Coffee klatsch
July 17th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Kat

Let us loose on the Richard Simmons, George Michael rants again. This place is getting stagnant and I know you can tell.

Just sayin'.

July 17, 2012 at 9:38 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

This is a peaceful petition, Los Flamenons.

July 17, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And the Moderations..... this has kept some of us at bay, and lost some of us or kept us from posting. I know the claim of "keeping it clean" is in order, but if you review some previous threads, there are ways around everything.

July 17, 2012 at 9:43 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

fuQ
          s$it
          pu$$y
          d!ck

See?

Moderation is fine, but....well. Dang.

July 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm |
        • Jerv@Jdizz

True dat. However in respect to Kat, I've found other forums to post at. Miss all y'all, and rock on.

July 18, 2012 at 7:17 am |
        • Kat Kinsman

I'm very sorry you feel restrained. To me, boards and forums and online community aren't about the parameters of what I can say, but rather the alchemy of the people there, and the friendships I've made. This has always been a special crew, and I love to see the genuine care and connection. That's what makes it for me - not if people can make an "I'd hit that" joke. But different people have different needs and wants and I respect that.

July 18, 2012 at 9:48 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

But you've gotta understand, food and making EVERYONE feel comfortable here has got to be my mission. Richard Simmons and George Michael jokes - in the way that I think you want to make them - make ME and people I love feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. Find a creative way to let it out within the parameters. As a friend of mine says, "If you are bored, you are boring." You are not boring.

July 18, 2012 at 12:17 am |
        • JainaJade@Kat

I understand that but when we can't post the names of certain fruits and vegetables in a food forum, there's something wrong. When talking about brining methods one can't really talk around certain ingredients without losing the essence of the post/recipe.

July 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

I do go through the queue as frequently as possible to get those out. I think what he's getting at is not the mod software, but a different kind of joke.

July 18, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • angrybabykitty

Have us newcomers been missing out?

July 17, 2012 at 10:09 pm |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Busy day, stopping in before an afternoon meeting.

Hey! Two girls, TWO cups!!!

That is all.

Oh, also: boobies.

July 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
  3. AleeD®@Open Mike Nite for the WOD

*Spotted on Feed a family of 4 on $100 thread*
    Crochery:
    1. a place where croches are manufactured & distributed.
    2a. the study of croches
    2b. crochologist, one who studies croches.
    3. a cross between crocheting & pottery

What does this word mean to you?

July 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • Truth™@AleeD

To me, it just looks like someone left out the letter T...

July 17, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
      • AleeD®

That was my dirty mind painting a picture. The commenter was trying to spell "grocery" and caused all this Merriam Webster detritus to get stirred up in my cabesa.

July 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
  4. angrybabykitty

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everybody is having a good day! I'm spending mine sitting in the doctor office waiting room, only been here an hour. There's actually a guy here drinking from a bottle of vodka in the waiting room. This could get interesting...

July 17, 2012 at 11:50 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

Oh my, that could get interesting! When I was in the ER a couple of months ago, I was wheeled past a woman who was surrounded by police in the hall, demanding she be allowed outside for a smoke. They looked like they were ready to draw guns, she had a crazed look in her eyes. Kind of wished I could of seen how that ended. 0^0

July 17, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
      • angrybabykitty

Oh my! Yes, the er can be interesting. I worked in law enforcement for awhile and took many to the er for the mental health evaluations.

I didn't see the outcome of today's fun at the doc office. Too bad I couldn't see the outcome ;).

July 17, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
  5. JainaJade

Good morning. slight craziness at the office today but trying to just grin and deal with it. not so blessed about the return to the heat, but i know the tomatoes and peppers will be happy

July 17, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  6. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth & SirB

Cool thought coming your way! Happy Tuesday Klatchkins!

July 17, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  7. NYFarmer

I read that there are 750,000 cow/calf farms in US. Average 40 cows per farm
    I would like to hear how they are managing with drought

July 17, 2012 at 10:05 am |
    • Truth™@Farmer

See attached:

July 17, 2012 at 11:01 am |
  8. Mary Shannon

Good morning!! Like SirB, we're expecting triple digits plus humidity today, also dreaming of fall. What's new on this Tuesday?

July 17, 2012 at 9:26 am |
  9. Si Biddle

Morning Crew.

Looking to hit the triple digits here in the Nation's Capitol. I'm already dreaming of the leaves turning, light jacket weather, and making a bit pot of comfort food for a weekend meal. Not to mention football.

July 17, 2012 at 8:58 am |
    • Truth™@Biddle

I think the heavens were trying to atone for our drought all in one shot last night. On the bright side though, it helps with the wildfire situation.

And look at it this way, training camp starts soon, plus the Olympics will commence in ten days. I agree though, I would be very happy if the calendar went from May straight into October.

July 17, 2012 at 9:09 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Truth

Whew, training camp in this heat. No thank you!!!!

July 17, 2012 at 9:29 am |
  10. Truth™

Good morning all. Had a torrential rain last night in Denver, and the air today has a great feel to it.

Coffee is on and donuts are in back. How is everyone doing today?

July 17, 2012 at 8:44 am |
    • Si Biddle@Truth

Send the rain our way, we need it!

July 17, 2012 at 8:59 am |
  11. Photo Caption

Why are we drinking coffee, I can still feel the ecstasy. Can't you? I can. Seriously I can still feel it. Oh God we really chopped our hair and colored it blond. Are we still in Vegas right now?

July 17, 2012 at 8:41 am |