Coffee klatsch
July 13th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. AleeD®

Sweet Sunday all. Rained last nite, so no lawn mowing today. Speaking of rain, hubby has taken the reins and we're taking a drive South today ISO fun. Didn't kick any tires yesterday, but had a ball pursuing other entertainments. It was like having a preview for our EOM vacation.

I'm promoting him to Director of Entertainment And Recreation. ~_~ Hope y'all have a Sun Funday, too.

July 15, 2012 at 10:10 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Happy Sunday, too! Hope you have a ball!

July 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles_from the casa

*snickers* You just told AleeD to "have a ball"! LOL

July 15, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

and I almost included a suggestion for her to choose what KIND of, er,....."ball" to have.

July 15, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  2. AleeD®

Good Morning Happy Weekend Klatschers! How's everyone doing on this beautiful Saturday? We're expecting temps in the low 90's with a 30 to 50% chance of rain for the weekend.

Hubby & I are going to do some vacation surfing this morning, then go kick some tires this afternoon. What are your plans for the weekend?

July 14, 2012 at 9:01 am | Reply
    • mary shannon

Great on the vacation surfing, AleeD, have fun finding something! Quiet day here, nice for a change.

July 14, 2012 at 10:41 am | Reply
    • JBJingles_from the casa

Vacation surfing sounds like a fun time, kicking tires, not so much! I had to cancel my cruise vacay in Oct. cause hubs went over his budget on a car yesterday....boo hoo.

July 14, 2012 at 11:52 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Afternoon ladies. LSS, we're approved for a long weekend at the end of the month. We'll rent a car and head down to Naples to do some seat-of-the-pants exploration (antiques shopping, dining and general relaxation). SIGH. It'll be great just to get away together. ^_^

JB, so sorry to hear you had to cancel your plans. Do you have a back-up vacation in mind?
      Mary, enjoy your quiet day with your furries. ;)

July 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@Mary, JBJ, AleeD

Good morning ladies. Having a quiet day at the office today. I was given a project this week that is taking on a life of its own. Fun, fun.

July 14, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Hi De Ho! Huey Lewis and the News was fab last night! Wish I could find a GOOD vid of them but they all have embedded commercials....erk!

July 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Reply
  3. Sir Biddle

Alright Crew, I am out of here. Good times today. Kind of felt like the old days for a little bit.

July 13, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  4. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@JUKEBOX

Happy Friday! Heeheeheehee

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspPE9E1yGM&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®@DJ

That's just .... wrong. There is definitely punishment time in the dungeon in your future.

July 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

HAHA!!:

July 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Ms dang is welcome in DC anytime. About 100 of her would star to keep the hood-rats at bay that are out of school with nothing to do but petty crimes.

July 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Biddle

Apparently this is what she looks like:

http://forums. 49ers .com/messageboard/showthread. php?t=132646&page=2

No spaces in the link. I think it's some modbot issue with the link.

July 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

It says I have to sign in to the message board to read it.

July 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Sir Biddle

Oh, yeah. That's a member's only area. My bad.

July 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
      • Truth™@ JDizz, Biddle

Gives new meaning to "hitting it"...

July 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

HA!!! You beat me to it.

July 13, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  6. Truth™

Ok, my day is complete. I just made someone cry. The Queen would be most proud for me.

I may bag outta here. Life's too short for thsi stuff on a Friday.

July 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Heh. BAG.

July 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Truth

Are you hiring?

July 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@Biddle, JDizz

I may be again shortly. We just picked up someone to staff our parking booth, and she is just Not Getting It. She asked what she could do to improve, and I said "Getting in on time would be an excellent start" (she was 25 minutes late today), That is what initiated the tears. It went downhill from there.

July 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@Truth

I would love to work with you. Key word – with. I think you and I have identical work ethic

July 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
  7. Truth™

Wow!
    Just heard my first commercial on the radio for "Back to School" sales. When I was a young'un, that would have sent me over the edge, especially five weeks before school starts.

July 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Try almost 8 weeks around these parts.

YAY for America's retail economy! The backbone of every great nation!

Can't wait for Halloween for my favorite Christmas commercials!

July 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@ JDizz

Denver starts back on August 21, which I always thought was way early. I'm from NY, and we always started the Wednesday after Labor Day.

And in other Denver news...

July 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Sheesh. I don't care if someone breast feeds "in public". Just not next to me on the plane (you're already in my personal space). But use your head. IN the kiddie pool? C'mon.

July 13, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
  8. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

T-G-I-F! Happy Friday all and sleepless ones.

Truth, I hear ya, I get in a pattern of waking up at 4 a.m. and can't break it for a while unless I start not feeling well, then I'm back to my usual 5 a.m. wake up. That and the cat seems to have set his internal clock to 4 a.m. also and wants to be fed...

July 13, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Odie,the human alarm clock and feline foodie. :))

July 13, 2012 at 11:42 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

"Feline Foodie", I like!

July 13, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Reply
  9. Sir Biddle

Since we are going down old-shcool lane, I'll put one on I think AleeD and DJ Coldstone will like.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQUuYY87fA&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 11:04 am | Reply
    • Ooo-Rah

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65j0vIzaBlY&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

One of the best bands ever. Some pretty sweet rides in this video, too.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ueA9FNb0U&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

A LOT of nice rides!. Some cool cars, trucks, and motorcycles in there too.

July 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  10. Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Agree. One more reason I am not on Facebook.

My nephew left his phone out once and his buddies took it and posted on Faebook that he was in love and eloping. Kids these days. What ever happened to the old flaming bag of dog doo on doorsteps, prank phone calls or egg'ing someone's house?

July 13, 2012 at 10:31 am | Reply
    • Truth™@JDizz, Biddle

That is why you could not pay me to be on Facebook...and besides, I am not really that interesting.

July 13, 2012 at 10:33 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@Truth

Don't sell yourself short. I bet you could be casted for a Heiniken commercial.

July 13, 2012 at 10:36 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Truth

July 13, 2012 at 10:46 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTccpBi4K-o&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 10:34 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

HA! Beastie Boys. Intergalactic and Girls are really the only two songs I liked that I can think of off the top of my head.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otiLxT34DQ&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 10:44 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Anything off of Paul's Boutique is their best stuff.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr1Qe2m8oOA&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 11:01 am |
        • Adam's Ghost

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 11:59 am |
  11. Sir Biddle@Photo Script

Woman: "Who do you keep texting honey?"
    *peers over shoulder*

Woman: "Ohhhhhh, who is Stacey?"

Man: "She's a co-worker!"

Woman: "That's all she better be."

Man: in head "remind self to delete text history better"

July 13, 2012 at 10:01 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Sir Biddle

That's what I thought immediately.

Anytime a family member posts anything on Facebook I get a text. It's annoying and I can't figure out how to turn that off. NGF asked for my Facebook password so she could help. I said "nice try". Nothing to hide here, but everyone needs their privacy even in relationships LOL.

July 13, 2012 at 10:08 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

Agree. One more reason I am not on Facebook.

My nephew left his phone out once and his buddies took it and posted on Faebook that he was in love and eloping. Kids these days. What ever happened to the old flaming bag of dog$hit, prank phone calls or egg'ing someone's house?

July 13, 2012 at 10:30 am | Reply
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

The police.

July 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  12. Truth™

Good morning all, and to paraphrase from my Father, "Insomnia does not just suqq, it performs the entire act, including f0replay and a smoke in the dark afterward"...For some reason, the words of Jim Morrison are in my head. "Well, I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer" (I didn't really, but Happy Friday all the same)

Coffee, Donuts, and well, Beer are in the back, so help yourselves. How is everyone doing today?

July 13, 2012 at 5:27 am | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

Was it really 3:30 am your time when you wrote that, or is 5:30 am right? Either way, yuck!!!! Sorry you had a bad night.

July 13, 2012 at 9:27 am | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary

It really was 3:30 a.m....not fun. I though people slept more as they got older. I am only good for four or five hours lately. On the bright side, I have lots of productive time...

July 13, 2012 at 10:03 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Truth

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeYTwunxjw&w=640&h=390]

July 13, 2012 at 10:12 am | Reply
      • Truth™@JDizz

I would smoke crab claws if I thought it would help me get eight hours...

July 13, 2012 at 10:31 am | Reply