Coffee klatsch
July 18th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. angrybabykitty

Late check in. Hope everyone has had a great day. It's been a downpour here in my part of SC. Our power keeps flickering on & off, much to the horror of my two toddlers. I've been trying to sleep off this sinus infection. Ever notice how you have werid dreams when sick? I had a few today. Oh well :)

July 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Reply
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Just had a nice lunch with lovely MicheleG! We had the iced tea, I promise...

July 18, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@jbj

VERY nice...I hope you both had a great time!

July 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

I had a very good time meeting a new friend! Nice!

July 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Reply
  3. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Any chance you guys will be covering the Los Angeles Wine and Food Festival??

I had an awesome offer from Amex to go, but the JW Marriott downtown is booked solid. Still thinking about it though if I can find something near by. I think it is Aug. 10-12.

July 18, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@JBJ

You can try under the freeway bridge just west of the Marriott.....A fancy cardboard home is only going for $ 250.00 a night. Such a Deal !!

July 18, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@RH

No new additon yet. Truth picked tomorrow, so if that doesn't work you are in the running next with Saturday. Will keep you posted.

July 18, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Ha ha ha. Only $250 huh? Hmmm

July 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Not planning on going, but *may* send an LA colleague. Sounds like SO MUCH fun.

July 18, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Would said colleague happen to bring along an Eatocracy cutting board?? *wink wink*

July 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  4. Modbot Wordkeeper@abkitty

Welcome to the Lounge. For reasons of propriety & various software keys set by the editors, the following is the most current list of words that have been added to George Carlin's Seven Words You Can't Say on TV or post on Eatocracy – without being creative:

alt!tude

vib rat or
    w@nker
    W T F
    W T H

July 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@Modbot wordkeeper

Not sure what is more interesting...the fact that you have time to keep that list, or the fact that, at one time or another, that we have actually used each of those words...

July 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth@Modbot wordkeeper

The fact that we have actually tried to use all of those words, definetly....

July 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Reply
  5. Mildred

With a high BP scare (I can't even truly remember the numbers they scared me that much)... I'm trying to watch what I'm eating more.... and laying off the french fries.

July 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Reply
    • JainaJade@Mildred

My bp is the one thing I have going for me :-D The one number that always comes in on the low side of average

July 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Best of luck, Mildred, I know that can be scary. Keep strong!!

July 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Glorious Wednesday kids! I get to meet MicheleG in person today, having lunch with her and looking forward to it.

Truth/Mary – Our next door neighbor (they've been gone 3 years now) were quite entertaining in a sad kind of way. One morning, all the living room furniture was out in their front yard...not set out nicely, but looking like it was thrown out the door. Yep, they had a fight (he was a recovering alcoholic and she drank heavily, not a good combination). Another time he came over and thought he was going to die and begging hubs to take him to the hospital...hospital told him he was drunk and they wouldn't treat him. o.O

July 18, 2012 at 11:23 am | Reply
    • Mildred

Give her lots of hugs!!!

July 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

I guess every neighborhood's got at least one!! Enjoy your lunch with MicheleG, wish I could meet all of you!!

July 18, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

Well, here's the chance to meet everyone...from my Klatsch Road Trip itenerary I hope to make some day... It needs updating though as we have quite a few MIA these days, sigh. And need to add some new klatschkins. :)

1. Head South to visit MicheleG in the OC.
        2. Head North to visit with SeaBee & Tazer and have some awesome blue crab enchiladas
        3. Farther North to visit MTM’s mountain and dine on some fresh elk
        4. Hop a plane to Denver to see Truth and Miss Saigon
        5. From there, head on down to Katy, TX to try RH’s famous smoked Brisket BBQ and play with WD
        6. Head North to Kansas City for Oklahoma Joes burnt ends and cold beer with wendy
        7. Hop over to Indiana to visit the Royal Family, I think the boys will love me as I am the most rockin’ grandma around.
        8. Shoot over to Northern NY state to stop by Mildred's
        9. A stop over in NYC to visit CNN offices and say hi to Kat and SLT and see if I can finally talk my way into getting an official Eatocracy cutting board
        10. Head South to VA/DC to visit with JainaJade, Jerv, TWO, and SirBiddle, cupcakes anyone?
        11. Continue to South New Joisey to see Ms. Grammar and maybe a stop at the Boardwalk? I hear they have some amazing foods…
        12. Continue South to somewhere secret and find the Evil Lair with minions running about
        13. Further South to West Florida for a stop with AleeD and some fresh grouper.
        14. Drive over to Miami to say hi to DJC and have some awesome Cuban food.

July 18, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Reply
        • Truth™@JBJ, Mary

Actually, when I was home this past Christmas, Mary Shannon and I drove right past the CNN building in NYC. I can tell you this, NYC is definitely the place to write a food blog. Ask Mary about the baked eggs she had at brunch...

July 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
        • Mary Shannon

That would be quite the road trip, I think we need a US map with pins for each Klatscher. Maybe that's another product to be added to Alee's list? And yes, the baked eggs at Cafe Ronda were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
        • RichardHead@Mary

Was there a courtesy window roll down after you ate said eggs? :))

July 18, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
        • Mary Shannon

Funny, I don't remember that being an issue, RH...

July 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
        • MicheleG™

One down, 13 to go!

July 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

Wow! What a list! We have great seafood along the coast. Charleston, SC has some of the best she crab soup I've ever had. Be careful of the upstate (where I live) they have some good food, but a bit bland.

July 18, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

I squeezed you in at #12... :)

1. Head South to visit MicheleG in the OC.
          3. Farther North to visit MTM’s mountain and dine on some fresh elk
          4. Hop a plane to Denver to see Truth and Miss Saigon
          8. Shoot over to Northern NY state to stop by Mildred's
          12. Stop over in South Carolina to see an angrybabykitty and try the crab soup.
          13. Continue South to somewhere secret and find the Evil Lair with minions running about
          14. Further South to West Florida for a stop with AleeD and some fresh grouper.
          15. Drive over to Miami to say hi to DJC and have some awesome Cuban food.

July 18, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And Jdizzle in Packer country.

Go Niners!

July 19, 2012 at 10:22 am |
  7. Truth™

Good morning all. I am convinced that some days we are all butt deep in lunacy, as evidenced by Mary Shannon's neighbors. When I was a kid, we had a neighbor lady who used to get herself hammered and you could literally hear her yelling through a quarter mile of woods. Not kidding.

And it looks like we have an "Ethics in Modern Blogging" debate going on in yesterday's Klatch thread. Good to see Jery tho.

And I think I will pass on the dinner with the Obozos, although it would be fun to order a double bacon cheeseburger and watch Michelle's head explode.

Aside from that, how is everyone doing today?

July 18, 2012 at 10:30 am | Reply
  8. JainaJade

Good morning! I have some fresh basil focaccia bread for everyone, recipe on dancingveggies.com if interested. Another hot day here in the DMV, but in theory will be in the upper 70s tomorrow!

July 18, 2012 at 10:02 am | Reply
  9. Mary Shannon

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!! Its been a wild morning so far, there are houses behind my townhouse complex, separated by a stockade fence. The woman directly behind me has always been erratic, screaming for her dogs in the middle of the night and strange stuff like that. This morning all we heard was her screaming and sobbing incoherently. Best we could finally figure out is that her two dogs killed a cat in her yard. Not sure if it was her cat or someone else's, but the police were called because she was out of control.

I hope the day gets better.

July 18, 2012 at 9:39 am | Reply
  10. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

Good to see you on here RH, how goes it? Also had a Jerv siting on yesterday's Klatch.

July 18, 2012 at 9:10 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@SirB

Good Morning Bro-Things are looking up here in Texas. No more rain or floods--WD may get a name change to Spot since she has lost hair because of a skin infection. How's Mamma doing? It was Good to hear from Jerv–My Lil' Buddy.

July 18, 2012 at 9:18 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@WD

Just slather WD inVasaline. It works wonders on diaper rash, it has to work for dogs too. Just make sure she is not near a pillow maikng factory otherwise she'll look tarred and feathered. You still making Wisconsin runs or sticking down south?

July 18, 2012 at 9:48 am | Reply
        • RichardHead@SirB

Vaseline? Must be an AleeD cure? HA !! Since WD is sick,I'm taking a week and a half off to get her back in shape. Plus,I've got a Drs. appointment next week I can't miss–which would happen if I was on the road.
          So HOW'S Momma,he asks again? I think I took the 17th and the 21st as target dates.

July 18, 2012 at 10:26 am |
        • The Smart Aleck

Tried using some of that Kentucky jelly on my sandwich, but it's a terrible subst!tute on PB&J.

July 18, 2012 at 10:42 am |
        • The Worst Itinerent Comedian Ever

Why did the fisherman put peanut better in the sea?

To go with the Jellyfish!

July 18, 2012 at 10:46 am |
  11. RichardHead

Good Happity Camel Day Everyone. Coffee is ready,Hot Blueberry Muffins are done and we have Real Butta to slather them in. Now don't get me wrong,but if I won a Birthday Dinner with Barrack Obozo,I just couldn't handle all the excitement. Besides, I don't have boots that are high enough to wade thru the BS in the Peoples House. I think I would give this Honor to my Brother Truth–The Smartest Man in the room. He would get a free Beer with The Prez. :))

July 18, 2012 at 8:06 am | Reply