Coffee klatsch
September 27th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Greg

I grew up with 5 sisters and no brothers. I fell like I really missed out on a lot of stuff. Do other guys without brothers feel the same. I have had some friendship with men that that approached brotherhood but it is not the same. It drives me crazy when I hear that someone says that do not get on with their bro or they are not close to him. My sisters are great, but they ended up bonding and I was left being a third parent. (I am the oldest.)

September 28, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  2. Kat Kinsman

This one's for RH:

September 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  3. MicheleG™

Dear Kat and SLT" YOU are the main reason this is such a nice place to visit. Don't let occasional rudeness get you down. You two are totally KOOL! (((HUGS!))) to you both!

September 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Right back atcha!

September 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  4. The Witty One

Happy Thursday afternoon folks! How has the crew been?

September 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Like my dad used to say; "Fine as Frog Hair!"

September 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
    • Jerv@2

Busy as a one armed paper hanger. They let me out of the asylum a bit to play on the internets. How about you?? GF??

September 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
  5. MicheleG™

Good morning to everyone. Sunny and BEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUTEEEEEEFUL this AM though I'm eagerly waiting for FALL and the first frost.

September 27, 2012 at 11:51 am |
    • AleeD®

Interesting – and not in the Klatscher's traditional sense. ;) Your Fall starts with a frost? Ours starts with fog. Our Spring starts that way, too. We get about 2 weeks of fog in the morning and typically it burns off by 10am. Then we start getting temps in the high 70's. Brrrrr. ;)

September 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
      • Jerv@MicheleG&AleeD

Glad you are having a great morning, MicG. Do either of you know what happened to Evil Grin??

September 27, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
        • AleeD®@Jerv

Busy with work and fed up with the modbotz. The combination of those two factors have done quite a number on the regs.

September 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

That and Eatocracy has been pretty stagnant as far as I'm concerned. Same stories everyday, no lunch time poll anymore, etc.

September 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And when was the last 5@5? I think everyone went on vacation.

September 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
        • Sarah LeTrent

Howdy Jdizzle. Funny you should mention it, there actually will be a brand-spanking-new 5@5 tomorrow. As Kat mentioned a while back, we've scaled down on some of the daily features to focus on deeper digs.

September 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
        • AleeD®@Jdizz

A year or so ago, Kat told us Eatocracy was going to see some changes. Simply put, the most visible of those changes were the presence of the modbotz, no more 5@5 or lunchtime poll.

September 27, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Vacation? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What's that? We are working insanely hard on Eatocracy AND Living AND TV. Not loving the implication that we're slacking. We have to pay a lot of attention to what gets traffic and where to concentrate efforts, bang for the time-buck. Fewer posts, bigger impact. Traffic waaayyy up. You're welcome.

And we do take the time to Klatsch every day because we do actually give a crap.

September 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
        • The Plumber

Looks like Eatocracy is circling the bowl. Time to put up another hipster food article or a food ethics piece (i.e. vegan vs meat eaters) to boost web hits.

Blame it on budgets. Blame it on whatever. It has run its course.

September 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Plumber – you know we can see your IP address and all the other things you've posted under your usual name, right?

Just checking.

September 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
        • AleeD®

HA! Snagged! That's why one should be vewwy, vewwy caweful what one posts 'round these here parts.

I'm out. All y'all have a lovely evening.

September 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

And frankly, seeing that it's a regular who I've always liked and welcomed who posted that "Plumber" comment, I admit it - I'm hurt. We are real people here, and we try to make a welcoming environment in the Klatsch, and in the articles, we have to make strategic decisions that align with what CNN wants to cover, and what we think is news we want to get out into the world. I'm proud of what we do, even if some of it isn't as fun-loving as it has been in the past. We go through cycles that ebb and flow with the news.

But there has always been The Klatsch. If you don't want to be here anymore, you'll be missed, but spitting on us while we're standing here (and hiding behind a fake name) is just plain old mean.

September 27, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Kat and Sarah

Well, that's a little more insightful. Good to hear. However, I demand the return of Lunchtime poll. =D

September 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

For you, J. Dizz - a poll tomorrow. Promise.

September 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
        • Turth™@Kat, SLT

Thank you for ALL that you do each and every day here at the Klatch. We love you both and it is all too easy to forget that this is not some brick and mortar lounge that we get to enjoy, but a website that is actually maintained by your blood sweat and tears. Thank you both and try to remember that it is often the rowdy kids in class, who have interesting things tosay at the most unexpeccted times.

September 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
        • Truth™@Kat, SLT

And as an example of just how fracked my week has been, I cannot even spell my name...

September 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Kat and Sarah

YAY!!!111!!11 <3

September 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Turth be told - I kinda love that spelling.

September 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Truth

LOL. Turth. Isn't that a planet in Star Wars or something?

September 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • MicheleG™

No idea about EG. Wonder where he went.

I'm in southern California and no, we don't have an abrupt change to fall. Our season changes can be almost imperceptible. I'm just looking to quit sweating. SOME time in the later fall season we can get a mild frost here and there. I'm just being wistful.....

September 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  6. Greg

Not sure about this blog. Seems lightweight. Not many contributors. Or am I missing something.

September 27, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • AleeD®

I'm pretty sure those who started out by leaving negative comments, found greener pastures elsewhere ...

September 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
      • Jerv

Agreed. But feel free to stick around, Greg. When the regulars have time to show up it gets pretty rowdy here.

September 27, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  7. ieeta cornbread

Goodmorning everyone. I am brand new to your blog. It looks incredible. Hope everyone has the greates day ever full of yummy treats.

September 27, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • Jerv

Welcome aboard.

September 27, 2012 at 11:34 am |
    • AleeD®

Howdy ieeta

September 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
  8. Jerv@Question of the Day (QOD)

From the Steve Harvey morning show. If you are on a sinking boat with your mother and sister and can only save one, which would you choose?

For me, an easy choice. Neither. Just save the prettiest woman on the boat and call it a day.

September 27, 2012 at 9:21 am |
    • ieeta cornbread

My grandma because she is sweet and an awesome cook !

September 27, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Since I never had a sister and my Mom is no longer here, I pick my brother!

September 27, 2012 at 10:14 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I think my Moms would agree – my sister. She knows where to score the best reefer.

September 27, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • AleeD®

Sister

September 27, 2012 at 10:21 am |
    • Gratuitous Suckup@QOD

I would purposely throw myself overboard so as to leave enough room for both Kat, and SLT...

September 27, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
      • Kat Kinsman

Well, someone loves us at least. I'll take it.

September 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  9. Mary Shannon

Kat, sorry for the errors, if you could delete them I would appreciate it, and I will stop now. :-)

September 27, 2012 at 8:22 am |
    • Jerv-maybe this is what you were trying for?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8UoUXmKH_A&w=640&h=390]

September 27, 2012 at 8:29 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Yes, yes, thanks, guess I was doing something wrong. Thanks, Jerv!

September 27, 2012 at 8:49 am |
      • Jerv

No problem. If you right click on the video and choose "Copy video URL" and then paste, works like a charm. I think SirB or AleeD or Jdizz taught me that.

September 27, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

I think I got 'em all. Happy morning!

September 27, 2012 at 9:24 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Thanks, Kat!

September 27, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  10. Jdizzle τ McHammerpants ♫♫

NFL Refs are back!!!!111!1

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w&w=640&h=390]

September 27, 2012 at 7:08 am |
  11. AleeD®

Good Thursday morning to everyone. Nice to see my much older Bro is back in our saddle. Apparently he actually IS rich now, but he's unhappy. :( C'mon Rich, sleep is waaaay over-rated.

Speaking of no sleep, help yourself to some Kona coffee & guava-cheese danish. So Happy It's Thursday.

September 27, 2012 at 7:04 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,047 other followers