Coffee klatsch
September 28th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Haywood Tippetts

A low-carb diet is generally used to lose weight. Some low-carb diets say that they have health benefits beyond weight loss, such as reducing risk factors associated with heart disease, certain cancers, diabetes and metabolic syndrome. ;*,.

Have a good weekend <http://wellnessdigest.cokc

June 24, 2013 at 6:49 am | Reply
  2. deep singh

congrats..

October 3, 2012 at 6:33 am | Reply
  3. Name*JBJingles

Howdy

September 28, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®@You?

Hi. Are you sure it's you? That's not your usual moniker.

September 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Reply
      • Jerv@AleeD

And it is in blue indicating a cell phone post and most likely a MarqueeBlog troll.

You and everyone else have a great weekend.

September 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jerv

Funny, but they have now blocked all access to Marquee for me at work and all company devices...*sigh* How will I keep up the the Kardashians like this!?? ;)

September 28, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD & Jerv

It's MEEEEE, I'm aliiive! :) I was on the Crackberry which refused to let me see posts from the mobile site, or switch to normal view. No website was listed so not sure why it came out thata way!?

Back from FL yesterday, and off to Newport, RI tomorrow for a conference for the week...I get to try to skirt around "Carmeggedon II" (google it, I'm not kidding!).

Howsa everyone doin'??

September 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

You have missed almost non stop Carmageddon news for the last MANY days..
        stay offa the 405,
        Sepulveda Blvd will be a clogged mess,
        pick another route into town, maybe the 101, maybe use the 5, maybe even go out to the 605,
        maybe even take Kanan Dume road into Malibu. Me, I'm glad I';m WAY out here in the eastern boonies.

September 28, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

Thanks. Me plans to take the 5 South to the 110 South, to the 105 (I think), then cut over to Hawthorne and then 405 North to LAX. Luckily (I think again) flight not until 11:45ish. Thankfully we have sigalert.com to keep me posted in the am before I leave to figure out the best route...I plan to leave 3 hours to commute the 35 miles!!

September 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  4. MicheleG™

Official Good Morning on a beautiful morning. Sprinklers running, plants greening, me coffeeing. taking my pills, trying to decide what to eat that won't pump up the carbs too high (an ongoing battle).

Wish I could figure out an innocuous breakfast that I could live with that wouldn't mess with the diabetes.....(sigh)

September 28, 2012 at 11:53 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@MicG™

How 'bout dinner for breakfast? I had to give up on cereals (including oatmeal, cream of wheat & grits) during the week. I eat a high protein / low carb breakfast because the cereal & milk thing wasn't staying with me.

September 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

There's a thought.....dinner for breakfast.....I will try that and see what happens! Thanks!

September 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@MicG™

That's assuming you don't have dinner regularly at the local state fair. ;)

September 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Yuppsie. No junk dinners for breakfast.

September 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  5. Mary Shannon

Morning, everyone! Congrats, TX4, enjoy your big day!!

Cool and rainy here today, supposed to be on/off for the weekend. I missed doing any pickums last week, I'll try to get mine up today, but in the meantime, I'm certainly voting for Giants over Eagles.

September 28, 2012 at 9:09 am | Reply
  6. Jerv-cool song but this dude is a goof.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2MKhcJeUrs&w=640&h=390]

September 28, 2012 at 9:00 am | Reply
  7. Truth™

Good morning Flamenons from a cool and chilly Denver!
    We've had more rain in the past three days than in the last three months. Typical for these parts.

Happy Friday! Anyone have big plans?

September 28, 2012 at 8:20 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Truth

No big plans here in Richmond but you made my day with this post yesterday about spelling your name "Turth." LOL!

Truth™@Kat, SLT

And as an example of just how fracked my week has been, I cannot even spell my name...

September 28, 2012 at 8:40 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

September 28, 2012 at 11:17 am | Reply
        • MicheleG™

well now, THAT's a new one (to me, anyway.....)

September 28, 2012 at 11:49 am |
        • AleeD®@MicG™, Jdizz, Jerv & Turth™

As I understand it, definition #2 certainly applies.

September 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
  8. Kat Kinsman

Yo, Dizzle! I'm stuck in a meeting all a.m. and may not get to post a lunchtime poll (will try my best). If not - it's totally on for Monday.

September 28, 2012 at 8:15 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Oh noez!!111!! That's OK.

September 28, 2012 at 11:15 am | Reply
  9. Sir Biddle

I owe this group, and more importantly Kat and Sarah, an apology. I made the Plumber comment on yesterday’s klatch and I am sorry for it. I think my words are more reflective of my own workplace and how unhappy my work
    environment has become over time. Its one thing to do something you enjoy but to do it in a crumby environment is a different thing and I wrongfully lashed out here. I didn't intend to make my words hurt anyone and for that I am sorry. Kat and Sarah I do appreciate Eatocracy and especially the Klatch. Please accept my apology as I let my own personal problems, work frustration, and stress impact you and the work you have done here and it was uncalled for. I shouldn't have made my bad day, your bad day.

September 28, 2012 at 7:14 am | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

That took guts, sir and I truly, truly appreciate it. Thank you and I really hope things get easier for you. Consider this your Cheers where you can come and let go of some of that.

To a better day for all of us.

September 28, 2012 at 8:14 am | Reply
    • AleeD, Thread Dominatrix®@Baaaad Biddle

Oh you're going to have to do SO much more than apologize. I hope you like tight, damp, dark places and the taste of patent leather. ~_~

September 28, 2012 at 9:06 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Don't forget the lash of whips!

@ Biddle – you, sir, are not the first in line for spatula spankings. Get behind me and RichardHead.

September 28, 2012 at 11:16 am | Reply
    • Jerv@SirB

You're a better man than I am, but then again, you already knew that. Chin up my friend. : )

September 28, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

((Hugs)) Good to see you do this. We all need a god example. You are OK by me.

September 28, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
  10. TX4UREXKARLENE

Hope everyone has a Wonderful weekend !!!
    We are closing on our house today :-)))))

September 28, 2012 at 5:34 am | Reply