Coffee klatsch
November 1st, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Great story Kat! I would say that I enjoyed it, but that is the wrong sentiment. Best wishes to you, SLT, and your family and friends. Stay safe.

November 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Thank you! We're well and just getting antsy to help people out. Really worried for my restaurant friends.

November 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Reply
  2. MicheleG™

I find Flickr to be a pain in the tu-tu. If I could load a photo, NOT a video, here I'd do it. Sorry!

November 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  3. MicheleG™

not on much this week. I'm a new grandma as of Tuesday the 30th! Second grandson (or have I posted this already?) If so please pardon my pride!

November 1, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

Pride On! Congrats on #2!

November 1, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Reply
    • Ms. Grammar

CONGRATULATIONS! Some great news during a depressing week.

November 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@MicheleG

MANY congrats! You can never be too proud of your loved ones...

November 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®@GrannyG™

Congratulations!! Got Pix?

November 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I will look into Flickr and see what I can do. HUGS! to all!

November 1, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Reply
  4. The Witty One

hieveryone!!!!peoplebroughtcandyintotheofficetodaandiatealotofit!wabbawabbachoochoo! poidfagoidgndrion!

November 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®@TWO

Ya may wanna consider decaf. ^_^

November 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@TWO

...too, TWO.

November 1, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@Wittious Maximus

Get a good night's sleep. Next Tuesday...

November 1, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

That's a big mouth. I'd hit it.

I guess Clinton was a few blocks away last night stumping for Obama. Ryan was in town, too. Didn't read that story. Don't care.

NFL loser bowl on tonight.

November 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@JDizz

Who are the 49ers playing...;)

November 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

It's their bye week. So, it'll be an epic battle.

November 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Reply
  6. Mildred

I hope everyone's doing alright?

November 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Reply
  7. HarleyGirl

Good morning all! It finally stopped raining here. Yay! What a mess on the east coast. It just breaks your heart to view the devastation. Glad to hear that your friends & families are reporting in, and are safe. It really sucks to be without power. Hard to get life back on track without electricity. Hopefully, it won't last too long. May each day get better than the last. Have a good day all!

November 1, 2012 at 11:43 am | Reply
  8. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew! How goes the post-Halloween. Only 54 days until Christmas!

November 1, 2012 at 11:07 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

You, sir, are evil. What'd you and the fam dress up as last nite? We saw the world's cutest 3 year old cop. He shot all our decorations.

November 1, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle

LB was DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba and LB2 was a Lion.

Sir Biddle went as the angry homeowner mad about the hood rats with no costumes trick-or-treating at 10:15. No light on. No Candy. Go back across the river!

November 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@Sir Bid

I'm with you. I'll give out candy to anyone in costume, regardless of age – once. A group of teens tried to double dip on us last year, so I was watching for them this year. No show this year.

Wanna borrow my wh!p in case they come back?

November 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  9. Kat Kinsman

Hola Klatschmenons! Glad to see y'all here. I'm hunkered down in Brooklyn with a houseguest and her dog, but fine. Stay warm and well. Rabbit rabbit.

November 1, 2012 at 10:09 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Thinking of you the past few days...glad to know you are OK. By hunkering down, does that mean you are without power too, or by way of posts you have power? Found a link on main site yesterday from Mayo Clinic on meals to make without power, good idea for anyone affected by power outages...

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

November 1, 2012 at 11:05 am | Reply
  10. Truth™

Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing well today.

Talked to Mary Shannon last night, and she is STILL without power. She brought some soup over to our Dad, who is moping around the house and won't leave for any reason. According to the power company, this could last 7-10 DAYS?!?!?!

November 1, 2012 at 9:58 am | Reply
  11. JainaJade

Good morning! Still reeling from the Star Wars/Disney announcement but starting to make peace with it. Also decided to make some kit-kat cookies cuz nothing says wahOo calories like cookies stuffed with candy :-D

November 1, 2012 at 8:39 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@Mrs. Fel

I'm afraid to ask. What was the announcement? Gotta link?

November 1, 2012 at 9:00 am | Reply
      • JainaJade

Too many links but short story is Disney bought Lucasfilm, and everything that goes with it, on Tuesday for just over 4 Billion Dollars! They also announced that Episode VII is in work and will be released sometime in 2015, no word on when Episode VII will take place outside of post-Empire. Lots of theories now on what is going to happen but in general people are positive about it, primarily because of the sucess Disney has had with the Marvel franchise.

November 1, 2012 at 9:21 am | Reply
        • AleeD®

Good grief. I wonder if Walt had this in mind when he built his business.

November 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • Jerv@JJ

Yeah when I heard about that I thougt of you. What's your take on that??

November 1, 2012 at 9:10 am | Reply
      • JainaJade@Jerv

I think this could be a very good thing, especially looking at the sucess of the Marvel franchise since the buy-out. I'm hoping this will release some of the book series that have been on hold and will also result in more Alt-View books being published. As for Episode VII, I'm hoping it will take place during the Legacy of the Force time period. This would allow them to keep the principal actors since timeline wise it's 30yrs+ down the road. It would also introduce a ton of new characters, including some kick butt females that could bring new meaning to the "Disney Princess" concept.

November 1, 2012 at 9:24 am | Reply
  12. Jerv

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a sugar charged great Halloween.

November 1, 2012 at 8:25 am | Reply
  13. M T Nest

Good am! Did everyone survive the visits from the ghosts & goblins last pm? I had 1 kid who really had a good costume...he was a "red box" video rental. He painted a box with head & arm holes in it, glued video labels to it. It looked just like 1. Simple, yet creative. Anyone else have any creative trick or treaters?

November 1, 2012 at 8:22 am | Reply
  14. AleeD®

Looks like she found the punkin man in her mug this morning. ^_^ Got coffee and apple-cinnamon muffins for all. Happy Thursday folks!

November 1, 2012 at 7:08 am | Reply
    • M T Nest

Good am, AleeD, That's too funny, I thought the same thing. Happy Thursday to you, as well!

November 1, 2012 at 8:12 am | Reply