Coffee klatsch
November 15th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

OMG, i laughed so hard at this site, I cried.

November 15, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  2. Mr. Tricorder poses a query ♫♫

Time for the afternoon laugh.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh6a21aqOC4&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  3. Breaking News!™

Sony Pictures Studios announced today that the next James Bond script is being written, using a storyline based on the General Petraeus scandal. Working title for the film: "PantsFall"...

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy...

November 15, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Poll of the Day

OK, folks I have a question for you. Christmas commercials started right around Halloween, Christmas krap showed up in stores right next to the Halloween candy...SO when do you put up your Christmas Tree??

I'm wanting to get a head start and put it up this weekend, but I have always waited for Thanksgiving to pass...

I gave up on a real tree when we got Odie and he decided it was his own personal tree house...

November 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Truth™@Poll - O - The Day

No tree in the house for the same reason. Felines don't understand the whole Christmas tree concept.

November 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Turth

Yeah, they do. It's meant for climbing, knocking down, and batting ornaments off. Not to mention the tinsel, tasty stuff.

Nothing is more funny and horrifying than seeing the cat dragging a turn a foot behind him by a strand of tinsel he couldn't quite crap out.

November 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Turth

*turd, not turn

November 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
        • M T Nest

Ewww, but hilarious!

November 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • HarleyGirl@Jdizzle

I wait until after December 1, and put everything away by January 2.

November 15, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
      • HarleyGirl

Sorry, meant that for Jb. Need another cup of coffee!

November 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Turth & HarleyGirl

Truth- I agree...Odie would drink all the water for the tree, lay down under the tree then push all the presents away.

HarleyG – I put it all away on January 1st, never fail. :)

November 15, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

When the oldest furry was about two years old, I put up the tree as usual. I was upstairs working, and heard a funny noise, came down and found that she was untrimming the tree, one glass bulb at a time. She would take one off, carry it in her mouth to the kitchen tile floor, and roll it around cause she liked the noise. Never broke one!! From that year on, if I do a tree on the floor it is nekkid.

November 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • M T Nest

My friend just got hers up today, they like having it in time for turkey day. I'm doing good if I have it up in time for Christmas ! IMO, put it up when ya have time...lol!

November 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Menard's, which is based out of Eau Claire here (and owned by father of Paul Menard, Nascar driver – whom I've both met) had Christmas stuff out on Labor day Weekend. I went to pick up stuff for the lawn in late summer and there in all it's glory is the Christmas section.

I couldn't believe it. August had just ended.

November 15, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  5. Kat Kinsman

PAGING RICHARD HEAD! Might someone know how to contact? Our travel reporter wants to talk to him for a story she's writing.

Go Team Flamenons!

November 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

I just dropped him an email letting him know you're looking for him.

November 15, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat & MS

I sent an email Sunday and haven't heard from me yet...he just said he's been running busy busy. Santa's Elf is being run ragged!

November 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Him not Me

*him* not *me* I need to go back to bed.

November 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  6. Mildred

Good morning...

I can haz reboot of week, plz?

My two best friends (who are also married to each other), have lost their jobs (one today, one tomorrow). Another friend's mom passed away this morning.

And my apartment had a lovely foreclosure summons taped to the door after I left for work.

November 15, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

Very sorry to hear that, (((((HUGS))))) heading your way!!!

November 15, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • HarleyGirl@Mildred

Holy crap! You and your friends are having a bad week! Sorry to hear that. Sympathies for your friend that lost their Mom, too. May the week get better for you, and may your friends find good jobs right away. Hang in there!

November 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • Truth™@Mildred

I am so sorry for all of what you are going through. You have our support!

November 15, 2012 at 1:27 pm |
    • M T Nest

(sighing) I'm very sorry.

November 15, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  7. Mary Shannon

I just saw a piece on the newly invented "baby mop", its hilarious, look it up!!!

November 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
    • Truth™@Mary

VERY cute!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWcEXXp5UB0&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  8. Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Since I was denied elsewhere posting this....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxK_hGLTN4&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I figured someone would pick up on that comment.

Yeah, Kat and Co frown on posting videos in threads outside the Kaffeeklatsch.

November 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
      • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Rings of 1984.

Ever get your Lunchtime Poll you were promised?

November 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

No. There have been polls, but not one named Lunchtime.

November 15, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I decided to stop bother them about it. I got hammered with speech about how they were trying to make the content around here more meaningful, so then I felt bad.

November 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

I did one that was *tagged* lunchtime poll, just not NAMED lunchtime poll. Because I love you.

November 15, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  9. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Ah, yes. Deer hunting season.

The time of year where all the ladies' men are out in the woods and the chicks are all out on the town.

>=)

November 15, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjG7-5kbevo&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2012 at 11:01 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjG7-5kbevo&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • M T Nest

Yes, out on the town after the craft sales. That's hard work & is deserving of a cold 1...or 3...or...well you know!

November 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  10. HarleyGirl

Good morning folks! It is 28 degrees right now, with a high of 45. I have woods in the back of my property. As soon as the sun came up, I could hear gun shots for about 5 minutes. The neighbors get their deer, and it is quiet the rest of gun season. It doesn't take long, because the woods are just full of deer. I have 10 acres, and can see them most nights when they come up into my pastures to graze. I lost my last horse in June, so we've been pulling the fence line down. Now, they come up closer to the house. Got to say, there are some pretty big deer back there. They probably know they are safe on my property. I only hunt with a camera. @mt- I love the craft shows, too. Tis the season! Have a great day all!

November 15, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • M T Nest

Ya like craft sales...Delta Plex in GR is having Shipshewana on the Road Sat & Sun...yeah, I'm going!

November 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  11. Habadasher@77 degrees

Check your mail, new shirt on the way to you.

November 15, 2012 at 10:25 am |
    • 77 degrees@Haba dabba doo

How did you know I needed a new shirt made of whipped cream? You're so though-y.

November 15, 2012 at 10:55 am |
      • Habadasher@77 degrees

Enjoy it. Its handmade.

November 15, 2012 at 11:20 am |
        • 77 degrees@Haba dabba doo

Sooooooo you whipped your own cream? Why am I not surprised?

November 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
  12. Mary Shannon

Good morning, friends. Chilly and sunny here. MT, I know what you mean, I was woken Sunday morning at dawn with the sounds of guns going off. Being from a hunting family I wasn't too surprised, though. Enjoy the craft fairs.

Alee, have you been naughty again? Biddle, keep your mind out of the gutter, maybe she just likes reality tv. :-)

Hoping today will be calm, every day since Monday has been a challenge, and tomorrow will be as well. Wish us luck, please, we need all we can get.

November 15, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • Sir Biddle

Lets be honest, that is not a reality TV glow. Maybe she got engaged or won the lottery or found out her boss who she hates just quit. Maybe she hung out with WIT at 4:20. It could be a plethora of things, but there is soothing about that grim you can't deny.

November 15, 2012 at 9:50 am |
      • The Witty One

I'd hit it.

November 15, 2012 at 11:55 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

That's what I thought on Tuesday.

November 15, 2012 at 11:57 am |
    • AleeD®@Mary S

Didn't think it was that notty I posted a "recipe" for bourbon cake. Guess the modbotz ate it. :( BTW, it's chilly here, too, with a high of 77. Gonna poke holes in my shirt for sure. ;)

November 15, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • M T Nest

Thanks, Mary, I know I will. :)

November 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  13. Sir Biddle

Coffee Lady above seems to have that glow. Wonder what she did last night?

Morning all!

November 15, 2012 at 8:16 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yeah. I kind of thought she looked pregnant.

Already.

November 15, 2012 at 10:12 am |
  14. M T Nest

Good am! JBJ, Mobile off, ph works fine...thank you! Today is opening day for gun season (poor deer) & you know what that means, arts & crafts fairs begin this Sat...WOO-HOO! Let the shopping begin...lol!

November 15, 2012 at 7:46 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MT

Good to know it worked! We are heading to state line Nevada next Wednesday to a casino for Thanksgiving...then there is an Outlet Mall next door for Black Friday madness! I am doing Christmas Light this year, so should be done with all the shopping by next weekend...

November 15, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
      • M T Nest

Oh hey! I overlooked your comment earlier, sorry 'bout that. Will you be near Vegas? I went to an outlet mall in Birch Run MI not too long ago & did a little Christmas shopping...such good deals! Right across the street was a resturant called Tony's...featured on dives, diners show. they had theae BLT's that came with a lb of bacon! Not far from there (6 miles maybe) is this huge Christmas store in Frankenmurh, called Bronner's...this place is decorated yr round. It's a football field & a 1/2 long. My sis & I spent hrs in there, unreal! Gee, talk about babbling, all that over an outlet mall...lol! Have a great time while you're gone!

November 15, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
  15. AleeD®@Kat or SLT

Why moderation? What did I miss?

November 15, 2012 at 7:29 am |
  16. AleeD®

Once again this year, I’ve had requests for my Christmas Bourbon Cake recipe so here it is. Made mine this morning!

1 cup sugar
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup water
    1 tsp salt
    2 cups cake flour
    1 cup brown sugar
    Lemon juice
    4 large eggs
    Nuts
    1 bottle Bourbon
    2 cups dried fruit

Sample the bourbon to check quality. Turn on the electic mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp sugar. Beat again. Quality check bourbon jush in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl. Flour in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl ‘cuz nobodysh gonna know sh-h-h-h. Check bourbon again. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the bourbon for tonsisticity.

Sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Have ‘nother burbin. Chop the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoonful of sugar or sumpfin. Grease the oven. Turn the cake pan 360 degrees and no’ fall down. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the bourbon and wipe the counter off with the cat.

Hoppy Halidazes!

November 15, 2012 at 7:27 am |
    • HarleyGirl@AleeD

I can't stop laughing! Too funny!! Hoppy Halidazes to you, too! lol....

November 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
    • M T Nest

LOL, my kind of recipe!!!

November 15, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
    • Campstove Jack

Your recipe made my day.

November 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I haven't seen this is a few years.

November 15, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

HAHAHAHAHA! I have seen other versions. This is the best.

November 15, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,371 other followers