Coffee klatsch
July 16th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Mildred

Hello all!

I made French Toast for a 7 yo boy this weekend. He was very happy.

July 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • Truth™@Mildred

When I was that age, I used to have six slices of french toast each day. Also weent through a scrambled egg phase, to the tune of eight every day. No kidding.

July 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Sounds like some nasty egg farts.

July 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
      • Sir Biddle@Truth

Did you also eat Uncle Buck pancakes?

July 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Buenos Dias los flamenons! It's Monday and I'm still mad at hubs for spending our cruise money on a car...grrrr.

RH – so sorry to hear about WD, hope she feels better real soon, and Odie says "hey...who you talkin' bout?"

Welcome Alyce and angrybabykitty (thought that might be a relative of Kat's).

We are heading into a very pleasant 77 degrees today, and I did not have to report to Jury Duty, so it's starting out decent enough, but someone put a meeting at LUNCH time on my calendar, not cool.

July 16, 2012 at 11:28 am |
    • angrybabykitty

Thanks for the welcome! Not a relative if Kat's, screen name is a bit of a story though. I've used this for a few years as a joke and now I'm so used to it I haven't changed it.

July 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

I know what you mean on the screen name thing, I've used this one before too. I picture a little kitten that got a little more than ticked off and attacked someone, close??

My puppycat is Odie, he's an old man now, 12.5 years old, and a puppycat because he acts like a dog most of the time... :D

July 16, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

You are right! Said cat is now quite large and reminds me of Walter Mathau's character in "Grumpy Old Men" now days. He is also 12.5 and sleeps almost all day.

Your puppycat sounds a bit like my other cat, Princess. She even sounds like she is barking when she is being ignored :)

July 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@abk

LOL – Well, I guys I have 2 Grumpy Old Men at home, hubs and Odie! Mine doesn't growl though (the cat, not hubs). He just follows us around, sleeps at your feet (on your shoes), etc. And looks like Ralph on the old 7-11 commercials before he had his coffee....and he is spoiled (see evidence in link below). What general area to you live? I have a running list for a Klatsch Tour some day.

July 16, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

I couldn't get the picture to open, but when I get home and on my laptop I will try again.

So funny about your grumpy Old Men :). Your Odie sounds sweet. Both of my cats are semi psychotic. Princess makes most of the cats on the Animal Planet show "My Cat From Hell" look like angels.

I'm in South Carolina not far from the GA border. How about you?

July 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
        • angrybabykitty

Adorable picture!

July 17, 2012 at 11:54 am |
  3. Sir Biddle@Jdizz

I think we need to plan to attend Comic Con next year: http://www.nbcwashington.com/the-scene/events/Babes-of-Comic-Con-2011-125987683.html

July 16, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Mildred

Which Comicon? There's ones all over the country!

July 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • Mildred

I also hear that DragonCon is pretty spectacular in the cosplay department. :)

July 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • JainaJade@SirB

Comic Con in San Diego is pretty nice but I prefer GenCon in Indy which happens in mid-August. I haven't made it to Dragon Con yet, but hope to one day!

July 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • Sir Biddle@JBJ & Mildred

I thought the one in San Diego currently happening was the motherload of all the ComicComs.

They look like fun.

July 16, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Sir Biddle

I concur. Especially if that Jessica Rabbit chick is there. Yowza!

July 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  4. angrybabykitty

Hello to everyone. I'm new to this blog. Been reading it for years. Have a happy Monday!

July 16, 2012 at 10:10 am |
    • MicheleG™

Welcome! If we can help maybe you can now call yourself HAPPY Baby Kitty!

July 16, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  5. MicheleG™

Howdy on a Fabio grey morning...................

July 16, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  6. RichardHead

Good Morning Kidz.....Hope everyone had a Great Weekend. Katy and the city of Houston are finally drying out tho there is still major flooding north of us. WD is at the vet with another recurring skin bacterial infection. SIGH-she's more expensive than kidz or a wife--but she's 10 times worth it. Have a Great Week everyone.

July 16, 2012 at 9:28 am |
    • Mary Shannon

I hope WD feels better soon!! Dad's dog has a problem like that, the stuff the vet prescribed didn't help but he's been using Gold Bond powder and it seems to be helping. Just a thought.

July 16, 2012 at 9:30 am |
      • RichardHead@Mary

Thanks Ms.P--this one is pretty nasty compared to the other times. She's lost weight,won't eat ( she's more of a pig then Odie ) and just all around feels terrible. They'll give her steroids,anti-biotics and whatever else they can think of. On the bright side her Dr. is the head of Texas A & M's clinic and old school so they get along great. Thanks for the picture of Furrie 2-she's really getting big.

July 16, 2012 at 9:43 am |
  7. Mary Shannon

Good morning everyone! Another heat wave starts today, officially #4 for the season. We got a lot of rain with thunderstorms yesterday, and we really needed it like the rest of the country. Have a great week, all.

July 16, 2012 at 9:19 am |
  8. JainaJade

Good morning! Got my security+ certification last Friday, so hopefully that will insure employment for the next bit. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

July 16, 2012 at 9:01 am |
  9. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

Photo above looks like the couple's picture for their Craigslist swingers post.

July 16, 2012 at 8:31 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Looks like dessert is about to pop out onto the tray, too.

July 16, 2012 at 10:03 am |
      • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

The girls do look a little off balance now that you say it.

July 16, 2012 at 10:38 am |