, 2012 at 10:22 am | Reply

A self prostate exam?

November 30, 2012 at 10:31 am | Reply
        • Truth™@Biddle

No...Think about our lines of work...

November 30, 2012 at 10:33 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Sorry, I had to go there, if even briefly. Change the paper in the copier?

November 30, 2012 at 10:35 am |
      • RichardHead

Work on the weekends or Holidays?

November 30, 2012 at 10:39 am | Reply
    • Truth™, and this will give it away...

In the film "Pretty Woman", Julia Roberts claimed that she learned how to do this in High School by doing the debate team...

November 30, 2012 at 10:37 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle

I'm throwing in the towel as you have me all over the place even though your are giving me tons of potential comedic material.

November 30, 2012 at 10:40 am | Reply
    • Truth™Ok, here is it...

What is: Tie a necktie!

November 30, 2012 at 10:49 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I had to learn that when I started with the stage coach. Still have to with Mayo. 5 years wearing a tie to work.

EVERYDAY. Ugh.

November 30, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Bright side is when I have to dress up off-duty, I have plenty of outfits to choose from.

November 30, 2012 at 10:52 am |
      • Sir Biddle

Clip on's baby, gotta go clip on!!!!

November 30, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Those are so tacky, LOL.

Though we did wear them in the Air Force. As an MP, the theory was so that if someone grabbed you by the tie, they couldn't strangle you.

November 30, 2012 at 10:53 am |
        • Sir Biddle

For the record, I do NOT wear clip on's. I did remember back to the stylish military ones that were just bursting with polyester pizzazz.

I asked why we got clip on's instead of regular ones and the drill instructor said because most of you idiots haven't even worn one of these before let alone tried to tie it. His answer still confused me and reminded me of how naive I was coming from a small town. Also couldn't comprehend why the black kids were terrified to get in the swimming pool.

November 30, 2012 at 11:03 am |
        • Truth™@Biddle

Ok, I'll bite...Why were they afraid of the swimming pool?

November 30, 2012 at 11:09 am |
        • Sir Biddle

I know this could go south real easy and is a typical comedic stereotype of blacks, but almost all of them were from the inner-city/urban environment and didn't know how to swim. To me it was like someone telling you they didn't know how to breathe.

Young Biddle learned his street smarts reeeeeeeeallllly fast in the first few months of the military.

November 30, 2012 at 11:16 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

LOL.

I love watermelon.

November 30, 2012 at 11:36 am |
        • Truth™@Biddle

I grew up with a lake a half mile from the house, so I learned at an early age as well. I think our generation was the last in many ways to have a real childhood.

November 30, 2012 at 11:41 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Truth

Sadly, you are correct.

November 30, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
      • Zenger Folkman

Guess those guys didn't go to a Catholic school in the 1950s like I did. I was tying my own (uniform) tie in second grade!

November 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  12. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning, Klatsch! It's another Friday...

Today is special because it is my big brother's birthday! Dude's having a kickin' day so far since one of his presents was a full copy of the Rosetta Stone software for Spanish.

It's cool, cause in 5 days it'll be my turn!

How are the rest of you?

November 30, 2012 at 9:54 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Nice! Thats a few hundred clams

November 30, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Reply
  13. HarleyGirl

Good morning folks! Happy Friday. I've got to get my Christmas cleaning started this weekend, so I can start getting the Christmas decorations out. It is so much fun, I can hardly wait. NOT! Don't know when I can actually do some shopping. Oh, I'm feeling the holiday stress already. Have a great day & weekend all!

November 30, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
    • M T Nest

Oh, no worries, we can take a day & power shop. Clean? Clean what, you have 1 of the cleanest houses I've ever seen...cul!

November 30, 2012 at 10:20 am | Reply
  14. This Just In

"Televangelist Pat Robertson challenged the idea that Earth is 6,000 years old this week, saying the man who many credit with conceiving the idea, former Archbishop of Ireland James Ussher, “wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said that it all took 6,000 years.” That is all.

November 30, 2012 at 9:16 am | Reply
  15. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Chilly here but a weekend warm up expected, we're going to be in the 50's by Monday. I'll probably do some decorating this weekend, some wrapping and football on Sunday, of course. My Giants don't play until Monday night, though, so I'll just have to watch someone else.

Have a good one, everyone!

November 30, 2012 at 9:13 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Mary

Good Morning Ms P. Don't waste your time on the Cowboys and Philly Game...They are BOTH LOSERS. Give the Furries a Big Hug and belly rubs for me Plz. :)

November 30, 2012 at 9:18 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Good advice, and since they are losers that's even better for the G-men. Taking the littlest furry for her grooming this morning, she'll be a beauty queen by this afternoon!! Stay safe out there.

November 30, 2012 at 9:27 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yes, Watch a winning team. Like the Niners.

November 30, 2012 at 10:54 am | Reply
  16. Truth™

Good morning all, and Happy Friday!

What's the big plan for the weekend?

November 30, 2012 at 8:54 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning My Brother...Hope things are well. I'll be working this weekend to places unknown. What's your plans?

November 30, 2012 at 8:57 am | Reply
      • Truth™@RichHead

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s, so I may go hit the trap range. Would be a good day for it. All this warmth is nice, but if we do not get some snow soon, the ski season will be nonexistent.

November 30, 2012 at 9:57 am | Reply
        • dnfromge

@Truth – we are watching the snow reports and waiting to make reservations for our January ski trip. Last year we ended up in Canada but we REALLY want to get back to Summit Co!

November 30, 2012 at 10:14 am |
  17. RichardHead

I like Cherry Pie!! Happy Friday Kidz.

November 30, 2012 at 8:37 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@RH

What's that you say, Cherry Potter or Cherry Pie?

How goes it?

November 30, 2012 at 8:39 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Cherry Pie spread upon Cherry Potter....finger lickin' Good. Things have been going well,tho I'm fighting with dispatch to get me a load with some miles on it. Big Blue needs to step out if 'ya know what I mean.

November 30, 2012 at 8:46 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Well tell dispatch to send your @%# up to these parts. Between myself, Jerv, TWO and JainaJade, we'll show you a good time.

November 30, 2012 at 9:12 am |
        • RichardHead@SirB

Is that beyond the Mason/Dixie Line? We might get lost up yonder. :))

November 30, 2012 at 9:21 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Unfortunately its just below it, but I've learned to live with it for the past 10 years being here. I'm a Yanakee, but not aD@mn Yankee.

November 30, 2012 at 9:30 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Sir B, I know what you mean, I lived in VA for 10 years, being from NY they all thought I could hot wire cars and carried a knife in my boot!!

November 30, 2012 at 10:09 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Test. Mic check.

November 30, 2012 at 11:39 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Hmmm.

November 30, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply
  18. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

November 30, 2012 at 8:36 am | Reply
  19. Jerv-I'm 45 and the Muppets still crack me up. Have a great day everyone!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNuEcAt21k&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2012 at 8:24 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I love the Muppets! Still make me laugh. I got the latest Muppet movie for my birthday this past summer.

November 30, 2012 at 11:34 am | Reply
  20. M T Nest

Happy Friday all! Seemed like the longest week, glad it's over. Gonna drag out the Xmas stuff today, oh boy, such fun. I will, however, have time to stop in here & there...anyone have any good jokes to keep me entertained?

November 30, 2012 at 8:09 am | Reply
  21. Alee D Alarm®

Let's see...what do we use today to wake up our a$$-tro-nuts? Ah, got it!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2012 at 6:46 am | Reply
    • M T Nest

Good am AleeD! Looks like we're the early birds. Question for you...I have no idea how you post the videos, so here's my question, do you take requests? I really am serious...ulterior motive for some friends, lol! (girls always have inside jokes)

November 30, 2012 at 7:58 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@MTM

Your best bet is to use only videos from youtube. Find the video you want on there and then copy the web address in the address bar specific for that video. Then paste it into the text box here and it should work.

KAT only allows us to post videos here and nowhere else on Eatocracy as we got out of hand with it. Good luck

November 30, 2012 at 8:38 am | Reply
        • M T Nest

Why thank you kind sir! Can I send like that as an email, too? I really am clueless to this stuff & I'm sure I'll screw it up. The girls I want to send it to don't blog here, I was gonna just forward this page to them...that I know how to do. Lol!

November 30, 2012 at 8:52 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Yes, you can copy and paste the link into an e-mail but it may not necessarily show up as a visual image like above and may require the recipient to cut and paste it into their own web browser. Make sense?

November 30, 2012 at 9:11 am |
        • M T Nest

Yes, that does make sense, surprisingly! Maybe I'll get lucky & AleeD will put it up for an alarm clock 1 morning. (it is that kind of song...lol!) Thanks for the help & have a great w/e!

November 30, 2012 at 9:37 am |

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk

November 30, 2012 at 9:56 am |
        • M T Nest

I'm not sure which video you wanted me to watch. It took me to Bieber,, Minaj, Gaga etc. I tryed to copy & paste the song I was looking for & it didn't work. Told ya, not my cup of tea. :( Dang it!

November 30, 2012 at 10:41 am |
        • Sir Biddle

Should have taken you to the song Time by Pink Floyd. Its the one with all the alarm clocks going of at once in the beginning of the song.

November 30, 2012 at 10:46 am |
        • M T Nest

I know exactly what song you're talking about, I have the cd in my car. I was trying to get Jackyl's Lumberjack song. Long story that involved a girls w/e in Macinaw City during the lumberjack w/e. Lets just say, the Dixie Saloon will never forget us!

November 30, 2012 at 10:53 am |

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52p9jc-gOo&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2012 at 11:07 am |
        • M T Nest

Oh perfect, that's exactly the same 1 I was trying to do! I wonder why it didn't work for me, HA, no I don't! Thanks for that!

November 30, 2012 at 11:21 am |