Coffee klatsch
October 24th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. icon pack

Certainly, never it is impossible to be assured.

November 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Reply
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Target Delivery Guy

Thank you for your service and delivering those awesome cotton candy cob webs! Those should go nicely on my haunted gingerbread house! Kind of weird though to see Christmas stuff next to Halloween, why not through in Valentines Day too? So confusing.

October 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  3. The World's Second Worst Itinerant Comedian

Frick: You remember the Hunchback of Notre Dame right?
    Frack: Sure.
    Frick: Did you know he had a brother with no arms?
    Frack: No, I didn't know that.
    Frick: So you don't remember him? He had the same job as his brother
    Frack: No, I don't remember that either, but his face rings a bell.

October 24, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Reply
  4. HarleyGirl

Good afternoon, folks! It's a beautiful day here. Hope you all are having a "bright, sun shiny day"! Oh, now I will have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day. lol...

October 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Reply
    • Campstove Jack

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRdtKUWn_wI&w=640&h=390]

October 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Reply
    • M T Nest

Now that song is stuck in my head, too! (Lol, that's ok, tho)

October 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Reply
  5. Breaking News!™

Police have made an arrest in the Jessica Ridgeway murder case.

October 24, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Woo hoo, I hope they fry the illegitimi.

October 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary

I have some rope in the basement and a nice tall tree near the house.

October 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Reply
        • M T Nest

Let me know if you need help "creating" a pain in his neck.

October 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
  6. Sir Biddle

Your afternoon humor – Halloween themed: http://www.happyplace.com/18527/the-most-bizarre-sexy-halloween-costumes

October 24, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Reply
  7. Mildred

Some might remember me talking a couple of months back about my friend who had a baby then heart complications.

They found out that it was a heart attack and stroke one-two-combo hit on her body. They had installed a device to help her heart while waiting for a transplant... and was able to go home after about 3 months of being in the hospital.

She'd been home for a week, and her husband noticed that the numbers for her device (a LVAD) were off... so she went to the hospital again on Tuesday night. Yesterday they found out that clotting had clogged the device and caused the motor to overheat. So they had to shut off the device, and were talking about next steps since she was stable...

When they got a call that a potential donor heart just became available.

The operation was last night.

So far, so good. The operation went well... they have to wait a little bit for the right amount of clotting to take place and then remove the device and seal her up properly... which will probably be sometime today.

October 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Holy he!! that's alot of trauma for a new mommy! Positive thoughts & prayers to you, your friend and her family.

October 24, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

AleeD said it best. Ditto and regards. She's in our thoughts.
      This is a big one to get through. whew.....(((((HUGS!))))) to her and the baby!

October 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Ditto Alee and Mic, all the best for your friend and her family!

October 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mil

Crossing all toes and fingers, hoping for the best, and for the worst to be over for her. Hugs to you all.

October 24, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Reply
    • Campstove Jack

My heart goes out to her and her family. Seriousness and flippant pun intended; only to lighten this dramatic but hopefully happy ever after story in her, her family and friends lives. Say a prayer for the donor.

October 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Reply
    • M T Nest

Oh my! Positive thoughts being sent to all involved.

October 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  8. M T Nest

Now I say good afternoon! I snuck (is snuck a real word? Lol!) out for a car wash & much to my surprise, gas prices fell to $3.32! Yes, Mary Shannon, I am dressing up for halloween. I will be the wicked witch of the east (before the house smooshed her, haha), ruby slippers & all! I love halloween! As for the squirrel, JbJ, maybe it's an escape route from the neighborhood cats...? Haunted gingerbread house sounds very cool, too, btw. MicheleG, Have you ever had choc covered coffee beans? They're good in an odd way. Autumn Leaf, Lol, did you buy anything fun? :)

October 24, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MT

$3.32!! Where do you live?? I just paid $4.25 for regular yesterday and was doing a happy dance about it! Sheesh. And yes, I voted down the $6 Bazzillion a Year Tax Increase, Californians can thank me anytime...

October 24, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

S/He lives in an M T Nest, silly.

October 24, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Reply
        • M T Nest

Too funny! I'm a she bird in my "m t nest"!

October 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
      • Truth™@JBJ

I paid $3.55 last month.

October 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Reply
      • M T Nest

$4.25...ouch! I'm a Michigander. (Nice to "meet" you!)

October 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

How about $3.19 in Mansfield,Tx--I filled that sucker up. Wait--Don't shoot the messenger. :))

October 24, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH aka Target Delivery Guy

Would it be cost effective to drive over there and fill up?? I'm jealous...but not a killer.

October 24, 2012 at 5:46 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

If you had a Prius it might. Then you could have some REAL BBQ. :))

October 24, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • Autumn Leak

Hey Ms.Nest, I ended up buying 3 pairs of boots and some leggings. Weather was not a factor in my decision to purchase them.. It's 81 out now. Lol! Il bet you'll make a beautiful Wicked Witch if there's such a thing. Everyone have a great day!

October 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Reply
      • Autumn Leaf

Eek! I just hate it when I misspell my name.... So there!

October 24, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Reply
        • Turth™@Autumn Leak

I hate it when I do that!

October 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
      • M T Nest

Lol! If you call a green face beautiful, well, I guess so...Not! ;) Sounds like you had good luck shopping. Good thing you got those before they're "picked over".

October 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Autumn Leak

If Autumn were to leak, what would it leak, leaves? LOL I like that moniker..

October 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  9. Sir Biddle

Yo Yo Yo. Whats up crew? Been on travel and out of pocket. Anything new going on?

October 24, 2012 at 11:57 am | Reply
  10. Jerv

MicG is going to freak out over that photo.

October 24, 2012 at 11:21 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak! especially if it's chocolate coffee!

October 24, 2012 at 11:42 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

That's coffee abuse. Before it got away from him, I hope he licked it up.

October 24, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

er....how to make spilled coffee x-rated.....

October 24, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
  11. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning fellow Klatschkies! I brought in some grilled chicken/mango salso quesadillas for your noshing pleasure.

No dressing up for Halloween here, it's hard enough to figure out what to wear to work, than to complicate that with costume... I am thinking of making a Haunted Gingerbread House this weekend to bring in next week, I made one years ago and it came out really cute.

October 24, 2012 at 11:21 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Dressing up for Halloween ... what's that about?

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the dungeon, polishing my patent leathers. ~_~

October 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

If you were to "dress up (or down)" for Halloween, would that be like a turtleneck sweater, slacks, and sensible shoes?? :D

October 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Careful, you're heading down the "librarian fantasy" road.

October 24, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
        • AleeD®@Sir Biddle & ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Great idea JB! But scratch the pants. Make it a pleated skirt, just below the duck-line, thigh-hi white stockings, hair up in a sloppy bun, held with a sharpened pencil. The sensible shoes can be someone else's torture. Spiked patent pumps ATW ...

... and glasses. Gotta have horn-rimmed glasses.

October 24, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Thank you. I'll be now heading to our gym for a cold shower.

October 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD & SirB

Well that took an unexpected turn now didn't it...

October 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
        • Sir Biddle

Upward. Literally.

October 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
        • Truth™@JBJ, AleeD

I swear you two are as bad as guys are...:)

October 24, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

Not me!! I was innocent I tell ya. 0:)

October 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  12. Jdizzle McPatientpants ♫♫

I never saw the lunchtime poll.

October 24, 2012 at 11:10 am | Reply
    • Jerv

LMAO!

October 24, 2012 at 11:21 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

LOL – How about a Question of the Day? Why do squirrels run across telephone/electrical wires up 30 feet in the air? I can't imagine that is the best way to get around...just sayin'.

October 24, 2012 at 11:25 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Less chance of being hit by a car up there?

October 24, 2012 at 11:32 am | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

That is true if said wire is over a street, but I saw one today running along up there, when there was a perfectly fine, and safe, sidewalk below. I see them run across the wire over busy streets on my morning commute, and I get that one, but really why do they need to get across the street!?

If I were a squirrel I'd find me a dog free backyard with big trees and I'd be home never to cross a street...

October 24, 2012 at 11:55 am |
        • Mary Shannon

I guess even squirrels need vacations away from home sometimes!

October 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
      • AleeD®@ ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™ QOD

Because it's easier to run with the current.

October 24, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

punny!

October 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

HA!!!! Did you lose your x-ray glasses?

October 24, 2012 at 11:58 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@ Sir Biddle

Welcome back, Out of Pocket. Please tell the class, what do x-rated glasses look like?

(MicheleG started this)

October 24, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle

Something like this:

Don't worry, its overstock.com not anything bad.

October 24, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
        • AleeD®@Sir Biddle

That's such a letdown. At least I didn't get rick-rolled.

October 24, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
  13. Jerv

Wonderful weather here in VA. I'm dippin' out for a walk. MS, nope not dressing up here for Halloween. Though if I did, I'd probably go as Peewee Herman. : )

October 24, 2012 at 10:28 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle

Dirty Dan's Den of Delight is throwing a costume party down in Richmond aren't they?

October 24, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Reply
  14. Autumn Leaf

Good am! Sunny and 81 here so I'm taking advantage of the nice weather and going for a walk – in the mall! LOL!

October 24, 2012 at 9:37 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Autumn Leaf

Welcome, and please be sure to take your suglasses and apply sunscreen, those harsh lights in the mall are dangerous. :)

October 24, 2012 at 11:17 am | Reply
  15. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Still dreary and rainy here. I hope the rest of you have better weather than me, sure looks like MT does!

Anyone dressing up for Halloween?

October 24, 2012 at 9:20 am | Reply
    • Mildred

I often dress up, but I'm not sure what I'm doing this year.

October 24, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Reply
  16. M T Nest

Good morn! Rain finally stopped, a high of 75 today, & of course, I'm stuck indoors today...no fair! Tomor is 77, then by weekend, high of 47...crazy, huh? Time to start thinkin' about a big pot of w/e chili, I guess.

October 24, 2012 at 7:05 am | Reply