Coffee klatsch
November 6th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Turth™

I guess some folks REALLY love to vote...

November 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I do that through the Burger King Drive through. I always ask for no mayo.

November 6, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  2. Breaking News!™

This just in:
    Marijuana legalization efforts are expected to pass today in both Washington State and in Colorado. No matter who wins the presidential race, this effort will be sorely needed.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

November 6, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • Tommy Chong

Wow man. That's far out.

November 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Suddenly looking for employment opportunities in Denver......

Perhaps a new shop is in order.

November 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
        • Turth™@JDizz

Keep in mind that the basement, spare bedroom, attic, garage and crawlspace can all be rented out at reasonable rates...:)

November 6, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  3. Mildred

OMG I *love* the cups in today's picture... where can I get them?

Voted before work, and wasn't even late!

November 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
    • Truth™@Mildred

Try this on for size Darlin'...Not exact, but fairly close...

November 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  4. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

November 6, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  5. Jerv-interesting thoughtful read for those interested on election day.

November 6, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I echo many of his sentiments having just gone through it. I am dismayed and hurt at the number of my co-workers who still expected business as usual during the aftermath of the storm. I had no way to connect to my work systems, could not post an "out of office" message, and how do people react? I actually got escalated to my manager (who was well aware of my plight) twice!!

After I came back on line, and replied to this person's "urgent" request, I accompanied it by telling him that his concern for his fellow worker needed help. His reply...first to apologize, but then quickly back to defending his action "since we're all one list away from a resource action".

What are we turning into?

November 6, 2012 at 9:54 am |
      • The Witty One

Zombies.

November 6, 2012 at 10:05 am |
      • AleeD®@Mary S, TWO & Jerv

Slaves of the greedy corporate juggernauts ... IOW, what TWO said.

November 6, 2012 at 10:24 am |
      • Truth™@Mary

Most workplaces these days seem to resemble "Lord of the Flies" with free coffee.

Sorry for what you have had to live with recently. Glad to see you back in action.

November 6, 2012 at 11:12 am |
      • Mildred

I think the guy is scared about loosing his job... perhaps even paranoid.

November 6, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  6. The Witty One

THE ADS ARE OVER!!!!! THANK YOU CHEESUS!

Good morning everyone!

November 6, 2012 at 9:38 am |
  7. Truth™

Good morning all, after a day off yesterday. Now if only I could decide who to vote for...If only I had seen an election advertisement, maybe then I would have an idea. I am so undecided...

November 6, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • AleeD®

*head explodes*

November 6, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  8. HarleyGirl

Good morning folks! I'm headed to the polls this morning. Lucky for me, I vote in a very small town, and it never takes more than 5 minutes. For you guys that have to wait hours to vote, you have my deepest sympathy. Why in this day & age, does it take so long to vote? I think that is just shameful, especially when a lot of folks have to take a day off from work just to cast their ballot. Just not right! Anyway, grab your coffee & one of those red, white, and blue doughnuts and head for that line. Have a great day all!

November 6, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • M T Nest

I don't live in a small town, but, I was in & out in less than 15min's! They have a great crew & set up there, which really helps. I feel bad for the people that have to wait forever, also. At least it doesn't stop them!

November 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
  9. Jerv

Hello everyone. Be sure and vote today. AleeD, loved your bologna comment!

November 6, 2012 at 8:25 am |
    • AleeD®@Jerv

I liked yours on the Bourdain thread. ^_^

November 6, 2012 at 9:42 am |
  10. Mary Shannon

Morning, everyone! I'm voting at lunchtime. As ironies go, the one thing that didn't blow away during the storms here were the election signs....sure enough, the day after I was driving around, seeing the trees down, power lines down and a general mess, but those signs were still there.

November 6, 2012 at 8:23 am |
    • M T Nest

Lol, funny how that works! Glad everything is ok with you, that must have been frightening.

November 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
  11. AleeD®

Good morning all. Going to vote after work. Thanks for the dog nuts MT. Craziness continues at work. Anyone know of an engineering manager type who's looking for a job? Have him/her leave their resume on the newly sanitized Cold Stone in the dungeon – with many thanks.

November 6, 2012 at 7:16 am |
  12. M T Nest

Good am eveyone! In honor of election day, I left ya some red, white, & blue doughnuts & some "to go" cups for your coffee. Grab what ya want & eat while waiting in line at the polls. Have a good day!

November 6, 2012 at 6:35 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,643 other followers