Coffee klatsch
August 22nd, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

some afternoon fun stuff. Part of a letter sent to my ggggreat grandfather.

New Middleton, Ill Feb. 28, 1867

Mr. James Barnes: Dear cousin:

Yours came to hand day before yesterday and found us tolerably well, considering the mud.

The winter has been very cold during the month of January. The snow was two feet deep and the mud has been nearly as deep.

I have been looking strong for that meat. I don't care whether you ever go to the Knob or not, so you send a piece of Bear, and if you don't want your smeller broke, send it along and not compel me to come for it.

August 22, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • MicheleG™

"Like!"

August 22, 2012 at 6:06 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

I know, huh! "my smeller" LOL And I love this line too...

Polly Ann says tell her folks that she has been flesheyer this winter than she ever was in her life before.

August 22, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
      • MicheleG™

I can identify with that one all too well!

August 22, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
  2. Sir Biddle

A little funky groove to wake this joint up

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWKgenrE3j8&w=640&h=390]

August 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • Jerv@SirB

Fracking awesome! Thanks dude. I know what I'll be looking for the next time I go to BK Music.

August 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
      • Sir Biddle@Jerv

You get your music at Burger King?

August 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning our not-so-crotchety kastchkins! There is a reason I try not to travel to FL in August...due to fly out on Saturday. AleeD, can you huff and puff Isaac back out to sea??

August 22, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • Truth™@JBJ

I don't think there will be a landfall. All of the hot air emanating from the RNC will act as a natural barrier.

August 22, 2012 at 11:08 am |
    • AleeD®@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™ & Truth™

Truth has a solid point ... and I won't blow anything less than a 5 ... oh, you meant hurricane Isaac. My bad.

I wouldn't worry about a cat 1 – unless you're landing a plane in it. Aug & Sept are the worst months for weather in FL. Is there any way you can postpone your trip?

August 22, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD & Truth

Yeah, a cat 1 is not that big of a deal, except landing the plane! No way to delay this at this point, we took a week of juggling schedules in SRQ to get these dates and I'll be out most of the rest of the month.

We'll just see what he looks like on Saturday/Sunday, and bring extra hold hairspray and an umbrella or two.

August 22, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  4. Sir Biddle

Happy Hump Day Crew!

August 22, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  5. Jerv-Hello All. LOL! Looks like Prince Harry had a blast in Vegas.

August 22, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  6. Photo Caption

Ummmmm so I guess we had a little too much to drink last night. I never saw that coming. You promise to never tell anyone about this right?

August 22, 2012 at 9:43 am |
    • Photo Captain

Only if you promise to call me every day.

August 22, 2012 at 10:14 am |
      • Photo Captain

And spank me on the weekends.

August 22, 2012 at 10:34 am |
        • Photo Caption™

"Don't you feel a little hypocritical that we met for our blind date at a Chic-Fil-A?"

August 22, 2012 at 10:46 am |
        • MicheleG™

WIN!

August 22, 2012 at 11:44 am |
        • Photo Captain@Photo Captain2

Your words are not what I want in my mouth. Find your own screen name.

August 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning all!

Looks like that Issac character might be getting too close for comfort...

August 22, 2012 at 9:35 am |
  8. Mary Shannon

Good morning! Not too bad a Wednesday for a change. RH, good to know about the new email since its FOOTBALL season and I have to keep in touch with my two football pals during the games. Also, to continue today's trend of not politicize the food blog, if Akin's const*tuents don't fire him we should disown the whole state. Sorry in advance to any Missiourians.

August 22, 2012 at 9:22 am |
  9. Truth™

Good morning Flamenons. How is everyone doing today?

August 22, 2012 at 9:07 am |
  10. AleeD®

Gooooooooood Morning Happy Klatschers! Guess what time it is ...
    TIME TO WAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUP!!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g&w=640&h=390]

Halve anne ice dae awl!

August 22, 2012 at 6:54 am |
    • RichardHead

At least it wasn't ABBA--What's up Sista'? I see that a Big Blowhard ( besides the Republican Convention ) may be heading toward Tampon Bay. Prepare NOW....

August 22, 2012 at 7:24 am |
      • AleeD®

ABBA: American Body Builders Assoc? I see nothing wrong with that! Wassabi Bro!? How're you & WD faring these days? Sounds like there shouldn't be a whole lotta water in a place called Tampon Bay. ;)

Not to politicize a food blog, but if both events continue on their current paths, I think we'll have more fallout from the presence of the RNC than Isaac.

August 22, 2012 at 7:59 am |
        • RichardHead

Not to politicize this fine Food Blog but--ABBA stands for American Big Butt Association led by The First Lady. WD is worried that an Executive order will be signed for a Forced Diet on ALL pets as the First Dog must now go on a diet. When will it end????
          BTW-due to a falling out with Comcast ( who really,Really SUCK ) those who need to get in touch with me can now use my AOL.com acct. Same screen name.

August 22, 2012 at 8:42 am |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

How about a remix mashup to go with your morning coffee?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnrTAFDPXZ8&w=640&h=390]