Coffee klatsch
August 3rd, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. MicheleG™

I know this has nothing to do with food but I will watch the NASA "Curiosity" cam while they make the Mars landing.

You will have to pick through various links to get to the actual LIVE NASA channel.

August 5, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  2. angrybabykitty

Well, I see that someone is pretending to be me. I have a WordPress account that I use to login. Is there a way for a moderater to fix this with the imposter? I came here for fun and to make friends, not to have drama.

August 5, 2012 at 8:37 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@ABK

Who was that masked man? Don't let this Bonehead get to 'ya....school will start soon and ( hopefully ) Mommie will finally enter the basement and take away the computer. Have a Good Sunday and RELAX.

August 5, 2012 at 9:04 am | Reply
      • angrybabykitty

@RH, I replied to one of their comments. And from what the so friendly Mr. Ed said, I believe our buddy Angela decided to make me look like a fool all over the blog. Can't wait for the kidlets to go back to school! Hope you have a good weekend! I'm off to try and nap. I was up all night cleaning up my husband's grandmother's house out with the help of one other person. The funeral is tomorrow but the family wants the house empty today (I have no clue why).

August 5, 2012 at 9:19 am | Reply
        • Kat Kinsman

Howdy! I've been off in Vegas all week, but looks like Sarah's on the case. Sorry people suck so much.

August 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

Thank you Kat! It just made me a bit ticked that someone is trying to slander me. The real me has that WordPress account with the screen name. At least I know I'm safe here among my new found friends :)

August 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@abk

It's happened to all of us, so no worries! That is why many of us went with some trademark thingies on our names. :) So sorry to hear about your loss and the run of bad luck, it will get better.

Sharpen the sporks and get the tin foil hat at the ready, you'll be fine.

August 5, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Reply
      • angrybabykitty

Haha, you've made me laugh for the first time in days!

Yes, the luck will get better. I actually got a call today wanting (begging but that sounds so egotistical...lol) me to come work for a New department. As tempting as it is, I'm waiting until fall and I'm done with my EMT school. I'll be double certified then.

August 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

Didn't come out the way I meant. I like meeting new people. I live in a rather dull small town where decent food is cheap hot dogs cut up and thrown into soup. I'm from a large city and just wanted to talk to people who appreciate good food. That and all my friends in real life are police and as much as I love the job (I'm out until next fall), I get sick of talking about the same boring stories :)

August 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

Figured as much. Maybe it will give my normally useless FBI brother something to do. But, the real me has an actual WordPress account. been a rather bad few weeks so I have no patience for drama right now. If you would like to pass that along, I would actually appreciate it.

August 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  3. Trigger@MrED

And you will always be a Horses Azz.

August 4, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Reply
    • Trigger@MrED

That was your job with Wilbur.

August 4, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

Hi impersonator.

August 5, 2012 at 8:34 am | Reply
  4. angrybabykitty

I got trolled, thanks for the assumption.

August 4, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Reply
  5. angrybabykitty

I guess its true that bad things come in threes (apartment flooded, getting hit by a drunk driver) and now got a call my husband's 98 year old grandma died tonight :'(

August 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Reply
    • JainaJade@angybabykitty

my deepest condolences to you and your family, sending thoughts and prayers your direction.

August 3, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

AAww.... HUGS, sympathies and condolences to you. (((HUGS)))

August 4, 2012 at 7:42 am | Reply
  6. TX4UREXKARLENE

My Fiance & I just purchased a 100 year old farm house on 60 acres & we are so HAPPY :-D !!!!! I Love Missouri ! Thanks K- – – – – – ;-)

August 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

WOW! I am envious! GOOD for YOU! Enjoy it ti the hilt! 60 acres! Will you have horses?

August 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Reply
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

Beef & chickens – I want swans for the ponds – oh heck we want it All !!! We were renting a camper in a barn for 3 years & the landlord has 2 horses – he will be visiting them - it's right down the road ! So much I want to say ....I'm gonna Celebrate :-0

August 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Virtual Champaigne coming your way! "'Pop'" goes the cork!

Beware of swans however. They can be, like geese, VERY messy and VERY aggressive! Small dogs are at risk in their proximity.....and even larger dos have to pay close attention.

August 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
        • MicheleG™

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh..not "dos" DOGS!

August 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
        • TX4UREXKARLENE

Thank you Michele !! I didn't know that . I had peacocks & ducks & they were very messy ! I already had strawberry Andre :-9 lol

August 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
    • angrybabykitty

Congrats!

August 3, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Reply
    • JainaJade

60 acres!?!? Oh the vegetable garden you could grow!!!! Congratulations :-D

August 3, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  7. Queen of Everything from the Castle

Hola chumarinos! What's shakin' in the neighborhood today? BTW, it's 12 days until my birthday!!!!

August 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@Queenie

OK...So what's your point? :))

August 3, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@Queen

What's this charge for $1,255.00 on my AMEX to "Shiny Things R Us"?

August 3, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Reply
  8. MicheleG™

What is an IP address?

Every device connected to the public Internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses consist of four numbers separated by periods (also called a 'dotted-quad') and look something like 127.0.0.1.

Since these numbers are usually assigned to internet service providers within region-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the region or country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet. An IP address can sometimes be used to show the user's general location.

Because the numbers may be tedious to deal with, an IP address may also be assigned to a Host name, which is sometimes easier to remember. Hostnames may be looked up to find IP addresses, and vice-versa. At one time ISPs issued one IP address to each user. These are called static IP addresses. Because there is a limited number of IP addresses and with increased usage of the internet ISPs now issue IP addresses in a dynamic fashion out of a pool of IP addresses (Using DHCP). These are referred to as dynamic IP addresses. This also limits the ability of the user to host websites, mail servers, ftp servers, etc. In addition to users connecting to the internet, with virtual hosting, a single machine can act like multiple machines (with multiple domain names and IP addresses).

August 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@MicG and SLT

Nice job, thanks MicG. SLT, when you blocked this persons IP address, is that only at Eatocracy or all of CNN??

August 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  9. SeaBee™

Morning, all! Happy Friday!!
    I hate to post and run, but I have to get ready for work!

August 3, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply
  10. MicheleG™

Good and Happy Friday and thank you SLT!

(Btw, would anyone explain t he IP address thing? I confess to being stupid this AM....)

August 3, 2012 at 10:46 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

When a computer is attached to a network, wireless or hard-wired, a unique address is assigned to that machine. Our moderators have the power to block an IP address (internet protocol) by entering the address into their system. An IP address can either look like 3 numbers, with a period, then 3 more numbers, another period, and 2 more numbers, or sometimes 1 number, period, 2 numbers, period, 3 numbers, period, 2 or 3 numbers. You've probably seen them and not known what they were.

August 3, 2012 at 10:56 am | Reply
    • JBJingles_from the casa@MG

I believe that our fearless leaders can see the IP address of said trolls and block that IP from posting...

August 3, 2012 at 11:00 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Hey thanks! I know what an IP address is I just didn't know about how the "machine" blocks our local trolls.
      I just figured the e-mail address would be sufficient to use but they can be bogus (hand to forehead: duh!). The IP address blocking does it better.

Got it.

August 3, 2012 at 11:54 am | Reply
      • Little Timmy®

I P 2!

August 3, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply
  11. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

"It may sound a bit nutty, but August 3 is National Grab Some Nuts Day!"

Where are those honey-roasted peanuts when you need them?

August 3, 2012 at 10:27 am | Reply
  12. JBJingles_from the casa

Wow, I'm absent one day and all he!! breaks loose? I didn't see any of the troll postings, but I'm sure I didn't miss much. Caught some bug at work, so if you can set up the sick bay in the back for me today, that would be much appreciated. TGIF!

August 3, 2012 at 10:11 am | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

Hope you get to feeling better!

August 3, 2012 at 10:20 am | Reply
      • JBJingles_from the casa@abk

Thanks and to you too! Are you home now? i avoid the hospital like the plague that it is...people get sick and die in there!

August 3, 2012 at 10:40 am | Reply
        • angrybabykitty

Thank you. Yes, I am. I'm so glad to be back. The boxes everywhere from our fast move out (upstairs neighbors flooding the place) don't even bother me. And real food!! A friend brought me homemade banana bread too. Oh and the trollfest got pretty insane yesterday. They even stole a few of our names to make us look rude in the other threads. At least they are gone now. Anyway, any fun weekend plans?

August 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  13. Sir Biddle

Morning Sklackjaws!!! How goes the Crew?

August 3, 2012 at 10:04 am | Reply
  14. Mary Shannon

Photo caption of the day: The employees had to amuse themselves waiting for the conference call to start.

August 3, 2012 at 9:16 am | Reply
  15. Mary Shannon

Morning, all. I agree with the IP ban, anything to get rid of the trolls. Busy, crazy day yesterday, hopefully today will be more settled. I wish everyone a terrific weekend!

August 3, 2012 at 9:00 am | Reply
  16. The Witty One

Top of the morning folks! What's going down in Klatsch town?

August 3, 2012 at 8:58 am | Reply
  17. Truth™

Good morning all and best wishes to TX4U. Keep us posted.

Count me in for the IP address ban. Troll. It's what's for lunch.

August 3, 2012 at 8:47 am | Reply
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Thank You !!! I Love all you guys & gals :-)

August 3, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
      • JBJingles_from the casa@TX4U

I must have missed the memo, what are we waiting for? Spill the beans please.

August 3, 2012 at 10:18 am | Reply
        • TX4UREXKARLENE

I'm still waiting :-/ ...

August 3, 2012 at 10:49 am |
        • AleeD®@TX4U & JBJ

JBJ, I've missed something, too.
          TX4U, what are you anticipating?

August 3, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  18. The Smart Aleck

This weekend I gathered up all the Johann Sebastian Bach albums & music CD's I could find. I sat on the floor and stacked them all around me – even made a roof with them. My construction resembled a fort but something wasn't right. Since I couldn't figure out what it was, I made a hole and crawled out. It was then that I figured it out because I was outside the Bachs.

August 3, 2012 at 8:42 am | Reply
  19. JainaJade

Good morning! Did stuffed tomatoes for dinner last night and only one collapsed :-) Hope to have the recipe up on the blog tomorrow. Looking forward to the first of the crazy packed weekends

August 3, 2012 at 8:17 am | Reply
  20. dizzymcfatty ♫♫

I don't want more moderation, but I support a ban on the IP address. I am thinking this is less a drunk man, but a giddy teenager who is abused constantly by classmates and strokes it to S&M on a freakishly regular basis.

It is what it is. And that is my last feeding.

August 3, 2012 at 7:45 am | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

I agree with the IP address ban. This is just getting ridiculous.

August 3, 2012 at 7:50 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Jdizz

At least good old vapor was funny in a spazzy kind of way. These trolls aren't even funny.

August 3, 2012 at 8:02 am | Reply
  21. angrybabykitty

Good morning folks! I see the troll is still here. Guess the supply of alcohol hasn't run out yet and it got several of us on the other threads. Hope the moderators return soon to end the mess. Have a good day everyone!

August 3, 2012 at 7:09 am | Reply
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Hi , we find out today :-)

August 3, 2012 at 7:27 am | Reply
    • Sarah LeTrent

Happy Friday Klatschers. Thanks for your patience. We have removed that one person from the mix. Hope this helps get the commenting back on track.

August 3, 2012 at 9:07 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Thank you, thank you, her words were offensive and uncalled for. Appreciate your help.

August 3, 2012 at 9:15 am | Reply
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

Thank You !

August 3, 2012 at 9:30 am | Reply
      • angrybabykitty

Thank you!! it was very offensive as Mary said and for her to "troll" here did spoil things.

August 3, 2012 at 9:36 am | Reply
      • Jerv@SLT

LOL! A troll smack down. I love it.

August 3, 2012 at 9:44 am | Reply
      • AleeD®

It's like having a can of Troll Raid at the ready. Thanks Sarah.

August 3, 2012 at 9:55 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@SLT

Thank You Sarah......It is much appreciated.

August 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply