August 14th, 2012

What hometown food do you crave like crazy? How far out of the way have you gone for an idiosyncratic food? Let us know in the comments below.

From affiliate WHDH.

Posted by:
Filed under: Affiliate • Local Food • News • Think • Video

1. man air max 24-7

Can one simply declare that of a relief to find somebody that really is aware just what they are really speaking about online. You need to know how to carry a problem to be able to gentle to make the idea critical. More people need to read this and appreciate this aspect from the tale. My partner and i can't consider you are not more popular because you certainly possess the reward. man air max 24-7

August 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  2. tanjent

After living out west for 15 years, I lamented the fact that my father, who had been visiting NJ from Israel, was basking in the greasy, sticky, salty glow of Taylor Ham Pork Roll at breakfast. After much whining on my part and much empathy on my father's part, he had a Pork Roll Express box show up on my doorstep, filled with one pound chubs of heaven. There is not one trip back to NJ that does not find me shamelessly gobbling up Taylor Ham sandwiches, eaten while standing, happy to have egg yolk and grease decorating my shirt.

August 15, 2012 at 11:35 am |
    • Agejr

I had my first Taylor Ham sandwich on a hamburger bun when I was seven or eight. Our neighbors mother was a Taylor Ham demonstrator in the local grocery stores in North Jersey and she gave my mom a sample. I was hooked. For almost twenty years I moved around the country for work, CT, GA, TX, PA, and every time I came home my mother made sure to have Taylor Ham in the house. I now live in NYC and you can't even buy it here, ONLY in NJ. When I visit my sister near Princeton we often go to a local flea market and I cannot wait to get to the food stand for a Taylor Ham, fried egg and cheese sandwich. i usually stop at a local grocery store and buy a chub to take home. PS, my sister gives them to me for Christmas........

August 15, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  3. VladT

Live in Northern California, and for those who have never been to Southern California, there is a family owned chain called Originalt Tommy's. All they have are chili burgers, chil fries, chili dogs, and chili tamales. There chili is pure sludge....but it is the most DELICIOUS sludge in the world. They always pile it on their burgers and fries.
    Every other version of fast food pales in comparison

August 15, 2012 at 6:41 am |
  4. fatalsin

almost 3000 miles for a pizza!

August 14, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
  5. Truthâ„¢

Dunkin Donuts. Hands down, the best use of wasteful calories ever invented. I grew up in NY and there is a DD right near my Dad's house. Denver is not getting any until next year (yay!)

And IMHO, Krispy Kreme is pretty overrated. A good donut, but nothing to rave about.

August 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • Truthbetold

For sure. Dunkin Donuts is 10 times greater than Krispy Kreme. However, I live in Portland Oregon, and we have Voodoo Doughnuts – which I think is the best. Doughnut with NyQuil shot in the middle? – Pretty hard to beat!

August 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,657 other followers