Coffee klatsch
October 29th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. AleeD®@woodie

Goooooooooood Afternoon folks! Positive thoughts and safe wishes to all.

October 29, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Crap. No "@woodie". ;)

October 29, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

You've been talking to a Woodie?? ;) Quiet day here...wishing we can get some check-in's from our NE regulars.

October 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  2. Mildred

Here's to everyone staying safe!

October 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Reply
    • Mildred

Things should be mostly ok in Albany, NY, but if I am home from work I'll try to get some cleaning done.

And I'm making sure my wind up flashlight is all wound and charged.

October 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  3. HarleyGirl

Good morning all! Well, it's cold, windy, & gray here. Piece of cake compared to what the east coast will get. All I can say is good luck to you all, and stay safe. I have a few friends in the storm's path, too. My thoughts are with you. Oh another song just popped into my head, "Riding the Storm Out". A theme song for the week? Congrats to all your fav football teams in their wins. Shoot, even my team won! That Dallas/Giants game was just a crazy game. Guess Mary gets bragging rights on that one. Have a good day all, and have a great week, too.

October 29, 2012 at 11:33 am | Reply
  4. The Witty One

Officially checking in. I am safe and cozy in my office and heading home shortly to continue working. Hope everyone is safe and dry!

October 29, 2012 at 11:32 am | Reply
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

In other news, I finished my Haunted Candy Mansion yesterday... Have the fixins for some Buffalo Bat Wing Dip to bring in Wednesday for a potluck. I love Halloween!

October 29, 2012 at 11:20 am | Reply
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning fellow Klatchkies! Wishing all the best to those on the Right Coast and vicinity, that is one ginormous storm. Hubs son and brothers live in NJ so he's been in contact over the weekend and this morning, hoping everyone stays safe...

We just had a tiny 3.9 earthquake yesterday, but it shook the house pretty good. Not enough to send Odie hiding though..

October 29, 2012 at 11:14 am | Reply
  7. Ms. Grammar

Battening down the hatches in So. New Jersey (about 50 miles inland from Atlantic City). Working from home today. All the stores around me ran out of bottled water on Friday (along with bread). So I stoked up on seltzer water! It will go very nicely with the Scotch I am planning to add to it. Also found loads of "real" bread (AKA, no preservatives/additives, etc., at Trader Joe's. Guess everyone thought it was going to be too expensive. It's NOT – $1.99 a loaf of really good sliced bread – much healthier than Strohmans, Wonder bread, etc.

Any hoo, planning to do some reading by candlelight if we lose power, but keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to all my Klatscher Buddies that are in Sandy's way. Love you all.

October 29, 2012 at 11:07 am | Reply
  8. Mary Shannon

I guess today must be the anniversary of Thomas Kincaid's death, based on Google's logo of the day. He was a talented guy, but with a specific audience.

October 29, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
    • Truth™@Mary

I saw that, but I thought it was Bob Ross, the "happy trees" guy who was on PBS in the 1990s...?

October 29, 2012 at 10:22 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yeah, saw that, too. He could make you go to sleep with his voice on Sunday Afternoons.

October 29, 2012 at 11:02 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Oops, sorry, its Bob Ross, the other painter who died. And I should have known that one, since my ex thought he'd be the next Bob Ross. :-)

October 29, 2012 at 10:22 am | Reply
    • Ms. Grammar

Hi Mary. That's actually Bob Ross the "inventor" of happy trees. His shows were so relaxing to watch.

October 29, 2012 at 11:11 am | Reply
  9. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Kelly Clarkson sounds like a goat, particularly on that "Stronger" song. Her music sticks.

That is all.

October 29, 2012 at 10:00 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

*stinks

October 29, 2012 at 10:01 am | Reply
  10. MicheleG™

WOW....been watching the weather news WAY out here in California. Hope you all can stay safe and dry......

October 29, 2012 at 9:28 am | Reply
  11. Kat Kinsman

Hi, nice people! Sarah and I are working from home unless we lose power here in NYC. Please stay safe, Los Klatschmenons and let us know you're okay!

October 29, 2012 at 9:11 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Hunker down you two–find your floaties,snorkels masks and fins.We NEED our Fearless Leaders-Stay safe and guard the liquor cabinet.

October 29, 2012 at 9:40 am | Reply
    • The Witty One@Kat & SLT

Stay safe up there you two!

October 29, 2012 at 11:30 am | Reply
  12. Mary Shannon

Good morning, still operational here. Lots of wind and getting windier, rain is supposed to start shortly. They're expecting the worst to hit this afternoon and tonight. When I walked the furries this morning I noticed a neighbor's deck chair already in the middle of the lawn, so much for everyone doing their part.

I'll provide updates as I can, also to Kat and SLT, stay safe!!

October 29, 2012 at 9:08 am | Reply
  13. Truth™

Good morning all, and welcome to another week. Good things came from the fav teams yesterday, so not a bad Monday here.

Best wishes to all the Flamenons on the east coast. Stay safe all, and tie down anything that is outside.

Coffee is on, and there are assorted donuts in back. Enjoy!

October 29, 2012 at 8:49 am | Reply