Coffee klatsch
July 23rd, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. angrybabykitty

Just wanted to say an early good night. Got to pack up the master bedroom & bathroom. Found black mold in the windows and under the sink. No wonder I have stayed sick. They come at 7 am to start tearing up the apartment. Going to be fun to have 4 people and 3 animals staying with crazy family who doesn't bathe but once a week and they think food is red hot dogs in water with relish is "good eatin" :\ . It's my own cousins so I can joke...lol... Anyway have a good few days if I don't see anyone for a few :)

July 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Reply
  2. MicheleG™

tried twice now to post a farewell comment about Sally Ride but the WP thing bounced both comments. bafflement.

July 23, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55LC7H8aT6M&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

R. I. P.

July 23, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  3. RichardHead

This is one of my most Heartbreaking annoucements..If true.....Sally Ride has died of cancer. She shared my birthday....an Angel in Outer Space. God Speed Angel.......

July 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Sadly, we have confirmation.

7/23/2012
      Sally Ride died peacefully July 23, 2012 after a courageous 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. Sally lived her life to the fullest, with boundless energy, curiosity, intelligence, passion, commitment, and love. Her integrity was absolute; her spirit was immeasurable; her approach to life was fearless.

Sally was a physicist, the first American woman to fly in space, a science writer, and the President and CEO of Sally Ride Science. She had the rare ability to understand the essence of things and to inspire those around her to join her pursuits.

Sally’s historic flight into space captured the nation’s imagination and made her a household name. She became a symbol of the ability of women to break barriers and a hero to generations of adventurous young girls. After retiring from NASA, Sally used her high profile to champion a cause she believed in passionately—inspiring young people, especially girls, to stick with their interest in science, to become scientifically literate, and to consider pursuing careers in science and engineering.

In addition to Tam O’Shaughnessy, her partner of 27 years, Sally is survived by her mother, Joyce; her sister, Bear; her niece, Caitlin, and nephew, Whitney; her staff of 40 at Sally Ride Science; and many friends and colleagues around the country.

July 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Kat

Thank You Kitten......so much sorrow for a fine Lady.

July 23, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

I'm so sorry to hear that. Rest in peace. My thoughts are with her family. We lost a hero today..

July 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

You know what's bad? When you share this news on Facebook and people my age (28) and older are asking "who". Really? Yet they know who the pop culture people are.

July 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Abk

Golly, Your OLD.....Hahahaha, Thank You for remembering....a very special women.

July 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Reply
        • angrybabykitty

Lol..about the age. And you are welcome, I remember looking up to her as a kid.

July 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm |
        • Moh

The benchmarked does NOT preofrk and thus uses only one process. This functionality has only been added very recently to the trunk.I don’t really think it is an issue how a certain framework has been implemented. The end user only cares about the ease of use and its performance. Not wether the heavy lifting is being done by an external library (such as libevent) or an optimized inner loop.I agree with you that there is some inconsistency with the functionality of the different implementations. A more thorough test could make those irrelevant. Ie, instead of a single ping-pong make the respond to multiple ‘ping!’ requests by a single client, each fired with a certain interval.

August 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  4. Mildred

Hi all...

I went to the local afternoon tea shop for a friend's birthday. The food was great. One of the funniest moments was when my friend's husband broke off a bite of their 4 yo son's scone to put some clotted cream on it. The child decided that Daddy "broke my scone." While the child was brought outside to cry his frustration at Daddy out, the cook sent up another scone and "fixed the scone" to the delight of the child when he got back to his seat. The child didn't notice that Mommy had another scone on her plate....

July 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Reply
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Thought of the Day

Common sense is like deodorant, the ones that really need it the most don't use it. -unkown

Congrats to the Biddles!

Now for a wango tango fango moment....hubs got a letter from the I.R.S. on Saturday, stating they have entered a motion with the Tax Court for computation of taxes owed for 1980, 1984, and 1985!! YES, THAT SAYS EIGHTIES!!

I guess they have been litigating a case against a group involved in a tax shelter thingy for 32 years. Our tax dollars at work...google "Kresting Tax Case", amazing that they chased this bugger all these years and he is dead now, but I guess the legacy lives on...until we have to pay. :(

July 23, 2012 at 11:06 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

No statute of limitations, apparently?

July 23, 2012 at 11:44 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz & abk

From what I was able to read over the weekend, the IRS has 10 years from the time they issue the tax bill! Since they haven't officially billed us yet, I guess the clock isn't ticking yet...what gets me is how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they must have spent in 30+ years to collect this...it's only about $5k (ha only).

July 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Reply
        • angrybabykitty

Would a tax attorney help?

July 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

"A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns." ~ Mario Puzo

July 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

True..

July 23, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • angrybabykitty

Wow, way to ruin a weekend. And I second what Jdizz says, cant believe no statue of limitations.

July 23, 2012 at 11:58 am | Reply
      • Truth™

Get ready for more gov't interference...

July 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Ha!

July 23, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

Lol

July 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

OMG, that is hilarious, but scary...I can kind of seeing it go this way too!

July 23, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
        • Truth™@JBJ, ABK, JDizz

A friend sent that to me just before the healthcare decision, and I find it to be very frightening. And a lot of food for thought (no pun)

July 23, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • MicheleG™

REALLY krapie news there.....

the really GOOD news calls for hugs and congrats to the new Klatscher-Chummer!

July 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  6. angrybabykitty

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

July 23, 2012 at 10:58 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

^^see above^^ Thanks though...2 weekends in a row of hubs spending or lack of paying has me in the pits...going to Phoenix to see mom on Thursday (solo) though, so that will cheer me up.

July 23, 2012 at 11:10 am | Reply
      • angrybabykitty

:( sorry to hear about the not so good weekend. The visit sounds like fun. Get to stay long? I haven't been to Phoenix since 1987 and I was 4 so I don't remember it very well. I do love the South West though.

July 23, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

Going for the weekend, fly home Sunday. Only 1.5 hr flight for me, so it's an easy visit. It will be HOT though, but the air is always flowing in the casino... ;)

July 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

Casinos are always a good place to cool down :)

July 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Tiny Biddle

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchMuPQOBwA&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2012 at 9:25 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpbzRf99-8&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  8. Truth™

Good morning all, and we need to order a high chair for the Klatch. Mazel Tov to the littlest Biddle, and best wishes to all.

How is everyone doing today?

July 23, 2012 at 8:17 am | Reply
  9. JainaJade

A BIG welcome to the newest member of the klatsch family :-) Sun is finally shining here in the DMV, perfect weather to celebrate a new bundle of joy in!

July 23, 2012 at 8:07 am | Reply
  10. Mary Shannon

Congrats to the Biddles on the Littlest Biddle, glad all are well.

This is one of those days when I wonder why I made that doctor appointment for 8:20 a.m.!!! Especially since it took me forever to fall asleep last night and after I did I woke up every 1/2 hour or so. Not a good way to start the morning!!!

July 23, 2012 at 7:21 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@Mary Shannon

If your doc is a somnologist, then it sounds like you made the right move.

July 23, 2012 at 8:28 am | Reply
    • angrybabykitty

That no sleep stuff is awful. Hope you are able to get something to help.

July 23, 2012 at 9:31 am | Reply
  11. RichardHead

Good Morning Everyone....I hope you all had a Great Weekend. BREAKING NEWS--–
    Mr and Mrs Biddle had a Big Baby Boy on Sunday Morning. My sincere Congratulations to them both and I'm really glad the Baby Boy looks like his Momma. :))

July 23, 2012 at 6:06 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

G'mornin' Bro. Thanks for the most welcome good news!
      Congratulations to all the Biddles!

July 23, 2012 at 7:00 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Morning Sista'-check your e-mail for a pic. :)) He is a cute Lil' one.

July 23, 2012 at 7:08 am | Reply
        • AleeD®

Done & done. He IS a cute li'l Biddle ... so is the baby. ;) Thanks for the head-up. How was your weekend?

Happy Tuesday to all!

July 23, 2012 at 7:52 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Weekend was good,worked in the yard till it got too dang hot and WD was running out of brewski's. How was yours?

July 23, 2012 at 7:58 am |
        • AleeD®@Rich

Ours was good, too. Rained like a biotch both afternoons AFTER we got a bunch of stuff done. Now it's time to gear up for our trip South next weekend. Car's rented, gotta pack yet, but I'm ready.

You did go out and get WD more beer & pretzels, didn't you?

July 23, 2012 at 8:12 am |
        • RichardHead@AleeD

Of Course........no pretzels tho,she has to watch her salt intake. Sounds your way ahead for the trip. Have fun and be safe.

July 23, 2012 at 8:33 am |
    • angrybabykitty

Great news! Congratulations :)

July 23, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply