Coffee klatsch
November 14th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Ethacure Curatives

Thanks for all your valuable hard work on this site. My niece delights in going through research and it is simple to grasp why. Many of us learn all concerning the lively way you produce precious tips and tricks via the blog and as well inspire contribution from other people on that concern plus our favorite daughter is always being taught so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You have been conducting a great job.
    Ethacure Curatives http://www.changyuex.com/

January 25, 2013 at 4:45 am |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I find this very interesting.

November 14, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
    • Jerv

That's pretty gutsy to me.

November 15, 2012 at 8:19 am |
  3. Breaking News!™

This just in...US President Barack Obama announced today that he plans a major shakeup of his cabinet early in his second term. He stated that going forward, he will be keeping plates and cups on the right, and glasses and coffee mugs on the shelf below.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

November 14, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  4. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Holy s**t. I need to keep up on the news better. W.T.F. is going on? Israeli skirmishes, Hillary Clinton resigning?

November 14, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  5. Breaking News!™

This just in: People Magazine has named Channing Tatum as the seckiest man alive. Word is that he paid off the editors, so as to finish ahead of Eatocracy regulars JDizzle McHammerpants, RichHead, Jerv, Truth and The Witty One (all of who you can see in the 2013 Men Of Eatocracy Calendar)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

November 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

All poses done in wooly jock straps.

November 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
      • AleeD from Home Sweet Home

Whether you're wearing one or not. ~_~

November 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  6. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Hello hello!

Hope everyone's doing well today!

November 14, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
  7. Jerv

Is that Jdizz's lunchtime poll?

November 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I wondered the same thing. Two polls!

Or two poles?

Hole to hole, not pole to pole!
      – Classic sleeping formation for two dudes sharing a foxhole

November 14, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  8. Mildred

Hello everyone... I have fresh pomegranates!

November 14, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  9. AleeD®

Top of the afternoon all.

November 14, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
    • Truth™@AleeD

'Morning Darlin' hope you are doing well.
      BTW, nice beatdown just now on the Waffle House thread.

November 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
      • AleeD®@Truth

Thank you. Some issues really burn my arse. How's things in the MHC? Got snow?

November 14, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
        • DreamBig

AleeD, I getcha... everyone has certain topics that really upset them. I'm hoping that, based on the nature of what you were commenting on, that your anger doesn't come from past experiences. Nobody should ever have to be subjected to that type of unimaginable pain.

Lets focus on something more cheery, shall we? How's the weather where you are? I'm up in the Pacific Northwest, and it has been a stunning Autum day.

November 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm |
      • AleeD®@Truth

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Thank you Turth. ;) Some issues really burn my ar$e. How's things in the MHC? Got snow?

November 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
        • Turth™@AleeD

We had some snow over the weekend, but mostly melted by now. At this time of year, we usually are in the twenties in the morning and fifties or sixties at quitting time. It is not uncommon for me to wear a coat to work, then forget it in the afternoon since it is not needed on the way home. Accordingly, half my closet winds up at the office.

November 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • Mildred

I hope your day is going well!

November 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
      • AleeD®@Mil

As I hope is yours. Thank you.

November 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  10. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning class! Wow, that looks like my desk these days...minus the antique phone of course...

MT – My crackberry behaves the same way on this site, so not sure it is the phone or not. Are you using the "mobile" site when accessing CK? If so, try it without that and see if it's better.

Truth – Yes that does sound a little strange...and what was up with the communist spewing from Frederikk yesterday? At first I thought it might be one of us, but quickly realized how messed up that person was...

November 14, 2012 at 10:53 am |
    • M T Nest

Thanks for reply. My BB worked fine, never a problem. Now I have an i phone, thought I was upgrading...lol! I guess I'll see how it goes w/o mobile on. Thanks again!

November 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
      • The Witty One@M T Nest

I had the same problem with my BB and now my droid. I seem to recall JBJ giving me the same advice :) JBJ is our new Klatsch tech support!

November 14, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
        • M T Nest

Yay, JBJ is my new best friend! I'm not a tech'y kind of person, so thank you so much!

November 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO & MT

Oh lord help you all if I am your new tech person! I approach tech problems with great patience and spend ten times the amount of time it should take to resolve...tenacity is a good trait no?

November 14, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • DreamBig

The thought of "communist spewing" has piqued my interest. Where was this "communist spewing" that you are talking about?

November 15, 2012 at 1:24 am |
  11. Truth™, with A Great Moment In Verbal Communication...

Good morning all, I hope everyone's day is off to a great start.

Here's an ettiquette lesson:
    When a gentleman is talking to a lady about an email that has gone MIA, he should not use the phrase "It must have gotten caught in your junk filter"...It just sounds...wrong.

November 14, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • The Witty One@Truth

I like to say, "It must have gotten caught in your giant, gaping, cavernous spam box. Something smells fishy here..." But I am far from a gentleman.

November 14, 2012 at 10:48 am |
  12. HarleyGirl

Good frosty morning all! Man, it's cold here! I got the coffee brewing. Anyone need a refill? I think this is a good day for a big pot of cheesy, bacon, potato soup. You are all invited for a bowl later today. You know what they say, "soup is good food". Have a great day all!

November 14, 2012 at 10:05 am |
    • Jerv

Dayum! "cheesy, bacon, potato soup." I know what's for dinner tonight.

Hello everyone.

November 14, 2012 at 11:39 am |
    • HarleyGirl@Jerv

When it gets colder out, I do love the comfort foods. Nothing better than a warm bowl of hearty soup or chili. Warms the bones, as they say. I got the original recipe from my sister, then tweaked it. It is so simple to make, too. You use frozen hash browns, instead of cutting up all those potatoes. Really nothing to it, and it is sooooo good! It makes plenty. You are all invited! Have a nice day, Jerv.

November 14, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
      • Jerv@HarleyGirl

Don't leave us hangin'. Share the recipe. And you have a great day as well.

November 14, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
        • HarleyGirl@Jerv

Here ya go
          Cheesy Potato Soup
          6 cups water
          1 lb. frozen hash browns-I prefer shredded, makes for creamier soup. I prefer to at least partially thaw.
          1 lb cheese- I prefer cheddar. Just buy the shredded cheese of your choice, or Velveeta is in original recipe
          1 lb. meat-I prefer bacon- I have made it with ham, smoke sausage, also. Bacon is the best.
          1 can cream of celery
          1 can cream of chicken – I use 2 cans of chicken, instead of cream of celery
          1 small sweet onion finely chopped
          1 cup of evaporated milk- I use the whole can
          6 tlblsp. chicken bouillon or 6 cubes
          ** I add a little chopped celery, but not needed
          Get a huge pot. Take a clean pair of kitchen shears, and cut up into small pieces 1 lb of bacon (smokier the better) and brown in pan. I like to drag the bacon up the sides of the pan as it browns. When browned, drain but leave those little bits in the ban. Throw all ingredients back into the pan, adding potatoes last, and stir it up really good. The longer you simmer, the better it tastes. That's it. I promise you, you will like it.

November 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
        • The Witty One@HarleyGirl

Vroom vroom! I know what's on my plate to make this weekend :) Thanks for the recipe!

November 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
        • HarleyGirl@Witty One

Not a problem. I love easy recipes, and I like to share. Enjoy!

November 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
        • Jerv

Awesome, thank you!

November 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
        • M T Nest

I have this recipe, too. I use 5 & 1/2 cups water, the whole can of evap milk, I add carrots (adds color), I use cubed hash browns, I omit the celery soup & use 2 cans of cr of chic soup & I use ham. I like to use velveta for thickness. Like any recipe, make it once, then tweak it for your taste. @Harley Girl, I like ez recipes, too, feel free to share more recipes!

November 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  13. Sir Biddle@The Wittious Helen Keller Maximus

The old school green phone in the photo above...

November 14, 2012 at 9:23 am |
    • The Witty One@Sir Biddle

Makes sense now. Duh.

November 14, 2012 at 9:51 am |
  14. M T Nest

Good am! I'm starting to think I don't like this ph. Does anyone else use their ph to blog? When I tryed to look at yesterday's CK, is was gone...? It goes from Nov 9th's CK, then skips to the "space hamburger" blog. What's up with that? Is it just my ph or is it that way for you, too? Please let me know, I have 2 days left to return this ph. Thanks & have a good day!

November 14, 2012 at 9:16 am |
  15. Sir Biddle

Morning crew!

Holy rotary dial Batman, hope you don't have to dial a number quickly.

November 14, 2012 at 8:59 am |
    • The Witty One@Sir Biddle

Did I miss something?

November 14, 2012 at 9:02 am |
  16. Etta Cornbread

We hope everyone has the happiest day ever :)

November 14, 2012 at 8:20 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,635 other followers