Coffee klatsch
November 13th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. DreamBig

Something I love: sitting by a fire in a very comfy sweater, with a delicious cup of coffee or tea and music playing softly in the background, allowing my mind to travel to wherever it is it wants to travel. Often, it leads to thoughts of a profound nature, like thoughts about my future life with my fiance or about the volunteer work that I do designing and implementing intervention and education strategies to fight substance abuse in adolescents.

What are your dreams? Where does your mind take you when you let it lead the way?

November 13, 2012 at 10:56 pm |
  2. jon623

So, here's a question for the class...

What's a Klatsch?

"I believe it's an old, old wooden ship..."

November 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • dreambig623

Changed my handle... much better. :)

November 13, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
    • Webster@jon623/dreambig623

Dictionary.com
      klatsch; klatch [klahch, klach] noun
      a casual gathering of people, especially for refreshments and informal conversation: a sewing klatsch.

When Googled:
      a social gathering, especially over coffee.

merriam-webster.com
      kaf·fee·klatsch noun, often capitalized \ˈkȯ-fē-ˌklach, ˈkä-fē-, -ˌkläch, -ˌkləch\
      : an informal social gathering for coffee and conversation

klatsch (n.) http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=klatsch
      1953, from Ger. Klatsch "gossip," which is said in German sources to be onomatopoeic (cf. klatschen "clap hands," klatsch "a single clap of the hands"). Also cf. clap (v.), which in Middle English also had a sense of "talk noisily or too much, chatter" (late 14c.).

November 14, 2012 at 6:51 am |
      • DreamBig

Well now, ain't that something. A klatsch... what a great new word to add to my vocabularly.

November 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

It's Spanish for "a whale's vag!na"

November 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
      • DreamBig

Ah yes, San Diaaaago....

November 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
  3. Truth™

This is really pretty funny. File it under the category of "Ooops"...

November 13, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  4. Truth™, with a Great Moment In Banking...

Some of you financial types in the Klatch will appreciate this one...

I was just at my bank and a man walks up to the teller and gives her a twenty. He asks for a roll of quarters. The super perky teller asks how he would like the other ten back. He says "A five and two ones is good"...

And they let people like this vote...

November 13, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

As brother RH would say, that's the 'new' math! If the teller was smart she could have complied and then had a little cushion for any shortages...

November 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  5. M T Nest

Oh for cry in' out loud, I just noticed my name was wrong today. I got a new cell ph & I have a sensitive keypad & autocorrect...grrrr...guess I should read it before I publish. (suddenly feels like Mon)

November 13, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • Truth™@MTNest

A sensitive keypad just needs more TLC. Talk to it about your relationship, its feelings and How it feels. Give it a good hug.

November 13, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MT Neat

Um, it was like that yesterday too...thought you were trying out new handles.. :D

November 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  6. And now a word from our sponsor...

Best.
    Stuff.
    Ever.

November 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  7. M T Neat

Oh man! You all are making me lol...thanks, I really needed that! Yes Mary Shannon, that will get ya a few gardening tools. You can go out & sweat all summer, then go out & freeze your, well, freeze in the winter. Have a great day, all!

November 13, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
  8. Mildred

Hey all... I hope things are going well for people.

And thanks to Groupon, my fiance and I will be checking out Dans Le Noir in NYC on Black Friday. It's a "dining in the dark" experience.

November 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
  9. Jerv

Maybe Jdizz will stop by and see the palintwit comments on the 5000 pizza thread.

November 13, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

En route...

November 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  10. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good Tootsday (nod to RH) Morning everyone! Heater on the last 2 days, now time for the a/c...creeping up to a very pleasant 81 degrees today. Don't get me started on the votes last week for Los Angeles county and CA in general. I have a hard time believing that the voters of the stooopid state voted in 6 TRILLION in new taxes for the next 4 years. REALLY PEOPLE!! Ugh. I tried to vote down every penney they wanted. They even voted in a measure to require p0rn stars to wear condoms and let taxpayers foot the bill for sending guberment workers to the sets to monitor it...egads.

*steps off of soap box*

November 13, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • Truth™@JBJ

So the continuing effort to drive out anyone with a few bucks continues, I see...Can't tell you the number of folks in CO who have left your state in the last ten years...

November 13, 2012 at 11:16 am |
    • The Witty One@JBJ

Is the government hiring for said positions?

November 13, 2012 at 11:19 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO

I was wondering who would be first in line for that job! You WIN!

November 13, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • Jerv@JBJ

Yeah, I read about the condom thing. That some really ignorant sh it.

November 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
  11. Jerv

Dreary wet weather here in VA. But thank goodness the attack ads are over and done.

November 13, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • Truth™@Jerv

Good morning, and I hope this day will be better for you than yesterday was...Been there, done that.

November 13, 2012 at 9:41 am |
      • Jerv

Thank you and "Amen!" to that. Pops scored this recipe we are going to try this weekend. Thought I'd share with everyone.

November 13, 2012 at 9:57 am |
        • Truth™@Jerv

Looks delish. Let us know how it turns out.

Speaking of herbs, A buddy of mine and I did some tree work on his land this past weekend, and he gave me a fairly good sized bag of "oraygano", and I immediately thought of TWO and JDizz. It's not my thing, so I will likely re-gift this Christmas season. Ho, Ho, Ho!

November 13, 2012 at 10:22 am |
        • The Witty One@Truth

My address is....

November 13, 2012 at 10:24 am |
        • Truth™@

Do I have your email addy? If so, I'll send a pic. My initial reaction was to not refuse a gift, but inside I was thinking "What the H am I supposed to do with this? Make a salad or something???"

November 13, 2012 at 10:38 am |
        • The Witty One@Truth

thewittyonetwo@gmail.com

November 13, 2012 at 10:40 am |
        • Truth™@TWO

Coming at 'cha...

November 13, 2012 at 10:57 am |
        • The Witty One@Truth

Pretty! And that will make someone a very happy camper around christmas :)

November 13, 2012 at 10:59 am |
        • M T Neat

I am just cracking up! Sounds like the kind of salad to serve at a holiday get together...to "liven" things up a bit! (Still chuckling)

November 13, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
        • Truth™@TWO, MT Nest

I am more reminded of Tony Stark's line to Th eHulk in "The Avengers". I will try to find on Youtube...

November 13, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Nice

November 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  12. Mary Shannon

Good morning! I am having that kind of weather, here, too, MT. Our temps are supposed to be 20 degrees less today than yesterday, what fun. We already did the snow thing last week, not ready for any repeats yet.

Thanks for breakfast, Truth. Have a good day!

November 13, 2012 at 8:05 am |
    • M T Neat

Oh I hear ya, I'm so not ready for winter. What can we do but grin & bare it. Lol, how long till spring?

November 13, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
  13. M T Neat

Good am! After a beautiful 70ish degree w/e, we dropped 30 degrees by Mon. Woke up to a little (here comes a 4 letter word) snow this am...ewww! Question for you, Truth...Fri you made comment about "being a walking argument for HOA", what is HOA??? Lol, I can't figure that 1 out! Good pound cake, btw! 😊

November 13, 2012 at 7:40 am |
    • Truth™@MT Nest

HOA = Home Owner's Association. I live in a townhome complex, and they do all the outdoor maintenance. I love the fact that I do not own a rake.

November 13, 2012 at 8:34 am |
      • M T Neat

Oh duh! I should have known that, my friend lives in a condo & has mentioned that. I'll have ya know, I'm the proud owner of a rake, leaf blower, weed whipper, lawn edger, lawn mower, hedge trimmer, shovel, & the $205 driveway plow bill that just arrived...wanna trade? Thanks for the reply & have a good day!

November 13, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
        • Mary Shannon

Well, I'll take your $205 and raise you my monthly HOA fee of $350. Can buy a lot of rakes and shovels for that.

November 13, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
        • AleeD®@Mary S

... and hoes. Mustn't forget about the hoes.

November 13, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
        • Snoop Jay-Z Cube@AleeD

Don't choo go tawkin bout my hoes...

November 13, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
        • AleeDnatured®@Snoop Jay-Z Cube

Man, you know if you want a well-groomed lawn, sometimes gotta use da hoes.

November 13, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  14. Truth™

Good morning all, and welcome!
    Coffee is on, and we have fresh poundcake.

Cold in Denver this morning. How is everyone doing today?

November 13, 2012 at 7:09 am |
    • DreamBig

Hey Truth, I'm doing well. I'm learning to teach myself that every day is an amazing day – whether it's sunny, rainy, snowing, cold, overcast or whatever else it could be. Each day holds beauty, and it is my intent to focus on that.

Life is going pretty well today. I direct a group of awesome high school students volunteering to help their community, and they are making me proud!

November 14, 2012 at 1:45 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,988 other followers